[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Total Warhammer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 9
File: total-war-warhammer.jpg (113 KB, 869x489) Image search: [Google]
total-war-warhammer.jpg
113 KB, 869x489
>Less then 2 months until release
>Haven't seen any game play that isn't heavily scripted. Ai likely to be as bad as ever.
>No news on Vampire Counts
>Chaos Warriors literally cut from the game to be a pre-order bonus
>Armies missing units from the table top, likely more dlc.

At least this blunder wont surprise anyone. Do you think mods will be able to salvage it /v/?
>>
>>329863026

It pains me. I want it to be amazing. I've been waiting 15 years for Total Warhammer. CA, pls don't fuck this up.
>>
>>329863026

It's going to be shit and we all know it. After Rome 2, the lack of updates for that and all the other broken games, the lack of giving a fuck about the way the games play, etc etc, I can't see this being anything short of a Total Disaster.

I will still be buying it, but not on release.
>>
>>329864281
Day 1 pirate for me. Learned my lesson with Rome 2.

On the off chance its actually good, I would later get it on sale.
>>
>>329863026
To be honest I could care less, I've never understood the whole warhammer lore but hey if it turns out to be good I'll check it out once it comes down in price otherwise Im waiting for Medieval 3
>>
Their PR with this game has been remarkably bad. Most of their youtube vids have a substantial amount of downvotes, any involving Chaos Warriors have more down then up. They have also taken to banning people on their forums for any criticism. Looking at Steam data doesn't seem like pre-orders are doing that well either, though those might pick up closer to release.
>>
>>329864476
>>329864281

wb attila familia
>>
>>329866212
An improvement over Rome 2 in many aspects, but still not up to the standard of classic total war. Way to much DLC.

CA needs to change their fucking business practices and stop using Warscape to start earning back my trust.

Its practically a givin at this point that Total Warhammer is going to suck on release.
>>
File: 1435114737952.jpg (9 KB, 255x256) Image search: [Google]
1435114737952.jpg
9 KB, 255x256
>>329866481

Well that's awkward because I paid 260 dollars for high king edition.

WHOOPS.
>>
>>329866567
Thats an expensive shit sandwich anon
>>
File: 1448854357514.png (99 KB, 350x293) Image search: [Google]
1448854357514.png
99 KB, 350x293
>>329866898

Fuck yeah it is. I can't wait to dig into it.
>>
File: 1441934160411.png (373 KB, 364x374) Image search: [Google]
1441934160411.png
373 KB, 364x374
>not just playing the Medieval 2 mod instead
>>
>>329863909
Just like everyone who was waiting for that Rome sequel, remember how that turned out?
>>
File: 1416876160439.jpg (22 KB, 226x237) Image search: [Google]
1416876160439.jpg
22 KB, 226x237
>>329866972

>not just playing table top instead.

HAW.
>>
File: 1456021732738.jpg (116 KB, 1140x412) Image search: [Google]
1456021732738.jpg
116 KB, 1140x412
>>329867168
>not just playing Age of Sigmar
>>
if you buy this trash after rome 2 blunder you deserve to be hanged
>>
>>329866972
The mod is a nice distraction but ultimately shitty
>>
ofcourse itnwill be a piece of shit they are still using the same old broken engine.
its like building a house on a swamp and expecting it to last.
>>
>>329863026
There're no mods support.
>>
>>329864742
Medieval 3 is going to suffer from the same problems anon unless Saga/CA dramatically change the way they do business. Also how well this game sells will determine whether we get more fantasy total wars in the futures, or more historical ones. You should care anon.
>>
File: pregnant sheever - Copy.jpg (478 KB, 1200x1146) Image search: [Google]
pregnant sheever - Copy.jpg
478 KB, 1200x1146
>got Rome 2 on sale during summer sale
>no bugs encountered, runs really well on my 280x
>1440p 60 fps with toned down shadows
>looking great, campaign map is really impressive
>Morale is reasonable, units are quite varied, really enjoying imperator campaign as antony

Why exactly is rome 2 considered such a blunder? Pretty solid 8/10 tbqh
>>
>>329868393
Well there it goes, the small amount of hype I had for this game is gone.
>>
>>329868901
Thing is people are still butthurt over the release fiasco, and i admit, it was unforgivable back then. but with Emperor edition it's a solid 8/10 with not all issues fixed but good enough.
>>
>>329869323
Combat still feels off to me. Hard to articulate other then it feels too fast and arcady. Unit collision is still pretty bad. Patches fixed most of the bugs, but they cant fix the engine.
>>
>>329869561
I've played their newest game, TW Arena, and I can say that path finding will be shit in TW hammer. On the bright side, combat and gameplay is very solid. You have to accept the fact that all future TW games will have that fast arcady feel from no on.
>>
>>329869323
The fact that it took them over a year to fix the game after release is and always will be unacceptable
>>
On the off chance the game is good

who do you want to see added as dlc?

Skaven and High Elves are necessary
>>
>>329867680
>>329866481
There is nothing wrong with warscape. Quit parroting bullshit.

>>329866972
>playing medieval 2
>playing call of crashammer
>>
>>329872030
What are bullshit claims about Warscape>

All I know if that the series has been on a decline since they started using it.
>>
>>329872770
You both made nebulous claims that the engine is somehow faulty.

It hasn't been on a decline at all, in fact it hit sharp inclines with Napoopan and FotS before peaking at Attila.
>>
Heard some folks say TW:TW will be more restricted in terms of modding, even compared to Rome 2, hope thats not true
>>
>>329871090
who's confirmed for release so far? i'd like to see dark elves and dwarves i guess, or ogre kingdoms
>>
>>329873280
They aren't releasing mod tools or hosting mods on the Steam Workshop. That's it.
>>
>>329873134
From what I hear the engine is faulty though. It wasn't designed with formation melee combat in mind and it shows. They could get away with it in Shogun because of Samurai Bullshit, but two melee units fighting looks really bad in Rome 2.

While its all a matter of opinion. If you ask most long time fans of the series it has had its ups and downs since the engine was introduced, but it has not reached the peaks of classic Total War.
>>
>>329863026
>>329873280
There will be zero mod support because CA and GW are mega jews and I don't want to imagine what horrible monstrosity they'll morph into with this game. Also because the community will do a better job than they will and they won't charge people for it so it makes them look like assholes to retarded normies with zero impulse control or any sort of self control.
>>
>>329873461
Empire, Dwarves, Orcs and Goblins, and Vampire Counts are the playable factions in the vanilla game.

Chaos Warriors appear as antagonist to all the factions, but are only playable as a pre-order bonus. Bretonnians are also confirmed to appear as an Ai faction.

Everyone else is up in the air, thought they have states that they are interested in making lots of DLC.
>>
>>329873563
>From what I hear
Hence why I called you out for parroting bullshit

They looked really bad on release for Rome 2. Now they look fine.

A lot of long time fans don't apply the same critical lens to Rome 1 and Medieval 2 that they do to newer titles. The ideal, "classic Total War" you keep bringing up is shrouded in nostalgia.
>>
>>329873878
Sorry I don't have an in depth knowledge of the engine, but I will take the word of modders over an anon on 4chan.
>>
>>329864742
You could care less or couldn't care less?
>>
>>329873732
My money is on the lack of Mod support being due to CA and GW wanting to charge for every faction that gets added in. If the game sells well I wouldn't be surprised to eventually see all of them.
>>
>>329874134
>Sorry I don't have an in depth knowledge of the engine
Neither does anyone else trashing it. They are all just parroting that retarded aussie who made the video bashing Rome 2 on release.

What modders? If you're going to keep throwing these shitty authority appeals at me then at least cite them specifically.
>>
>>329874370
They already announced a free faction, which will likely be Bretonnia. They have stated the plan is to fit all 16 major factions into the trilogy, which shouldn't be any surprise. How else are they going to fill out two more full releases.
>>
>>329874868

16? Last I checked, by the end of Warhammer Fantasy, there were only 15.
>>
>>329874868
This is the first I am hearing about a trilogy.

Are subsequent games going to have the factions that were in the last game?
>>
>>329875094
You're right, but they promised 16. I'm hoping number 16 is Chaos Dwarfs.

>>329875201
No, but they all piece together to form one giant campaign map.
>>
>>329875402
Im confused about this whole thing though. Are they going to have a Warhammer game without the Empire and Orcs? Will the games all be multiplayer compatible or something?
>>
>>329874501
Just check out the TWC anon. Its the consensus that warscape isn't a good engine for melee fights, and it was so long before that Rome 2 Video, People talked about it back before Shogun 2 came out. What makes you an expert on the engine? Our entire argument has simply been you saying Nuh Uh to something that is more or less an established fact among the fans and not backing it up with anything except your opinion.
>>
File: 1446682311378.png (378 KB, 700x380) Image search: [Google]
1446682311378.png
378 KB, 700x380
>>329875714
>Are they going to have a Warhammer game without the Empire and Orcs?
Yes. Something along the lines of this image. So there could be a release with High Elves, Dark Elves, Lizardmen and Demons of Chaos.

I have no clue about the multiplayer, as they haven't gotten too into the nitty gritty. They just said that they are combinable.
>>
>>329876387
>TWC
Okay, now I know you're memeing.

The engine is fine for melee fights. You haven't provided a single reason it's not and instead keep throwing these lame ass authority appeals at me. Are you a mindless sheep that just parrots other peoples' opinions? Because that's the only thing your sad attempt at an argument has convinced me of.

There is nothing for me to refute. You just said it was bad because some nonspecific people said so. Maybe if you could provide the evidence I asked for in my previous comment, or at the very least say why it is bad for melee and relate that to the engine, then I could respond.
>>
>>329877030
people don't like in in fights, they get caught on objects and you end up with only 5 out of 200 fighting. that's why it's a shit engine
>>
>>329877030
You failed to answer my question of what makes you an authority on the engine, and you have not provided any evidence yourself. Its become apparent that you have none, and are just getting off on thinking of yourself as some sort of superior free thinker because you are going against what the majority of fans agree upon.

I stated myself that I am not an authority on it, but was rather stating what I have heard from others. Do you do all the research on scientific facts you agree with yourself? The Problems with warscape have been discussed extensively long before the video you point to as being their origin. Creative Assembly used to excuse of Samurai seeking out foes for duels when fans brought it up in relation to Shogun 2.

You can literally see the problems it has with melee combat by watching units fight in game. Not just Rome 2. Watch them fight in Empire, Napoleon, and Shogun 2. Its just individual soldiers dueling and entering into choreographed finishing movies. Now go back and watch units fight in Medieval 2 and Rome 1, where they stayed together as a unit and multiple soldiers could fight each other.

Im not going to go digging though internet forums to find fucking evidence thats not even going to convince some self important internet asshole of anything. I dont care about this argument that much. Play the games for your evidence.

Also where else are you supposed to find things from Total war fans and content creators? Immediately dismissing the single source as a meme shows to me how pointless this argument is.
>>
>>329873461
Empire, Orcs and Gobos, Dwarfs and Vampire Counts are playable

Chaos is playable with the DLC. A simplified version of them is in the game as a non-playable faction if you don't pre-order/buy the DLC

Bretonnia is confirmed as in with unique units. There's 1 FLC faction, so it's probably them

Estalia, Tilea and Kislev are all on the map, so they'll probably have generic factions. Expect them to be available with DLC culture packs

all Elves, Tomb Kings, Ogres, Lizards and other major factions will probably come with the planed expansions
>>
>>329878290
different anon.

while I think the warscape engine causes some problem with units not fighting, I've never found it to be that big a deal.

Conversely, while all the men in a unit tired to fight in Rome 1/Med 2, terrible path-finding and units constantly breaking ended up offset this. Overall, I still find warscape (especially Shogun 2 and Attila) to be much smoother than the Gen 2 games
>>
File: 1433718694501.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1433718694501.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>329878290
A few retards on TWC are not the majority you seem to think they are.

>Its just individual soldiers dueling and entering into choreographed finishing movies.
That's wrong though. Have you even played Rome 2 since it's been patched? Have you even played Attila? They fixed it in those games, so obviously it's not engine bound like you and a million other parrots on TWC seem to think it is.

>Now go back and watch units fight in Medieval 2 and Rome 1
You mean like in this webm? Try not to drown in all that nostalgia.

>Play the games for your evidence.
You mean the thing you clearly haven't done? I mean if I wanted to follow your example, I would just take everything I read on TWC as gospel.

The argument was pointless, because until now, you hadn't even given one reason why you thought it was bad.
>>
>>329878819
Did the TWC molest you or something?
Anyway, that Webm doesn't prove much. Its an undermanned unit that has broken formation. You can even see in the background that multiple units are engaging each other simultaneously, something you will not see in Rome 2, even with patches.

You got me though, I haven't played Attila. I lost interest in the series after Rome 2. If you have a WebM showing how melee combat in Attila is like you say, I will concede.
>>
>>329867104

Yeah I'm from that camp. I'm gonna be waiting. Attila gives me hope, though. They seemed to have gotten the message, at least enough to produce a competent game. Shogun 2 was adequate; ROTS was very good. They have it in them.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.