[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fallout 4
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7
File: Tenpines_Bluff.jpg (319 KB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
Tenpines_Bluff.jpg
319 KB, 1440x810
>Build settlements in shitholes no one actually wants to live in (Murkwater, Tenpines, Greentop)
>Actual decent places (like external vaults) are only available as settlements with shit Nexus mods
>Make actual former towns with existing infrastructure like Concord and Cambridge Street filled with spawnable NPCs instead of giving the ability to turn it into proper settlements

Sasuga Todd.
>>
>>329853339
I mean, yeah?

If you want responses, try shitposting or trolling.
>>
>>329853563

Red Rocket as a settlement really pisses me off.

That gets the workbench and not Concord?

Concord has like 20 ready made houses that I can just only install beds with and abandoned shoplots I can use to put stores in.

And yet, the shitty gas station between Concord and Sanctuary is the one that gets the workbench.
>>
Fallout 4 was just a poorly thought out game. I'm shocked how little care went into its creation. At least some love -- even minute -- went into making Skyrim.
>>
>>329853339
It kinda has the same problem as FarCry 2.

Why can't you clean out Mutant, Raider, or monster locations and build settlements at will?
>>
I just wanted to be able to make a settlement on that elevated highway south of tenpines. There's already several workbenches and a power armor station there, for fuck's sake
>>
>>329854779

yeah, that too.

Every Raider and Gunner outpost should've been turned into a settlement.

Hell, there should have been quests that allows you to destroy The Gunners for good and turn Gunner Palace into a Minuteman settlement.
>>
File: JUST.jpg (148 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
148 KB, 640x1136
>>329853339
>Build a house from scratch
>Walls, floors, ceilings and roofs have holes in them
I get that it's a post apocalypse game but come the fuck on. I understand it they were already existing buildings but there's no excuse for this shit if you build stuff yourself. Fuck you, Todd
>>
File: toddjimard.jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
toddjimard.jpg
6 KB, 225x225
JUST
>>
>>329855071
>I'd understand it if*
Jesus fuck, I should go to bed
>>
>>329855071

This too,

I can't fix the roofs of a nice house like Croup Manor?

Seriously?
>>
>giving a lone, solitary fuck about settlements

I mean, I know the rest of the game is just as bad if not worse, but come on now.
>>
File: 1456333106989.gif (209 KB, 435x317) Image search: [Google]
1456333106989.gif
209 KB, 435x317
I hate the debris everywhere. You'd think after 200 years they'd take a broom, and sweep up.
>>
>>329855391
It's post apocalypse, man. It doesn't work like this
>>
>>329855368

Settlement building is addictive as fuck m8 especially with SSEX and Homemaker
>>
>>329853339
>playing mineout4

lol
>>
>>329855494
Settlement building is boring as fuck and accomplishes nothing other than giving Preston more places to whine about being attacked
>>
The dumbest shit is how Fallout 2 already had towns that didn't look bad. People actually cared about rebuilding and make places livable.

And then suddenly everyone lives in a shithole in FO3 and FO4 which supposedly come later.
>>
>>329855739
>Settlement building is boring as fuck and accomplishes nothing

Its okay if you find it boring, cuz I dislike building shit too, but it does accomplish something.
Its the best way to produce resources and money.
When they release the Survival update it will become more useful.
>>
>>329855471
Even in a post-apocalyptic world you'd expect people to clear out the paper, and other junk, around their beds.
>>
>>329855025
Hey man if you just pay double for the season pass you can get access to great unplanned content just like that!
>>
>>329855881
the thing that pisses me off the most is that after years nobody ever touched any of the world around them. Oh hey look another diner nobody ever looted (full of pre-war food), that still has skeletons laying about for some reason.
>>
>>329856082
Then what would you collect for the crafting system?
>>
>>329856045
You trip over entirely too much money midgame anyway, building more industrial water purifiers for ludicrous pure water profit is just busywork.

Only worthwhile resource settlements produce is glue, and you can buy all the glue you need.
>>
>>329855881
>>329856150
It's clear at this point that Bethesda either doesn't care o understands the original material.
>>
>>329854490
Ya know, I couldn't figure out why I couldn't play FO4. Normally I get bored of Beth games after 40 odd hours, but it's always about how samey they get. I quit after about 15 hours of FO4 and it's because there's very claerly no love put into the game. It's hilariously generic and basic, there's no effort whatsoever, it's just the framework of a game, buitl so people that love it can make it for them. I wonder how the mod scene is for the game, is it dead as fuck, that would be so fucking gratifying.
>>
If you don't like it then make your own open world game.
>>
>>329855391
I think the point is, unless you live in diamond city it any other area with a militia for protection, living out in the commonwealth is dangerous. Prior don't tend to stay in one place too long out of fear of being harassed or worse by raiders. So they don't have time to clean up. And raiders don't give dick about cleaning up.
>>
>>329855881
>>329856150
This.
>>
>>329856374
But then why would I complain about the shitty job you did? I'd rather do that. Its more fun than either option
>>
>>329856339
Official mod tools won't be out until next month, so the mod scene is still small.
>>
>>329856339
Modding for the game right now is basically stone cold since Bethesda has yet to release the GECK so modders can start fixing this shit.
>>
File: Checkem.png (387 KB, 962x1045) Image search: [Google]
Checkem.png
387 KB, 962x1045
Man, I still just send everyone I find to Sanctuary. Is there a better place than that? I was going to go back and do the settlements after I do everything else in the game.
>>
>>329856459
There was shit all over Diamond City.
>>
>>329856459
>Have time to build giant buildings around old power pylons and plant crops/raise cattle
>Don't have time to pick up the litter or patch the holes in their shelters
Don't try to make up excuses for bad world design anon.
>>
>>329857150
Don't wait until the end to do settlement shit. Do small bits throughout the game, if you save it all for the end it gets tedious as fuck and boring
>>
I knew everything would suffer due to settlements.
>>
>>329856150
A E S T H E T I C S
E S T H E T I C S
S T H E T I C S
T H E T I C S
H E T I C S
E T I C S
T I C S
I C S
C S
S
>>
>>329856459
The point is stupid, since even secured towns are filled with clutter.
>>
>>329860729
Even if it's for aesthetics. It hurts the setting by having it set two centuries later. Why are they so adamant on it being set two centuries later anyway? Both Fallout 3 and 4 would have made much more sense if they were set just after the war. It's even worse in Fallout 4 because of all the wooden buildings and shit everywhere, far more than there was in Fallout 3.
>>
Is Sanctuary the only settlement with demolishable ruins? I can't think of any others that actually let you get rid of some of the ruined houses and shit.
>>
File: Fallout4 2016-01-02 13-54-37-98.jpg (291 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4 2016-01-02 13-54-37-98.jpg
291 KB, 1680x1050
>>329857150
Do like
>>329857892
Said
>>
>>329860729

I love you for making your post reasonably balanced and even.
>>
>>329854490
When I became the leader of a faction and received what was formerly end-game gear in earlier installments within an hour of booting up Fallout 4, I thought that it was Bethesda making fun of itself.

I was hoping to get absorbed in the world, but I learned pretty quickly that Fallout 4 was more about putting the player on a powertrip where the entire world revolves around them. I guess Fallout 3 wasn't that different in that sense, but Fallout 4 was a magnitude worse for it.

Why the fuck is there still a ~4 frame delay between inputting a movement command and actually moving? This shit has been in Bethesda games for ages.
>>
>>329855391
This pissed me right off in New Vegas in particular.
>>
>>329856082
i hate the fucking almost 2d models of crushed cans lying in an area where people live.
just fucking kick it out the door it's so damn easy. but you can't actually get rid of it even in build mode
>>
>>329861751
New Vegas makes slightly more sense because it's a desert and you'd think there'd be lots of well conserved places people wouldn't wander too far into and such.

It makes about 10% more sense than it does in FO3 and FO4, but it's still pretty senseless.
>>
>>329855071
this so much, most holes are from not putting on panel straight anyway.
So fucking stupid
>>
File: 1368499826758.png (159 KB, 476x345) Image search: [Google]
1368499826758.png
159 KB, 476x345
>build cool as fuck settlement
literally spend at least 20 hours meticulously doing so
>make Sanctuary great again
>fully walled, fully rebuilt, with every single perimeter line being watched by my trusty sentry guns
>"Sanctuary is being attacked!"
>go there
>wait for way too long
>welp I guess they must be glitching outside
>suddenly start hearing shooting
>enemies are now spawning one by fucking one right fucking inside my settlement, from the fucking thin air
>it goes on like this until it's over
>get mad
>remove every single wall
>just place a trio of turrets at the literal 3 spawn points
>it works every time flawlessly
>you can watch as they spawn and get shot down
>quit the game and uninstall

Wow. That was hyped so much and it was such a shitty letdown.
>>
>>329862050
I think it's even less sensible since the Mojave is clearly more civilized than the Capital Wasteland and the Commonwealth, AND it generally respects its setting enough to recognize this.
>>
>tfw started playing it two weeks ago
>game caught me and got 90 hours played out of it
>finished it and terribly disappointed by the main quest
>now looking back on it, nothing was actually memorable

It just feels empty as fuck, I would never replay it, something I've done with Beth games so far. It's a fun shooter and it's still fun to explore and find places, but I feel like I got nothing out of it, it's hard to explain. Anyone else got this feel?
>>
>>329856339

Beth might manage to kill their modding scene if they try to monetize it. Which I hope is what happens, since it would kill Beth's userbase.
>>
>>329862206
True, but what I mean is that it would make a lot more sense to find debris like that in a desert setting than somewhere as humid as the other places.
>>
Is the new survival mode out? I'm currently waiting to make a new character.

I have almost 200 hours and I haven';t even rescued the detective guy.
>>
>>329862568
>200 hours played

How even?

At 80 hours I have literally explored the whole map, every single location, and have done every quest, plus completed the main quest on a second run to see another outcome.

What are you even doing? Endlessly repeating settlement missions?
>>
>>329862264

I think most people, even normies, got this feel. Fallout 4 tries to serve all masters.

Most prominently, it tries to be a skyrim-esque action "rpg". It fails at this since there's only two cities ingame, with nothing much in either of them. Say what you will about Skyrim but each town had at least 3 quest givers and "infinite" dungeons. Fo4 uses the same 20 or so locations for their radiant quests, which come from only 6 faction NPCs.

As a story game it also fails since the main quest becomes laughable after you get to CIT. At the end of it you either go BoS or CIT (since most people don't know how to trigger the Minutemen questline and even more don't care about the pathetic rewards the Railroad gives you). The Noire stuff is about 90 minutes into the game and is dumped as the game pushes you elsewhere.

As a crafting game, it also fails since you aren't given enough tools out-of-the-box. You get the RTS mod duct taped on, with no documentation. Most people (especially normies) were totally lost and got nothing out of it. Even those that did found their options limited (DLC may fix this though) and constantly running out of material.

The only way Fo4 is good is if you play less than 10 hours of it. On some level, Beth hoped that most people wouldn't play past the part where you either have to find Virgil or the part where you spawn and kill a Courser. But even these people (specifically the dipshit that wrote the review for the LA Times) hate it since they can't figure out the "archaic" UI and inventory system.

In the end nobody really gets anything out of it.
>>
>>329861646
>putting the player on a powertrip where the entire world revolves around them
I tried to do a new character just trying to survive and find his kid while being fucked up from the world ending and watching his wife die.
But every turn I make I'm confronted with the main character being king shit and trying to change a world he was just brought into.

New Vegas at least got the underdog, outside influence thing right. You can happily walk through every town just doing things to track Benny and staying out of the conflict. Then once you get the chip you're enlisted to help, can tell everyone to fuck off and take the Strip for yourself, or help others and make it clear you're doing it for your benefit.
>>
>>329863000
It's just, I don't know why it is. if you ask me what I would do to improve it, I don't even know.

It just feels kind of empty all throughout.
>>
>>329862846
I was literally just....exploring? I dunno. I did a few side-quests, did some splunking, looted the place dry, then sold/stockpiled junk.

I spend alot of time searching every nook and cranny. it easily takes me like, half an hour to explore a cave.
>>
>>329865874
So did I, I literally explored everything, but I'd say about 10 minutes per location on average.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.