[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's /v/'s opinion on this game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (183 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
183 KB, 1280x720
What's /v/'s opinion on this game?
>>
Good overall but the removal of the mission boards and IQ skills and replacing them with fixed missions and RNG hurts the game too much for me to make it a favorite.
>>
Quite remarkable. Wont be long until sun and moon gets a version of its own.
>>
Should I pick this up as a first MD game?
>>
>>329850493
Sky is still the best starting point.
>>
I got to the expedition society and stopped playing out of boredom. Such a slow fucking start.
Should I go back and finish the game or not /v/?
>>
Does the game let you change player character at the end of the game like Red rescue team did?
>>
>>329850193
I liked it. The tutorial was way to long. The OST is amazing, better than the other games. I kinda miss the board though. Also it's way harder than the other games.
>>
>>329850748
You can play as any pokemon in non-story related missions
>>
>>329850768
>>329850371
>No job board

Then how the hell do you get missions to go on?
>>
>>329850858
Connection orb.It's how you recruit pokemon too. You complete their mission and they join your team. Some missions can be fucking brutal though.
>>
>>329850858
You are given a fixed list of missions. Completing one will unlock more but the missions don't change day to day or playthrough to playthrough. Instead of a randomized reward for completing the missions the client and sometimes more will join your team.

It also means that once you complete all the missions then there's nothing left to work towards
>>
It was really fun and was surprisingly difficult for a mystery dungeon game. I'm amazing by how much mileage you can get just out of level up moves.

The limited number of missions hurt though.

>>329850493
Play Sky first and if you like it, definitely pick this up.

>>329850748
You can do this at any point barring story missions, but the mon in towns and stuff will always be the Mon you picked at the start
>>
File: best partner.png (256 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
best partner.png
256 KB, 600x600
Best gameplay in PMD overall.

New recruit and mission systems are great in that they heavily encourage completionism, but also make the game much more rigid in a bad way for the formula for the series, really could've helped to have the new system and the old bulletin board.

Story is pretty easily the worst in the series, characters are alright.

Not Sky tier but better than Rescue Team and Gates overall.

>>329850748
You can play as whoever on Pelipper Island which is only free runs of dungeons and saving other players. Downgrade from Companion Mode in Gates which was basically the same but also let you do bulletin board missions missions.

>>329850858
You have something called the Connection Orb, which is a list of every single Pokemon. Like the relationship chart in Xenoblade. Most Pokemon have a job attached to it, and the Pokemon will join you after clearing their mission, sometimes ones will join by just talking to them in towns or by recruiting a Pokemon that's their friend. These jobs are set in stone and the won't be different on replays.
>>
>>329851202
>story is pretty easily the worst in the series
I haven't played it, but I though gates took the cake on that one? And rescue teams story wasn't that special. I thought it matched up quite nicely with explorers, even though sky still superior.
>>
>>329851202

Does this mean that wild Pokemon won't join you anymore?
>>
>>329851608
Yes
>>
>>329851450
The story is pretty bad, and the final boss felt like a rip-off of Yami from Okami.
>>
>>329851450
Gates had an alright story held up by pretty likable characters. Better than Rescue Team at the least which was excuse plot tier for the most part.

Super's plot is plain badly written at many times, and a bit after the halfway point the existing cast is almost entirely dumped for a new cast, which makes it hard to get attached to any of them and have that hold up the story.

>>329851608
Yep, no wild recruits. You also only get one of every Pokemon plus you and your partner, so evolve no one but yourself and your partner.
>>
Elder god tier I have 90 hours in it and still have about 5-10 dungeons that I haven't done yet
>>
Connection orb was stupid as fuck. I miss the old way of recruiting pokemon. I also miss the good old bulletin board.

I dropped the game after the third boss. Sky is still miles ahead.
>>
File: 100%c.png (480 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
100%c.png
480 KB, 800x600
10/10 game
Way better then Sky
>>
Sky >>>>>> Super > R/B >>>>>>> Gates
>>
>>329854605
That's 79 hours, right?
>>
>>329854820
Yep
>>
Tutorial was way too long and the story felt a little too easy but otherwise I enjoyed it. It's the only Pokemon mystery dungeon games I've played so I don't know how it compares to the others.
>>
File: 1453873261173.gif (1 MB, 392x400) Image search: [Google]
1453873261173.gif
1 MB, 392x400
>>329851067

FUUUUCCCKKING WEEEAAAK

But no,in all seriousness replay value is what keeps PMD:Blue one of my all time favorite DS games.

Nothing beats taking on a hard ass mission and if all fails getting your bros to try and get you out.

...One of the only things I missed about GaymFags...
>>
wait people still play these? after the 3rd one it went to shit for me
>>
>>329855416
This.
>>
>>329851067
But that is why SMD is good.

Everything else's bulletin missions were so pointless and boring. Once you finished the story there was nothing else to do because getting max rank did nothing and recurring all pokemon was a tedious grind of deating the same pokemon in a dungeon hoping they would join. And then there is the fucking legendaris that need that item and stuff.

In SMD you have a goal to work towards and something to do. You had a 100% value you could work towards and the game told you exactly what you needed to be done. The amount of times I have played the previous MD game's story and post game and said "Now what" is ridiculous.
>>
>>329856381
It's a mixed bag because while it gives you firm goals to aim for it kills open replayability which is a shame in a series all about randomization
>>
About to start Pelipper Island. Before I choose what Pokemon I control, can I change who I control later on?
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.