[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the hell are German age ratings so huge and ugly? Isn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: german-usk.jpg (31 KB, 490x367) Image search: [Google]
german-usk.jpg
31 KB, 490x367
Why the hell are German age ratings so huge and ugly? Isn't PEGI good enough?
>>
So parents and cashiers see if the game is okay for thier kid/the customer.
My dad bought the first Resident Evil with the old, small USK logo for me when I was a kid, without even realizing what he buys there.
That's why it's huge.

Also germans often think they need own systems and norms for things.
>>
>>329845793
So....just use PEGI. Even the UK doesn't use its own ratings board anymore for video games.
>>
Because 2 different guys shot their school up and both had counter strike and far cry 2 on their PC

society blames video games for this
>these games make violent
>there should be big warnings on the cover
>we should ban all shooting games

bla bla bla... and now we got these huge ass rating logos on the cover FOREVER
>>
>>329845376
PEGI ratings are just a recommendation and it's not legally bound to follow them.
The german government had the choice to use PEGI or come up with their own system.
Making PEGI legally binding wasn't so easy, so they came up with the USK.
>>
>>329846443
meant for >>329846068
>>
>>329846549
So why did the UK get rid of their legally binding ratings system for video games?
>>
>>329846679
I don't know.
Maybe they made PEGI legally binding for the UK. It's possible to make it legally binding, Germany just didn't want to do it.
>>
>>329846443
>PEGI ratings are just a recommendation and it's not legally bound to follow them.
So are USK and FSK you fucking moron
>The german government had the choice to use PEGI or come up with their own system.
NO we have our own system since 1983
>Making PEGI legally binding wasn't so easy, so they came up with the USK
You went full autism
>>
>>329846938
>So are USK and FSK you fucking moron
No the USK and FSK are legally bound. Stores HAVE to follow those ratings.

You're right about the other parts though.
Germany had the USK and FSK long befor the PEGI became the norm in Europe (2003).
They had the choice to accept the PEGI-System like the other european countries, but they chose not to.
>>
>>329847306
FSK even fucking means Freiwillige Selbstkontrolle "voluntary self-control"

STOP MAKING SHIT UP IT'S BECAUSE TWO GUYS WENT CRAZY AND SHOT THEIR SCHOOL UP

THATS THE FUCKING REASON FOR THESE BIG ASS LOGOS
>>
>>329845376
Those really look like warning signs from laboratories. I'd take german's ratings far more seriously than ESRB or PEGI if I were a parent.
>>
>>329847501
Take a look at the JUGENDSCHUTZGESETZ you nigger.
>>
>>329847820
Bist du behindert? Lies doch einfach den Wikipedia Eintrag
>>
>>329845793
This rating system would've stopped my parents buying me MGS1 for PS1 when I was 10, years ago and instead would've turned me into a pathetic nintoddeler.

I am so fucking happy my parents picked the PS1 over the N64 manchild creator.
>>
>>329845793
Thats not the reason we have these huge ratings
>>
File: hkYd2z1B.jpg (24 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
hkYd2z1B.jpg
24 KB, 512x512
>there's a difference emotionally and cognitively between a 16 year old and an 18 year old
>>
>>329847939
>Kann der Handel selbst entscheiden, ob er sich beim Verkauf an die Altersgrenzen hält?
Nein, der Handel ist zwingend an die mit den Alterskennzeichen verbundenen Abgabebeschränkungen an Kinder und Jugendliche gebunden. Nach dem Jugendschutzgesetz kann der Händler bei Missachtung mit bis zu 50.000 Euro Bußgeld bestraft werden.

Straight from the FAQ of the USK.
>>
>>329847964
The fact that you're still fighting a 20 year old console war makes me question their decision.
>>
>>329845376
They need extra controls to ensure no Hitlers nor nazi symbology appears
>>
>>329848250
If they're getting properly educated it should be.
Though adjusting the ratings according to each society would be a pain, so it's easier to standarlise it.
>>
>>329848636

>getting properly educated
>standarlise
>>
>>329848250
Laws and legal definitions senpai.
>>
>>329848830
have nothing to do with what I just said
>>
>>329848506
War? To my knowledge the PlayStation fucking decimated Nintendo from its inception. I'm not fighting a war, I'm just thanking the heavens my parents didn't turn me into a fucking Mario Nintendo baby.
>>
>special edition
>publisher too lazy to print usk/pegi only versions
>just print for the whole PAL region
>have USK/Pegi on box
>have USK/Pegi and that fucking straya shit on the disc
>>
>>329849086
WHICH GAME?

Tell me so I can avoid. That's some seriously lazy shit.
>>
>>329849250
How new are you?
>>
Some seem to have 3 ratings on their games. Glad I live in the US where all we have is a fairly small rating box that doesn't fuck with the game art.
>>
>>329845376
The thing is every special edition pal games get this huge ugly rating thing because NoE is based in Germany. Thanks guys for ruining every cover with this shit
>>
>>329849570
Thank the gunman
>>
>>329845376
You clearly haven't seen Australian rating logos, ours are fucking huge
>>
>>329849818
And you don't even have school shootings kek
>>
File: 91EtM76E+kL._SL1500_.jpg (373 KB, 1354x794) Image search: [Google]
91EtM76E+kL._SL1500_.jpg
373 KB, 1354x794
>>329849818
both are huge.
>>
>>329849003
No they just turned you into a /v/ elitist shitposter baby instead
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.