[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sweeney Admits There’s No Proof of Evil Plan by Microsoft
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: download.jpg (57 KB, 360x200) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
57 KB, 360x200
http://wccftech.com/sweeney-admits-theres-no-proof-of-evil-plan-by-microsoft-proves-hes-not-up-to-date-on-uwp-specifics/?utm_source=wccftechtwitterfeed&utm_medium=wccftechtwitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Wccftechcom+%28WCCFtech.com%29

What the fuck is up with this guy?
>>
>>329831491

but most important literally who?
>>
>>329831797

oh fuck the geek behind UE and generic shitty games

Guess microshit cover him in gold
>>
who the fuck is this dweeb?
>>
>>329831491
Seems like Microsoft is paying for a lot of damage control after yesterday's surprise. Guess we can expect to see more articles talking about how wonderful UWP is and how great Windows 10 will be for gaming.
>>
>>329832345
>after yesterday's surprise

What happened?
>>
>>329832345
what was yesterday's surprise? i'm guessing MS shot themselves in yet another foot, which isn't too surprising
>>
>>329832569
>>329832608
Literally "MS could do a bad thing"

It was all speculation, the guy was basically saying MS is going to remove Win32, force UWP and completely cut off Steam and GoG

MS is stupid, but not that fucking moronic

Also his proof is that its difficult to make Chrome the default browser on Win 10, fucking lel
>>
>>329832569

guess this

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/03/tim-sweeney-to-microsoft-universal-windows-platform-can-should-must-and-will-die/

then m$ sent him a golden horse head and I guess he changed is mind,or he's just playing Harvey Dent

Basically W10 turning into GFWL/Denuvo/Securom/Starforce/Uplay/Origin/onlineplay/place your dataminer there mess
>>
>>329833069
>MS is stupid, but not that fucking moronic
yeah, this
>>
>>329833069
But I use mozilla without any since day on windows 10. What was so hard about it?
>>
>>329832608
The thing the article is doing damage control for? Epic spilling the beans about UWP and the Windows Store being an attempt to lock PC gaming down before Microsoft loses control of it?
>>
>>329831491
>there's no definite proof that the Big Bad Wolf will eat Little Red Riding Hood first chance he gets
>>
>>329833441
oh, kind of like their attempts to dominate the mobile market? years too late and more sad than threatening?
>>
>>329833441
Not the only article pointing out how fucking much he jumped the gun

http://www.pcworld.com/article/3040835/software-games/epic-ceo-accuses-microsoft-of-turning-pc-gaming-into-a-walled-windows-store-garden-in-weakly-argued.html
>>
>>329833069
It's hard to make chrome the default browser. How'd the fuck I do it then?
>>
>>329833825
well with every other browser, it asks "make me your default browser?" when you run it the first time, and you click "ya, okay"

not sure how chrome does it. maybe it's just too innovative for that
>>
>>329833695
Windows-centric publications posting stories positive about Microsoft? Will wonders never cease?

What's next? Ars technica reviewing a Linux based console and then testing it out with an obscure multi-dvi input display and declaring it unuasable for its intended purpose?
>>
>>329833441
>lock PC gaming down before Microsoft loses control of it?

MS has control over PC gaming?
>>
Man I just don't want anything to do with W10 regardless. Just gives me the spooks. Puts the willies up me.
>>
>>329834662
How many developers target OpenGL/SDL first again? The average age of the graphics API most games are targeting is?

DirectX has for more than a decade now existed solely to lock devs to Microsoft's platform and to hold PC gaming back to benefit their console business. That's why DX12/UWP is even more draconian and restrictive than any previous version, they're afraid of Vulkan. A unified front of Linux devices using the same drivers and same APIs from Android/Linux on phones, to SteamOS/Linux on consoles, to GNU/Linux on desktops would be larger than Microsoft's current marketshare.
>>
Is there even a way to access the WindowsApps folder?
I tried messing with privileges and get the ownership of the folder but it always says NOPE to me.
>>
>>329831491

Hello microsoft PR agent.
>>
It's amusing how that whole article basically misrepresents everything said to twist it into what it doesn't say.
>>
>>329834662
For the past decade if you wanted to game on a PC you did so on Windows. So yeah, they had control.
>>
I already saw the nightmare scenario coming when i bought Rise of the Tomb Raider from the Windows Store and couldn't access the folder without bruteforcing permissions on it.
>>
File: 956.gif (3 MB, 405x225) Image search: [Google]
956.gif
3 MB, 405x225
>>329837898
>bought Rise of the Tomb Raider from the Windows Store
Your suffering has only started
>>
>>329838518
it was in ukranian currency, the damage wasn't so bad.
>>
>>329832047
I thought Cliffy B made unreal engine
>>
>>329838631
Cliffy B is a designer, i don't think he can help coding an engine.
>>
File: image_1.jpg (61 KB, 527x504) Image search: [Google]
image_1.jpg
61 KB, 527x504
>people unironically installed windows 10
>>
>>329831491
>Guys, you should be wary of large companies trying to push black box systems. If Microsoft keep going the way they're going they could end up creating a monopoly
>dude stop worrying lmao
>dude everything's fine at the moment lmao
>dude stop thinking about the future, just b yourself ;) lmao
Does Microsoft hire these people, or are there just that many naive Microsoft users?

The same thing happens whenever you talk about stuff like forced updates and monitoring on Win 10. Apparently, the idea that problems can grow over time is an alien idea to some people.
>>
>>329839339
>Does Microsoft hire these people?

Take a guess

http://techrights.org/2008/12/27/microsoft-shills-aka-te-secrets/
>>
>>329832047
you take that back unreal was a great franchise
>>
>>329839174
Why do weebs like dump?

He's literally talking about blocking out china and japan. That means expensive as fuck Japanese shit. PS4 going up in price and Japanese games finding it almost impossible to compete in the US .

Dump would help MS so much and make the xbox one the only console people can afford to buy
>>
>>329834662
Look at all these new "Windows 10 Exclusives" coming out dumbfuck.
>>
Do we actually have UWP shills or something? There is nothing good for the consumer in how UWP is managed.

Sweeneys accusations were valid and that article only says he's admitting there's no evil plan on his good faith that they will stick to their promises to improve the current state of it.
>>
>>329839339

They still hire people to clap and cheer at their conferences so this isn't any crazier than that.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.