[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did they fuck it up this badly?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8
File: complete failure.jpg (2 MB, 1776x1355) Image search: [Google]
complete failure.jpg
2 MB, 1776x1355
How did they fuck it up this badly?
>>
i thought it was okay
>>
The only thing that bothered me was you didn't unlocked the armored form from the first one. Oh and the face that Mercer ends up just being a retarded villain since they had nothing else to go with apparently.
>>
File: diversity.jpg (452 KB, 960x660) Image search: [Google]
diversity.jpg
452 KB, 960x660
>>
What ever happened to their gradual content release thing? The game flopped hard
>>
>>329817864
dlc was half the game I never played
>>
>>329817864

Wait the protagonist was a black guy? KEK
>>
>>329817864
nigger main character.
It was born to be a failure
>>
>>329818120
whyyy the fuck did they make him a nigger and also added1204104 spikes everywhere? i honestly want to murder them
>>
>>329817864
>make the hero a villain but make that character development in a completely different medium
>city zoned off into sections
>less powers, not enough shit you can do with combining powers to make up for the loss. All but one of the powers are from the first game.
>BITCH
>>
>>329818512
>>329818874
that's nothing, you should play the game, it's horrible

>constant loading
>tiny draw distance
>ruined alex's character
>plot makes no sense
etc
etc
>>
>>329817864

>hey the main character in the first game is actually a sentient virus with the memories and feelings of the first person it killed
>instead of exploring what we can do with a character like that, lets just replace him with a generic soldier character whose sole motivation is 'muh family'

Fuck Radical Entertainment, so much.

Although this was funny.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuS6ZJrfZXQ
>>
>>329817864
It was fun____
>>
>>329817864
Proto1 was amazing. I though they were going places with this franchise. And then they did fuck everything up...
Just like Dead Space...
>>
>>329819209
so many fucking possibilities after the first game, and they shit out this turd
why live?
>>
File: 1440363429251.jpg (16 KB, 211x246) Image search: [Google]
1440363429251.jpg
16 KB, 211x246
>>329819209
>first game makes a huge fuss about pariah and how bad everything would be if Alex met him
>literally no mention of him what so ever in the second game

Pretty disappointing.
>>
>>329817864
The original Prototype was one of the best games of last gen. Much better than Infamous. Unfortunate that the sequel was pretty shit.
>Nigger Protag
They should have stuck with Mercer.
>>
File: 1361858847505.jpg (4 KB, 134x118) Image search: [Google]
1361858847505.jpg
4 KB, 134x118
>Play Prototype
>get the patsy ability
>infiltrate an enemy fort
>slowly but surely kill everyone inside
>gets down to three guys standing in a semi circle
>patsy one
>in the cross fire a second guy gets shot by his buddy
>eat the last guy
>proceed to run super laps around the now empty base

>Play Prototype 2
>
>>
Man I loved turning into soldier and helping them in killing nests
Is it still possible in 2?
>>
>>329819142
Activision is to blame, not Radical.

The writer for Prototype 1 was named Dennis Detwiller (if you're interested, look up Delta Green, which is pretty much BlackWatch: the tabletop RPG). After the first game, they hired a new writer named Dan Jolley (who had previously written some DC comics) who's responsible for most of Prototype 2's plot, including James Heller and Alex being a villian. He also wrote the tie-in interquel comic which basically shows a weak motivation for Alex becoming a villian (humans are greedy and selfish! I hate them now!)

To top it off, they also hired new people on the dev team in order to keep fresh blood around, but these new guys were responsible for downgrading the gameplay because it would make the game more accessible to a broader audience. One great example is one of the newbies shown in a dev diary explaining how people complained about being knocked back by tank shells and Hunters in P1, so they would make action commands to avoid that situation, like the "jump behind them and hit strategy" that Heller uses even though there was nothing wrong with learning how to press the fucking right trigger to dodge roll.

Even though Prototype 2 was a moderately successful title across PC, 360, and PS3, Activision was unhappy with the sales, and then killed Radical forever and absorbed them into Activision's main offices
>>
>>329819142
>Said virus turns out to have more compassion and be more humane than Mercer himself

Mercer had a good amount of character depth, especially for someone who looks edgier than Haze.
>>
I had fun playing it even if it was downgraded but man was it short.
>>
Mercer always reminded me of Ep III Anakin.

Like I couldn't separate the two, he just looked like it so much.

The game was decent though. There were times that I wanted to outright quit and throw the controller across the room though. Fucking RPG guys ruining my flow.

Some of it seemed really slapped together though, the city especially. The way they approached a gradual infection throughout the city was cool though, not a lot of games do shit like that.
>>
>>329823901
>though
>though
>though
>though

Fuck, I need to find better word choice.
>>
Wait, they made Alex the villain?
Please tell me it's a joke.
What the fuck was the point of the whole first game then?
>>
>>329824227
To make the sequel look even worse
>>
They made the previous lead character evil because he got fucking NTR'd by some cunt.

Seriously, he had already been NTR'd in a way with the real Mercer's bitch GF, not to mention absorbing enough terrible people to make Hitler look like a saint.

But nope, getting shot by one chick made him decide to fuck over humanity.
>>
WE WUZ SHAPESHIFTERS AND SHEEEIT
>>
>>329824227
I think I remember the main driving force behind making Alex the villain was that "it hasn't been done before" or something like that.
>>
File: boss transformation.webm (1 MB, 400x224) Image search: [Google]
boss transformation.webm
1 MB, 400x224
>>329817864
first ones ost was pretty gud

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLaQT8efpS0
>>
>>329817864
I enjoyed the combat and world more than Prototype 1.
Having to active power at once let me find fun infinite combos.
Actual fite missions instead of just random races and kill x in x amount of time minigames.
I liked the protagonist more. Black people are more entertaining than edgy white guys.
>>
>>329818956
Sounds like the game was an unfinished blue-print for what could have been.

:^)
>>
>>329824650
Making a good guy who becomes evil?
really?
Never been done before?
Are they fucking retarded?
>>
File: 24231.jpg (54 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
24231.jpg
54 KB, 500x500
>>329824963
>Are they fucking retarded?
>>
>>329821593
Didn't know that, very interesting.

Apparently delta green had a successful kikestarter.
>>
>>329824227
Alex did nothing wrong. He was still out to destroy Blackwatch and Gentek.

He just also had a side objective of creating a superior race of Blacklight evolved humans. After the first game, he desided there were too many evil humans, and that evolving the human race was the only way to save it. And he was correct.
>>
Fucking cunts couldn't make a proper PC port, and i'm not talking about shitty FPS, i'm talking balls to the wall you can't play tier FPS on high end machines
Prototype 2 was objectively the worst PC port of all time
>>
File: 1377014732786.gif (1 MB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
1377014732786.gif
1 MB, 300x169
>>329823635
This. I found the gameplay so much fun but there's not much to do. I still go back and start a new game plus with 100% because I feel so unstoppably badass.

Mfw I'll never get 2's gameplay with 1's content and hundreds of enemies on screen
>>
>>329825807

>Worst PC port of all time

Ever heard of Arkham Knight?
>>
>>329825487

Bullshit
>>
>>329821428
>Man I loved turning into soldier and helping them in killing nests
>Is it still possible in 2?

not only possible, there is a mission in 2 where you do it, complete with dialogue from your blackwatch squadmates
>>
black protag
>>
terrible choice to change main characters. and then that RIDICULOUS comic, showing mercer, a man who is hundreds of people who have done the worst things imaginable, doing a total 180 over a betrayal.

i can't believe they gave us a character who REFUSES to use the knowledge that he gains when he eats people. we see him eat a scientist with probably 20+ years experience with computers, and he just doesn't access those memories.

dumbed down powers, each power has like 3-4 moves now, where in the first you were loaded with combos for every power, and loaded with abilities for no powers equipped.

made the game too easy, even on insane, with "casual-friendly" insta-kill moves for tanks and aircraft, shields that block all attacks and regen health, while hurting people who attack you, and an evolution ability that makes you immune to small arms fire.

everyone agrees, if you made a third, have mercer simply overtake heller, bring back barry pepper,(who wouldn't voice mercer in prototype 2 because they totally changed his character) and expand the ability options again.
>>
>>329817864

horrible optimization le angry black guy fuck da mersa
>>
File: 1392883751105.jpg (75 KB, 680x684) Image search: [Google]
1392883751105.jpg
75 KB, 680x684
>>329828531
We'll probably never see another game. Still not sure how I should feel about that though.
>>
>>329829125

they were certainly fishing for a market for a third, with that prototype bundle they were selling.

i doubt that sold well at all though, terrible optimization issues
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.