[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best mmorpg atm why is it still Nostalrius?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault.jpg (151 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
151 KB, 1280x720
What's the best mmorpg atm why is it still Nostalrius?
>>
>13k players online

the delay is real today
>>
vanilla is the worst expansion though
>>
>>329792036
it's the best after BC, everything else is made for casuals
>>
>>329791774

Kronos
>>
>>329791774
Looked like the MC of Medievil for a split second
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (22 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
22 KB, 480x360
>>329792102
>literally desert server compared to nostalrius
>>
Nostalrius is filled to the fucking brim with chinks and gold farming/selling bots though.
>>
>>329791774
Dalaran is cool too even though it's 1x
>>
>>329792036

BC is best if you are gonna raid, vanilla for the world experience.
>>
The fucking china men ruined it just like they ruin everything else.
>>
>>329792179

765 online on alliance right now, not sure how much on horde and it's not peak time. Population and stability wise nost pve is better but then again it's pve.

You have zero credibility if you try and pull the nost pvp card because the server is broken completely if you actually knew what you were talking about.
>>
is blackdesert allready dead or why there are no threads on /v/ about it?
>>
>>329791774
The server is full of Chineses and Russians it's kinda lame
>>
>>329792219
except television.

they finally banned all the degenerate shit.
>>
>>329792303

Most likely 12k on horde because only faggots play alliance.

Retard.
>>
>>329791774

who /Lemons/ here?
>>
>>329792303
>considers 765 players a good number
good luck to have a world pvp experience

As you said, pve is much better in nost, you have 0 problems to find/make a raid/team, same applies for battlegrounds.

I'll give you that there's some lag outdoors but it's worth it considering the amount of people there is, it makeas feel the server much more alive.
>>
>>329792182
The admins don't ban the gold sellers because they cut a profit deal with them for each gold package sold.
>>
>>329791774
>playing a shitty expanded version of tge founding of durotan.
>>
>>329792590

You have zero input on nostalrius pvp you are the literal definition of Baghdad Bob if you consider the problem"some lag"
>>
>>329792748
Well it's not my fault if you aren't from europe, but don't shit-talk about nostalrius just becouse you live 8000km away from the server.
>>
>>329793345

I do live in Europe, i have 2 60's and visit the general. The state of the pvp server is FUCK OF WERE FULL to the point where it goes down several times daily with unbearable lag.

Chinese everywhere and Chinese wintraders in pvp that get unbanned constantly. Draw distance is still shit and GM's are just putting the lid on top of the complains hopping it will all go away.

Things are bad and escalating the server won't take much more
>>
>>329793641
I live in Europe too and have barely any of these problems.
>>
>>329791774
How does /v/ feel about The Secert World? I feel like its a great game, combats a little werid but I'm having fun with it.
>>
>>329791774
FFXIV

It's the least worst MMO available right now and has a ton of polish not found in other MMOs.
>>
>>329793641

I play from America too and you are definitely overexaggerating this shit
>>
>undead warrior vanilla creation screen

that shit should come with a trigger warning. I miss my warrior. sold my account in wrath for $300 along with my champion title

too bad vanilla servers are shit that only wrathbabies pretend to like. aside from the pvp it's totally pointless to play custom any server unless you're a subhuman who likes to farm just because.
>>
Is it free or what?
>>
>>329794578
Lol newfag
>>
>>329794578
yes
http://www.nostalrius.org/
>>
So the general consensus is pve is better?
>>
>>329791774
There any gud BC server?
>>
>>329794770
LMAO

PVE is the shit server, sure its not full of chinks and it runs better. But its also the server literally nobody cares about. Sooner or later Nostalrius will be forced to do something about the split community issue, because the population is only increasing.
>>
File: muru.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
muru.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>329794901
Depends on what you consider "good". For example, Nostalrius isn't what I would consider "good" (since most of the content is in open source emulation shape more or less, and they still have major class and mechanics bugs).

Corecraft is far more advanced than any other private server of any other expansion but it's handicapped by not being released, the test server has been up for half a year now, though. You should be able to find heroics groups and such like in IRC.

Besides maybe some national servers I don't have knowledge of (German Back2Basics, Czech Twinstar Ares, although it's dead in terms of population, some other server I don't remember), Hellground is the least bad by virtue of having pretty good raids and generally offering "retail-like" experience (bosses aren't bugged such that you could abuse them, classes aren't bugged to such an extent raid comps or other such considerations would change, economy is pretty good etc). However, while it's an officially international server, I don't think there is too many international guilds there at this point.

Then there's Excalibur that has bigger population particularly in US time zones but it's worse. For example, last time I heard, pic related is still how M'uru works there.

As far as upcoming servers besides CC go, there's PlayTBC that has been forked from briefly open sourced Hellground from 2013(?), the amount of improvements they've made is unknown. Maybe they've done more than HG devs have since the source was available, maybe they haven't, personally I think it looks like one of those projects by 15-year old admins who want to have a power trip of running a server.

And another wild card, Worldofcrusade. Made by Gummy, notorious for having shut down his previous project (Scriptcraft) twice, but he started working on it (then called "Valiance WoW") about 4 years ago so there's at least a chance it actually has major improvements compared to stock emulation. But ultimately, it's unproven.
>>
>>329796495
Thanks I guess I'll just wait for corecraft. I just want to raid t4/5 again
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.