[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Harvest Moon 3DS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8
File: latest[1].jpg (128 KB, 600x534) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
128 KB, 600x534
Hello I'm new to the Harvest Moon series. I'd like to get a title for my 3DS. Which one is the best starting option for beginners?
>>
Story of Seasons
>>
bump. Feel free to discuss the games here
>>
Rune Factory 4
>>
>>329789529
this
>>
tale of two towns is shit, either you go with farming in one town or you go with animal husbandry in the other, can't have both.

go with story of seasons, its fun for the first year and build the seed maker fast so you can get rich on 5 star crops
>>
>>329789642
>>329789475
Wait... this is not a Harvest Moon title, isn't it?
>>
File: 2015-06-08-Harvest-Loon[1].jpg (257 KB, 900x586) Image search: [Google]
2015-06-08-Harvest-Loon[1].jpg
257 KB, 900x586
>>329789724
I'll let the expert explain
>>
>>329789724
Harvest moon is made by another studio but it has the same director (?) like the harvest moon games

but it's very much a harvest moon game and better in most of the aspects of the game compared to the other harvest moon games on the 3ds which all are shit and feel empty
>>
>>329789724
But it is. Story of Season is part of "Bokujou Monogatari" - Harvest Moon series. Natsume keeps its brand. Actual series now being localized by XSeed.

Tale of Two Town -> A New Begining
-> Story of Season (Actual game by XSeed)
-> HM: The Lost Valley (HM-Like by Natsume)
>>
>>329789817
>>329789853
>>329789919
Thanks for the input guys. So it's a battle between Story of Seasons and Rune Factory. The latter seems to be too much fantasy though
>>
>>329789724
It is. Any "Harvest Moon" game that comes after A New Beginning isn't Harvest Moon.

Story of Seasons in the new English title for the series, all new "Harvest Moon" games are made by Natsume, not Marvelous (the real devs).
>>
File: c3e.png (592 KB, 469x542) Image search: [Google]
c3e.png
592 KB, 469x542
>>329789817
>tsundere bishounen
I need to play this, male tsun is the best shit!
>>
>>329790127
Story of Season is a pure farming sim. Plow your fields and plow your waifus.

Rune Factory is half action RPG, half farming sim. Strap up your gauntlets and suplex a dragon or piledriver one of the local gods in front of your waifu to get her excited.

Both are amazing games.
>>
>>329790483
Dylas is pretty much best boy.

Frey: Aren't you going swimming, Dylas?
Dylas: Hmph. I'm no kid. Why should I romp around like one?
Frey: Well, you are wearing a swimsuit.
Dylas: N-not for that dumb a reason! See, I, uh... I'm wearing a swimsuit!
Frey: I noticed that.
>>
>>329789341
Get a new beginning. It's the better of the 3ds ones.
>>
>>329790483
>Dylas: I've been waiting for you... wait-no I haven't!

Nigga is moe as fuck when you try to be his waifu.

>>329791078
SoS is pretty much an improved version of New Beginning, I felt. Both are great nonetheless.
>>
File: e38.jpg (40 KB, 640x527) Image search: [Google]
e38.jpg
40 KB, 640x527
>>329790562
>plowing your waifu

Isnt that the reason why we play the game all the way through.
>>
Avoid this one like the plague.
>>
If you want something recent that's easy to find and play, Stardew Valley just released last week and it has lived up to my expectations of the genre wonderfully.
>>
>>329789341
Story of Seasons or Rune Factory 4
>>
>>329791307
>Farming is so time consuming due to slow animations that once you have access to mines you will never farm again besides for quest items.
>>
>>329791316
Fuck off viral marketer
>>
>>329791706

Not viral marketing, but it's sad to see Story of Seasons get suggested so frequently, as even on the busiest days it's slower than molasses and the framerate is incredibly choppy on your farm. I understand it's hard for someone like yourself to get that someone might like a game and praise it in a relevant thread, but I assure you, the world isn't full of viral marketers aiming to ruin your precious safe space.
>>
File: both.jpg (575 KB, 1709x1142) Image search: [Google]
both.jpg
575 KB, 1709x1142
>>329791386
better yet, both.

>>329791307
>>329791480
How bad is it?
Only thing i heard is that you start in winter which sounds like horse shit.
>>
>>329789341
Rune Factory 4 is the best spin-off HM. Hm: A New Beginning let's you build the town the way you want. Has slight translation errors in the text. You also have to wait long peroids of time to pretty much progress the story, you have to build everybody's house, so must hoard all of the materials you forage for. the customization of this game is awesome. ANB is a great game when you get passed the slow start. In SoS, it's really an improved version of ANB. You don't have to wait as long to progress the story. I think the personalities of the villagers are a bit more well represented. The marriage candidates have better personalities. You have to build everything yourself for the farm, however, you have to hoard materials as much. You only get to customize little areas of the town, but your farm is free to customize. This game can really hit you right in the feels.
>>
>>329791990
>Most of the game is winter
>You cannot farm too much in one day due to having to water one crop at a time and the animations take a while and time moves fast
>>
>>329791990
>How bad is it?

Imagine scrubbing your balls with steel wool, hammering nails into your dick, then pouring bleach and battery acid on your balls and dick.

Now turn that experience into a video game, and it'd still be a better game than Lost Valley.
>>
>>329791990
The first third to half of the game is brutal due to garbage farming mechanics and permanent winter. It gets better once you get access to the mines so you can stop farming.
>>
>>329792434
>Farming sim game gets better once you can stop farming
I wasn't aware they could fuck something up this badly.
Well, SoS and rf4 is enough for now.
>>
File: popopopopo.jpg (687 KB, 880x700) Image search: [Google]
popopopopo.jpg
687 KB, 880x700
Has anyone tried pic related? Loved SoS and was curious on this one
>>
I tried Story of Seasons and really didn't care for it. So much stuff is closed off, villagers have requirements to meet to even show up, you can only ship on certain days. Really felt like a chore to play.
>>
>>329789341
Just play Stardew Valley, it does everything that these games do but is less tedious.
>>
>>329789529
Rune Factory isn't Harvest Moon. It's a spinoff, but not very indicative of the series. It's basically combat with farm tools + animoo waifus with optional farming elements rather than the other way around. I'm not saying Rune Factory is bad, but it's not the right answer in this topic.

>>329789341
Start with the 64/ps1 title, or barring that GBA, SNES, GB in that order. If you must get one more recent to start with, the Story of Seasons.
>>
>Story of Seasons Good Friends of Three Villages

Should i get the jap game?
>>
File: 1451181635547.gif (1 MB, 340x255) Image search: [Google]
1451181635547.gif
1 MB, 340x255
I just got HM: A New Beginning
Can someone tell me when it gets good?

I finally reach the second mouth of the game, and there still no girls to fug, just a bunch of old people.

Am I wasting my time with this game, or doe it get better?
>>
>>329793101
I'm also interested in harvest moon game but i want it on my 3ds but also playing stardew valley, just started though
>>
>>329793026
The beginning was really slow. No Stamina to do anything.
No mine to get ores reliably to upgrade stuff.
Only one trader who's only there 2 out of 5 days.
Most of the time I went to bed before midday.

But it gets better the more you upgrade you stuff, get different fields and unlock more vendors.
Especially ones you hit fall and can reliably mine savescum for ores and upgrade stuff more.
>>
>>329791957
>OP asking for a harvest moon game on the 3ds
>shill a pc game

Are you stupid?

Also, everytime someone asks for a farming game on a console, you shill a PC title like it's the next big thing since sliced bread.

I've had it with you.
>>
>>329793865
>shill
>shill
>shill

muh marketer bogeyman protect me /v/!

>"People have different opinions than me, I'm perfect! I've had it! Suggesting a super easy to run PC game is literally rape, I'm triggered!"
>>
>>329792902
I looked at the images on the eshop and it looked like a straight up JRPG.

Kinda funny how they are making a SECOND fantasy spinoff of "harvest moon" instead of making a new story of seasons or rune factory.

>>329793664
ANB starts really goddamn slow. Pretty much the main complaint of the game. Other than that it's a good HM game. Also, what is that gif from?
>>
Oh wow. I didn't know there was so much support for story of seasons. I've played several harvest moons but just ignored that game. I'll have to check it out.
>>
>>329794384
>second fantasy spinoff of harvest moon
It's not. It's a crossover of an anime and manga series that is quite pulse in Japan.

Also, there's an upcoming SoS title that is supposed to be the 20th anniversary celebration of the franchise.

>>329794036
Here's your (You)
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.