[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://mynintendonews.com/2016/03/0 5/video-aonuma-calls-twi
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
http://mynintendonews.com/2016/03/05/video-aonuma-calls-twilight-princess-the-starting-point-for-zelda-wii-u-in-latest-retrospective/

Good news or bad news for Zelda U?
>>
>>329777440
THEY FUCKED IT UP!!
>>
Twilight Princess, although somewhat uninspired, in many ways a definitive Zelda game. If he can build off the strengths of that game and the strengths of the original Zelda and not fuck it up everything will be alright.
>>
>>329777440
This is great news. Twilight Princess had god-tier dungeons, the biggest overworld, and amazing characters. It's only problem was the pacing at the beginning.
>>
>>329778508
I'll back you up regarding the dungeons.

Hands down, Twilight Princess has the best gamut of dungeons in any of the 3D Zeldas.

I'd like to see an overworld with more towns and villages to explore. Zelda II managed it.

The more recent games tend to just have one or two villages at most (not counting Castletown or Goron/Zora domains.

Nintendo have been batting about this Linkle character lately, which makes me think players will be able to choose the sex of their character from the outset.

I'd rather be looking at Linkle's sweet ass climbing up ladders for 40 hours.
>>
bump for potential discussion
>>
Good
The alternative was Skyward sword you know
>>
File: ondore.png (266 KB, 500x277) Image search: [Google]
ondore.png
266 KB, 500x277
>>329777440
>For the next Zelda, we looked at the first game for inspiration

>j/k I looked at one of MY Zelda games of course, it reminded me of a puzzle!
>>
Aunuma isn't actually saying anything. We know already even from the brief footage we've seen the shot is nothing like TP at all. He just wants to sell copies of TP on Zelda NX hype. The only time it was mentioned previously was when they said "let's try to take the entirety of twilight princess, and try to make it just one area in the game" in regards to creating a vast world.
>>
bumpo
>>
>>329781625
But that had godly dungeons though.
>>
Very good. Maybe we'll get another Zelda that focuses on quality content instead of trying to reinvent the wheel. If Zelda U can take TP as a base, fix the flaws, and make it less linear, then it'll be the best 3D Zelda easily.

It seems like the world itself is the focus this time, they have yet to show any vehicle/transformation gimmicks, the horse has been done three times already so they should have it down. That SHOULD mean they can focus on everything else.
>>
>>329777440
Its good
Its not my favourite zelda but the dungeons were probably the best and items were really good
Only gripes I have with the entire game is how slow it is at the start and the last of use the items have outside of their respective dungeons
>>
>>329784854
It had one good dungeon
>>
>>329777440

>Aonuma actualy using some brain for once
>>
>>329777440
Depends exactly how they go about it. If he means while developing TPHD they had some ideas for improvements etc. and they are implementing them in the new Zelda then that's fine. TP has a lot of good points, and a few offputting things too. Hopefully they take some of the good design aspects; I doubt they'd just do a copy of TPHD however.
>>
>>329777440

That is perfectly normal given that out of all of the 3D Zeldas, Twilight princess would be the closest to having an open huge 3D world non based around islands.

Eitherway from all of the small pieces of footage given you can already tell it's gonna be quite different.
>>
>>329777440
Pretty sure that Bridge of Eldin appears in some second in the Zelda U gameplay from Game Awards
>>
>>329777440
If it didn't have those godawful wolf sections and shitty opening TP would probably be one of my favourite Zelda games.
>>
>>329777440
Actually good news
>>
>>329778869
>he doesn't want to fuck Link
>>
>>329777440
I see nothing wrong here.
It would be disastrous if they started with Skyward.
>>
I want a OoT remastered version for WiiU...
>>
>tfw this might legitimately be an amazing game without handholding and tons of fresh new ideas but since reviewers called SS a literal 10/10 and looked dumb when everyone else got to play it, they'll give this game middling lukewarm reviews just to be safe
>>
>>329786320
You already got one on 3ds don't be spoiled
>>
>>329785723
This. No more unnecessary transformations and a return to a less communicative sidekick would be great. Fuck it, I prefer Navi over the recent ones that drone on and on constantly.

The wolf sections weren't horrible, but they just weren't that great, and left me constantly thinking "I'd rather just do this bit as Link."
>>
File: 1434324727261.jpg (18 KB, 176x255) Image search: [Google]
1434324727261.jpg
18 KB, 176x255
>Finally get the ability to enter the twilight realm
>The twilight realm has fuckall for content
Was it wrong of me to expect something huge out of the twilight realm?
>>
>>329777440
He said the exact same thing when The Wind Waker HD came out regarding the open world. Also said that Majora's Mask 3D helped the team realize that puzzles weren't so obvious sometimes. http://nintendoeverything.com/aonuma-on-learning-from-zelda-wind-waker-hd-for-zelda-wii-u/
>>
>>329785171
The horse combat has the potential to finally be amazing in Zelda U.

The horse has a certain amount of AI outwith the players control, so it won't slam its fucking face straight into a tree or something - it will steer itself around it, freeing up the player to concentrate on combat.
>>
>>329787071
>helped the team realize that puzzles weren't so obvious sometimes
That sounds like they're saying the opposite of what I would want to hear; as in "puzzles aren't obvious so we need to make sure that they are" as opposed to "entering a room and being immediately told what to do is boring as fuck".

I don't have any faith in this crap, and calling out old games that some people liked (even though they were deeply flawed in their own ways), does not inspire confidence.
>>
>>329785391
I liked dungeons in SS the most. Not even the one you're replying to. Ancient cistern is GOAT, timeshift dungeons are GOAT, first dungeon is GOAT. Maybe the fire based ones are the less interesting.
>>
>>329777763
I agree with this. Twilight Princess is flawed but it's more in execution than anything fundamental.
>>
TP is legitimately the best 3D Zelda so I'd say it's good news, honestly.

That is, unless they've bought into some weird meme that TP was open world or something. TP was good because of its dungeons, collectibles, and world, not due to any agency it gave to the player.
>>
I can't imagine taking anything bad away from TP. All its ideas were pretty good, just didn't come out exactly the way they visioned with the hardware at the time. With the WiiU/NX hopefully we can get that rich, lush overworld. Also Masks, give me masks.
>>
He's just talking about how massive Twilight Princess was. They upscaled everything from the dungeons themselves to the bosses to the overworld.
>>
>>329790567
>not due to any agency it gave to the player.
And that's why it's a shit Zelda game.
In all the 2D Zelda games and Majora's Mask and whatever else you're encouraged to explore every corner of the world.
In Twilight Princess, you're not. And the game is probably best enjoyed staying on track blazing through all the paths leading to the dungeons and finishing the dungeons one after another.

But doing so is an entirely different experience from typical Zelda. And not everyone are a fan of it.
>>
>>329782000
>You can't take ideas from multiple games
Fuck off anti-aonuma shill
>>
File: 1409967748062.gif (264 KB, 148x111) Image search: [Google]
1409967748062.gif
264 KB, 148x111
>>329787071
>Also said that Majora's Mask 3D helped the team realize that puzzles weren't so obvious sometimes.

Considering Skyward Sword's third-biggest issue was how almost every single puzzle was spelled out for you, this doesn't inspire hope at all.
>>
>>329792153
Or that he thought the bosses in Majora's Mask 3D didn't "make sense" so he added giant eyeball balloons to them.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.