[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you answer the "What are you're hobbies?"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 9
File: 1423600426523s.jpg (2 KB, 125x70) Image search: [Google]
1423600426523s.jpg
2 KB, 125x70
How do you answer the "What are you're hobbies?" question at job interviews /v/? All I do is play video games and binge watch netflix. Are there any normie hobbies that are easy to pretend I'm into so that I don't sound like I have autism?
>>
>>329760841
>binge watch netflix
say you're a cinema / television enthusiast
>vidya
don't mention it
>>
>>329760841

Answer that you like kayaking when the weather is warm and you're learning to play the bass.
>>
File: employers.jpg (538 KB, 2246x1498) Image search: [Google]
employers.jpg
538 KB, 2246x1498
>>329761640
>I happen to have a bass under my desk. Can you play us a quick song, anon?
>>
>>329761845

>play Blink-182's Dammit
>say that's about as far as you've gotten
>literally the easiest song on this rock to play that would resonate with someone older
>>
>In regards of hobbies I'm kind of a free-lancer and tend to explore my options rather than settling on one thing. I get bored of things pretty quickly
>>
>>329760841
My hobbies are video games, books and bicycle. When I'm asked I just forget to mention one of them.
>>
>hiking/biking
>board games with friends
>recently picked up running
Easy
>>
File: 3652202946_958c83e0a7.jpg (69 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
3652202946_958c83e0a7.jpg
69 KB, 500x375
>>329760841
>1423600426523s
>>
I say i like reading, history, music, films and hanging out with friends
Only 3 of those things are true
>>
>>329760841
who fucking cares
like your potential employers going to research and investigate as to whether or not you DO the hobbies you say you do

Let's say you say you like Tennis? Ok?
If they ask, just play it off, you just play with your dad to help him stay limber or some shit

When I lived in Missouri I get a job as a Shift leader at Subway and said I was an avid Surfer lol
>>
these answers that try to hide the "autism" seem more autistic than just saying it. maybe i just have enough charisma, but own what you like. there are 18+ video games. acting like a child about your hobby is probably the reason why you and the people around you think it's a childish thing

there are people who are way too into pretty much every possible thing. guys who spend too much time fishing. weird horse girls. these are all autistic ways to enjoy things that are perfectly acceptable hobbies/interests. don't gush about your favourite games and shit, just say "i like TV shows, movies and video games." maybe say you like pop culture things. i don't know. just don't be an autist like you evidently are
>>
File: Call the cops.png (101 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Call the cops.png
101 KB, 500x500
>>329760841
>Apply for job at software company
>Most of the employees are relatively young
>They have a games room with a wall of classic video games
>Tell them I play games in my free time
>Talk shit about DaS2 with one of the guys interviewing me
>Get hired

ez
>>
>Photography

Easily relatable for everyone who thinks their smartphone is a god damned DSLR.

... also it gets me out of the house...
>>
>>329762773
>things that never happened
>>
>>329760841
>what are your hobbies
None of your business, sir. I'm here to work. Now are we gonna get started?
>>
Hobbies? Well I like suckin dick under desk. But I've had to stop doing what I love to get a job, which is why I'm here. ;_;
>>
>>329763526

Great way to end the interview early and never hear from them again.
>>
>>329760841
Tell them you play chess. Everyone knows how to play chess.
>>
>>329764201
Oh well, I don't want to work with a hobby fag anyways. I'll go get a job with some old man who actually cares about getting the job done. Shit boss can go hiking right the fuck out of my way with the rest of you suck up fags.
>>
Jogging/running, anything physically active. Say you coached a little league team or something, or played any kind of team sport really. If you have the credentials stuff like that is helpful sometimes. Not in the mindless jock sense, but it's relateable and common enough that some people will find comforting and familiar. Just show you aren't a total fatbody and people generally give you the nod.
>>
>>329760841
Film and book enthusiasts. Lie you fucker. Dont even mention vidya.
>>
File: 128771444560.png (58 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
128771444560.png
58 KB, 250x250
>>329765023
>Say you coached little league.
>Don't know anything about sports
>"oh you coached little league? What team? What was your favorite part about it?
>B-balls and.... and umm... the boys and um... balls?
>>
>>329765428
You need help friend!
>>
>>329765721
Sorry, I don't know anything about sports. I guess I could be like "Yeah, we won sometimes" or something like that?

Can you teach me? What should I say if someone ask me about little league?
>>
My hobby is patting girls head.
>>
>>329765863
Are you really this autistic? If the answer is yes, give up on a job kid. You're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>329766202
Okay, so what would you say in that situation?
>>
>>329762171
>biking fags
>>
>>329760841
If you built a PC ever, say you like tinkering with electronics. Maybe learn some basic circuitry in case they probe further.
>>
>>329764406
This,chess is easy as fuck to learn (but hard to master).
>>
>>329766293
What the fuck do you mean? Just answer the damn question. Like a normal human being.

>What's your favorite part about little league

My favorite part was being able to help these kids learn the game, and to teach them that being a part of a team is bigger than just yourself.

Holy shit dude, how high was the window that your mom tossed you out of? Just bullshit an answer that makes it seem like you're a good addition to whatever job you're applying for.
>>
>>329760841
I love games. All kinds of games: cards, board, video, sports you name it.
>>
>>329762165
I don't know about this one. It might give them reason to believe that you'd soon become bored and disinterested in your job, reducing productivity.
>>
File: 747.jpg (17 KB, 241x340) Image search: [Google]
747.jpg
17 KB, 241x340
>>329766315
>>
File: 1453320633904.png (97 KB, 531x256) Image search: [Google]
1453320633904.png
97 KB, 531x256
>2016
>still not knowing how to play at least one instrument
>>
>>329760841
I always say music, and a sport, normie hobbies
>>
>>329760841
Never say films or games.

Say something like reading, languages, understanding other cultures, travelling or graphic design. All are easy to say you do.
>>
>>329760841
Jogging
>>
File: computer yaranaika.jpg (13 KB, 432x288) Image search: [Google]
computer yaranaika.jpg
13 KB, 432x288
>>329760841
HR here.

If you're a consistent sports varsity or a musician or anything similar, it IMPLIES that you're just as good in field work as well as studies

If you're part of the student council, you have a good edge on getting a managing position.

If it took you eight years to finish study, it more likely means you don't enough financial support to finish your course normally

On the topic of video games:
The real question with video games isn't about WHAT games you play but HOW MUCH IN ONE PERIOD are you playing. I can just as much deny a person playing CoC of Clans as much as a person aiming for 100% collection on Recettear for two days straight.
>>
In my spare time I enjoying hiking, fishing, hunting, taking my jeep out to the desert and doing a little 4 wheeling, working out, and playing the piano.
>>
>>329771462
>The real question with video games isn't about WHAT games you play but HOW MUCH IN ONE PERIOD are you playing. I can just as much deny a person playing CoC of Clans as much as a person aiming for 100% collection on Recettear for two days straight.

Elaborate on this.
Also who in their right mind puts vidya as a hobby in an application? It pretty much screams "I have lots of free time but I choose to squander it"
>>
Listening to music
>>
>>329760841
>mention 40k
>spend the next 10 minutes discussing it
Worked every time.
>>
>>329760841
>"What are you're hobbies?"
"No, I am not"
>>
>>329760841
I have interviewed a grand total of two guys so far, but asking that never occured to me.
Why should I care anyway, we're not hiring people for their hobbies.
>>
>>329771726
>fishing

This is the best answer. It's not like you need to know how to fish. And yes, I know something like fly-fishing takes time to learn but when talking about fishing, you could just say that you fish with pic related.
>>
>>329764407
Literally a cuck
>>
>>329772293
I always carry a shitty pole on me when I take the jeep out to places. There is nothing more relaxing than sitting by the water, casting out, and drinking a beer all while taking in the scenery.
>>
"So tell me about yourself."
"Not much to say, really. I'm usually doing nerdy stuff on the computer. Not much of a partier."

And I still get hired. Just answer truthfully and don't make shit up. They might be an enthusiast of what you lie about, making you look like an asshole.
>>
>>329771789
>puts vidya as a hobby in an application
>hobby
>application
I assume you mean CV, and nobody puts their hobbies and interests in an application in the first place; rather, these topic come out because either the employer asks or the client mentions video games.

>Elaborate on this.
What I mean is how much they spend their free time on their hobbies and if they are being productive on this. Hobbies like reading, health and physical fitness, learning a language, research or anything similar SOUNDS more productive than, say: video games, comic books, anime and manga, social media and movies.
>>
>>329772829
Do interviewers from upon walking as a hobby?
>>
>>329773075
I assume you meant
>frown upon walking as a hobby
and, from experience, there's a guy who actually made walking in the city just as impressive as hiking.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.