[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just got this game. Which character is the most fun?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4
File: file.png (4 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
file.png
4 MB, 1920x1080
Just got this game. Which character is the most fun?
>>
>>329757756
I always play as Axton. He's my homeboy.

Depends on what you like. Zero is your stealth/sniper. Maya plays well with elements. Salvo has dual wielding. Gauge is sort of controlled chaos. And Kraig is.. Kraig.

And my Axton is mostly focused on survivability.
>>
>>329757756
>current year
>purchasing cuckmemelands
>>
>>329758452
It was free
>>
>>329757756
Best borderlands by far.

My favourite character is Zer0, but thats because im a sucker for a sword and he was the first character I maxed out

Axton is probably the most OP though. His turrets become deadly really quick
>>
>>329757756
The characters not pictured are the most fun
>>
>>329758483
no excuse, by playing this you're validating Burch.

Besides, it's not a very good game anyway.
>>
>>329758661
I don't care about random people, I care about playing video games
>>
>>329758687
b-but muh sjw boogeyman!
>>
>>329758656
Yeah, the DLC characters are far and away more fun to play with the main cast. And their talent trees are so much better it's like they're from a different game.
>>
Krieg 4 lyfe
>>
>>329758483

Did you get the one with the DLC included? Any of the extra characters?

If you did, play as Kreig, he is great.

Dont bother with NG+, damage scaling is shit.
>>
>play Gaige
>find a legendary assault rifle that's gimmick is just being stupidly strong for its level
>get 8k damage crits at level 25 with enough anarchy
fun/10
>>
>>329758891

It's a shame TPS went full retard with resource stacks up the ass for every character. Krieg and Gaige had just about the right balance of it.

2k Australia really were just a bunch of outback shitters.
>>
Maya was the most fun in my opinion. I tried Zero, Maya, and the midget and got to level 50 on all 3 of them and got to around level 25 on Axton. I loved how Maya's special temporarily suspended enemies in the air and eventually gave all sorts of negative debuffs to enemies around them
>>
Fuck the haters borderlands is fun as hell

Gunzerker is a best
>stupid damage
>never die
>>
>>329759163
Don't talk shit about Lazer Willy, though. That man is a champion.
>>
File: 1456956790866.jpg (27 KB, 636x636) Image search: [Google]
1456956790866.jpg
27 KB, 636x636
>>329757756
>only play on other peoples games
>Axton
>blue colours and mohawk haircut named Sanic
>weapon swap glitch for about 5 minutes before meeting up with the other players
>>
File: 1444824763984.jpg (10 KB, 285x287) Image search: [Google]
1444824763984.jpg
10 KB, 285x287
>>329759334
>basically infinite ammo, never even have to think about ammo consumption
>literally all planning or strategy can be thrown out the window in favor of charging into danger no fucks given
>manage to hit no health? who gives a fuck, you're up again before it even registers that you're down
>never have to stop firing for any reason

Gunzerker absolutely a best
>>
>>329759894
>other players get in the cars to go to another mission
>running beside them
>outrunning them
>they dont know what the fuck is going on
>>
>>329759334
>>329760018
These guys know.
>>
>>329757756
Mechromancer is objectively the most fun class and best character.
>>
Here's some advice:

Skip the sidequests.

It's way too easy to get ahead of the leveling curve in this game and have the game be a bore. Skipping the side quests ensures you unlock new enemies and environments sooner and that the challenge stays more even.

Only go to ones that bring you to actual new zones, as the sidequest dungeons are really well designed, especially the toxic caverns, the steamworks, and the friendship gulag.
>>
>>329757756
>Try to play as Krieg
>Get the shit kicked out of me for like 30 levels

Does it get better?
>>
The only two things I'd like to see in the sequel would be a workbench mechanic, so you could swap accessories, add/remove/change elements, maybe pay a nominal fee to upgrade you you weapons level so if you find a gun you like you could hang on to it as long as you'd like. That and pets. Like maybe you could find or buy the smallest type of any given enemy, a bullymong, spiderant, even your own personal midget, and raise them to be an utter badass little minion.

I like to imagine my character storming in to battle guns ablaze on the back of a raging spiderant Queen. Yes.
>>
>>329757756
Playing solo? Gaige or Krieg.

Honestly the most fun party in the game is Gaige, Krieg, Salv, Axton

>TPS, in case you got the Handsome collection

Athena is great for soloing, Aurelia too.

Aurelia + Claptrap is the most broken duo in the game.
>>
>>329761123
Honestly, yes, Krieg gets really good arounf level 30.

You're also likely playing him wrong; you really need to give zero fucks and go all in, all the time.
>>
>>329757756

If you want to ruin your game, take the gunzerker and go through the crater of carnage DLC. There you can grind out a pair of 2x splitting explosive shot torque pistols.

With the money shot and other skills, most bosses will melt.

except, those which reflect bullets
>>
>>329759334

My problem with Sal is that he gets OP to the point where it's not even remotely challenging.
>>
Siren is best class tbqh
using axton speed glitch is best fun
using axton with noobtubes and sham shield is fun
zero is fun for sneaky shenanigans
gunzerker is boring point and shoot
mechromancer is a chore to play
krieg is roll to die or win
>>
>>329761123

Once you get Release the Beast your ability becomes incredibly powerful and it only continues to get more powerful.
>>
>>329761123
go middle tree get the capstone at the end and you win
>>
>>329761526

Best Sal combos are either Double Penetrating Unkempt Harold + Grog Nozzle or Two shot shotgun + grog nozzle.
>>
>>329760465
this holy shit
>>
Gaige was the most fun for me, trading accuracy for damage to the point where you are better off shooting the floor than trying to hit an enemy further than 5 feet away was pretty unique. Its a shame her actual special ability kind of sucks but I guess that's a problem with half the cast.
>>
>>329761809
use a glass cannon build
bee shield or some shit + full damage skill tree

Boom fun restored
>>
>>329762225

I'd just much rather play krieg honestly, krieg was powerful, but there was a lot of risk vs. reward playing him. I had fun with Sal as Deputy build, DPUH/Grog was kind of boring. There was also the pimpernel glitch that was kind of entertaining.
>>
>>329761924
>>329761993
>>329761429
Actually, I'm level 22, I haven't played in a very long time. It just doesn't seems like I have a lot in the way of solo survability.
>>
>>329762671
you don't till that capstone, but once you get it you got tons dog
>>
>>329762717
Alright, it just seems tedious to play at this point, though. Like I haven't actually been in game for 5 months or so.
>>
>>329762671

Krieg is pretty gimped early on, his ability at base is useful for the first 5-10 levels, then it starts to be shitty and not worth using, then you get RELEASE THE BEAST and you become a murder machine.

All of Krieg's health is instantly refilled upon activation of Release the Beast.
+100% melee damage, +50% damage reduction.
Krieg is invulnerable to damage while transforming into the Badass Psycho Mutant.
At the end of Release the Beast, the action skill will be fully cooled down, and be ready to use again.

You have to time it and use it when you're 33% hp or below, but you can just chain that shit.
>>
>>329762807

Just try to stick with it, trust me it gets a lot better, when I got RTB krieg got 1000 times more fun.
>>
>>329759334
Don't listen to this guy, Salvador is easily the worst to play the game as.

With endgame gear and skills he's brokenly over powered, but up until that point he is the worst and you'll probably die more than any other class.
>>
>>329763013

I hardly had any issue levelling Sal up to endgame, he was pretty easy almost all the time.
>>
>>329761123
Once you get to 31 on a melee build you have no excuse for dying ever again.

Early game Melee and Flame builds are a bit gimped because the downsides outweighs the benifits, so it's best to use the Left tree which is good all round then switch to Melee or Fire once you have enough points and or gear to do it properly.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.