[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In 2011 you said Nintendo was done
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 7
File: satoru-iwata-fun-for-everyone.jpg (106 KB, 683x594) Image search: [Google]
satoru-iwata-fun-for-everyone.jpg
106 KB, 683x594
Satoru Iwata proved you wrong

Now who will save Nintendo?
>>
It's not who will save them, but who will retire and quit fucking it up.
>>
>>329757739
So the point is that all systems are dying a slow death?
>>
File: 6s1fx.jpg (13 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
6s1fx.jpg
13 KB, 300x168
fueled (keept alive) by autists that buy shitty nintendo games and amiibos is not truly alive
>>
Completely unrelated (to this admittedly shit thread), has anyone seen barneyfag lately? It's been a while, and I'm wondering if he's dead or something
>>
>>329757895

What you mean?

100+million Wii units sold
150+million DS

It took 4-5 years ...

PS4 will hit 100 million easily

3DS will reach about 70-80 million.

Wii U may even get 30+ million if Zelda and Star Fox succeed
>>
>>329757739
The PS2 outsold the Wii. Clearly Sony know better how to be more inclusive.
>>
>>329758131

My point is that every 2-3 years you guy say that nintendo is done

I remember 2011 people saying that the next Playstation Portable console would sell more than PS2 and Nintendo was going to be making games for Xbox and Sony.

And now the big question is: Who will save nintendo?

Perhaps if the big negro step out of NoA?
>>
>>329758503
I don't give a fuck about your point assfuck.

HAS ANYONE SEEN BARNEYFAG LATELY

I want to know if he is dead

Fuck your point nigger
>>
>>329758564
>Fuck your point nigger

We have a millennial trying to show he is a real man here.

First, get yourself a decent haircut and then come back to this thread.

Also don't forget to delete your indie mp3s
It's making you faggot.
>>
>>329758349
Sony knew how to milk their systems better, the PS2 kept getting games up until 2012, it might have sold more, but compared to the Wii damn near reaching it in 5-6 years there's a larger acceleration

>>329758281
This gen to me seems like the weakest in 20 years, not just games-wise but sales wise too. Even the leading machine like the PS4 is just lol just over 30 milion units sold, how to they expect to sell 70 million more in 2 years? The Wii U is 4 years old and it still only sold close to 15 million, what the hell is happening? Did phones really did kill gaming that bad?
>>
File: homerwhackingstick.jpg (30 KB, 659x498) Image search: [Google]
homerwhackingstick.jpg
30 KB, 659x498
>>329757739

>1992
>"Nintendo is doomed. Sega has won

>1996
>"Nintendo is doomed. Sony has won."

>2001
>"Nintendo is doomed Microsoft has won."

>2006
>"Nintendo is doomed. The Wii is the blunder of the century."

>2012
>"Nintendo is doomed. Surely I'm right this time!"

>2016
>Nintendo is still around

Don't you ever get tired of being wrong Marge?
>>
>>329758760
>the PS2 kept getting games up until 2012

Tell me a single PS2 game that sold more than 8,00 copies after 2008.

You can't.
>>
>>329758760
>how to they expect to sell 70 million more in 2 years?

Millennials will buy PS4 because of FFXII

Believe me, it may sell 70 million before the end of 2018.
>>
>>329758774
No, don't you get it? The Wii was a gigantic failure! It alienated their core fanbase and tainted gaming forever! Never mind that every core Nintendo fan I know bought a Wii and a DS and a 3DS, that's not important!

The Wii U's doing badly because gaming in general is doing badly. Nothing exciting is coming out. All the good games my Nintendo friends like are on the 3DS, not the Wii U.
>>
>>329758958
kinda redundant to talk about which games sold more on PS2 since everyone pirated their games for it
>>
>>329759063
*FF XVII
>>
>>329758774
I WONDER WHY THEY TAKE ALL THE MONEY FROM YOUTUBE VIDEOS THAT FEATURE NINTENDO STUFF THEN IF THEY HAVE NO PROBLEM BEING AROUND, MH?
>>
I'm going to be 100% honest

IGN, destructoid, gamespot, etc are destroying the game industry

If a game scores 7.5, millennials already say that the game is bad, unplayable and they spent weeks talking about how bad the game is.

And interestingly, CoD never scores lower than 8.5

Our stupid generation buys based on ign, gamespot, etc.
>>
>>329759179
I don't understand their thought behind that either. It's basically free marketing to have people play your games and expose others to them.

However, it seems that those who comply with their rules and such get some pretty sick perks, such as paid trips to meet developers, early copies/demos of upcoming games, sneak peaks at shit. If I were a successful youtuber, I'd gladly hand over some of of the measly money made in video revenue for those perks.
>>
>>329759063
>>329759129
anon...
>>
>>329759231
Our stupid generation buys based on the same safe, repetitive and predictable way people watch movies nowadays, even though gaming is not even close to being as global and widespread as movies, it's literally aping something that had to become bland instead of being its own thing while it could.
>>
A jew bought IGN

Gamespot only talks about shooters

A pedophile activist is working @ Nintendo of America

Sony spend almost half billion dollars making game-movies

Microsoft is worried about profiting from their shitty operation system.
>>
>>329759231
The current generation also ignores the fact that some of those companies pay out millions in advertising which also goes into paid reviews, companies and those gaming news sites have a pretty nice business together.
>>
>>329758281
That's a really roundabout way of saying he's right.
Could've just said that.
>>
File: this is your path.jpg (142 KB, 538x769) Image search: [Google]
this is your path.jpg
142 KB, 538x769
Tell me one thing honestly

This person in the picture cares about games or nintendo?

Her tweet is the most precious thing and posting about how cute she is is more important than making Nintendo a better company

This mentality is everywhere.
>>
>>329758730
You know what's making you a faggot?

Taking huge cock up your ass on a nightly basis you uppity nigger
>>
>>329759619
These people all have a mutual enjoyment out of Nintendo games but feel like their political agendas are more important, which is why we have people complaining about anime tiddies in an action game
>>
I met fucking hipsters from IGN the only thing they care about is eating pizza with beer and posting pictures of pizza n' beer on facebook

In the end they get 10 grand if they give CoD 8.5+
>>
>>329758503
/v/ says the same thing about Sony. What else is new?
>>
>>329759074

As someone who didn't like the Wii U at launch, it actually has gotten some good games in the last two years. Mario Kart 8 is the best MK yet. Captain Toad is a great comfy game to play when you just want a break from tons of fighting and combat. Rainbow Curse is a worthwhile sequel to the best Kirby game. Splatoon is surprisingly good and very unlike Nintendo in design. And there's stuff like Xenoblade/Bayonetta.

Of course, the Wii U suffers from not having third party support. So it can't be considered a successful system outside of Nintendo games. But I've had more fun with third party games on the 3DS than Nintendo internal games. While its the reverse on the Wii U.

All that said however, Nintendo needs to retire the Wii U and release the NX. The horrible Wii U name, lack of marketing and zero third party support means the Wii U never had a chance.
>>
>>329759619
This is actually real? Can;t wait for the girl to get turfed.
>>
>>329759858

Sony is on death wish because making a console of remasters and cinematic movies

We all know how cool graphics can look on PS4, now give us games.

But Sony will put more cinematic shit in 2017. Wait and see.
>>
>>329759231

Game review sites were bad 15-20 years ago. It didn't just start this gen. So they aren't really killing the industry.

They are a huge negative influence on gamers and they should be purged from the earth. But stuff like forcing multiplayer into every single player focused game, ridiculously huge development budgets and the smartphone fad are much bigger problems. All caused by the game developers themselves.
>>
>>329757739
Well, the first step was accomplished since he is dead.
>>
>>329758281
>Wii U may even get 30+ million
It won't even reach 20 million.
>>
>>329758349
That's because the PS2 was built so poorly that people had to buy replacements. Everyone I know who had a PS2 bought at least two because their old one broke (including me).
>>
>Satoru Iwata proved you wrong

Uh...when? DS and Wii were before 2011 and Wii U failed.
>>
>>329759956

You have a big game coming up

You put a hipster pro-pedo to comment this great game

And while the demo is playing she is making sex jokes and laughing every 10 seconds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWPd2-_gSJA
THIS IS WHAT KILL GAME COMPANIES
>>
>>329759893
I can't believe they didn't change the name of the Wii U back when they first announced it, console had so much fucking potential yet the name pretty much sealed the deal, third parties deliberately dropping out, low sales, low popularity and lack of fan support, all came from the fact that they didn't do like they said they would when they thought about changing the name of the console.

You take one look at that 2012 presentation with the guy playing Zombi U and you couldn't tell that the future would be fucking horrible for the console, such a good presentation.
>>
Probably Miyaisdfjkasjdkhcaogcvioxzuvyzad,
>>
>>329760230

I'd rather be playing MK8 or Hyrule Warriors and virtual console than Call of Duty or PS2 classics for 15 bucks
>>
>>329760434

>cherrypicking
>>
>>329760070
>But stuff like forcing multiplayer into every single player focused game

NO
it's the reviewers

You have a 10/10 game and it doesn't have multiplayer (even if the reviewer doesn't have any friend) he (the cuck at ign or destructoid) will give this game 7/10 and say "The lack of multiplayer is absurd"

they are tricking people with this old tactic for years
>>
>>329760583

And the game will sell bad because of the review and it fucks up the developers.
>>
"The naked eye can not perceive a difference between 1080 and 720 before 50 inches." - Mitch Dyer, IGN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WVDgPN_Gkk

That is the people who unfortunately brainwash young people and convince them to buy CoD and The Last of Us
>>
File: 1454886865665.png (858 KB, 889x717) Image search: [Google]
1454886865665.png
858 KB, 889x717
>>329760375
Are you ok anon?
>>
>>329760583
>>329760831

These are only really a problem for games who are specifically trying to go for reviews. Plenty of game developers get scores like 8.5 and their games still sell well. From high profile Nintendo games to indie games.

The games that are affected by reviews are games that are putting more money into marketing and hype than game development. Such as Assassins Creed or Fallout. And if a review points out that the quality of the game doesn't match the hype, then the developer deserves it. Like with Final Fantasy XIII or Zelda Twilight Princess. Its pretty much the only time a review is ever a good thing.

Besides. Anyone with half a brain doesn't listen to reviews anyway.
>>
File: ZDp05VL.jpg (137 KB, 1007x891) Image search: [Google]
ZDp05VL.jpg
137 KB, 1007x891
Have you guys seen this?

This is

P R I C E L E S S
>>
>>329761315
>Besides. Anyone with half a brain doesn't listen to reviews anyway.

You have no idea how many millions of gamers buy games based on reviews.

Everyone in their 12-15 are like obsessed with ign, destructoid and gamespot
>>
>>329761740
>Everyone in their 12-15 are like obsessed with ign, destructoid and gamespot

This generation disgusts me.
>>
>>329761861

>this generation
Its been that way since gaming was created. People were buying Atari and Nintendo magazines to read the scores.

I actually see less kids interested in reviews than previous generations. My cousin is obsessed with every hyped game that ever comes out, but even he stopped going to gamespot and IGN because they insulted his favorite past games.
>>
>>329761861

What is worse is that people in their 20s and early 30s are saying things like :
"The naked eye can not perceive a difference between 1080 and 720 before 50 inches." - Mitch Dyer, IGN

These people don't deserve our respect and there is no reason for young people to browser on these autistic websites
>>
IGN is so retarded that makes Undertow (CGR) looks like the most brilliant person on earth

and Undertow IS VERY VERY BAD in every level.
>>
>>329758281
>PS4 will hit 100 million easily
it's been out for 2.5 years with the average console generational lifespan being ~5 years. I enjoy the PS4, but 100 million is a pipe dream, my friend.
>>
>>329762364

Last gen was 7 years
>>
>>329762329

It has better taste in games than every ign reviewer though
>>
>>329757739
People have been saying that Nintendo was done since the fucking 80's
>>
>>329759619
I want to sex her :3
>>
>>329762364

I think PS4 can handle until 2020

The problem is... only cinematic for this year and 2017. Then it's going to get better
>>
so basically the wiiu isn't fun

how do we fix this?
>>
File: artce.jpg (143 KB, 634x827) Image search: [Google]
artce.jpg
143 KB, 634x827
>>329762809

Don't forget she is in a open marriage and claim she has 4 boyfriends (this is not a joke, check her tweeter)
>>
>>329762364
Ps4 has sold 35 million with literally no games.
Is just matter of time when sony finally pulls the trigger
>>
>>329762873

In the end of this year Wii U had a decent library.

Totally worth $259 USD. And I got a copy of Super Mario 3D World free.
>>
>>329762946
God lord, I need to know where she hangs out. I'm totally hitting that.
>>
>>329762518
Last generation was at the upper end of the average, yes. That's how averages work. They're about accuracy, not precision, anon.

This generation is expected by most to be on the shorter end of the average.
>>
>>329763076
I recommend you pull out a Che Guevara t-shirt.
She is going to give you some DST, but you will have a nice fuck.
>>
>>329762873

Get Harvest Moon 64, Mischief Makers and Xenoblade released on Virtual Console.
>>
>>329763162
There's a thing called condom anon. I'm not putting my seed inside crazy.
>>
maybe Nintendo/Retro is producing a Metroid for Wii U/NX?
>>
>>329763056
I honestly think the Wii U's biggest problem is that its price is just outrageous even now.

I know that it's Nintendo's strategy, and honestly it's probably made them more money, but the Wii was so appealing because it was cheap. So was the DS. Same for the 3DS after the price drop. I don't think you can justify an expensive Nintendo console these days - all the people with more money than brains buy Sony or MS.

It's all the tablet's fault for jacking up the price.
>>
>>329763362
She doesn't fuck condom faggots.

But she smokes a lot of pot, perhaps if she is high she won't bother.
>>
>>329763381
259 with a game included? Not a bad deal

199 you will find on holydays and sales.
>>
>>329763381

>It's all the tablet's fault for jacking up the price.
Pretty much. Its also why will never buy a second controller for the Wii U, despite wanting to play Smash and Mario Kart 8 with others.

I really hope the recent leaked patent for NX isn't a touch screen. It may repeat the same problem as the $80 Wii U controller.
>>
>>329763471
Do you know her?

Prove it.
>>
>>329763906

I've fucking exposing this pedophile fucker and the mods keep deleting my threads and posts with naked pictures of her. I must say a lot of cucksuckers people are reporting as soon as I post.

fuck all of you, have a nice slow death with people like Alison Rapp speaking for Nintendo.
>>
I AM NOT GOING TO BE SURPRISED IF THE ONES DELETING ALISON RAPP EXPOSE ARE THE SAME FUCKERS BEHIND KOTAKU AND THE JEWISH MEDIA
>>
>>329764058
Post on the other chan anon.
>>
>>329764227
It was for a few minutes on /pol

DELETED AND I WAS BANNED FOR 30 DAYS

now I have to use shit proxy
If the mods apologize in public I will repost.
>>
>>329763558
No, but at this point in the Wii's lifespan I'm pretty sure it was sub-150 dollars.
>>
>>329764354
If you count the Wii mini or whatever it was called, I think it was like 100 bucks. Couldn't gamecube though, but still.
>>
>>329764354
I see
The lowest you will get on ebay or amazon is 219-222

Unfortunately the controller is a bit pricey (wii u pro)
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.