[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: Far_Cry_Primal_cover_art.jpg (28 KB, 283x353) Image search: [Google]
Far_Cry_Primal_cover_art.jpg
28 KB, 283x353
Is it good?
>>
No. Its literally just far cry but without guns, and without any thought or depth added to any of the combat or anything else really.

Dont make the same mistake I did.
>>
>>329754345
It's the same game as the last 3. If you can't figure it out for yourself, please don't reproduce.
>>
Yes, it also has very addicting loops
>>
If you like Ubisoft's formula they seem to have established since AC, yeah go for it. That style of game is too much padding for me, but if you like it go ahead.
>>
>>329754345
>same map as Farcry 4
>limited weapons
>no Dinosaurs

no
>>
>>329754345
it's shit
>>
Such a cool idea wasted by such a banal, tepid, and shallow dev team. I don:'t know how much of it is shitty Debs and how much is garbage publishers forcing fast releases of the status quo, but Ubi is so far behind the game at this point I'm not sure it's possible for them to recover. They are making the same mistakes EA was making around 2011-12, and seem completely oblivious to it. Unfortunately for Ubi, normies are wiser to that shit now, and that's why The Division and Primal are getting shat on.
>>
>>329754345

These games are good. But honestly WTF why can't Ubi make it so that skinned animals actually no longer have their skin when you see them laying on the ground? Why is that so difficult?
>>
>>329754345
No, Ubisoft just wanted anything with the name Farcry on the front to come out this year and they chose the one setting that straight up removes guns from a AAA FPS.
>>
So the main thing I'm hearing is that this game isn't "good" because it is just the previous games without guns. So does that mean it might be decent for someone who hasn't tried a Farcry yet and would actually prefer a game without guns?
>>
>>329754345

is it out
>>
its alright. If it was priced lower it would be pretty good.
>>329755634
i imagine so, yes. It has most of the mechanics from FC3 & 4 so if you havent played them yet you might find it good. FC3 was really fun at the time.
>>
>>329754345

It's Skyrim with guns without guns.
>>
Far Cry hasn't been good since Instincts.
>>
Can ubisoft just hurry up and make a Fallout ripoff with this engine?

And make it so it uses more than one cpu, holy shit
>>
File: antimony.png (134 KB, 214x336) Image search: [Google]
antimony.png
134 KB, 214x336
Post yfw you realize Far Cry Primal is literally Skyrim with guns without guns
>>
File: rayquazafug.png (16 KB, 174x231) Image search: [Google]
rayquazafug.png
16 KB, 174x231
>>329756841
>>329756105
>>
>>329755634
I came in with FC3 and even that started overstaying its welcome my first time through. They're very shallow games.
>>
I enjoy it, but I have also never played a far cry game so I don't have much to compare it to. I just enjoy the setting honestly. Throwing javelins is very satisfying.
>>
Its far cry 4 without guns with way more crafting
>>
>is it good
>ubisoft

Of course not.
>>
>>329756105
So glad my meme caught on
>>
File: 1456623873079.png (667 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1456623873079.png
667 KB, 1280x720
>>329754345

>"AAA" Ubisoft game
>good

pick one
>>
>>329754345
No it's shit

It's just Skyrim with spears

It's the same as any other Far Cry game, only with less content because of how little technology existed at the time and a much larger emphasis on grinding for materials and tedious busy work

They could've improved melee combat or have a better upgrade system, but nope just poke someone with a spear with the same shitty animation or use a bow

The only redeeming factor is that they made a fictional language
>>
Don't have primal, but a friend of mine keeps pestering me to get it.

3 was fun when it came out, actually a swell time.
I bought 4 maybe five months ago and I can't make it past the first few hours; it's the same thing (but arguably better?) however, it just doesn't have sense of fun 3 did for whatever reason. That's why I'm also not to sure about primal.
>>
>>329754345
No, it's Far Cry without guns. And it doesn't work. A game relying on melee and bows when melee is fucking barebones as the leftover bones from christmas dinner you gave to your dog. Bows are retardedly overpowered as fucking usual and it barely has any sort of variety in weapons at all.

The series regressed, I mean fuck it's a stone age game so of course shit'll be stripped, but it doesn't work when nothing replaces it, and the setting is no excuse for lacking actual content.
>>
>>329757380
Who is this cock connoisseur
>>
>>329754345
It's meh. The beast taming was cool, as were a few other mechanics, but the game overall feels like a beta or a demo version rather than the full thing.

Story was pretty lacking overall.
>>
>>329757530
It's amazing how vapid and unimaginative an open world game set in PREHISTORIC TIMES is

It's like Far Cry is a formula that just kills fun settings and ideas
>>
>>329757384
>It's just Skyrim with spears

It's great then, since Skyrim didn't have spears.
>>
>>329757468
I feel the exact same. I really enjoyed 3, and just picked up 4 last week and I find it so dull, even thought its the same thing? I can't explain it. Was actually looking forward to Primal when I first heard about it cause it sounded like something original, but now I'm going to pass. I image it's just like the Shangri-La parts of Far Cry 4, which I don't enjoy. Maybe I'll pick it up for $5 some day.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.