[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>97% of "new players" are just highly experienced
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 8
File: 2016-03-05_00001.jpg (450 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-05_00001.jpg
450 KB, 1920x1080
>97% of "new players" are just highly experienced players on a new account
>At least 2 or 3 spanish speakers in EVERY game
>Can't solo que like other MOBAS, often paired up against a coordinated 3 man party vs your rag tag team of randomly picked players
>jajajaja
>tmr
>ptmr
>reportan esa mierda
>jajajajajajaja
>Foreigners (Really just spanish players) exclusivity play on American servers instead of the ones made for them

Some guy at my job started to play dota last week, he was shocked when the game alerted him that he was in low priority and muted for 48 hours because his 4 man party team reported him for com abuse, but really it was because he was still learning the game and went 2-7. I decided to watch his game and see if I can give him some pointers... Nigga was muted for com abuse and the only word he said in the entire game was "lol". The fuck happened to this game?
>>
>>329753457
what game?
>>
>>329753727
Aarklash: legacy.
>>
that's why I play HotS desu senpai
no third worlders unless you live in Europe
>>
I thought Russians were the issue? Any way. The main problem with mobas is your team is built on all 5 of you. If any of you fuck up then you lose. This causes people to become extremely salty. If they gave all champs fun abilities that can kill while giving them small secondary traits while making it easier to hold your own while also keeping the same strategy. Or they could just limit the map to 3 people which would extremely simplify the game.
Thats Dota anon 2 to be exact.
>>
Mobas are the absolute worst genre of videogames to play solo.

If you don't have 3-5 friends to play with consistently, youre going to be in for a bad time.

The sad thing is, they actually seem like they could be fun games in that scenario, but I dont have any friends to play with.
>>
I don't have any Russians or Hispanics in my games anymore, maybe you're in the low skill bracket?
>>
>>329754054
or maybe like me you have muted/blocked hundreds of thousands of people
>>
File: Omniknight.png (63 KB, 256x144) Image search: [Google]
Omniknight.png
63 KB, 256x144
I play this shit solo since i know noone else willing to play it with me (they do play it, but they're leagues above me and think i'd bring the group down. Admittedly, i would)

So i just go into solo queue and not give a single shit what the shit-flinging monkeys on my team have to say. It works wonders.

Also, pic related is a game-winner.
>>
>>329753727
that's dota 2.
>>
>>329753727
Defenders of the Ancients (Dota2)
>>
>>329753727
Protectors of the Prehistoric: The Second
>>
>>329753457
The thing that always makes me give up after playing for a few months is just the grief you get for fucking wanting to lane with someone. In every single game I've played, unless it's with new players, there is some degree of pressure to go the fuck away from whatever area I'm farming, even if me being where I am is the only logical option given our team's composition. It's ever-present and is the reason I've quit 4 or 5 times. I'll never understand it.
>>
I tried playing Dota 2 again and there wasn't a single game that didn't have some annoying third worlder.

Not like the game itself is any better, all the new stuff is cash shop bullshit instead of events like Wraith Night.
>>
File: 1457157255866.jpg (162 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
1457157255866.jpg
162 KB, 1080x1920
>was going to go to bed but carried my shitter friends against an Invoker, Gyro, Omni, Timbersaw and Furion as Weaver
SNIBITY SNIB
>>
>>329757165
>all the new stuff is cash shop bullshit
?????

Also, I'm upset that they stopped doing those special Dota 2 events like the year beast, or that one halloween event.. Now it's solely restricted it to those stupid ass "Dota 2 custom games" crap.. And you don't even get any rewards.
>>
Honestly, even at a pro level the game is terrible. I've been watching the Major and every 'hype' moment is blown way out of proportion, if even timed right at all, with some neckbeard screaming into the mic that everyone is dead, as if I can't see what's going on.

The last good tournament was in 2013, every team is established and predictable now. The game has stagnated a whole lot with some broken mechanics being patched, and some being considered 'new meta'.

Haven't enjoyed playing or watching the game for years. Only alive because people are addicted to the little shots of dopamine the game provides to it's gambling tendencies.

It's a shitshow to watch especially, the most famous commentators are all as autsy as the players and don't go in depth enough for the audience and aren't shallow enough for outsiders.

It was fun 2 betas ago but it's time for something new to take it's place.
>>
File: Omnisanders 4.jpg (78 KB, 605x328) Image search: [Google]
Omnisanders 4.jpg
78 KB, 605x328
>>329753457
Just pick a good hero
>pic related
>>
>>329753923
this
playing dota without a stable group of friends to play with is probably the most unpleasant experience the internet has to offer.
>>
HotS is way more comfy play that instead if you want a good time.
>>
File: 1417917848542.png (11 KB, 285x290) Image search: [Google]
1417917848542.png
11 KB, 285x290
>>329758467
I sure had a great time with it anon
It really help put me to sleep
>>
>>329758467
It's comfy but is incredibly unfulfilling if you want actual skill involved, it's all kind of basic positioning team fighting.
Better than it was at launch due to having more heroes and maps, but it's still not enticing enough to bring in more players.
Maybe when they add arena, I don't know. Necromancer was pretty disappointing.
>>
>>329758686
Its also boring as fuck
Everything feels like a wet noodle, and the abilitys all lack a certain oomph to make them interesting and fun. I mean seriously, some of the concepts behind heroes really seemed cool, but when in action I felt bored to tears.
The maps are slapped together and their objectives only really change how many things you're fighting over and whether they fight back
The talents are almost all boring shit too, and you're usually pigeonheld into getting specific ones.
>>
>cant solo que
When did that happen I only briefly touched dota before deciding it wasnt for me and that was 2 years ago
Why the fuck would you make it where you cant solo que that makes no damn sense
>>
>>329759172
The best thing is LoL removed solo just this January.
>>
>>329759278
no
>>
>>329759083
The game has a big identity crisis. Older heroes feel much more simple in comparison to the new ones they are releasing, who feel more diverse.

Dustin Browder has said that if he could he would completely re-do the entire game. Because it's just a dota mod Blizzard decided to turn into it's own individual game and went through complete development hell in an attempt to create it's own identity.
>>
>>329759480
Yes?
Last I checked they did. THeir only form of Solo was ranked, and now parties are allowed in it
>>
>not playing with your sub 2k friend

im 4k and my friend is like 1800
we still play together
i dont give a shit
>>
>>329759482
I dont see what that has to do with anything I said
>>
File: EkpcN.jpg (28 KB, 500x364) Image search: [Google]
EkpcN.jpg
28 KB, 500x364
>>329759550

>friends
>>
>>329759542
you are retarded and never understood matchmaking
>>
>>329759542
That's not entirely a good thing m80, as someone who plays League it actually hurts the ranked system because once you get into higher ranks you start seeing people abusing the party system to help boost up individuals ELO. So you'd end up getting higher level smurfing instead of getting lower level smurfing.

Though it is nice to actually play with more than 1 person in ranked now though.
>>
>>329759687
The things that make it feel like shit are mostly due to a complete lack of direction. The talent system was poorly thought out, abilities are unimpressive because they are meant to be used repetitively, map objectives are all the same because of the core game being a traditional core push mechanic, and a lot of it is due to either the SC2 engine being shit or Blizzard keeping the HotS team small due to it not being a big juggernaut like WoW and Hearthstone.
>>
>>329753457
>Put in low priority for comm abuse
>AKA: Things that never happened
Good story bro, either you're pulling this tale out of your ass or your omitting large chunks of it.
>>
>>329754250
>>329758323
Fucking Omni pickers
>>
MOBA's are without a doubt the most unforgiving cancerous community in the entire video game world. Nothing comes even close to the amount of salty faggots that live in these games. I've seen sports fans have more class than these people.
>>
>The fuck happened to this game?
Not a thing. It's been this bad since 07 or 08, somewhere around there.
Maybe even sooner, I don't know. I only started playing it because there was literally nothing else to play.
>>
>>329759889
No, you're stupid

Those things are not related to how impactful and dynamic the combat feels.

HOTS has a major issue at its very core and it's that the combat, from sound to animation to the numbers, just dont feel good.
>>
>>329760646
The SC2 engine is shit and Blizzard is retarded. HotS is garbage anyway and I don't even know why I fucking bothered.

Blizzard's art team can't make a compelling game to save their lives anymore, even Overwatch is bland and lifeless.
>>
>>329759954
Not OP, but when you report someone, you have to choose between 3 options. Ability abuse, communication abuse, or intentional feeding. Picking anything other than com abuse will land you in low priority, picking com abuse land you in low priority along with you privileges to communicate being taken away for a minimum of 24 hours. New to the game brother? Or just a die hard fan?
>>
>>329753727
Anti-attacking of the Really Old: After One
>>
File: dotahrs.png (45 KB, 253x107) Image search: [Google]
dotahrs.png
45 KB, 253x107
>>329753457
tell him to drop it. it's not a good game for newcomers.

source: pic related is my playtime, and i still get sick of it because of the playerbase
>>
>Play HotS
>Your FPS is actually equivalent to how much you lag
>If you play outside your region you play at like 5 frames per second
>Even Russians won't tolerate this

The game is far from perfect, but this is one of the most ingenius ways I've seen the HUEHUE problem solved. I play HotS over Dota because of this mostly. Seriously fuck foreigners in my video games.
>>
>>329759871
How did the old version not count as solo que?
>>
>>329761938
Too bad reconnecting to matches is retarded thanks to the shit SC2 engine.
>>
>>329759889
The funny thing is, awesomenauts does everything HOTS did, but correctly.
They havea similar Talents system, and even less abilities per character, while making it interesting
However, they could afford to fucking tone down the map gimmicks. Fuck that fire pit
>>
>>329762087

You got me there, it's hilariously bad.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.