[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post upcoming releases that no one gives a shit about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6
File: 23815901722_4d1edf4ed1_b.jpg (286 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
23815901722_4d1edf4ed1_b.jpg
286 KB, 1024x576
Post upcoming releases that no one gives a shit about
>>
The fact that you started this thread with UC4 means that you do care about the game OP
>>
>>329750526
>literally delayed because preorder demands were so high
>noone gives a shit about it
Stop being a faggot OP.
>>
This is quite literally one of, if not THE biggest releases this year

Maybe if you got off /v/ for a change you would realize that
>>
The Division
>>
Everything on the WiiU.
>>
File: Amy Henning.jpg (234 KB, 1000x643) Image search: [Google]
Amy Henning.jpg
234 KB, 1000x643
>>329750526

Normies are excited for this game, like >>329750740 said, but the fact that the mother of the series jumped ship half of the way through development makes me very, very skeptical of how the game will actually turn out
>>
>>329751457
She dropped out because EA gave her a better deal, and Neil Druckman and Bruce Straley wanted to take over, and management agreed, since TLOU was so successful. I'm more hopeful for it now because I preferred TLOU to UC2/3 by far, and the stuff we've seen so far looks great.
>>
>>329751457
amy hennig was holding uncharted back tho
>>
Casuals love this generic trash though.
>>
>>329751709
More Uncharted 2, less TLoU, please

>>329752108
I suppose you also think that Avellone was holding back Fallout and that Levine was holding back Bioshock, by that logic
>>
>>329752249
>More Uncharted 2, less TLoU, please
Fuck no.
>>
>>329752249
uncharted 3 was shit m8 and its the one hennig had the most control over.
>>
>>329752390

The game which was shipped was also castrated by Sony at the last minute

The Uncharted 3 we all played is not the same Uncharted 3 which Amy spent years crafting
>>
>>329750526

Fuck off. This is probably going to be my GOTY 2016, unless Butterlord comes out.

Fite me.
>>
>>329752508
source: your asshole
>>
>>329752249
They literally admitted for 3 that they picked setpieces and halfassedly strung together the plot as they went along. Druckman was the lead designer and writer on 2, and had no part in 3. While Henning directed and wrote 3. If anything, you should be looking forward to 4, since Druckman's leading it if you liked 2.
>>
Except it's probably the most anticipated sequel coming out this year with only FF XV which still doesn't have a legit release date. Just because some otaku shit show of a board doesn't give it attention doesn't mean everyone else isn't.

Also holy shit at the "the game is setpieces so it automatically sucks" meme everyone believes in here. That's below normie level thinking.
>>
Uncharted feels like a good 3rd person shooter but it could never compete against max payne 3 in terms of both story and action.
>>
>>329752632
But they did that for the second one, too though. It's not a bad fucking thing either since interaction with setpieces is what the series specializes in.
>>
>>329752780
>But they did that for the second one, too though
Not really. They said they had the basic story before they started making and designing areas, and it shows. My point that Druckman is what made 2 great, and Henning is what ruined 3 stands.
>>
Played all 3 on release. Not gonna get this one. I didn't mind 3 but the series should've ended at 2.
>>
>>329752589

Nope, dead serious. Siny made them cut out all the supernatural elements 3/4ths of the way through development, which meant that they straight up cut about a third of th game and had to totally re-write the last few chapters, which is why the last three chapters are where the game really starts to fall apart
>>
>>329753369
>the last three chapters
The story falls apart after the fucking prologue.
The gameplay has less enemy reaction and response and shit areas, with a huge reliance on moments where you either jump or react quickly or die, and it's shit. UC2 trumped 3, even when you ignore what you claim Sony did to it.
>>
>tfw into weeb games: jrpg, visual novels, rhythm games

1st phaze: I don't play tps
2nd phae: Well I guess it looks kinda nice
3rd phase: Keep rewatching the trailers, starting to get hype
4th phase: Game releases next month, day one buy this shit is going to be awesome
5th phase: Play the free beta, yep I like the look of this.

I dunno what happened but yeah I am hyped for it and I'm gonna enjoy it.
>>
>>329752904
Hennig directed and wrote all 3 UC games though.
>>
>>329753807
So did Druckman and Straley, with the exception of 3, which surprisingly ended up shit.
>>
>>329754107
The first one is worse than 3 though. This game is gonna be Neil's second as director though after TLOU so I am hoping it's gonna be good.
>>
>>329754418
Right, but the first one was more them trying to find their footing, and it's a little more understandable things were shaky.
With 2, they had found their footing, Straley became co-director, and Druckmann stayed as designer and writer. Then with 3, the only person who returned was Hennig, and it went to shit. The TLOU happens, and its got Straley and Druckmann and ends up being great, despite also being a new IP. I'd certainly place my trust in Druckmann and Straley over Hennig.

>This game is gonna be Neil's second as director though after TLOU so I am hoping it's gonna be good.
Third isn't it? UC2, TLOU, and now UC4.
>>
>>329754850
Well, lets hope it makes the difference we all want it to make. Hennig wasn't involved with TLOU and that was great.

And nah, only Straley and Hennig were directors on UC2.
>>
>>329751457

>Normies

This alone makes you an incredibly massive faggot.
>>
>>329753674
Literally me. As in, I play the exact same types of games, saw this and thought it looked alright, then gradually gained hype, playing the beta now and loving it.
>>
File: drake.gif (2 MB, 500x420) Image search: [Google]
drake.gif
2 MB, 500x420
Been playing the beta for this all damn day. It's fucking FUN.
>>
The Division
Hitman 2016
Mirror's Edge Catalyst
Homefront the Revolution
Crackdown 3
Battleborn
Quantum Break
PVZ Garden Warfare 2
Dead Island 2
WoW Legion
>>
>>329751457
Amy was a fucking horrible writer. She jumped off a few months in and hey had to restart.
>>
>>329750526
As expected, the downgrades were real. 60fps is nice tho
>>
>>329753674
>>329755221
>>329756540
The beta actually deflated my hype for this game. It's boring as shit and takes forever to find a lobby. I dropped it after 3 matches.

The single player has to be really fucking good for me to get this Day 1.
>>
>>329756540
Dam that looks too real tb.h fa.m.
>pc fags btfo
>>
>>329757065
Too bad it's not in the game :)
>>
>>329757009
The actual game looks much better than the multiplayer does, but the multiplayer is the only part that's 60fps.
>>
>>329757042
I've found it takes forever to find a match, but it's usually not too long once you're in one, as long as you don't quit. I completely disagree about it being boring as shit though, I've consistently enjoyed every match.
>>
Uncharted 4 will sweep the goty awards
>>
I can't wait for the PC petitions.
>>
File: 1442358698285.png (196 KB, 634x416) Image search: [Google]
1442358698285.png
196 KB, 634x416
>>329757450
>implying HE won't steal it
>>
>>329751457
>calling people normies
you think you're so hardcore? you people make me cringe
>>
>>329750526
Games that you plan on buying. Probably a nintendo game. Or xbox exclusive, if there ever is one.
>>
Uncharted 2 is one of the best games of last generation, but after 3 I'm not prepared to buy this at launch.

I'll only buy it if someone confirms after release that it has as much love and care put into it as Uncharted 2 did, with all the fun extra stuff.
>>
>>329750526
>that no one gives a shit about

It's a Playstation 4 exclusive. That means that by definition, people will "give a shit" about this game, at least here where platforms exclusives are enshrined and fetishized by both supporters and opponents.

In fact, you won't stop hearing about it until at least July. Mark my words.
>>
File: IZvRxpLyHBjn.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
IZvRxpLyHBjn.gif
2 MB, 500x281
Uncharted 4 is the only new game I'm really looking forward to for the time being. That's not to say there won't be more by the end of the year, but right now U4 is it.

Plus, confirmation of Robin Atkin Downes playing this mystery old man is worth it to me.
>>
>>329757042
I always thought the multiplayer was shit compared to the single player. It's just pasted on anyways.
>>
I'm finding it kind of funny how NO ONE is talking about the Uncharted multiplayer beta that's happening right now. I'm downloading it, but it's 10gigs so my Ausfailia niggernet won't have it done for another ~9 - 10 hours.
>>
>>329763041
I'll talk about it; I fucking love it.

That is all.
>>
>>329763262
kool

Can you elaborate at all for those of us waiting?
>>
>>329763716
In a nutshell, it's like if they took all the good bits from Uncharted 2 MP and Uncharted 3 MP and mashed them together with much better controls. There are aspects of the Last of Us MP as well, mainly in the radar and down system. It's really, really fun. I played it pretty literally all day and plan to do so again tomorrow (and likely Sunday).
>>
>>329764109
Nice. I never really got to play the other Uncharted multiplayers in any real way, since I kind of ignored them at the time. TLoU had really good multiplayer, though, so I look forward to trying this.
>>
>>329764196
This one isn't quite as cat and mouse as TLoU, but it's just as sound. I hope they don't fuck it up on release.
>>
File: Sentinel_Beach_render.png (1 MB, 1600x978) Image search: [Google]
Sentinel_Beach_render.png
1 MB, 1600x978
they haven't made a good game in over a decade, jak 1 and 2 were their last good games
>>
>>329764463
Oh, enough with that shit.
>>
>>329764536
it's the truth
>>
>>329756540
Ive been enjoying the hell out of it too. The grappling and money mechanic makes it charming on top of the top notch gunplay. Ive been playing using wired connection so ive been finding matches quickly
>>
>>329764463
Jak X is most bueno. Their next racing game is going to be the best one yet -- mark my wors.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.