[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fates Promotions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 8
File: 1456923215645.png (52 KB, 208x184) Image search: [Google]
1456923215645.png
52 KB, 208x184
>Master Seals are rare and important
>For most of the game you have to make careful, strategic decisions on who you promote
>Or you can just go visit someone else's castle and buy as many as you want

Whelp. That was pointless. Only discovered that late in my Birthright run, doing Conquest now and I just did Chapter 10 (the level everyone was complaining about) with literally 2/3 of my units promoted, was easy as shit.

What an incredibly pointless mechanic.
>>
>>329745957
Promoting early just fucks up your stats later in the game. Good job.
>>
File: digimon_lillymon.jpg (273 KB, 1220x686) Image search: [Google]
digimon_lillymon.jpg
273 KB, 1220x686
>>329745957
getting the seals has never been hard, it's maxing out the bad units to make them usable. your not supposed to use a seal till you max a character. or are you just being silly?
>>
>>329746528
>>329746182
Honestly, it's not that big of a deal in Fates due to Eternal Seals. They cost a lot but you can just use the Gold dlc
>>
>>329745957
>I just promoted all my units less than halfway through the game! Now I'm steamrolling everyone!
>Haha what a dumb mechanic, good going Fire Emblem! :^)

What you've actually done is practically halved the potential strength of your army by blowing your load before they could reach their stat caps. Well done, genius. See you in 5 chapters when everything pushes your shit in again.
>>
I'm on Nohr Hard and I've been able to promote an entire army's worth, with some to spare because I've replaced a few units. I've never bought a Master Seal at another Castle.

You doing it wrong by having promoted units that early. You don't understand the mechanic you call pointless.
>>
>>329746764
>using the gold dlc

Lemme guess, you're also playing on Phoenix mode?
>>
>There are people on /v/ so stupid they can't even understand basic mechanics of Fire Emblem
>>
>>329746764
And how exactly does Eternal Seals help? It only increases level cap by 5, which is nothing.

You could've leveled up 5 times in the original class and still achieved the same stat growth, PLUS the Eternal Seal later in promoted class.
>>
>>329746764
>using the easy mode dlc
your still going to need a good amount of seals and a lot of time to waste to fix that royal fuck up. if your being antsy you could get away with going at 18 or 19, but even then.
>>
Would anyone mind explaining this stuff more in-depth for me? I'm a newcomer to the series, having tried Awakening for a dozen or so chapters before I got bored a year or two back and put it down indefinitely. I'm now playing Conquest as my new entrypoint to the series, and I've been really trepidation about using seals. As of yet I've used none because I don't want to waste them, or worse, potentially mess up my units' growth potential.

I know I can reclass characters based on their support and marriage options, as well as promoting them to advanced(?) classes after level 10, but they can also reach level 20. I presume you're supposed to get them to level 20, then either upgrade them or reclass them. Is that the case? Can I reclass once I upgrade them to an advanced class, or does that lock them into the advanced class forever? I presume the best way to make strong units is leveling them up to get stat growths and skills, then reclassing them to get more growths and another class' skills, then repeating that once or twice before advancing them. Am I off-base?

I'm sure it sounds quite silly for me to be overthinking it this much on what has become my first proper Fire Emblem game, but I'd hate to find that I've been doing things wrong twenty in-game hours from now, and that I've gimped my characters' combat potential. That could potentially ruin my drive to continue playing, so I want to avoid that pitfall.
>>
>>329746182

Does it actually, how? I thought you got better level ups for promoted units?

If you're talking about the level cap I'll just use Eternal seals
>>
So how should one promote in Fates? Is it like Awakening where you really could just wait until you got the skills you wanted, then promote them, or should you wait til the level cap before you do it?
>>
>>329747696
wait for 20 always. keep the characters stat growths in mind and pick a suitable promotion. you only really need to change based on relationships if your character is truly bad in his class, like odin
>>
>>329747056
>>329746801
>>329746769

Huh guess it wasn't a smart move then. Odd, how does it work? You get better growths as a base class and then upgrade to promoted class for the skills or something? When should you promote?

Fuck up or not, I'm not hugely worried, I've still got all the kid characters and half the cast to get.
>>
>>329748043
your losing out on level ups when you inevitable reach cap. using eternal seals is just wasting time you could have saved.
>>
>>329748217
>>329748283
there is your answer
>>
>>329748283

So it's not about growths, it's about levels then? Is that really going to be a problem? I beat Birthright and had to use Eternal seals on something like 2 characters, I seriously doubt I'm going to get all these characters to max level
>>
>>329748217
Characters' stats cap out at level 20. They literally won't level up anymore. That's when you should reclass them, according to their stat spread, their specific growths and what you want out of that character on the field.
>>
>>329748481
imagine that from base class to level 20 promoted class that there are 40 levels, level 21 being level 1 promoted

when you use a master seal at 10 you skip levels 10-20 meaning you lose all the potential stat gains you could've gotten

you also get a lot less exp per kill since their internal level is much higher
>>
>>329748283
>>329748481

Also I assume you meant Eternal seals is wasting money I could have saved? Because it seems (and I may be wrong here, correct me if I'm off base) that I'm saving a lot of time doing it like this.

Promoting gives a tonne of stat ups, so it's a huge initial power boost for this point in the game. It also means I have access to the skills earlier on, where I wouldn't get the more powerful skills until way later in the game if I'd waited. Saves a bunch of time and gives me a power spike. If Growths aren't an issue then the only problem would be if I start level capping I can use Eternal seals to fix that, only issue I suppose is if I run out of money, not sure how funds limited you are on Conquest, could be a problem.
>>
>>329748675
>you also get a lot less exp per kill since their internal level is much higher

Yeah this is something that I'm worried about, might cause some grief, but also might make it easier for me to make Mozu actually something besides deadweight.

Gott'a deal with it now I suppose.
>>
>>329748784
No, the point is your unit won't have stats as he could've if you had just waited to fully max his base class.
>>
>>329748919
you're fine since you're playing hoshido but dont try to pull this shit on conquest hard/lunatic
>>
>>329748784
dude promoting is fun, but just wait and get the last levels and growths from the base class. you should never have to use a eternal seals and they are just a waste of resources. your character will end up much stronger with that little bit of growth you opted out in before
>>
>>329749057

Why not? Again, just want to make sure I understand this right.

If I make sure (using Eternal seals if needed) he never max-levels, then why would he be missing stats?
>>
Chapter 10? Damn I'm having trouble in chapter 9, I beat the previous chapters easily on classic+lunatic mode but I'm thinking of scaling it back down.

Blog aside, is there any way I can lure a few more of them into the acid rain?
>>
>>329749448
if you keep using eternal seals you'll be wasting a lot of time to make up for loses you shouldn't have to deal with
>>
>>329749448
Wait, am I supposed to assume you're using the Gold DLC? If so, then, yeah I guess you could technically hit your stat caps by constantly spending the gold on those seals after the fact.

But are you REALLY gonna do that for every character, when you could just simply max their base class?
>>
SO how does the reclassing work? You keep your level and can't go from a promoted class to an unprompted class right? How do you get the skills for a reclassed unit? Like it you reclassed a level 15 promoted class into another promoted class, would you just get the new classes skills at 16 and 17?
>>
>>329749769

Nope, no Gold DLC. I'm not planning on using any of the DLC, seems kind'a cheesey to play a Classic FE game and then use DLC to get around the limitations.

>>329749681

Time or money? Money I can understand but how does it waste time, please explain?
>>
>>329749829

Yeah, you get the old skills. So if you go Samurai->Swordmaster and then reclass across to Dark Mage or something at lv17 you'll still get the earlier Dark Mage levels.
>>
>>329750145
Because you'd need to grind the Gold, just so you can buy the seal, which you'll follow up with more XP grind into those new levels.
>>
>>329750227

Just how gold limited is Conquest mode? I had 100k+ in Birthright without even trying.
>>
>>329750434
I don't have an exact number off the top of my head, but not that much, and you usually have to work for it.
>>
>>329748784
You level up far, far more slowly as an advanced class than a base one. An enemy that could give you 40 exp as a non-promoted unit might give you 10 as a promote. That's a whole lot of experience wasted in a route that you can't grind, and soon those +2 and +3 stat gains from promotion will not carry you as far as the natural experience would have.
Money is pretty tight in Conquest too, the most I have at a time is around 10k and there's always, always weapons I want that I can blow it on. No extra funds for seals for every single unit.
>>
+>>329750434
there is no grinding in vanilla conquest, and pay outs aren't as big in chapter missions. it just isn't really realistic. anon I know we are sounding like mid maxing fags, but we are trying to save you from have a ruff time later. you will get your shit pushed in if you promote early.
>>
Just beat ch 18 in Conquest without promoting anyone. I have a fistful of master seals and my main squad is around level 17 or so. Time to promote or should I wait another level or two?
>>
>>329751148
>>329751094

No, it's cool, I'm not getting butthurt about this. It's actually surprised me and I accept that I'm wrong.

I don't think I'm screwed yet, since as I said earlier, I still have half the cast and the kids to get. But definitely an interesting thing to think about.
>>
so is there no way to play all three of these without having to fork over 80 bucks for conquest and birthright and however much the other one is?
>>
File: WWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWW.png (425 KB, 716x520) Image search: [Google]
WWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWW.png
425 KB, 716x520
>Everyone said chapter 10 is hell
>do it after about 2 attempts
>reach chapter 12
>already at 10+ attempts
Should I even try to go for Saizo? his damage fucks my team up completely.
>>
>>329751253
you should be fine if it's early. and like a anon said before, you can get away with doing it near 18 or 19. but what you can get away with in birthright is a no go in conquest. have fun anon, both games are fun.
when does the third campaign come out?
>>
File: 2015-06-01-739835.jpg (72 KB, 569x451) Image search: [Google]
2015-06-01-739835.jpg
72 KB, 569x451
>>329751323

$40 for First path
$20 for Second path
$20 for Third path (Can't buy it yet though)

So $80 all up, but honestly in terms of gameplay I beat Birthright and put something like 50 hours into it. They weren't pulling your leg when they said each route is a full length game by itself, IIRC they're individually longer than the older FE games.

If you're interested in checking them out, I'd reccomend Birthright and then if you like it check out the other path(s). I'm not too far in Conquest so far but the story seems fucking retarded compared to Birthright (which was fun enough, worked well and even had a fairly happy ending despite all the times it punched me in the gut Goddamn it Xander, imagine if you'd just stood down. The whole family would be together. )

Best part of Conquest so far is dressing Severa up like Lucina.
>>
>>329751675
The one with the broken pots? I just ran right through. Surround your team by the dragon stream then break it for those rewards. I had no real trouble with this level.
>>
>>329751774

Mar 10
>>
>>329751323
Besides piracy? No
>>
>>329751675
I always have Niles 1v1 him by putting him right in front of that middle pot. I put a healer and the singer next to him, and have the rest of my units flank from the side. Never fails.
>>
>>329751675
You really don't want to miss Flame Shuriken if you're using Felicia. It was deadly even in the hands of my low Magic Jakob. The key for me was to charge my entire army down the middle and ignore the side wings, and just outrun the archers. I lost some potential experience but I was stuck on the chapter the entire day and wanted it done with.
>>
>>329751323
well to be fair, it's 3 full campaigns
>>
>>329746764

good goy
>>
>>329751931
But isn't Birthright like stupid easy?
I've played through 3 FE's and I dunno, is it at least on the same level as those?
>>
>>329752491
it's awakening easy
>>
>>329748919

It's less of a problem for somebody like Mozu who otherwise might always be behind, but it's seriously not a smart idea to promote units before level 20 unless you REALLY need them to be promoted for whatever reason.
>>
>>329751323
if you like old FE, you'll enjoy Conquest imo. All the Conquest maps have some kind of gimmick, but they're usually pretty fun and challenging without pushing any kind of artificial difficulty. Birthright is ok (kind of an Awakening 2.0 with better gameplay and mechanics). Shit is worth it since both Conquest and Birthright are as long as an old FE game by themselves.
>>
>>329751675
send Niles or Camilla with a Hand Axe at Saizo, they have weapon triangle advantage and enough Res to not get destroyed by his Flame Shuriken
>>
>>329752717
I had Mozu kill almost every enemy on that paralogue, and she ended up being stupid powerful all on her own. She was the 3rd unit I promoted.
>>
File: 1456878147612.jpg (92 KB, 862x579) Image search: [Google]
1456878147612.jpg
92 KB, 862x579
I think promoting before level 20 is okay in some cases, if you need more immediate power. It's not as if you're going to cap all your units level before you finish the game.
>>
File: 1457069085465.png (313 KB, 308x592) Image search: [Google]
1457069085465.png
313 KB, 308x592
>he didn't play Conquest on Hard/Classic for the first time without buying any of the DLC or visiting anyone's castles
>>
>>329751675

The flame shuriken is a MASSIVE upgrade for Felicia, and the next chapter is LITERALLY a bunch of slow knights with high DEF but shit RES. If you're actually using Felicia (which I don't see why you wouldn't be) then it's hard to overstate how much of a huge upgrade the flame shuriken is.

In my game she turned from kind of meh healer with kind of crappy shurikens into a shit wrecking powerhouse just because of the flame shuriken.

>>329752268

Personally I had my team charge through the right side of the map because I had to avoid the archers with Spendthrift, but I'm also playing on Lunatic.
>>
>>329751675
Saizou and Kagerou never gave me problems except the first time, where I didn't saw Kagerou had the Needle shuriken and fucked Effie up. One thing you can do is bait them with someone with high defenses like whoever is pairing up with Effie, I used Arthur and Silas on another run, Have someone else break the pot (I use Camilla with a hand axe, and have them choke the point on a javelin or a hand axe.

One time it worked by having Kaze bait the team by standing on their range across the pots to the side. Kagerou can't double and you will welcome the debuff.
>>
>>329753272
Can you provide a source or artist for that picture? Google gave me nothing.
>>
>>329752491
>>329752654

Nah, it's harder than Awakening. It starts off fairly gentle but it'll push your shit in fast if you're not careful.
>>
>>329753105

Yeah, I probably should have tried even harder to grind levels for her earlier because now nearly everybody except her is promoted from level 20 despite my best efforts to not have her be behind.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.