[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people claimed to have liked Johnny so much anyway? He
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4
File: Trevor Johnny.jpg (77 KB, 1017x525) Image search: [Google]
Trevor Johnny.jpg
77 KB, 1017x525
Why do people claimed to have liked Johnny so much anyway?

He pretty much went completely backwards on everything you did in The Lost and Damned and got killed for it, why do people only now say he was a great character?
>>
Mainly Because TLAD had the best story
>>
I think it just hit people kinda hard watching him get killed off for what seems like such a meaningless reason, after having put all the time into his character in TLAD. That and Trevor is just an asshole.
>>
>>329712093
This, Trevor's obnoxious as fuck and it's annoying that they had him thoughtlessly murder Johnny out of nowhere to show how unstable and whacky he was.
>>
>>329711275
I didn't like Johnny much but this
>He pretty much went completely backwards on everything you did in The Lost and Damned

is what I didn't like about it. Felt wasteful.
>>
>>329711275
>He pretty much went completely backwards on everything you did in The Lost and Damned
which is why it felt like a complete and total asspull to not only take a shit on their character by killing him off, but ruining his entire story and character arc before doing so
>>
>>329711275
People are usually remembered more fondly after they pass away.

Johnny is a perfect example.
>>
>>329713531
>Trevor's obnpxious as fuck

all my friends over at Reddit love him!
>>
>>329714420
Ok?
>>
File: Luis.jpg (58 KB, 524x612) Image search: [Google]
Luis.jpg
58 KB, 524x612
>>329711275
>Johnny was on his way to recovery after the Lost suffered its biggest hit in Liberty City
>pretty much does a 180 on all of his progress after he hooks back up with the bitch that started it all in the first place.
In some ways I could sort of see this happening considering that Johnny was pretty suicidal at the time with the loss of his closest friend, his gang and his mentor. The guy was a lost cause at this point still he could have had a better ending instead of being used as boot polish for some Canadian afraid of clowns. At least it wasn't pic relate because that would have been real bad.
>>
>>329711275
I think they did it to show that no matter who you are there is always a bigger psychopath
>>
File: Trevor Franklin.jpg (123 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Trevor Franklin.jpg
123 KB, 1280x720
FRANKLIN

MY N-WORD
>>
>>329711275
Isn't that he guy trevor stomps to death?

He ws the main protag in lost nd damned?

Thats funny
>>
>>329715551
But Johnny wasn't a psychopath though. It would have been an even contest if they put Niko or even Luis against Trevor but Johnny was just a fat smelly jew that whines a lot.
>>
>>329715781
Learn to spell ya fucken tard christ
>>
>>329715492
Luis is one of my favorite GTA protags behind Tommy Vercetti.

I think he's underrated.
>>
>>329715809
Perhaps psychopath was the wrong word more like "big shot" hard ass gang biker.

Or another way if you think you are a monster there always bigger ones than you.
>>
>>329715772
Him trying to jump the fence and falling down like a n asshole was funny.
>>
>>329711275
cucks sympathize with other cucks
>>
>>329715905
>ya fucken tard
Learn how to spell and use proper grammar, you dick-devouring shitmonger.
>>
>>329716361
>No Luis

Opinion discarded
>>
>>329716361
>Unironically liking Trevor
Fuck off with this meme, GTAV had the weakest protagonists and story of any of the 3d games.
>>
>>329716071
Same here. Of the three protagonists who have the same "YOU FORGOT WHERE YOU CAME FROM STOP TRYING TO MOVE UP IN LIFE YOU PUSSYASS BUSTA" narrative, his was the least annoying outside of his mom being a silly cunt.
>>
>>329716681

but its not part of the 3D universe its part of the HD universe
>>
YOU SMART
YOU LOYAL
>>
>>329716320
And it was unscripted
>>
>>329716751
>Luis
>Nigger
You wanna rethink that for a second?
>>329716793
That doesn't make any sense. I meant out of the GTA games that are in three dimensions.
>>
>>329716858
I miss Yusuf.
>>
File: Sugoi.jpg (129 KB, 395x513) Image search: [Google]
Sugoi.jpg
129 KB, 395x513
>>329715492
>tfw he says Mami and Papi
>>
>>329716996

>We'll never be making A-rab Money again
>>
>>329716996
After shitty writing throughout all games, all it takes is a character who makes no attempt to betray you or hide his motives to you to make a good character.
You do a bunch of shit for Yusuf, he pays you, and when you are at your lowest point, you call him and plead for help, and he gets to you immediately
>>
>>329717309
Also add to this that Gay Tony himself wasn't bad for a character. Bioware could learn a thing or to from this in regards to writing about faggots in the near future.
>>
>tfw no single player DLC for GTA V because R* won't bother because of getting fat and tanned off of shark cards
>>
>>329718561

what would they add though, they already had 3 protagonists
>>
>>329718561
Who cares
Bring on Agent
>>
>>329718852

but Rockstar doesn't make Hitman
>>
>>329715492
I've played through tBoGT twice and I still don't remember any of his character arc if he even had one and his personality being anything more than that of a cardboard cutout
>>
>>329718771
Are you trying to say a multi-million dollar AAA game company can't come up with one more character to use?
>>
>>329713531

He's a video game character not a real person and yes that is the point
>>
>>329714420

If you think Trevor is a 'reddit' character or whatever you're so out of touch its not even funny.
>>
>>329716889
GTA has three universes
2D
3D
HD
That's why Liberty City/Los Santos are so different
>>
Tlad had the best mission in the series
>>
BIG DOG
BIG NUTS
>>
>>329722129
shut up nigger >:D
>>
>Johnny
>loyal to his club, friends and ex
>gets fucked over by his club and ex, his friends die
>tries to make the best of it

>Trevor
>DURR I MISS MICHAEL SO MUCH
>WAIT MICHAEL IS ALIVE
>TIME TO BE RANDOM *holds up spork*

yeah I wonder why people liked Johnny better.

I still play IV and Episodes from LC, GTA V? Not so much.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.