[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
THE DIVISION
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: THE DIVISION.png (3 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
THE DIVISION.png
3 MB, 1600x900
Will ubisoft fuck it up?
Or will it be a decent game?
>>
i see no one gives a fuck about new ubisoft megagame...
>>
the whole 'clientside data storage' thing is going to make or break this game depending on whether or not ubisoft can actually police it. Closed beta was full of hackers and exploters.
other than that, the game is pretty good if you like gear-based shooters.
>>
You guys know that the game is made by Massive right? Not ubisoft?
>>
Too bad there's no censorship or pre-launch cosmetic microtransactions, that would really stir some shit. :^)

I really enjoyed the closed and open betas, and the full game looks like that but turned up to 11, so I'm excited.
>>
They did a release of what kind of content they are going to keep the game updated with. Seems pretty good for the future. It won't be some groundbreaking game, but it will be a decent time with friends. First beta was shit, but the second was alright. Kind of like the Siege beta being meh but the full release being pretty good. I think the full release of Division will be alright.
>>
>>329691337
Massive is a Ubisoft owned company though. Not saying that'll automatically drag them down, but they have been Ubi for years.
>>
so tell meh, how does a New York look like?
Will it be full New York and can you go from Brooklyn to some other shitty part of town ?
Or will it have fucking loading screens?
>>
>>329691728
There is little to no loading screens. The only ones I can really recall off the time of my head is fast traveling, leaving a safehouse and starting up the game. The safehouse load being seconds.
>>
File: AK shotgun bullt dump.webm (3 MB, 800x404) Image search: [Google]
AK shotgun bullt dump.webm
3 MB, 800x404
>>329691219
That will be the biggest issue no doubt. People already figured out how to make incredibly guns through text editing in the beta, live will be a shitshow if nothing is done against it.
>>
>>329691728

It's close to a 1:1 scale Manhattan. The northern edge of the map ends a little before Central Park. Word is that the starting location is Brooklyn where you'll be reacquainted with the game's basics, at which point some shit goes down and you're eventually dropped into Manhattan. Any other locations beyond that are unknown.
>>
>>329691725
from what I remember FC3 and AC Revelations were decent titles by Massive

eh, time will tell.
>>
>>329691728

It looks really nice, but by virtue of the setting being new york, the entire game is straight roads, 4-way intersections and shoulder-to-shoulder buildings.
>>
File: 1424107260143.png (44 KB, 150x174) Image search: [Google]
1424107260143.png
44 KB, 150x174
>>329690392
I want to enjoy it
But i know I will not find myself playing it on my own, so I would have to go through the singleplayer/campaign section with a buddy. If its anything like the "beta" I can see the experience becoming stale without dipping into the dark zone here and there.

If it wasn't $80 beaver bucks i'd consider it more, even $65 on GMG might not be enough. That "plans for year one" looks exciting but then i need to take a step back and recognize this is Ubisoft.
>>
well than... i hope it will be good and worth my muni.
>>
>>329692719
CD Keys has it for $46 amierbux
>>
>>329693517
Is it legit? No ban?
>>
>>329695656
NVIDIA Uplay code comes with GPUs
>>
>>329695656
They're real. I've bought there before and recommended it to friends, no one had any issues yet.
>>329695843
Thats different. There are alot of Uplay codes up on Ebay right now as an alternative but thats not what the website is selling.
>>
File: OKM.png (1012 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
OKM.png
1012 KB, 1600x900
>>329690392
>Will ubisoft fuck it up?
Have they given you a reason to think they won't?
>>
>>329692167
Nigga these two were made by Montreal.

The Division is the first game from Massive in fucking years.
>>
Didn't they downgrade the graphics and turn it into some Borderlands bullet sponge horseshit? Looked generic beforehand but now... eesh.
>>
>>329691553
>They did a release of what kind of content they are going to keep the game updated with.

Can you spoonfeed? Curious.
>>
I played the beta.

Honestly, overall it's not bad but not good either. It's "ok" as fuck. Slightly better experience when playing with friends.,

Kinda weird that it comes out in like 4 days. I don't see people talking about it much. Anyone know what normies thing?
>>
should I get this or not?
Or get far cry primal?
>>
>>329696321
But again borderland was fun as fuck.
>>329696559
run away from far cry
>>
>>329696559
Nigga if you're even remotely interested in Far Cry play 3 and/or 4.

Just ignore Primal. It's not even a case of "well if it's your first Far Cry you'll probably enjoy it". While not absolutely terrible, it IS the weakest entry in the series. Just get the other Far Cry games.

About The Division, I'd recommend playing it if your friends are on board with you. Also, I'd wait instead of buying it at launch. Just be patient. Playing it alone or with strangers isn't all that cool.
>>
>>329696559
neither
>>
What is the selling point of this game? Does it have a unique feature or anything? At least Watch Dogs did the hacker thing, it was still a piece of shit but I could see why some people were intrigued enough to play around with that. I have no idea what this game is about, it just looks awful.
>>
>>329696559

the fuck is wrong with you
>>
>>329697287
Nothing unique, just a mixture. Its a 4 player co-op open world loot based game, alot like Borderlands or Destiny but in a modern setting. Its PvP though is kinda day-z like. You'll find players in the designated PvP zones, you could kill them for their loot if you wanted to or you could try trusting them and getting along nicely killing PvE enemies hoping they don't turn on you.
>>
>>329697323
Yeah what the fuck dude? You don't swallow what /v/ feeds you, R-TARD/??
>>
>>329696321
>Didn't they downgrade the graphics
Yes but it still looks nice
>and turn it into some Borderlands bullet sponge horseshit?
It was always that
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L86tRnVgFvs
gameplay w/ commentary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlBgq7NWwOI
likely /v/irgin's thoughts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHNYsBwq_eg
even shorter beta thoughts/review

Year One DLC plans
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_qUtFkdPEk

ubisoft is also starting to take down videos showing the beta or game being shitty
>>
I have been excited about it for awhile now. I pre ordered the gold edition after playing closed and open beta since I know i'm going to end up buying the expansions anyways.

There was a lot of cheating in the closed beta but I didn't experience any during the open beta.

The saddest part is that it does seem to be handicapped to be closer in looks to the console version. (see watchdogs) Though it is still loads better on the PC especially with maxed out settings.

Hopefully as it gets updates it will become a bit more optimized but as it sits now it seems very much like a game that will have a significant amount of very entertaining content with more to be released/added.
>>
>>329696321
>Borderlands bullet sponge horseshit

by virtue of being a gear-based shooter enemies and players are naturally going to have unrealistic amounts of health.
>>
>>329696321
>Didn't they downgrade the graphics
Maybe for consoles, but from what I've seen max graphic settings on the PC looks amazing.
>>
There is a thread in /vg/ if anyone wants to discuss the game
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.