[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FUCK THIS GAY EARTH
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 8
>Lore based off Chinese mythology
>Engrossing plot
>Well designed and atmospheric world
>Dat main theme
>Great characters
>Inspired yet poorly implemented combat
Excellent voice work from the likes of Robin Atkin Downes and Nathan Fillion
>Will never get a sequel because of poor sales
This deserved to become a franchise much more than Mass Effect
>>
Also it had the best romance system Bioware has ever done
>>
also, Doesn't it just end?

I remember getting to the "end" the sensi becoming evil and then just credits.
>>
>>329681947
make enough noise and i guess they'll hear it. bioware could still make great rpgs
>>
>>329681947

You forgot this one:

>It's KOTOR 2 copy pasted into a chinese setting
>>
>>329684130
>I never played KOTOR 2 or Jade Empire
>>
You're an idiot if you want new BioWare/EA to make a sequel to this game and completely ruin the franchise with their SJW faggotry.
>>
wuxia and shaw brothers kung fu films are my jam, i wish there were alternatives for people who desire a sequel to this game.
>>
>the old wise master who taught you the ways and looked after you turned out to be evil
Great writing all across the board.

Why did people like Bioware again?
>>
>>329685278
>Implying BioWare was with EA back when this was released
>>
>>329681947
They should have continued Kotor desu
>>
>>329681947
It's a good game.

A great one, if they only had spent more than ten minutes making the fighting system.
>>
>>329683230
I don't remember the romance at all and I played the shit out of that game.

Death's Hand was a bonafide badass
>>
>>329681947
>Dat main theme

FUCK! Stopped reading there because the music literally came flooding back immediately.

I miss my Michelle Yeoh looking mc. JE was an amazing game that should come back asap.
>>
Awesome game and one of my all time most enjoyable and relaxing gaming experiences. So fucking good.
>>
>>329681947
Anyone know if the pc version works with win 7? A friend of mine had issues with kotor2 on win 7 so just wondering if je has the same problems?

I played this game way back on the huge but this thread makes me want to replay it but on pc (i still have the huge and je on disc).
>>
>>329681947
This is an example of a thoroughly well made video game. Such a rare thing on consoles these days.
Its funny because I remember playing it when it came out and asking myself what the fuck this casual trash was as the game was a huge scaleback in terms of complexity from previous Bioware games which used D&D rules.
>>
>>329685975
>yay I can reduce any plot to minimalist premises and make it sound bad

It was the way it was presented dude it was not readily apparent until it happened in the game
>>
>garbage good vs evil mechanics that were supposed to be different
>shitty "you are the chosen one" plot
>characters ripped straight from the Outlaws of the Marsh
>brainless combat
Fuck all the shitters who think this game was good.
>>
There actually was a sequel in the works for a long time that was quietly canceled. It was going to be set in modern china if I remember right.

If you like the setting keep a eye out for Tale of Wuxia. It's kind of like princess maker only instead of raising a daughter you are training up a kung-fu hero, the English tranlation was finished a few weeks ago and it should show up on steam soon.
>>
>>329686804
Wtf I have the opposite problem. KOTOR 2 is fine for me but I tried JE and it crashes every time.
>>
>>329684130
>my favorite game is new vegas the post
>>
>>329681947
it was an average game. the setting and story are pretty good i guess, but the combat was painfully mediocre.
>>
>>329684130
I love both Kotor II and JE but you're dead wrong m8
>>
>>329681947
This game needs more people of color.

Yes we need to put in more black mythology and destroy their unique and rich culture.
>>
>>329681947
>go on /vee/
>see a genuinely good taste thread that not bait in disguise
good lord is this opposite day ?
>>
It felt too short to me, there should have been more.
>>
>>329686273
You can fuck Sky, Dawn Star and Silk Fox, or Dawn Star and Silk Fox at the same time.
Yes, gay and les is allowed.
>>
>>329688298
>Dawn Star and Silk Fox at the same time
No fucking way, they hated each other. Am I making it up or does it get to the point where they demand you to choose and whoever you don't leaves the party?
>>
>>329688740
www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8hqAH2D8S4
Step it up senpai
>>
File: 0[1].jpg (31 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
0[1].jpg
31 KB, 480x360
>>329681947
Why is this game so heavily praised whenever it gets brought up? It was a chore to slog through this game, because I wanted to see what made people give a shit.

>Lore based off Chinese mythology
This isn't implicitly good. It's different at least, and made me want to enjoy it on some level.

>Engrossing plot
Fucking how? Big bad comes up on a pirate ship, things happen, there's an emperor and a water serpent and fin? Maybe I would have given a shit about the ending, which was almost alright, if there was any coherence at all.

>Well designed and atmospheric world
Felt claustrophobically linear and I hardly remember any characters. Music, environments, and general lore were in no way memorable.

>Dat main theme
Repeat of not remembering any of the music. Not a single note of any melody. Not a whisper of a memory. -- Just went to youtube to listen to it, and it's generic stuff. Pretty grating wind instrumentation, too, though that's probably just shitty youtube quality.

>Great characters
Well there was an emperor and there was a water dragon/spirit. Also there was that one dutch guy who promoted not bathing and natural bile. Other than that...?

>Inspired yet poorly implemented combat
I'll admit that maybe combat was on the verge of being something, but as you concede it was poorly done.

>Excellent voice work from the likes of Robin Atkin Downes and Nathan Fillion
Now that you mention it, I remember being surprised Nathan Fillion was in the game. That doesn't make anything he did for this game good, but yes I remember the voice of an actor who is notable by other works.

>Will never get a sequel because of poor sales
I wish I could say it's because everyone else recognized it as the mediocre game it truly was, but most likely this is a result of new IP in a style with no mass appeal (i.e. Canadian representation of fictional Chinese).

>This deserved to become a franchise much more than Mass Effect
Empirically false (re: sales). Besides, ME suffered.
>>
>>329681947
The biggest problem with that game is how short it is. It just starts picking up and then you realize you're an hour away from the ending.
>>
>>329688920
Holy shit I always just thought you could only pick one
>>
>>329683457
No, there still like 1/3 of the game left after that. You wake up on the spirit world have have to come back to life and stuff
>>
File: 78scv.jpg (181 KB, 1012x693) Image search: [Google]
78scv.jpg
181 KB, 1012x693
No thanks, the current HOMOWARE will just make it into a gayshit like ME3
>>
>>329681947
I remember I rented this game and fucking loved it
idk why I never bought it. I felt really guilty for liking it for some reason
>>
I tried playing it once a year or two ago on a friend's Xbox and just couldn't get into it. Dat combat is just, well, poorly implemented like OP said. Doesn't help that the visuals have aged like milk. Is it worth giving another shot, PC version any good?
>>
>>329687412
This really, except that I haven't read the Outlaws so can't comment on that.
The only thing Jade Empire really had going for it was wuxia. It was a breath of fresh air after all the knights and wizards and it's a damn shame nobody made more big games in the setting. JE itself, plot and mechanic wise, was mediocre at best.
>>
Isn't it still free on Origin?
>>
>>329687412

I see you didn't get very far.
>>
>>329689237
>Is it worth giving another shot?
No, but not for the reasons you listed.

>PC version any good?
Yes, it's functional and doesn't crash.
>>
>>329689172
Nothing wrong with having a gay Shepherd. I had the sassiest, gayest Shepherd in the galaxy. High cheekbones, John Waters moustache, bleached hair and the sassiest comebacks he could muster. Was fucking great playing the entire series like that.
>>
>>329687412
I actually love how they addressed that, because 'yes' you were the chosen one, it made you feel special and powerful. Still that means nothing to a man with a plan and you were a piece on a board like everyone else.
>>
That shitty uninspired morality system though
>muh two different schools of thought
>its just good vs evil
>>
>>329689030
Feel better?
>>
>>329689730
>KotOR: Light Side vs Dark Side
>Jade Empire: Open Palm vs Closed Fist
>Mass Effect: Paragon vs Renegade

It's like poetry… It rhymes.
>>
>>329689378
It's Need for Cash now anon
>>
>>329689383
>but not for the reasons you listed.
Then why, anon? I usually like cheesy kung fu shit.
>>
>>329689501

gay shepard is an abomination, all that customization there isn't even an option to give his voice a lisp
>>
>>329681947
the plot was shit, as it was completely obvious the old evil looking master was evil from the moment everyone is introduced, and the only reason to discount how obviously evil he looks is "wait, is that racist?" Then you feel like an idiot later for letting PC bullshit color your perception.

Hell, if you want to go all out, you can say the fact the game turns that type of politically correct second guessing on it's ass is the reason everything about the game has been completely abandoned by bioware.

Also, like every bioware game, the sideplots and side characters are exponentially more interesting than the main plot/characters.
>>
>>329689730

Jade Empire probley put the most effort into having it's morality system try to not be Jesus vs Hitler, but it just completely shits its pants at the ending.
>>
>>329690149
I mean, the voice was pretty gay in the first place.
>>
File: 1452901208588.png (554 KB, 1228x1502) Image search: [Google]
1452901208588.png
554 KB, 1228x1502
>>329687846
Yeah Friday usually brings out the shit posters tbqh senpai
>>
>>329684130

You're full of shit, Jade Empire is actually good.
>>
>>329690110
Play it if you like contrived, linear Bioware RPGs, and have already played all of their other offerings. Better yet, watch the intro and the ending on youtube; all the middle bits are a slog.

If you like cheesy kung fu shit, probably best to stick to movies or at least a different genre of game.
>>
>>329685975

>Implying you saw that coming

It was one of the few times a video game twist actually caught me by surprise.
>>
>>329690308
But have you heard Shepard's Face's voice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSllh9ejW5Y
>>
>>329690172
>PC has anything to do with this
>>
>>329690576

>Implying KOTOR 2 is sh...

Wait...
You're pretty good.
>>
>>329690281
What are you talking about? It shits its pants every single time. It was never, not once, anything other than good vs baby-raping evil.
>>
>>329690750
>He disagrees with my terrible opinions
>He must be trying to bait me

KOTOR 2 is terrible and Obsidian as a company should have ceased to exist long ago with everyone who works there being blacklisted from the industry just like Tim Schafer is going to be.
>>
A whole language was created for this game. Holy shit so much effort put into on a failed franchise
>>
>>329690621
Fair enough, thanks anon.
>>
>>329690997
From what I understand it was just something one of the Doctors came up with as an idea and then got one of their buddies who was a Chinese linguist to do for them.

I miss the Doctors, they were awesome.
>>
>>329690870
There we go. That's the v I know and love
>>
>>329690681
Man. It's weird seeing mocapped faces in real life.
>>
FUCK I love this game. The music, atmosphere, voice acting all brought together a beautifully written story. Shame about the combat, though.
>>
File: poster_party_lg.jpg (158 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
poster_party_lg.jpg
158 KB, 540x960
>>329681947
>GAY EARTH
>>
>>329691849
And yet every queer/gay person I know uses gay as a negative descriptor constantly.
Including me
However I am not OP, though he is a faggot.
>>
>>329692220
Hey, what does cum taste like?
>>
>>329692952
Salty milk and bags of coins
>>
>>329692952
Well why don't you try it yourself? You have an endless source of the stuff at hand.
>>
>>329687426
>It's kind of like princess maker only instead of raising a daughter you are training up a kung-fu hero

That sounds fucking amazing
>>
File: poster_fag_lg.jpg (93 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
poster_fag_lg.jpg
93 KB, 540x960
>>329692220
>faggot.
>>
>>329692952
Like vagina, it depends on the person and their diet.
>>
>>329693447
>So what am I advertising?
>You're the fag that we want people to stop calling a fag and just that annoying guy, good job on the faggy look on your face.
>>
>>329693447
>tfw being a ginger and being used for a picture of an annoying guy

RIP.

Almost as bad as releasing a game like Jade Empire. At least no one actually played it, so it didn't tarnish Bioware's reputation.
>>
File: 1374336625744.jpg (365 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1374336625744.jpg
365 KB, 1280x720
>>329693447
>This is a guy who annoys you.

He is also a fag.
>>
>>329690841
>It was never, not once, anything other than good vs baby-raping evil.
Actually there was a single time where it worked right. Some side quest where you rescue some chicks from slavers. The Closed Fist choice has you let the victims kill the slavers themselves, and in doing so they vow to start training so that they can defend themselves when the need arises.

Literally the only time CF is anything beyond Hurr-durr evurr though.
>>
I didn't like it.
>>
>>329691849
>>329693447
Do these people really think these stupid posters will work on teenagers?
>>
>>329694489
I don't like you desu senpai.
>>
>>329694405
This and also arguably that part near the beginning where you choose whether to give the injured girl painkillers or an actual cure. Taking the Closed Fist option (giving her shitty painkillers that will only make her worse off in the long run) might just seem like generic asshat behaviour at first but the dialogue options that follow (and push you further into Closed Fist path) were actually pretty apt.
>>
>>329693447
>have a backbone
>do only what we decide for you

Do these people have zero self-awareness?
>>
One of the few good Twists in video games i've ever seen. I liked how it was foreshadowed with everyone commenting on your 'technique.'

Only downer i have with it is the morality system supposedly being ideologies but mostly boils down to good / evil.
>>
>>329696132
When you're attempting to establish a moral high ground, things like "self-awareness" become blurred.
>>
>>329696132
>everyone has a backbone
>if this was true, these posters wouldnt exist
>>
>>329693447
How do you know everyone's not having sex at that bottom party?
>>
>>329681947
They'd butcher it if they made it today
>homosexual grand master
>transgender demons
>"women do chinez betta"
>shit writing
>>
>>329697276
This, jade 2 would be dragon age 2
>>
>>329690681
He seems like a nice guy.
>>
>>329697007
I think they meant literally. Unless you're a slimebro.
>>
>>329681947
Dope game, I beat it like 6 times. That doesn't happen often for me.

>magic all the way
Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.