[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You know what? I'm cautiously hopeful. Yeah, it'll
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8
File: hqdefault.jpg (21 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
21 KB, 480x360
You know what? I'm cautiously hopeful.

Yeah, it'll most likely be shit, but there's at least a little evidence it might be alright.

First of all, the game takes place in a new location, and the aesthetic is nothing like the NSMB trash we got for SS and PJ. It actually looks new and fresh.

Second of all, the trailer said that Mario would "Search for clues" as to what caused the island's miserable fate. This obviously means that Bowser won't show up at the beginning of the game to be revealed as the silent, primary antagonist.

I dunno. I've learned to not have faith in Nintendo and my speculation is unhealthy and counter-productive, but I just can't help but hold on. Please help me /v/.
>>
>is optimistic
>has arguments why
>is ignored 'cause /v/, as a collective, hates it

oh /v/, never change.
>>
The story wasn't even my biggest problem with SS. It was that it was an adventure game platformer hybrid where there was no significant platforming and all the puzzles were "use bowling ball on bowling pins" shit.
>>
>>329679129
>still using the sticker mechanic

just fuck me up senpai
>>
I just want to know if colors have effects on the card or if it's just something pointless you do to use it. I liked Sticker Star but I certainly didn't want a sequel to be like it. I won't dismiss the game entirely until I know all the details
>>
>>329679521
He doesn't have arguments, he has naive delusions. Expecting good things from Nintendo at this point is like expecting a wild dog to not bite you.
>>
File: 480px-SSB4TrophyGoombella.png (192 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
480px-SSB4TrophyGoombella.png
192 KB, 480x480
Despite being in a different location, it's still inhabited by a bunch of common Toads from the looks of it. Hell, even after introducing a bunch of new enemies in Galaxy and 3D Land they still use the same cast of enemies.

Prism Island could have been a BittyBoop Island, but no, it has to be normal Toads.

I'm half convinced the entire land is some sort of Post Apocalyptic scenario where fungust people have infected the surface and Rougeport is a place where the remaining survivors congregate.

Paper Mario is Dead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-cdNgezswM
>>
I mean anything is possible.

The problem is that so many things from SS seem to be present, including a lack of NPCs that aren't toads, only one new character(and said character is tutorial man) and a lack of Bowser doing anything. The batte system has similarities but I dunno how the paint works so I won't condemn it yet.

The world map thing actually isn't an issue for me. I enjoyed the slight non-linearity SS had and feel that SMPRG's world map was fine. Paper Mario can certainly work as a more "exploration" filled game. There's nothing set in stone that CS will have issues like trial and error bosses, useless random battles, and literally zero plot at all.

That being said, I'm not expecting much from it. If it turns out good, I'll buy it. If its shitter star 2.0, I won't. All I can do now is wait.
>>
I'm optimistic because Sticker Star was better than SPM, and I assume this will be better than Sticker Star.

But we have a whopping 1 whole minute of footage and everyone thinks they know everything about the game.
>>
File: 91618.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
91618.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
It's already been confirmed that Bowser is the main bad guy. You can see Bowser Tape in the trailer

Buying this game will legit fucking KILL the Paper Mario franchise. We HAVE TO make this game flop.
>>
>>329680547
It's on the Wii U, it's practically guaranteed to flop anyway.
>>
I like the ink management system it seems to have
>>
>>329680537

What the fuck else do you need to see?

-Bowsers the villian
-The NPC's are all generic toads
-Empty, boring ass world
-Stickers are back. So the literally useless battle system is back.
-The "companion" is kersti 2.0
>>
>>329680937
>Ive already seen the whole game

Shitposter pls go.
>>
>>329679129
it's gonna be a good game. i hope it has a god tier ost like the rest of the paper mario games.

but le /v/ meme is to hate everything.

am i getting bamboozled here too?
>>
>>329680270
Kirby looks good, and Fates was pretty good censorship aside
>>
NEW footage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JeSNOlA0gE
>>
>>329680270
He has no style. He has no grace. This Kong has a funny face.
>>
File: 1452397444296.gif (600 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1452397444296.gif
600 KB, 200x200
>>329680401
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-cdNgezswM
the fucking ending
>>
>>329681012
You can infer things based on pedigree.

Which is what you are incapavle of because your taste is so fucking bad.

Please, please reply to me. I want to have fun with you.
>>
Well, 3D World was a big improvement over 3D Land, same with MK8 over MK7. I hope that they learned their mistakes with Sticker Star and made Color Splash a better game.
>>
>>329683645
To be fair, neither of those games were terrible. Especially MK7. But yeah, I'm optimistic.
>>
File: nice.png (314 KB, 1048x907) Image search: [Google]
nice.png
314 KB, 1048x907
>>329679129
>Disgusting degenerate generic toads
>Shitty combat system
>Enemies only drop coins
>The Nintendo Direct announced PM as an action-adventure game (kill me)
Just fuck my shit up senpai.
Paper mario is dead and Miyamoto killed him.
>>
File: 1453316765518.gif (6 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1453316765518.gif
6 KB, 250x250
More like TOILET PAPER MARIO, amirite?

It's a shame though. Why do they keep wasting this potential? Is it because it's cheap to make?
>>
>>329685809
Because IS doesn't want to make TTYD-like games anymore
>>
File: 1449104463024.jpg (1 MB, 906x1400) Image search: [Google]
1449104463024.jpg
1 MB, 906x1400
Not a Nintendofag here.

Why are people upset
>>
>>329687193
Paper Mario Sticker Star is seen as the weakest entry in the series. Removing mechanics and story from the series without replacing them with anything interesting. This game seems to be following in that games footsteps rather than doing what people actually come to the series for.
>>
>>329687193
Because the game is a follow up of the 3DS Paper Mario (Sticker Star, which, admittedly, was a badly designed game) instead of a new Paper Mario RPG, and obviously people can't learn from their mistakes and the SS similarities mean the game is destined to be irredeemable shit for whatever reason because improving flawed ideas isn't a thing.
>>
Paper Mario is repeating the exact same mistakes of the 3D Mario series.

3D Land (3DS) > 3D World (Wii U)
Sticker Star (3DS) > Color Splash (Wii U)

Nintendo is creatively bankrupt at this point.
>>
>>329680537
>Sticker Star better than SPM
As if I needed any proof that you're either shitposting or have fucking terrible taste.
>>
>>329688520
Except 3D Land and 3D World are actually good games.
>>
>>329688843
Subjective. They weren't bad but I definitely think they're worse than all the games that came before them. Same with the Paper Mario series.
>>
>>329687193
Solid to Acid. See what I'm getting at?
>>
>>329689023
Except Sticker Star isn't just a low point in the series, it's an objectively bad game.
>>
I know why /v/ hates this game. /v/ is full of scrawny 19 year old white guys, and whites tend to irrationally hate things they fear or don't understand.
>>
>>329689302
I don't think he was using > as greater than, more so as an arrow. So like Sticker Star -> Color Splash
>>
>>329689396
0/10.
>>
Why even add the battle system when it just gets in the way due to being useless in an "adventure" game? At least SPM knew that much.
>>
>>329690180
Beats me. Either do one or the other, not a weird hybrid of both that clearly didn't fucking work the first time.
>>
>Paper Mario
>NO EXP
>NO PARTNERS

why
>>
>>329690038
You know I'm right. You're probably white yourself, that's why you responded to it
>>
Check this 5
>>
At least it has a good soundtrack so far
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3irbsRozEk
>>
File: images (1).jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
9 KB, 225x225
>defending this
>>
I have the smallest, smallest glimmer of hope that they must know people fucking hated Sticker Star, and they wouldn't bring back all these stupid broken mechanics unless they made some attempts to fix them and make a better game from it.
But at this point, pretty sure it's not going to happen and we're just getting Sticker Star again.
>>
>>329690618
Sleep tight, Pizza
>>
>>329685809
Was that animated spite gif existed in the original Paper Mario 64?
>>
>>329690871
It's on the game over screen.
>>
>>329690728

IS doesn't actually give a fuck about PM. All they wanna do is keep shitting out Waifu Emblem dating sims.
>>
>fans ask for new metroid game
>fuck u here have coop shooter with RPG elements
>fans ask for new paper mario RPG
>fuck u here have paper mario puzzle game without RPG elements
why do people still support nintendo?
>>
>>329689396
Or, you know, because it looks like Sticker Star and Sticker Star was shit.
>>
>>329679129
>>329679956
The sticker mechanic isn't inherently flawed. All you gotta do is tweak the amount of stickers you get, and how effective they are, and you have a very engaging, quirky, item-management game staring Mario. What's wrong with that?

>there's a chance that lower enemies will drop super helpful stickers
Is it worth the risk of using your stickers? Up to you. If done right it will be similar to using your pokeballs to catch a pokemon, and we can all agree that that's exciting.
>one sticker does a lot of damage to one enemy, one does some damage to all.
Anyone who's played Dragon Quest 5 knows this can make for an engaging battle system that requires a lot of thought. Only here, everything is disposable and it forces you to think about it.

I'm not saying it's gonna be great, but this whole "the sticker mechanic doesn't work!!!" shit is stupid.
>>
Apparently the Japanese Direct stated that there's no experience points, just coins.
>>
>>329693297
Literally Sticker Star 2.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.