[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone used the PS Move to play arcade shooters like House
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7
File: playstation_move_ray_gun_1.jpg (38 KB, 600x438) Image search: [Google]
playstation_move_ray_gun_1.jpg
38 KB, 600x438
Has anyone used the PS Move to play arcade shooters like House of the Dead on PS3? Is it any better than using a Wii Remote?
>>
I have TC4 for the PS3 that used its own GunCon, not the PS Move but it works pretty damn well.
>>
>>329656859
Does it not work with any shooters except TC4?
>>
Wii Remote's more accurate, PS Move needs a rather decently sized TV for it to work efficiently. 24-27" isn't enough for it to extrapolate where you're aiming at accurately without some scaling.
>>
File: Time_Crisis_Razing_Storm.png (309 KB, 350x404) Image search: [Google]
Time_Crisis_Razing_Storm.png
309 KB, 350x404
>>329657910
TC4 stand-alone doesn't, but there was a re-release with two other light-gun games that did.
>>
>>329655209

Wii remote takes away from the gun immersion but is far more accurate.

The PS4 machine gun chassis is cool because you can use it as a pump action shotgun as well as a machine gun. HotD 3 + 4 are more fun with it.
>>
>>329655209
It's pretty great. I find it to work a bit better than Wii remotes in general. I picked up a pair of the gun shells and the sharp shooter, which was pretty fun for Killzone and stuff back in the day. I still crack out the guns to play the House of the Dead games with friends once in a while.
>>
>>329655209
i have one of those,
Used it for the DEAD SPACE game.
Started playing with it and then discarded it.

The trigger has a massive deadzone.
So you'll pull it all the way, to click at the very end of it.
like, All the trigger is, is a bit of plastic that travels all the way to the handle, And when it's pressed all the way in it presses the trigger on the MOVE Remote in.

It's horrible,
Oh yeah and then also, You have to calibrate it as you would be holding it. Calibrating it like you would aim down the sights is useless, you aren't going to hold the remote in that exact position forever and also when aiming at anything that isn't straight infront of you it fucks out.
just hold it in your hand like a remote.
>>
File: 5246910231_cc7f03b080.jpg (52 KB, 500x243) Image search: [Google]
5246910231_cc7f03b080.jpg
52 KB, 500x243
>>329659597
>machine gun chassis
this one?
>>
>>329659783

Mine's red but yes. I think it was designed with Killzone 3 in mind so you can move and aim.

The grip slides back and forth to reload in HotD3 and you can slap the bottom of the clip/magazine to reload like you just slammed it in like Kyle Reese. It's very gay... but a lot of fun.
>>
>>329660489
>you can slap the bottom of the clip/magazine to reload like you just slammed it in like Kyle Reese
That sounds fucking awesome. Can you reload like that in HotD?
>>
>>329660489
>clip
>>
>>329660616

Not that anon, but I also have one.

It's just a mappable button. You can do anything with it. HOTD has it mapped to reload already though.

I have HOTD Overkill, HOTD 3 and that Time Crisis game with Pirates of Dreadmore and some other game on it. All are decent fun. Great in co-op.
>>
>>329660734

I don't know the difference, don't care about the difference and put both in you useless fuck

>>329660616

I actually don't know but you could fake it by pointing off screen diong it and pulling the trigger and PRETENDING you did.

IMMERSION
>>
>>329661159
>>329661229
Cool. Do any of you have any of the smaller pistol sized guns that are more to size of arcade light guns? Any verdict on those?
>>
>>329661338
I have the OP pic and it's....ok. It's just a squishy trigger that just presses a piece of plastic up against the backside of the PS Move's trigger, so it's not as tactile feeling as one would like.

Also no easy access to the face buttons on top which a few games still use (like Dead Space Extraction).
>>
>>329661338

I have the Hand Cannon for HotD overkill on the wii - it's like an oversized magnum revolver and it very cool but kinda heavy after a while. The Wii zapper is shit.

As for the PS3 I haven't tried it but this anon:
>>329659701

has put me right off it. Plus it looks like a 50s sci fi laser pistol
>>
>>329661468
Wait, how does the machine gun one work? Does it connect via the controller's port or something?
>>
File: sharpshoot.jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
sharpshoot.jpg
14 KB, 480x360
>>329661592
Yeah, it connects to its bottom port.
>>
>>329661723
Guess I need that then. Thanks very much
>>
>>329661883
As far as toy gun things go it's rather solid, although a little heavy over time. Should be able to get it cheap.

Just wish the OP pic had a proper-ass trigger, and perhaps a working slide for reload + rumble feedback like some arcade lightguns.
>>
>>329662045
Same; I like pistols more since they are usually used for arcade light guns.
Tried doing some looking around but the machine gun (ps move sharp shooter) seems to be the only one worth a damn
>>
>>329662045
>>329662143

Fuck that reminds me of a Desert Eagle light gun I had for the PS2. The whole barrel slid back with every shot like it was ejecting a casing. Was pretty cool.
>>
>>329662143
It's a shame, since the Wii didn't have any decent options also, despite being the better system for old ass lightgun games.
>>
File: IMG_20151206_113606.jpg (69 KB, 439x439) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151206_113606.jpg
69 KB, 439x439
I recently bought a the camera, lightbulb, nav controller, and sharpshooter for about 25$its great that no one wants these and play HotD3,4, and TC4 on it.

The tracking is pretty bad.
I more or less move the gun proportionally to where i want the crosshair like a cursor rather than aiming.

Hotd 3 and 4 can keep the calibration reletively well but not sure how much lighting affects it because i had both amazing and horrible tracking under the same circumstances.

Time crisis on the otherhand has abysmal tracking where pointing off screen or moving the controller quickly will fuck it up.

Also stuff i didnt know until after i bought hotd
Hotd 3 doesnt have disable auto-reload even with sharpshooter. Even though pumping gets tiring after a while its still fun.

Hotd4 shake to reload isnt as sensative as arcade so you sorta have to flick your wrist rather than aim off screen.

Oh yeah, the sharpshooter is really front heavy so i attached a weight to the end of the stock to compensate.
>>
>>329662246
Those kind of light guns are the best. Was a Time Crisis machine (4 I think?) locally that had one along with the metal plate to stand on for cover and shit was dope.
>>
>>329662276
I didn't have an issue with TC4 but I was also playing on a 40" screen.

Main problem is getting some distance from the camera so it has a wider range to get its input from when it does its match from the video feed + the controller's gyro.
>>
>>329662276
how does PS Move tracking even work? Does it use the PS eye camera?
How big was your screen? I will be playing on a 42" TV
>>
>>329662276

Don't forget Overkill MUTHAFUCKA'
>>
>>329662276
I tend to find my aiming is fucked unless I use an onscreen crosshair, which kind of takes the fun out of aiming.
>>
>>329662464
It uses the eye camera to track the controller's lightbuld through voodoo magic

I use a 32" tv and my 20" monitor(when roommate uses tv)

A bigger screen probably helps because you can be farther away and subtle movements dont fling the crosshair, but as i said ive had good and bad experiences on both screens.

For reference:
32" tv i play about 3 meters away
20" monitor about 1.5 meters away
>>
>>329662972
Overall, would you say it gets the job done for a HOTD fix, or should I not even bother?
>>
File: 200 GLAD.png (531 KB, 497x732) Image search: [Google]
200 GLAD.png
531 KB, 497x732
>>329663192
Oh, whether or not the tracking works well, for the price these days, its fucking worth it!
>>
>>329663443
Yeah, I'm surprised to see PS Eyes are like $5 new. I thought when they were first released they were $50.
Guess I need to start ordering some shit now to reunite with HOTD4 semi-properly. Though it sounds like I shouldn't expect it to be much better than HOTD2/3/OK on the Wii...
>>
>>329663664

The bosses just got stupid by this point which is a shame because naming them after the Tarot cards was cool.

OK is better on the ps3 because: extra content (so I was told)
>>
>>329663764
Hmm, maybe it will be worth revisiting on PS3. Though I already bought it twice (the Wii and Typing of the Dead: OK, which included HOTD:OK).
>>
>>329663443
Also i should clairfy cause i might be using wrong words.
By "Losing tracking" i meant "lose calibration"

The game still knows im pointing but it might be up to the left from when i calibrated.

A trick i found to keep calibration longer was to aim from the height youre going to play on. I used to raise the gun as if aiming down sights to calibrate but played at just a shoulder's height so now i calibrate from shoulder height.
>>
>>329663764
OK is better on PC because of typing, despite it making bosses a joke.
>>
>>329663930
I see, will keep that in mind when I calibrate.
>>
>>329655209
i bought the move controllers + camera for $8.
got pretty much all the lightgun type games for it and its all pretty fun.

also, never had any problems with the tracking or anything. then again, i am playing it on a 50" TV screen.
honestly, i think its better than how the wiimote feels. not by much though.
>>
>>329659310
This package is great. Razing Storm is great. Deadstorm Pirates is great and Time Crisis 4 is great. Be careful not to confuse the "story mode" with Razing Storm. Arcade mode is what is you want, it's a great port of the arcade game.

Story mode is shit, a spinoff campaign with full 3d control. Has some pretty edgy lines that made me kek though.

Also has 16 player multiplayer... Don't do it.

Just pretend all this shit is not there. Treat it as fantastic ports of 3 great games.
>>
File: 1432238395510.jpg (18 KB, 267x395) Image search: [Google]
1432238395510.jpg
18 KB, 267x395
>>329664031
Well im going to bed, have fun with your new toy anon!
I know i did.
>>
>>329664168
thanks for your help, night
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.