[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where the DX12 games at?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: download (2).jpg (3 KB, 275x184) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
3 KB, 275x184
Where the DX12 games at?
>>
>>329655172
ashes of singularity was out for quite some time and gears of war ue is out
>>
Isn't CIA's game dx12?
>>
>falling for propietary microshit thats bad for every party when Khronos group (opengl) finally got thier shit together
We Vulkan now
>>
>>329655172
a very fine question
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPjUO2YSjn0
>>
>>329655172
https://www. reddit .com/r/Games/comments/48qwh5/leaked_list_of_possible_games_coming_to_windows/
>>
>>329655420

>gears of war
>premature abortion from 2006 with tacked on "dx12 and gameworks™ features"

Yeah, nah, AoS is the first and true dx12 game.
>>
Who cares. I'm just waiting for a new Nvidia driver to support Vulkan so I can test it out in the Talos Principle without having to roll back my drivers. Wonder what will be the first game built with Vulkan in mind. Could be Serious Sam 4.

>>329657736
I don't think GoW Ultimate has Gameworks. It seems like any time a game runs poorly on AMD cards it's GW's fault regardless of if the game actually uses it or not.
>>
>>329655172
It does nothing that 11 can't, just as win10 does nothing that 7 can't. Maybe in another couple of gen's it'll be worth it for devs to code
>>
>>329658038
>It does nothing that 11 can't

You don't know what you're talking about
>>
>>329658038
Both DX12 and Vulkan are lower level than DX11 is capable of and rely less on drivers. I'm glad that they're here but I don't want DX12 to succeed. I can't see that happening though. It'll be the same bullshit we have now with DX and OpenGL with DX being the most used for some inexplicable reason.
>>
>>329657889

GoW:UE uses HBAO+, which doesn't even work on AMD cards - artifacts and black squares everywhere.

The game is a mess, and everybody knows that. They just wanted to release it now because it will be known as "the first dx12 game and it doesn't even run on AMD", whereas in reality GCN stomps on every Maxwell card in real dx12 benchmarks.
>>
>>329656010
>it's all trash except for maybe scalebound and cia's game

win10 appstore is the next uplay; something you use every 8 years when they accidentally make a half decent game.
>>
>>329655172

>>
>>329658142
>with DX being the most used for some inexplicable reason.

developer laziness and bribes. vulkan doesn't stand a chance because the khronos group and valve think developers will use it out of good will instead of being paid off like developers expect. the worst part is you can make a game with it and the api works on everything.
>>
>>329658313
>GoW:UE uses HBAO+
Source? Because all I see in the menu is Ambient Occlusion: On/Off. And I don't think HBAO+ counts as Gameworks. There are plenty of games that use HDAO which doesn't work well on Nvidia cards like in Sleeping Dogs. Both companies have tech that is used in certain games, with some games using both. I mean fuck, Nvidia invented fxaa but a game using fxaa doesn't mean it's gimped by Nvidia on AMD cards.

I'm sick of these fucking posts claiming retarded shit and thinking AMD is some sort of dindu corporation.
>>
>>329658313
>GoW:UE uses HBAO+, which doesn't even work on AMD cards

Of course it doesn't, its nvidias special method whereas HDAO is AMD's special method.
>>
>>329658652

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/far-cry-primal-gears-of-war-ultimate-edition-game-ready-driver-released

It's not about who invented what, it's about how these technologies are used. AMD gives devs full access and freedom to use their tech however they want, nvidia does everything behind closed doors.
>>
>>329658826
I haven't seen any other pages saying anything like that. Some games Nvidia allows you to turn on HBAO+ through the control panel (like MGSV) and I would guess it's the same thing here. I don't think HBAO+ is used if you're using an AMD card.

And in any case, again, using a company's tech means jack shit. Sleeping Dogs for instance used HDAO which I still can't even use on my 970 without framerate drops. Stalker and Max Payne 3 support both HBAO and HDAO. You guys need to lay off your persecution complex, especially when DX12 is supposedly finally something AMD is good at and yet even if you turn off the AO in GoW Ultimate AMD cards are still shitting the bed.

Oh and what about that asynchronous computer that Nvidia can't take advantage of? Why is that not some dastardly scheme to sabotage the competition? You fuckers are the biggest hypocrites.
>>
>>329658826
>AMD gives devs full access and freedom to use their tech however they want, nvidia does everything behind closed doors.

And thats why is AMD hardware from poorfags for poorfags.
>>
>>329655172
Those shills wanted you for Windows 10.

Enjoy the botnet. Told you cunts.
>>
>>329659221
*asynchronous compute
>>
>>329659221

The thing is that in terms of GW titles AMD must fix the games themselves, by prying the code open when the game comes and adjusting their drivers because nvidia doesn't let the devs share source code.

Mind you, most of the GW titles ran like shit on AMD only in the first few weeks when AMD is making their drivers. That is also the time when most of the benchmarks come out, meaning AMD is shit and nvidia is god. If you look at FO4 benchmarks after the latest patches, AMD beats nvidia in almost all scenarios, and it's a GW title.

Now the problem with SD is that a) nvidia can't be arsed to fix the game because they don't see enough profit in doing that or b) the devs don't want to optimize the drivers because nvidia isn't paying them to do so.

TressFX works the same on nvidia cards right now as on AMD, because nvidia made the devs optimize the game for their cards.

Async compute is freely available to nvidia, but their hardware isn't made for that because they made the bet on dx11, and won, while AMD made the bet on Mantle, and lost.

AMD isn't always right, but most of the times it's the more consumer- and industry-friendly company.
>>
>>329659654
GoW Ultimate isn't a GW title. Even if it uses HBAO+ (which I don't think it does unless you're using an Nvidia card, and you might have to force it through the drivers) turning that off doesn't fix the performance issues for AMD, who supposedly are better at DX12 than Nvidia and even have hardware that is used by the API that Nvidia doesn't. And AMD isn't innocent of putting their tech in games that runs poorly on Nvidia as I've said. I don't even generally mind the GW shitposting but it's starting to annoy me that any game that runs poorly on AMD must be Nvidia sabotage even if there's no evidence of that at all. AMDfags have a persecution complex and are directing their anger at things that don't exist at this point.
>>
>>329657736
GoW is running in DirectX 11, actually.
>>
>>329655172
Forza games are coming
>>
>>329655172
It was all a marketing tool for Windows 10 and a way to stop Xbox fanboys killing themselves.
>>
File: dolphindx12.png (644 KB, 1357x555) Image search: [Google]
dolphindx12.png
644 KB, 1357x555
Right here in my gamecube emulator
>not running Windows 10
>not enjoying 50% performance boosts
s.m.h. t.b.h. f.a.m.
>>
>>329660695
Wow that's pretty fucking neat-o.
>>
>>329661301
hopefully Vulkan will bring that to Mobile and even WinXP
>>
>>329655172
DX12 is a meme
>>
DX12 and Vulkan aren't the way it's meant to be played™, so anticipate the move to new APIs taking as long as Nvidia can get away with keeping DX11 on life support.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.