[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"Every game has DLC or Amiibo locked content." -Nintendo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 9
File: look forward to it.jpg (178 KB, 660x350) Image search: [Google]
look forward to it.jpg
178 KB, 660x350
"Every game has DLC or Amiibo locked content." -Nintendo
>>
Amiibos are cancer.
>>
"Don't forget the five different controllers you need to enjoy all of the games, goyim."

-Nintendo
>>
>>329650904
>Every game has DLC
Like every other company ever you mean? It sucks, but Nintendo were the last ones to do it.

>>329651501
The hell are you talking about?
>>
"We only marked this product up at $80 because we BELIEVE you're paying for $80 worth of content" ~ Nintendo "Turtle Rock" Co.
>>
File: animal_xing.png (21 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
animal_xing.png
21 KB, 600x600
>>329651501

"We're putting SNES support on 3DS. Only for the NEW 3DS. Which I know you all own so its not a problem." -Bill
>>
it's the future you choose
>>
>>329651501
>shit that never happened
Really, the exact opposite is true. Wii U supports an insane amount of controllers, and all its games natively support the gamepad as a controller.
>>
>>329651501

On the Wii U, the base controller can play every game except original Wii games and the NES Zapper games. Which require the Wiimote.
>>
>>329651623

>"What's wrong with you"

NO. I refuse to believe Reggie said that on live direct footage.
>>
File: faggot.gif (55 KB, 480x225) Image search: [Google]
faggot.gif
55 KB, 480x225
Fucking NIDF out in force over a controller joke.
>>
>>329652346
>say something dumb
>act like it was a joke

Poe's Law is just a bitch, right?
>>
>>329651623
It's funny, because I can run SNES games perfectly fine on a DS flashcart. And I'll continue to do just that, because Nintendo's programming wizards can't seem to do that much with O3DS hardware
>>
File: no_slap.gif (2 MB, 302x209) Image search: [Google]
no_slap.gif
2 MB, 302x209
"We've been working on Federation Force since 2009 on the DSi."

It shows. I'm no graphics fag, but this design wouldn't have been acceptable even on the original DS. Just like Final Fantasy IV remake was stupid.
>>
>>329652943
>slaps boob
>grabs cheek
>>
>>329653046

>dats da joke
>>
Remember when Nintendo was the only company that didn't do DLC? Those were good times.
>>
>>329653709
They were. But you should be blaming all the retards that allowed DLC to happen.
>>
File: what_squid.png (120 KB, 430x425) Image search: [Google]
what_squid.png
120 KB, 430x425
>>329653709

>The Wii lacks a lot of good games, but has no DLC
>the Wii U actually has some damn good games, but all of them have locked content
>>
>>329652552
Last I checked SNES emulation on DS was pretty goddamn terrible. That was a long time ago, though.

What's the emulator of choice these days? I just grabbed a DS flashcart recently and I'd like to look into it.
>>
>>329653940
All fucking games have locked content nowadays. At least with the Amiibo thing you can reuse them in all games, so you don't have to pay for retarded colors in every new game just like how every other company does.
>>
>>329654190
People who aren't 7 years old don't want to buy fucking Amiibos.
>>
>>329654389
You sound very insecure.
>>
File: 1456477401853.jpg (89 KB, 840x595) Image search: [Google]
1456477401853.jpg
89 KB, 840x595
There was a time not too long ago when people actually used this image unironically to shame publishers and other companies on their DLC practices.

The same image now has the opposite effect, it's quite funny.
>>
Why do you insist on lying on the internet to people you don't know?
>>
>>329654504
>things that never happened
>quotes taken out of context

>>329654389
Clearly they do since collectors and scalpers are a thing. Luckily I can play the games without amiibos and miss out on absolutely nothing anyway.
>>
>>329654190
>paying for colors
>>
>>329654504
That's what happens when you go from getting a royalty cut on 950 million units of software for DS to less than 300 million for 3DS.

It's easy to talk a big game until your revenue streams start looking shaky.
>>
>>329654829
I know it's stupid, but people do that shit.
>>
File: nofun_allowed.jpg (96 KB, 448x473) Image search: [Google]
nofun_allowed.jpg
96 KB, 448x473
>>329654190

>All fucking games have locked content nowadays.
They actually don't. But even if most high budget companies are using DLC and exclusives, that doesn't excuse Nintendo from doing it. They used to be unique because they were the only major company who wasn't doing it. And even used that as a selling point for games on the Wii. We didn't even get game patches on Smash Bros Brawl because of Nintendo's insistence of no DLC or patches. And now suddenly, every game is doing it.

Fans who have been following Nintendo for more than 8 years have a right to complain about their massive shift to DLC.

>At least with the Amiibo thing you can reuse them in all games, so you don't have to pay for retarded colors in every new game just like how every other company does.
Except as this direct shows, there's tons of DLC outside of the Amiibos. The shit they're trying to pull with FE: Fates makes Assassins Creed or Final Fantasy look tame.
>>
>>329654992
>We didn't even get game patches on Smash Bros Brawl because of Nintendo's insistence of no DLC or patches
That wasn't by choice, the Wii wasn't able to do it. It lacked the storage especially for game patches to ever be feasible. I'm not sure where you got this idea that it was the developer's choice to not roll out any DLC or patches, or even bugfixes.
>>
>>329654992
Sure, you can complain. I don't like it either, just don't pull out an "it's only not ok when Nintendo does it"
The Videogame industry is going to shit. At least their online is still free.

>The shit they're trying to pull with FE: Fates
What, the Pokemon thing that Pokemon has been doing for 20 years or the extra maps with extra character bits that's legit DLC?
>>
>>329655571

Most patches are a few MB big. And Smash Bros Brawl already took half the storage space of the Wii just with the save file. They could have put less emphasis on the Space Emissary and saved that room for patches/updates. Which is exactly what they did with Smash 4, despite the system having 1000x more storage space.
>>
>>329655636

>Sure, you can complain. I don't like it either, just don't pull out an "it's only not ok when Nintendo does it"
Okay, I won't.

>What, the Pokemon thing that Pokemon has been doing for 20 years or the extra maps with extra character bits that's legit DLC?
Splitting the game into two versions, then having $20 DLC story added on top. Plus the map DLC. This is approaching Theathrythm FF levels of DLC exploitation.
>>
>>329656068
>then having $20 DLC story added on top
That's legit pretty shitty, I agree. Still, you get an artbook with the special edition, so that's not super pricey. If you can get it, that is.
The DLC maps are just that. You can pretty much ignore them.
>>
>>329653046
The game's sprites are goofy in that they're like, interacting with each other, but they're all facing you. It's stupid.
>>
>>329656883
That doesn't excuse the fact that she doesn't even hit her in the face. Or how she grabs the other cheek.
>>
>>329653940
It's funny because it's the opposite.
>>
>>329657058

>Wii games
>DLC
>>
>>329657334
The Wii U library is mediocre. It's like another N64, only without the genre defining games and 3rd party support.
>>
slow poke here, i just saw the entire thing. that was pretty boring, the only tthing i'm hyped for is MHX and i already knew it was coming to the west.
>>
>>329657525

>It's like another N64, only without the genre defining games and 3rd party support.
The N64 had even less third party support. And the Wii also has some genre defining games like Mario Galaxy, Xenoblade or Muramasa.

Your point would have worked better if you just said 'I didn't like the games'.
>>
>>329657525
t. Someone that hasn't played a single wii u game
>>
>>329658195
>The N64 had even less third party support.
I really am talking to Gamecube kids. Jesus.
>>
>>329658287

Prove it wrong. EA alone has 20 games that sold over a million units on the Wii. And some 65 games total released on the Wii. And that was just one company.

Whereas there was less than 400 games released on the N64 total. Nintendo or otherwise.
>>
File: what_girl.jpg (38 KB, 362x346) Image search: [Google]
what_girl.jpg
38 KB, 362x346
>>329657525

>N64
>third party support
>>
>>329650904
SEASON
PASS
FUCK
FUCK
>>
>>329652552
of course they could do it
but then less people would buy NEW new 3DS
>>
>>329652552
>I can run SNES games perfectly fine on a DS flashcart

Don't fucking lie, m8. SNES and Genesis emulation are horrible on the DS. Resolution issues aside, most games run like complete shit.

Even the PSP is more serviceable for SNES emulation.
>>
So when are Phillips finally killing Nintendo?
>>
>>329651562
Yea before that you had to buy the mirror and the rehashed then the rerehashed versions to enjoy new/exclusive "content". Oh what's that? You still do? Lel
>>
>>329662445
What the fuck are you even talking about?
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.