[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been playing Twilight Princess and I don't get
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
File: IMG_8095.jpg (1 MB, 3072x2304) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8095.jpg
1 MB, 3072x2304
I've been playing Twilight Princess and I don't get all the hate. It's better than Wind Waker by far.

Probably the best 3d Zelda
>>
It's my favorite. I assume most people can't stand how slow the first few hours are, understandably. It's got some great characters and development, plus the level design is pretty good.
>>
>>329650407
bump
>>
>>329650407
The Arbiter's ground was super cool.

I didn't like the overworld because it felt cramped and uninteresting.

Not enough characters, either. Didn't feel like exploration was that useful.
>>
OOT>TP>TWW>SS>MM
>>
Half of them are good and half of them are shit. TP is in the good half. Don't care where it ranks in it.

zelda 1, LttP, OoT, MM, WW, TP, LA, MC, and LBW are the good ones.

Rest are shit.
>>
Nintendo should go with the more realistic look again.
>>
>>329650592
>>329651675
>>
>>329650407
I think wind waker was brilliant but I didn't like tp.
The dungeons were good but the overworld was meh, forcing us to play as the wolf, the dark tone of the game and those annoying wolf battles killed it for me.
Skyward sword is the worst ive played tp after. Both using the wii remote kills it for me too
But that is my opinion
>>
>>329652023
>>
>>329651105
forgot oracles
>>
>>329650407
>I don't get the hate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H35cDKGDgU
>>
>>329650407
as a kid i used to prefer wind waker
now i prefer tp
best combat, some of the best dungeons (tied with ocarina's)
a true attempt at a cinematic story, zant was cool before he went apeshit/ganon's puppet
>best final dungeon in the entire series
>horseback riding while swinging sword
>bug catching (i liiked it)
>ice puzzles, iron boots gravity, double clawshots, spinner, time tennis ball orb, so many cool ideas
>>
>>329652773
TP isnt new anymore fuckface.
>>
>>329652883
>best final dungeon in the entire series
wew

>horseback riding while swinging sword
nowhere to use it

>bug catching (i liiked it)
pointless busy work

>iron boots gravity
walking upside down at 1mph isnt fun

>double clawshots
wooooooow

>spinner
nowhere to use it

youve convinced me GOTYAY
>>
>>329652884
rereleased fuckface
>>
>>329653153
Learn your memes Zelda cycle doesnt even apply to remakes or handheld games. Fuck out my board newfag.
>>
>>329650407
I love the TP dungeon design.

Snowpeak Ruins is amazing
>>
the best 3d zelda is OOt/MM

MM / OOt >> WW >>>TP
>>
>>329653153
Then explain why people are hating on MM3D and TPHD, the most recent Zelda releases. Lmao
>>
>>329653426
meant to reply to
>>329653239
>>
>>329653426
People hated TP then and they hate it now because HD is the exact same game.

MM3D got a bad rap for making too many unneeded changes because it was perfect before.
>>
File: 1408053184262.jpg (219 KB, 866x869) Image search: [Google]
1408053184262.jpg
219 KB, 866x869
>>329650407

-The levels were too long and too bland, either big repetitive circles stacked on top of each other (Water Temple) or making you do the most backwards paths and puzzles to get to the most simple area (the Ice Mansion)
-Tons of fucking sliding block or other 'puzzles'. In my opinion sliding block or memory puzzles do not belong in an action game. They don't belong in Resdient Evil and they don't belong in Zelda.
-Link swings his sword like a fucking mace instead of slashing and stabbing like a sword is suppose to. And why does it take 5-7 hits to kill things that would have taken 2-4 in other games?
-Every fucking NPC talks forever. And makes me do some forced side quest that is just busy work.
-The overworld is worse than the sea or air in the other Zelda games by far. The few places there are to explore are in the actual towns and zones outside Hyrule Field like the Village, Death Mountain, Zora's Domain and etc. Hence why they give you a warp to skip going back to the Overworld.
-The music, aside from a handful of songs, is the most bland in the series.
-The wolf segments drag on and Link is even weaker as a Wolf, making enemies that take 4-5 hits with a sword take 5-8 hits to kill, on TOP of having to do the stupid timing and black zone shit. Just more junk to stall the game and combat to make it seem more complex when it really isn't.
-Link howling out old OoT songs and talking to his dead ancestor to learn new moves could have been done much better. And what makes it worse is most of it can be skipped entirely, making it feel like a pointless side quest.
-There's little motivation to keep going on aside from wanting to get to the next Midna cutscene.
>>
File: 1456557432563.png (255 KB, 555x555) Image search: [Google]
1456557432563.png
255 KB, 555x555
>>329650582
Awesome, people who share my opinion. This is good. I loved most things about that game, but most of /v/ acts like they would rather die than play it again.
>>
>>329650407
I like it. Beginning is way too slow though, it picks up after Lake Hylia in my opinion.

Also the artstyle is atrocious at times.
>>
>>329653760
I demand more midna hips
>>
>>
File: 1337566782588.jpg (24 KB, 698x672) Image search: [Google]
1337566782588.jpg
24 KB, 698x672
>>329653760
>There's little motivation to keep going on aside from wanting to get to the next Midna cutscene

I feel sorry for you my friend. Seriously, as a fan of Zelda my guts churned a little reading that last line.
>>
>>329654706

I've been a fan of Zelda since 1986. And that's precisely why I find Twilight Princess to be tied with Phantom Hourglass as the worst game in the series. It spits on everything I want a Zelda game to be.

Zelda used to be about open ended exploration and NPC interaction over story. Now its just a series of cutscenes with dungeons in between. And more focus is put on lore than anything else. For fuck sake, Twilight Princess as a game is entirely about connecting Ocarina of Time to Aonuma's games.
>>
>>329655274
>what i want it to be

Theres your problem you selfentitled cunt
>>
>>329655498

>I accept anything with the Zelda logo stamped on it, no questions asked
I found your problem.
>>
>>329655680
>implying interesting characters was a thing before ALTTP

Get out
>>
>>329655274
Anon you're responding to here, there's so much NPC interaction in Twilight Princess though. Fuck, the ghosts you can listen to as wolf Link, and the animals you can talk to.

One of your complaints if that was your post earlier, was that every NPC talks forever. What the fuck?
Can you honestly tell me that the boss battle against Ganondorf at the end of Twilight Princess didn't give you a videoerection?
>>
>>329656094

>there's so much NPC interaction in Twilight Princess though.
In a way, yes. In fact, the game has the largest amount of NPCs in any Zelda thus far. But that's also one of its faults. 90% of the NPCs just consist of a random character who gives you a fetch quest. And then you go do it.

Having a few fetch quests is fine. Most Zelda games do this. Going as far back as Zelda 2. But the past games usually had one main fetch quest and a couple NPCs who ask you to get an item. In Twilight however, that one mechanic becomes the overwhelming focus of the game. Every new zone you visit has a series of fetch quests you need to do to unlock the next dungeon. And most of the optional NPCs, from the Goron child to the little kids to even the fucking cat, ask you to go find a random item and bring it back. When you end up doing 200 fetch quests in one Zelda game, it gets old. I might as well just play a 3D Mario if I'm just collecting stuff.
>>
>>329656770
Yes it does have it's share of fetch quests if you want to call them that, but I personally never felt pulled out of the immersion of the game to think "I'm doing a lot of fetch quests here."

It looks to me like you were searching for things to dislike about this game as you played it, specifically where you said

>Link swings his sword like a fucking mace instead of slashing and stabbing like a sword is suppose to. And why does it take 5-7 hits to kill things that would have taken 2-4 in other games?
To me the number of hits it takes to kill something feels like something that would only bother you if you were already angry at the game, or at yourself maybe which I can relate to as it's much harder to objectively enjoy a video game once your innocent childhood years are behind you.

>-The wolf segments drag on and Link is even weaker as a Wolf, making enemies that take 4-5 hits with a sword take 5-8 hits to kill, on TOP of having to do the stupid timing and black zone shit. Just more junk to stall the game and combat to make it seem more complex when it really isn't.

>-Link howling out old OoT songs and talking to his dead ancestor to learn new moves could have been done much better. And what makes it worse is most of it can be skipped entirely, making it feel like a pointless side quest.

These as well, I can't relate to not enjoying the wolf combat with Midna riding on your back and being flung around unceremoniously as you rip the monsters' throats out, or especially learning sick sword techniques from OoT Link.
>>
>>329658115

Please don't use the nostalgia card. it forces me to just claim 'you only liked it because it was one of your first Zelda games' card.

Second of all, if I was looking for a reason to hate the game, I wouldn't have bought a Wii at launch just to play it. You do realize people can actually give a game a chance or be hyped for a game, then be disappointed. Right? Happened for many a game last gen. Ni no Kuni, Little King's Story, Assassins Creed III, etc.
>>
>>329658371
What? I don't see why you're bringing up nostalgia here. My first Zelda was Ocarina, and Majora's Mask since it took me so long to finish either one of them that I played them side by side. If I wanted to play that card I'd say my first was A Link to the Past probably.

Of course I understand dissapointment after hype in a game. To keep it related to this thread I was hugely disappointed in Skyward Sword, (not that that's surprising) but I had hoped it would be as open world as Windwaker but in the skies.

I do have to admit though that Twilight Princess' callbacks to Ocarina of Time probably played a large part in my infatuation with the game.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.