[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which Dark Souls game is the best and why, night crowd editi
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8
File: dark souls 3.jpg (121 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
dark souls 3.jpg
121 KB, 1280x720
Which Dark Souls game is the best and why, night crowd edition:

http://strawpoll.me/6988488

Demon's Souls
Dark Souls
Dark Souls II
Bloodborne

I know I'm in the minority but I say Dark Souls II just due to the item variety and content amount
>>
File: hitbox.gif (967 KB, 294x233) Image search: [Google]
hitbox.gif
967 KB, 294x233
They need to keep the hitboxes the same
>>
File: terrific_frodo.gif (1024 KB, 184x141) Image search: [Google]
terrific_frodo.gif
1024 KB, 184x141
>>329650058
>Demon's Souls
>Dark Souls
>Dark Souls II
>Bloodborne
>>
Bloodborne shouldn't be included since it is an exclusive and most fans can't even play it
>>
>>329650298
>thinking you can escape a command grab
>>
BB = DaS > DeS > DaS2

Dark Souls 2 is at the bottom of the list but I still thought it was a good game. BB would've been the best but suffers from shitty multiplayer and low build variety (alleviated by the DLC, but there's of course a price barrier and all the new weapons aren't attainable until you actually enter the new area [which is designed to be endgame])

If DaS3 has combat and level design as fluid as BB it'll easily be the best out of the series
>>
>>329650563
>Demon's Souls
>>
>>329650298
That person didn't dodge it. Period.

It wasn't even a hitbox issue. It's just that DS2 has shitty transition animations in general.

Case and point the lava lizards.
>>
File: 928.jpg (21 KB, 311x310) Image search: [Google]
928.jpg
21 KB, 311x310
>>329650058
>I know I'm in the minority but I say McDonalds just due to the item variety and content amount
>>
>>329650058
Dark Souls because thats the one I played
>>
>>329650856
>literally dodging as the bland lows
>fucks his shit anyway

How do blind people post?

Do we have braille /v/?
>>
>>329651093
>bland lows

What the fuck just happened
>>
>>329650058
>Dark Souls
A much better world than DS 2 and feels more comfy
DS 2 didnt feel right due to teleportation early and you not feeling as alone as ds 1
demon souls i dont like ether because of lack of item variety
>>
File: Yes.jpg (307 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Yes.jpg
307 KB, 1920x1080
Replaying Dark Souls in anticipation for 3 and oh boy am I rusty.

Also, as saddening as it sound, the game is nowhere as fun as it used to be, I replayed it too many times.

I don't know if I should replay Dark 2 as well. On a side I kinda want to, but on the other the mere thought about tracking enemies makes me sweat.
>>
>>329650563
agreed, not because I'm PCuck but it won't get a fair representation
>>
>>329650058
It's the same every fucking time. Stop making these threads you thunderous faggot.
>>
>>329651276
I like how in Dark Souls 2, none of the characters are even from there. Lucatiel, Benhart, Pate, Creighton, Saulden, Licia, that old sorcerer guy, the petrified chick, the blacksmith, his daughter, that whiny guy who sells clothes, the ladder guy, Vengarl, the blue apostle leader, the invasion leader, and even Nashandra herself, none of them are form Drangleic. It's like a bunch of people who saw a country so fucked up they just had to go and pillage it. The only person who is from there would be Shanalotte and the cat. I also like how the female NPC's were suggestive.
>>
File: Demon's Souls yurt.jpg (212 KB, 419x591) Image search: [Google]
Demon's Souls yurt.jpg
212 KB, 419x591
>>329650058
Played only DeS and DaS, going to buy DaS2 and 3 when they'll go on a sale.

I liked DeS the most, because I felt it had the fastest gameplay of all three Souls games. Its setpieces, world design were also superior. You just can't beat 3. And 1's architecture actually felt like a real castle unlike almost everything in DaS, where in Anor Londo and Sen's Fortress you felt like most of the things you see were thrown there haphazardly. The layout just plain doesn't make sense, though duality between Giants and Humans shown was clever and complemented the lore, I give it that.
In Nexus, you felt like you and all these people are in this shit together. This sense of unity (even if most people there were ready to kill each other) wasn't there in other games.
And MiB best levelupfu
>>
I hate how "The flow of time is convoluted" was used in Dark 2 and even in the dlc for 1. At first, if you consider the context Solaire uses it, I thought it was just an in-lore explanation of why you could teleport to different dimensions where the timeline is not necessarily as yours (aka, the other player doing different shit from you).
>>
>>329652297
Looking back at it, DeS' world 1-1, 1-2 and 2-1 are some of the most well designed areas in the whole series and are practically perfect.
>>
>>329652567
2-1 sucks, there's just mining guys everywhere and tight corners. It's not that good.
>>
>>329652297
>And MiB best levelupfu
this
and i agree with the rest of your post too
>that voice
>so the world might be mended...
hnnngggg
i also loved how the npc's affected the lives of other npc's in the nexus (like yurt)
and man were the designs for 3-2 FUCKED UP. those gargoyles, those creepy leech head things. incredible game. very underrated.
>>
>>329652297
I'm envyous for Demon's fans. At least their game is almost unknown even to the so claimed "soulsborne community" (soulsborne? Fucking seriously?) and they can avoid 99% of the shitposting.

Tower Knight best reveal in the series.

https://youtu.be/9piElENpvmM
>>
>>329652665
2-1 follows the same design philosophy as 1-1 but makes the enemies move and attack harder but slower. It was a bit more constricted but I feel like it did a good job of teaching the player how to deal with multiple enemies without throwing them to the wolves.
>>
>>329652926
>without throwing them to the wolves.
IRONICALLY THERE'S LOTS OF DOGS

But talking seriously, I think 4-1 is much better, the atmosphere with the constant stress of those tentacle ice cream men is fantastic.
>>
>>329653013
>IRONICALLY THERE'S LOTS OF DOGS
I was actually going to mention that in the post, I liked the dogs being there to chase new players who tried killing the miners without noticing the dog and get mobbed, when they try to run away they likely get killed by the dogs. 4-1 (all of world 4 really) was amazing as well and very hard for a first time player.
>>
File: 1449238662898.webm (2 MB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
1449238662898.webm
2 MB, 768x432
>>329650298
I agree
>>
>Dark Souls 2 - 6 votes

Just HOW fucking shitty does your taste have to be to choose it?
>>
File: 1382865650357.jpg (266 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1382865650357.jpg
266 KB, 1024x768
>>329655925
it's probably only souls game they have played.
>>
>>329650563
And what is demons souls?
>>
Dark Souls 1 is by far my favorite and I adore the atmosphere of the game but I wonder if it's because it was my first Souls title and if I would've liked DeS better if I had played it first
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.