[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best Worms game, /v/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6
What's the best Worms game, /v/?
>>
now, some people will say revolution

just know that theyre wrong. Completely and entirely wrong. World Party is OBJECTIVELY the best
>>
>>329649168
The thing about worms as a series is that they perfected it long ago and there is not much at all that could be used to improve its gameplay beyond more shit like weapons and such and even then that isn't much at all
>>
>>329648975
WORMS 3D
this was my brothers' favorite game as young teenagers
>>
My penis
>>
I'd say Worms 3D, but Worms 2: Armageddon is the best one
>>
That real time top-view shooter one that was actually a worm virus
>>
worms Armageddon is the best by far. anyone who doesn't agree is a worthless faggot who knows nothing about the series
>>
Armageddon, all the new ones have been horrible cash grabs with broken online and its pretty depressing actually

I just wanted to play worms, team. Fuck all of you.
>>
File: bestworms.gif (59 KB, 635x400) Image search: [Google]
bestworms.gif
59 KB, 635x400
>>329648975
This one.
>>
>>329650023
This, armageddon was the best, and damn some of those challenges were hard
>>
Armageddon.
>>
File: worms.jpg (41 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
worms.jpg
41 KB, 1440x900
Armageddon has the most functionality, moddability, and community
>>
>>329650291
this guy gets it
>>
Armageddon or world party. 3d titles don't interest me and new games seem to lack content. It's the problem of every old series like worms and HoMM, they improve graphics but cut out more important content like maps, factions, characters etc. Worms revolution feels like demo version compared to armageddon and world party. Same thing with HoMM 6 and 7 compared to third one.
>>
All I wanted out of a 3d Worms game was turn-based Red Faction goodness. What you got instead was a clunky mess with weapons that were a pain in the ass to use.
>>
File: 23423423.jpg (267 KB, 1024x1479) Image search: [Google]
23423423.jpg
267 KB, 1024x1479
>>329649673
>Worms 3D
This man speaks the truth

Although on Steam they put it as Ultimate Mayhem
>>
>>329649168
Got it in one.
>>
>>329649168
>World Party is OBJECTIVELY the best
Armageddon does everything(including wormpot) better, with more customization, more control over various aspect of the game, a better community(WWP basiclally has none), better support, better online, best modes which are currently not even replicable in WWP.
>>
>>329649673
>>329653032
>3D
>best worms

Underageban
>>
>>329653032
>Although on Steam they put it as Ultimate Mayhem
Ultimate Mayhem is basically Worms3d+Worms4 in one package.
>>
Worms Forts Undersiege
Worms 4 Mayhem
>>
>worms 2
>worms armageddon
>worms world party

they're essentially the same game anyway
>>
Does anyone here play multi? Or have a steam group for it?
>>
>>329648975
armageddon nigga
armageddon
>>
>>329653374
Worms 2 is basically only the engine with little to no options
Worms Armageddon is the best.
Worms World Party was born as Sega wanted a Worms game for the Dreamcast with online fnctonality, so T17 took Armageddon, tweaked it a bit without changing much, only missions and training, added online.
After little time Armageddon got online too on PC, and WWP became redundant on PC, especially since Armageddon already had a pretty big fanbase.
Plus, Armageddon continued(and still does) receiving updates and fixes, with lots of additions and tweaks, both by the current mantainers(Deadcode and Cybershadow, T17 doesnt touch the game anymore and literally left it in their hands) and the community.
As of now, Armageddon and WWP are so different that the only advantage WWP has is wormpot and different missions, but wormpot features can now be replicated in Armageddon too, and missions aren't the core of the game anymore since everyone plays online against others/freinds.

Armageddon and WWP were essentially the same game, but now WWP is an abandoned and redundant branch of an old and outdated version of Armageddon.
>>
>>329654008
Any word on Armageddon ever getting built-in scripting support? It was something Deadcode wanted years ago to replace the need for ProjectX.
>>
>>329654360
Technically, built-in scripting support is a planned feature of 4.0, but...one of the last times(not sure if it's the very last though) Cybershadow said anything about 4.0 was this:
"One thing I'd like to add is a reminder that HostingBuddy and related technologies[*] are all just a stepping stone until we can integrate them all into the game itself. So although things like HB scheme settings may make their way as the defaults for 4.0 or whatever the respective version will be, many other aspects will be obsolete, so we shouldn't spend a disproportional amount of effort on such things."

[*] He's referring to wormkit modules such as rubberworm and some features of teststuff.

No idea about Deadcode, but generally 4.0 is still a thing they want to happen, even if they never said much about how much progress they made(there's a site showing progress percentage, but it's not been updated since years)
Can't find the source, but i remember one of them saying that some of the current features only available via wormkit modules will be in 3.7.2.2, so i'd take that as some sort of confimation that there will be at least one more update before 4.0, even if its more probable that there will be more than one.
>>
>>329655313
forgot to say, that quote is from a post Cybershadow made on July 30 2015
>>
armaggedon is my favorite
>>
>tfw used to play with armageddon with /v/
i miss you fags but you had to mirate to some other chans
;_;
>>
>>329657674
>you had to mirate to some other chans
Really? Where?
Are you THAT-Worm, or you know who he is?
>>
File: johnny.jpg (21 KB, 222x215) Image search: [Google]
johnny.jpg
21 KB, 222x215
fort under siege
>>
>>329657909
im the very same guy
to think i would be called out like this
who am i talking to?
>>
>>329658154
No time to talk right now, gotta go, but...make a worms thread anytime after 8PM CET and i'll be there, trying to gather other people
>>
>>329658850
bah i can try, just dont expect anything especially since nofun 2.0 is gone
>>
>>329659109
>nofun 2.0 is gone
Not the same anon you replied to, but...what's nofun 2.0?
>>
>>329648975
World Party
>>
>>329653214
I thought Armageddon didn't have wormpot
>>
>>329659380
a scheme i thought up, think "loadout" and game settings, but also a few "rules" which was loosely followed
13 seconds per turn
5 minutes per match
1 hp sudden death

weapons/items: close to intermediateibut everything had limited supplies and i supplemented with with super sheep and a few other goodies
the "rules" were simply to smack the guy at the top of the scoreboard and try not to hit lowest, not enforced but dicks was BTFO very often
>>
>>329659494
It doesn't, but almost all of the functions can be recreated in Armageddon manullay editing the settings and with specific settings of rubberworm(a wormkit module).

>>329659610
I think I played that, and if I did, I should still have the replay files in my install folder, so I could extract the scheme from there
>>
>>329659852
without the uploading it to wsdb hostingbuddy cant use it
hosting stuff on your own end can be rather unreliable
>>
>>329659965
Yeah i know, I extracted the scheme and tried to upload it, obviously said it already exists, so scheme 4154 should be it
http://wsdb.fullwormage.com/4154
18 seconds per turn though, not 13.
Anyway, anything can be changed, so there shouldnt be any problem.
>>
>>329660658
>the casual version uploaded
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

we only did 18 because some people couldt handle the pressure but when said people was gone then back to 13
>>
>>329660790
Tried changing the time to 13 and upload it to see if it already existed, and it didnt so it uploaded as a new scheme, 6200
http://wsdb.fullwormage.com/6200
So i guess there were other changes, if you remember what you changed from the casual version you can just work it up from this one.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (21 KB, 273x273) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
21 KB, 273x273
worms world party
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.