[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>announces new zelda >gets delayed and never releases
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5
File: logo.jpg (29 KB, 807x300) Image search: [Google]
logo.jpg
29 KB, 807x300
>announces new zelda
>gets delayed and never releases

>announces new star fox
>it's an N64 clone

>announces new metroid
>it's a multiplayer 3ds title with no samus and chibi artstyle

>announces new paper mario
>they don't even pretend its an rpg anymore

>announces new f-zero
>???

how will they fuck it up, /v/?
>>
They slow it down for casuals and a motion control gimmick.
Also pander to Smash memes
>>
File: image.jpg (119 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
119 KB, 500x500
>>329644695
>people ask for Starfox game that's more like 64
>finally get said game
>then complain that it's too much like 64

Why?
>>
>>329645367
By that, they meant a simple rail shooter; no on-foot sections, no Zelda-like adventure game. They didn't literally mean Star Fox 64-2, now with more gimmicks
>>
>>329645681
There's cool boss battles
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbm3ylIlFKw
>>
>>329645367

I think the problem is that they mimicked Star Fox 64, but forgot to get down what was so good about it. For one, levels are slowed down to a crawl so as to not give the kids any seizures. It's gotta be safe and sterile for 10 year olds.

Also, enemy selection and variety are nonexistent. At most, 2-3 enemies will occupy the field.
>>
>>329645367
Listening to the vocal minority has never been a good idea.
>>
>>329645926
that boss design looks very Platinum.
>>
>>329646156
so why should they listen to what you guys say?
>>
>>329646415
Because they want sales. Or at least you would think. Instead they make a game pandering to 64 manchildren who won't even buy it because it's not 64.
>>
>>329645367
No one wanted it to have the visual fidelity of an N64 game.
>>
>>329646752
You misunderstood me. You guys ARE a vocal minority whether you like it or not.
>>
>Platinum game with no combos only shooting and forced gyro controls

Sounds bad
>>
>>329647082
>m-muh combos
>>
>>329647156
That's all they can do well. Remove the combat system from a platinum game and you have nothing
>>
>SFZero is an SF64 clone meme

SHUT THE FUCK UP
I WANT TO DRAG EVERY PERSON THAT SPOUTS THIS FUCKING IGNORANT MEME INTO THE STREET AND SHOOT THEM.

SF64 was mostly on-rails, and very rarely went into All-Range Mode. There was nothing to slow the game down like the fucking robot and the Gyro Wing, or the ridiculous looking Chicken Wing. Furthermore, the Star Wolf fights look like crap with this camera bullshit, and that was the most fun of SF64. On top of that, there's this "shoot from the GamePad" gimmick that is forced into the game as the only way to hit some targets.

If you want to shitpost that it copies a game, it copies Assault.

SNES Starfox is more like 64 than this lump of garbage.
>>
The only thing I hate are the controls. Then the idiot Nintendo reps demoing it tell me I'll get used to it. How about get used to making a game that doesn't control like ass?
>>
>>329647054
Well it's a good thing Nintendo is becoming more and more niche then and for a supposedly tiny minority that is /v/, it's sure had a lot of influence.

So that says two things.

1. It isn't as tiny as you like to think it is, you just like to tell yourself that to make yourself feel better

or

2. These companies are stupidly listening to a small section of people that won't affect sales in anyway.

Considering the extensive effort to shill on /v/ and how many time Nintendo employees seem to have wanted to leak shit here in recent years. I would guess it's the latter rather then the former, which is just hilarious.
>>
>>329647375
What I mean is you have to use waggle with the gamepad to shoot. The gun no longer shoots where your ship is pointed.
>>
>>329647229
They are saying it because it is literally a remake of Lylat Wars. Once again, a remake of a remake of a remake. Except with all the good of it taken out and replaced with gimmicks.
>>
Can we get a necromancer to bring Iwata back from the dead? Please? His decisions weren't always what we agreed with, but at least he wasn't a retard.
>>
They put items on it like in Mario Kart.
>>
>>329647687
Were games still censored when he was alive?
>>
>>329644695
I didnt even watch the direct. Was anything good announced?
>>
>>329647687
No, if we bring him back, it's as a code monkey, not as president, nor as designer of anything. A never sleeping godly coder is what we need to pump games out as fast as fucking possible.
>>
>>329647771
And has the Mario Kart respawn if you go off the track / retire.
>>
>>329647792
No.
>>
I wish someone would make a gif of the color draining from Nintendo's logo.
>>
>>329644695
>>announces new f-zero
did this happen?
>>
>>329646245
I think the level itself is Bayo reference.
With all the flying wyrms and shit.
>>
>>329648396
_no
>>
Kirby made me forget how shit the Direct actually was
>No Zelda news
>No Pikmin news
>No Pokemon news
>No NX news
Its not like I was asking for a new fucking F-Zero here or something, is info on already announced shit too hard??
Instead we got fucking Sticker Star 2 and the same ol same ol Star Fox Zero footage (with like one or two new 5 second clips)
>>
>>329648513
sometimes I really do feel like Charlie Brown.
>>
>>329645681
>no on-foot sections, no Zelda-like adventure game.
Nobody wants that, you retard.
>>
>>329648537
>>No NX news

They're saving that for E3. No way they talk about stuff like that this early.
>>
>>329644695
>announces new f-zero
>it was a ruse, just a monster hunter armor
>>
If starfox zero has different levels but plays like 64, then I'll be happy enpough.

still not the grand scale of space combat I've hoped for since the snes and 64 but it'll do.
>>
I loved they basically buried paper Mario right in the middle of direct
Kirby finally revived the partner gimmick to a point to fucking save everything
>>
>>329646076
Star Fox 64 is a pretty slow game, you should go back and play it again.
>>
>>329647229
Except Assault at least tried to be new.
>>
Since this is a nintendo thread, let me ask you guys something.
I just got a Japanese 3ds LL but it came with a 8gd card.

Since i plan to hack i was thinking in getting a bigger card.

Does any of you know if this one works?
http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%80%90Amazon-co-jp%E9%99%90%E5%AE%9A%E3%80%91Transcend-microSDHC%E3%82%AB%E3%83%BC%E3%83%89-Class10-New%E3%83%8B%E3%83%B3%E3%83%86%E3%83%B3%E3%83%89%E3%83%BC3DS-TS32GUSDHC10E/dp/B008UR8TS0/ref=pd_cp_147_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=04CFSFRM14D34KVMFBWG
>>
>>329650119

I agree Assault has some problems, but it had real good ideas too that I would have liked seeing expanded in future games. SFZero didn't set out to do that, unfortunately.
>>
What is /v/ opinion on Star Fox 2 (snes)?
I feel like the concept could work today but in the end it had the right length for a game without saving. How would you change it to fit todays standards?
>>
File: 1319932109770.png (240 KB, 567x318) Image search: [Google]
1319932109770.png
240 KB, 567x318
>>329644695

>Why can't they make another Star Fox game like 64?

>This is bullshit, its just like Star Fox 64
>>
>>329651620
>like
>somehow means exact now

People wanted a new plot, new characters and locations. Instead we are getting Lylat Wars again, except with TIME TRAVEL as the gimmick so that we can fight DOUBLE Andross.

Also it helps to not make your game a slowed down piece of shit so you can force gyro controls in for the laser.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.