[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PoE Ascendancy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 4
PoE Ascendancy in 16 hours. What build are you rolling? Which sub class?
I'll be going HC Mara Chieftain, trying to make Incinerate good again
>>
Haven't played this in forever but enjoyed it when I did, any good nowadays?
>>
>>329635423
I'm rolling a tal rasha wizard.
>>
Haven't played in forever. Any tldr of what is actually new?
>>
>>329635513
I think it gets better every league. Now is a great time to try it out again. All the new sub classes will allow a high variety of viable builds.
>>
>>329636297
19 new sub classes
A bunch of new skill gems
Traps/Obstacle course system fitted seamlessly into existing zones
>>
I guess I'll have to try this again. Last time I played I was a duelist in that jungle area. I had fun, but that skill map felt a little overwhelming. It was like a guide was required on the side to keep track of your build. Are there any fist classes? Y'know punching and stuff? What class offers the most interesting gameplay in your experience
>>
>>329635423
arpgs aren't really popular on /v/
>>
>>329636895
Yeah you are kinda right but I see posts about grim dawn on /v/ all the time and grim dawn is great but I find PoE way more enjoyable
>>
>>329636854
The skill map takes a couple playthroughs or so to fully understand it. Once you do though, it becomes way more fun. You can totally make an unarmed class, but you need a unique called "facebreaker".
>>
>>329637117
Because grim dawn just came out, they'll go away in a month probably. Unless it blows up thanks to e-celebs, of course.
>>
Is Kripp going to try it?
>>
>>329637580
He streamed the alpha for the upcoming update for 3 or 4 days. I don't think he will play the release, he has lost his passion for PoE unfortunately
>>
>>329637946
Can't stop entertaining those meme spewing fucks on hearthstone though.
>>
>>329637946
Thanks.
>>
It's really hard for me to come back to PoE, especially after they implement a lot of changes that I don't keep up with at all. I never can create my own build, I almost always just copy a build that looks fun from the forums.

Been playing Grim Dawn recently, which is fun. I'll probably still try out PoE but I'm probably not going to be playing for long since the division comes out on the 8th.
>>
>>329636297
Pay to win.
>>
Whats in the new league?
I have a bunch of old items and I'm not sure if I should wait until tomorrow or if I should play now.
>>
>>329638462
Well you can always try it out again because its free. If you just can't get into it, you didn't waste any money at least.
>>
>>329638941
You should probably wait until the patch hits as it will improve the game a lot. Also everybody else is waiting for the patch
>>
What's a good melee build that focuses on aoe splash damage off of a single target? That's my RPG fetish. I played a crit Frost Blades build during the last league and it was the first time I was able to really get into and enjoy the game.
>>
>>329638941
New league is half ambush 2.0 and half grinding a new zone with traps everywhere so you can mod an item and get class-specific skill nodes. That's basically it in a nutshell
>>
>>329635423
This is the only game aside from Diablo 2 that let me summon armies to fight for me. And I don't mean some where you can summon 1 or 2 things and then you upgrade them, I mean like 30 or 40 things.

I know summons aren't always the most powerful, but I just love unleashing dozens of something and just sit back and watch the carnage.
>>
gladiator

i always play duelist anyway hes is the best exile
>>
>>329639427

Whens the last time you played because Summoner is by far one of the best classes at the moment and they got even stronger with this patch tomorrow.
>>
>>329639391
A new skill is basically this, I guess. Sunder, I think.
>>
I'm playing Juggernaut with Explosive Arrow.
>>
>still not showing 5 other skills

they are probably even worse than the melee totem
>>
srs necro witch

FUN
>>
>>329637946
he makes too much money off cardstone, he has to pay the bills and his gf now
>>
>>329639704
>Still not showing 5 other skills
They're all out, they just never bothered updating the Preview page.
>Whack Totem
>Sunder
>Earthquake
>Ice Trap
>Orb of Storms
>Frost Bomb
>>
>>329639482
The duelist has been pretty weak for a while, but his ascendancy classes are really awesome. I will eventually get around to making a max block gladiator this league
>>
>>329639542
Awesome. It's been awhile. I was gonna get back into it a few weeks ago, then I saw the new patch, so thought I would wait.
>>
If anything I'll probably go Deadeye, I like ranger classes. Although I don't really know how you even access the "new classes". I'll probably end up having to go a ele ranger since I don't think I've ever seen a good physical bow build but then again I don't play much.
>>
>>329640401
Yeah, Rangers are always nice.
To access the new Subclasses, you have to finish 6 Trials, 1 in Act 1, 2 in Act 2, 3 in Act 3, to open a door to the Lord's Labyrinth, a big randomized maze where you fight Emperor Izaro 3 times.
After killing him, third fight, you get to pick your Ascendancy class and then allocate your first 2 points into it.
>>
File: 1455298299483.gif (652 KB, 450x120) Image search: [Google]
1455298299483.gif
652 KB, 450x120
Gonna try and roll a flicker strike shadow with the trickster class because free movement skills.

If that doesn't work out, block duelist it is.
>>
>>329641465
Try a Block Witch. You'll be shocked by free capped block.
>>
So I see they introduced a trapped dungeon mechanic. Are they as SHIT as Haku's totem trap maps? because FUCK HAKU'S TOTEM TRAP MAPS.

>hurr every inch of the map is covered in totem spam, have fun fagit
>>
>>329642519
It's actually not that bad.
There's traps fucking EVERYWHERE, but there's breathing room, unlike Haku shit.
And instead of "Find shit and get out," you do have to pay attention to the shit around you, cause you never know when you may find a secret button, lever, door, or notice a trap waiting to trigger if you do something.
Cause there are very not obvious poison dart traps.
>>
>>329639542
link to build. i dont have time to theorycraft myself but i want to summon shit in poe, please.
>>
>>329643301

Just google these terms and you will find a guide.

Poe Revenant build
Poe Evangelist build
Poe Knitted Horror build

Personally I love knitted horrors, they are an act 4 minion that you can raise as spectres. You can run 3 of them without any gear, and later ~5 of them depending on your play style. Basically they are super tanky and will bleed everything on the screen. You can link your zombies with the bloodlust support gem which makes them do more damage against bleeding enemies. Use vulnerability curse on top of that and they take even more damage from bleeding/zombies. Add in a couple curses and a couple auras and you have a pretty fun and good build for pretty cheap. Also you want to use chaos golem as it gives you a bit of protection and tanks a lot of hits for you.
>>
>>329643301
>>329645541

Cont.

My links are as followed:
Raise Spectre+Greater Multiple Projectile+Faster Attacks+Slower Projectiles, add minion damage+poison if you get a 5/6 link armor.

For Summon Zombies you want to put that gem in a +2 to Summon helmet and link Bloodlust+Melee Splash+Minion Life, your zombies will pretty much never die.

Here is the tree I used for the last league, it might need a few tweaks but it should still work enough to get started. http://pastebin.com/wbbdFuye

With the aura nodes and using a guardian prism shield I was able to run 6 auras, let me know if you need any more help.
>>
>>329635423
Game for boring really quickly. All isometric rpgs are garbage.
>>
>>329647017

nice blog
>>
gonna try something kinda weird this league since i usually just play nothing but melee. Hopefully the challenge league is alright talisman was kinda nothing.
>>
File: 1449106826646.jpg (24 KB, 510x427) Image search: [Google]
1449106826646.jpg
24 KB, 510x427
Did they change the skill socket system? I remember it being fucking stupid and basically not letting you play your build unless you had the exact coloured sockets and links.
>>
>>329649432
>unless you had the exact coloured sockets and links.
You know you can change these, right?
>>
>>329649569
Oh so you still have to grind the gear and then grind items to change sockets? Guess I'll pass. I'd rather just use the skills and mods I want without having to grind.
>>
Fucker
>>
>>329649664
>I'd rather just use the skills and mods I want without having to grind.
Yea, this obviously isn't the right genre for you.
The whole point is to finish maps to get new gear, and its been that way for a couple of decades now.
>>
I don't like poe, you guys are welcome to like it though
>>
I only played this game casually for like 30 hours and I didn't understand what the fuck I was doing

How do I git gud
>>
>>329649432
It's pretty shitty, but it only matters through cruel and maybe merciless and it doesn't have too much of an impact if you know what you are doing.

Just stick to one 4-link and it should be fine. You aren't supposed to use multiple damage skills anyway and support skills shouldn't need too many links. Also know that trying to get colors on certain gear is retarded and you should always consider all of your gear when you go to change socket colors on something.
>>
>>329649973
You can look for a build on the forums and just play the game until you get to the third difficulty.
>>
>>329649973
You RMT like all the cool kids.
>>
>>329649762
I guess you're right. I just don't think I should have to grind for a cool new piece of gear and then have to grind some more just to use it. Makes it feel less fulfilling to get that new piece of gear, at least to me.
>>
>>329649973
By Playing grim dawn, the superior game
>>
>>329650004
Oh and also you can just outright drop your gear if it lacks the sockets in normal and cruel, shouldn't matter much.
>>
>>329649432

Links were like the fundamental game mechanic

You could spam those chromatic orbs to RNG recolor the sockets on your gear, and I think one of those Masters had a bench where you could try to further influence the coloring towards what you wanted for extra chromatics. Some gear just plain never ever got certain color combinations, though, like heavy plate mail (Str gear) was never going to roll a lot of Blue (Int gear) sockets

and then there was a stupidly rare pair of ridiculous nostatz pajamas you could wear that was 6-linked white sockets (all-purpose) but 6 links was so much more important than any kind of stats it was irrelevant.
>>
>>329649973
Primarily, by understanding mechanics. Specifically wording like "less/more/additional/reduced" and the math behind them. And specializing in something, not spreading out and being shit at everything. And trading for good gear. This game revolves heavily around trading the closer you get to end-game.
>>
File: 1451435139414.jpg (25 KB, 244x294) Image search: [Google]
1451435139414.jpg
25 KB, 244x294
>>329635423
>mfw looking at these chieftain passives while thinking of my old avatar of fire build
>>
>>329650485
And this is what I hate most about poe everything is good, but boy oh boy this makes quit everytime I think about it
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.