[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I saw this picture today and it made me really sad. When I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
File: rendition1.img.jpg (341 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
rendition1.img.jpg
341 KB, 1920x1080
I saw this picture today and it made me really sad.

When I played the beta, this game was fucking amazing. But 50 hours in, with only 2300 people playing on PC, I wanted to talk about why battlefront was a massive fucking flop.
>>
>>329633489
>using PC player count as anything meaningful

PC is always the least played - even PS3 has more players for this and BF4
>>
File: 1457061928391.jpg (459 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1457061928391.jpg
459 KB, 1920x1080
No content, no modes, no campaign, nothing.

It looked pretty and had very nice sounds. That's literally it.
>>
>>329633489
>why battlefront was a massive fucking flop.

Because it was bad
>>
File: images.jpg (9 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9 KB, 300x168
It really is the small things.

You can bitch about the mechanics like vehicle powerups or the overheat mechanic. But the fact that it took 3 months AFTER release for us to get fucking Hoth skins for Luke and Han is the tiniest example of how little support post launch the game got. While 2 free maps (and a little one) and a new game mode were great additions, they should have been in game from the beginning or at least from the force awakens opening back in December. It still took 2 months for us to get turning point on all the maps.

The lack of care from the development group to fix problems and retain players is really shitty. Say what you will about dice, but after the comeback story that was battlefield 4, I'm really disappointed in DICE's failure with battlefront (and hard-line come to think of it)
>>
>>329633489
its just around 2k concurrent players at any given time, that 9 million was total unique players over the entirety of the beta. Either way thats pretty standard for pc multiplayer shooters. The PC crowd is very fucking picky with shooters so their numbers always drop off quickly after launch because they go back to playing the same map on Counter Strike that they have been playing for 10 fucking years. But I don't blame them in regards to battlefront. I actually felt repulsed when I thought about playing it again. I tried to like it, hitting max rank 50 and everything, but I couldn't. Air superiority is the only game mode I actually thought was fun.
>>
>>329634071
>their numbers always drop off quickly after launch because they go back to playing the same map on Counter Strike that they have been playing for 10 fucking years.
Holy shit this

Dust 2 is cancer
>>
It's literally the new titanfall. An amazing game that got abandoned
>>
>>329634326
>Amazing
Maybe from a technical perspective but that's about it.
>>
As someone who owns it on PC I can say that it got old after a while. The game was fun for a few dozen hours but the maps leave a lot to be desired and the loadout options don't add much replayability. If EA cared about this game at all the would revamp it and add some free content to keep it interested but everyone knows that'll never happen. I feel sorry for people who bought the season pass because there's no way this game is going to be alive when the final DLC comes out
>>
>4 maps
>no customization
>barely any unlocks
>no campaign
>no replayability
>op weapons
>op heros while other heros are shit
>unlock extra content by passing a community challenge

hmm i wonder why no one is playing this trash
>>
>>329634326
>An amazing game that got abandoned
Maybe they should've made it competitive friendly and included proper combined arms + space warfare.

I hope this loses more money.
>>
>>329634071
Battlefield 4 has like 4 times the players of battlefront on pc.
>>
>>329634474
>>329634585
Here (you) go boys
>>
>>329633561
>PC is always the least played
Source?
>>
File: Darth-Vader_6bda9114.jpg (57 KB, 768x431) Image search: [Google]
Darth-Vader_6bda9114.jpg
57 KB, 768x431
>>329633561
This didn't come out on ps3. But even bf4 has 11000 players on PC.

>>329633771
But was it? I enjoyed the blasters. They all catered to different play styles in small ways. The star cards had people worried at first, but i really think its better than traditional class systems. Bow caster jumper, pulse rifle ion torpedo, thermal impact, sniper jumper. The power ups were varied and they all had their usefulness. Sure I'd always rather have a thermal imploder over a blaster cannon, but good blaster cannon placement could fuck some shit up. All the maps were pretty, had angles of attack, flanks, and defensive points. Endor especially is a very flexible map.

But there's not enough. Of any of it.
Too few blasters
Not enough power ups
Not enough vehicles, maps, game modes, star cards, none of it.

The new maps, turning point on more maps and the fact I hadn't played it in a month help me log in 5 hours this week, but even now there's not enough content.
>>
>>329634326
titanfall was a lot better than battlefront
>>
File: You.png (145 KB, 661x183) Image search: [Google]
You.png
145 KB, 661x183
>>329634693
(you)'re a doll darling

>>329634693
Here's two for (you)
>>
>>329633561

Uh no for peak hours in bf4 the pc is at 30k being second just behind the ps4 that's at 36k

Course it drops off by night time and at the same time there's already a lot of superior shooters to play from the past
>>
>literally no vehicles except one AT-AT and shitty little speeders
what da fuck?
>>
they casualized everything to make it super accessible but at the same time that means nothing crazy happens which keeps people playing, like in battlefield. so you get your little star wars ebin battle fix and then turn it off.
>>
>>329634071
And that probably won't be expanded upon till the bespin/death star dlcs

I paid $50 for the season pass, on top of $70 for a product that by the time all the dlc release there will be a goty edition for $40 with all the dlc

>>329634326
And again, NO fucking content. Sure, lots of maps, but no variety in the game modes, weapons, loadouts, or Titans. It's not a lack of single player that kills these games, it's that the multiplayer doesn't have enough meat, even when they're multiplayer games.

Evolve and killing floor2, two other super dead games.

>>329634518
I, OP, am one of those poor bastards. I liked the almost moba like system for the star cards, but there's not enough. We needed way more of everything at launch.

>>329634556
We would of passed that challenge no matter what. We're finishing with 7 free "big maps" before the dlc begins. If I had 7 free big maps and the 8 or so small ones we have for the other modes, at launch, I would have been satisfied.
>>
>>329633489
>But 50 hours in
What exactly did you do for 50 hours in this game?
>>
Battlefront is amazing, I don't understand why /v/ hates it so much, I would recommend those on the fence too pick it up and try it out. The Outer Rim DLC pack coming soon adds a whole sleuth of features like Nien Nunb and Greedo and a whole new game mode for you too enjoy.

If you have the cash lying around, there are a lot of worse things you could spend it on than Battlefront especially with the whole new content pack coming soon.
>>
>>329636619
Your $0.60 has been deposited into your account.
>>
>>329633489
>When I played the beta, this game was fucking amazing.
It's fucking call of star wars.
It's a generic shooter with nice graphics and a star wars skin.
It wasn't amazing by a long shot and even the tasteless masses realize it.
>>
The prequels weren't good movies, but they didn't need to ignore any and all prequel lore for this game. It just seems incomplete.
>>
>>329636619
>a whole sleuth of features like Nien Nunb and Greedo
Surely with a whole sleuth of features you could list something better than that
>>
Battlefront took away literally everything people liked about BFII. I'm not going to pretend BFII was perfect but I was expecting more than a crippled COD clone in space.
>>
Woah, Battlefront was on PC? For some reason I thought it was a Playstation exclusive.
>>
>>329636619
It's literally the most casual AAA shooter ever released. A reskinned Battlefield 4 would have been a much better game.
>>
File: 1452426027067.jpg (64 KB, 856x907) Image search: [Google]
1452426027067.jpg
64 KB, 856x907
>Jewish DLC model
>shallow shallow shallow gameplay
>no single player
>no class based system
>the way it distributes heroes is moronic
>balance issues
>most game modes are shit
>lack of meaningful vehicles
>no good space fights
>small amount of maps
>no communication options in a TEAM based game

The list goes on
>>
>>329633929
>Say what you will about dice, but after the comeback story that was battlefield 4,

Nigga, DICE (LA) (formerly called danger close but were rebranded by EA because the guy in charge of that shit used to own dice before selling out) only bandaged BF4.
Dice(sweden) is what shat out BF4&Bfront.
>>
>>329634740
>The star cards had people worried at first, but i really think its better than traditional class systems.

Lets break that down,
> but i really think its better than traditional class systems.
This is your opinion, it's fine to have your own opinion, but don't expect it to be everyone's opinion.

>The star cards had people worried at first,
Considering the player count, It's clear the star cards continue to be negative aspect of the title.
>>
>>329633929
I actually forgot hardline exists
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.