[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New 3DS SNES VC
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 5
File: SMW.png (96 KB, 456x409) Image search: [Google]
SMW.png
96 KB, 456x409
>Charges you $7.99 on Wii
>Time to release on the next console
>Doesn't want to seem overly greedy but still wants to shake some shekels out of you
>$1.50 to "upgrade" to Wii U version
>Realizes there is a console they haven't thrown this on yet
>"Can you just put the tip in Nintendo? Just the $1.50 again? Please?"
>"Nah, you fucks will buy it again at $7.99"
>>
>>329614603
the crazy thing is, if you ignore emulation, 8 bucks is a fantastic price. Those games for far more than that used these days, and obviously require legacy systems.

But, emulation DOES exist, and snes games will run on any phone or computer, easy. There is no reason to pay any amount of dollars for VC versions.

Is the virtual console audience people who are literally unaware that emulation is possible?
>>
>>329615131
>I can obtain them illegally so that means they should give their old games away for free!
So if I go to a store and steal some bread, does that mean they should never charge me for bread?
>>
ahh... i love to hate neo-nintendo.
>>
>>329615309
It's not about "should", I just don't understand why anybody buys them at all, especially for more price than a meal at McDonalds. I mean obviously it works for them, they keep doing it!

But who the fuck is buying them?
>>
>>329615309
>emulation=piracy
If you already own the game its not illegal
>>
>>329615832
But I'm asking what the fuck makes you think you're entitled to free games?
>>
>>329615131
For some reason personally when I have every game available I never play them. I've had every NES / SNES / N64 / GCN / Wii / GB / GBC / GBA game on my PC for years and yet I've beaten two games via emulation: Soul Blazer and Mario RPG. Yet I've beaten every VC game I've bought.

Maybe it's some subconscious "now that I've payed for it I HAVE to play it" thing but I mean I genuinely enjoyed playing them. It's not like I forced myself to trudge through it because I bought them, I bought them because I wanted to play them. But I could have played them all at any time on my PC.

I understand this doesn't really make any sense.
>>
>>329615989
As a consumer, it is my right to be as stingy and jewish with my shekels as possible. I have the right to wait for sales, buy used, get coupons, etc. I am under no obligation to pay more than absolutely necessary for anything I want, and one could argue that capitalism only works because of this mindset.

And, the cheapest way to play SMW is to emulate it. It doesn't even have a labor cost associated with it, I could even go to snesbox and play without downloading shit.

Why is this a business practice that works for nintendo? I'm curious. I don't find it objectionable, but if I were Nintendo I would be lowering the price to maximize sales, since there can't be that many people who aren't aware emulation exists, and those seem like the only people who would ever buy VC.

except this >>329616249 nutjob, I guess.
>>
I bought Earthbound on the Wii U VC. I won't be able to access that on my 3ds, will I?
>>
>bought LttP on original Wii
>probably won't be able to redownload on 3DS when it comes out for it

Why is this allowed?
>>
>>329617473
You can for a small fee of $10.
>>
>>329617478
That is definitely stupid. But the 3DS and Wii U eShop can already talk to eachother. It is inexcusable that owning it on Wii U also does not make you own it on 3DS.
>>
>>329616938
>Piracy means they shouldn't sell any game that people can pirate at all because Piracy is easy and cheap
Again, why are you expecting free games? You don't have to buy them, but why are you acting like they should be putting them up for free?
>>
File: 1456040157636.jpg (597 KB, 1481x1942) Image search: [Google]
1456040157636.jpg
597 KB, 1481x1942
>People complaining about having to buy the game on 3ds and wii u
Stop complaining. They need the cash for both DIFFERENT emulators on DIFFERENT consoles.
Stop complaining, you should be thankful there's a vc at all.
>>
Is super metroid on the 3ds yet?
ill happily pay 8 bucks for it in a portable form
>>
Jesus Christ. How does Nintendo manage to keep up the family-friendly image when they have some of the stingiest pricing models around?
>>
>>329618175
Probably the same way Lego does.
>>
>>329618175

Disney shit tend to be pretty pricey too.

They know they can afford to be pricey because bastard children will just kick and moan until parents cave in.
>>
File: 6dc.jpg (30 KB, 400x384) Image search: [Google]
6dc.jpg
30 KB, 400x384
>>329618297
LEGO actually delivers quality products and listens to fan demand/input.
>>
I bought this again. Big mistake. Can't even change the dumb ass original controls like you can on the wii U. Don't buy
>>
>>329615131
Good points. If I was an old timer I would be ALL OVER THIS. But I know of emulation so it's just meh.
>>
>>329615979
It's illegal to download other people's back ups of games you own.
>>
>>329618576
>$350 set
>sticker sheet included instead of printed pieces

Nah.
>>
>>329619207
Okay got me there.
But at least you're a LEGO bro who gets it.
>>
>>329615309
That is probably one of the worst analogies I have ever read.
>>
>>329615131
Nigga I've got SMW for my SNES I ain't paying shit for this
>>
huh, I never actually played the original FZero, is it good?
>>
>>329619052
Only in freedom land
>>
>>329619790
Yes
>>
>>329619817
Videogame backups have never been a grey area. It's always been illegal to use a backup of any officially licensed videogame, and it's printed on every packaging.
>>
>>329614603
get a job sonyger
>>
>>329615309
Stealing =/= pirating.

When making your own bread is quicker and easier than buying it there's a problem for those that want to sell it.
>>
>>329619052
who would even bother to look this up? are the cops gonna come in and bust you for playing mario world on your pc?
>>
>>329615309
if the store has an infinite amount of bread, does that mean they should charge you for bread?
>>
>>329620447
Stealing is pirating.

It stems back from when pirates (literally sea thiefs) would steal from other ships. It's the same as train robbers.

The problem are the laws on duplication of data. Duplicating a game and selling it on disc is considered bootlegging or counterfeit.

The laws have not been updated to consider the duplication of binary code for use on a terminal or portable computing device.
>>
File: The Phantom Pain.png (75 KB, 600x177) Image search: [Google]
The Phantom Pain.png
75 KB, 600x177
I can't wait until we get rom injections for SNES games.
>>
I had a cut when they talked about it. What SNES games are getting released on 3DS?
>>
>>329622582
SMW, EarthBound, and DKC1
>>
>>329622859
At launch, I guess?
>>
>>329621041
Yes.
>>
File: 1351784494626.jpg (8 KB, 208x199) Image search: [Google]
1351784494626.jpg
8 KB, 208x199
Why is so hard to port decades-old games in a 3DSXL? Nothing from this Direct pissed me off more than this, fuck you Nintendo.
>>
The DS can run SNES games. How the hell are they justifying the 'new 3ds' exclusivity?

This is why I pirate Nintendo things, and only Nintendo. They absolutely deserve it. They're morons.
>>
>>329624630
>How the hell are they justifying the 'new 3ds' exclusivity?
>oh shit, we only released one game for the new update
>quick! pull an exclusive out your ass!
>but we don't have anything new!
>>
>>329620289
Okay, but who cares? Morality and legality aren't the same thing. I bet you think owning slaves was justified because it was legal, you nigger.
>>
>>329615309

It's not illegal if you already own the games, mang.
>>
>>329624815
that's clearly why they're doing it, but that doesn't justify it. what i'm looking for is an excuse they've pulled out of their ass, such as some worthless 'feature' that only works on new 3ds because they say so (even though it isn't true). because their excuses are always worth a good laugh.
>>
>>329617898
What would be the difference between pirating this, and buying a used copy from the flea market?
>>
>Still no GBA VC

Fuck, hacking the 3ds is the only fucking option now

>Already hacked my O3ds and 2ds and add a fuck load of games

So whats the excuse of no gba games on the eshop?
>>
It still surprises me that Japanese Jews exist. I'm convinced they could not see the Nazis coming with their tiny eyeholes.
>>
>>329624851
This
>>
>>329624851
>>329625413
Actually, it is. But the thing is, it doesn't matter. The laws are outdated and archaic.
>>
glad I hacked my 3DS. seriously though new 3ds emulation exclusive is a fucking joke
>>
>>329621267
Yes you dumb fuck
>>
>>329615131
I just don't have a comfortable way to emulators honestly.
>>
>>329624232

>SNES vc games

Fucking yes

>Exclusive to New 3DS xl

Really losing my patience with Nintendo now, holy fuck
>>
>>329624949
You PAID for it anon.
Jesus fucking christ you piratefags are the worst i swear.
>>
will other SNES games like Super Mario World 2 eventually gets released on the New 3DS's VC? planning to get Super Metroid, ALttP, Super Mario World, and hopefully more.
>>
>>329616938
You are a shity person
Anon because of you emulation station mustards aka PCfucks the industry is going to shit
>>
>>329627954
Why haven't you upgrade you poor piece of shit?
>>
>>329630578
for what possible reason? The only "exclusive" is a worse version of a Wii game
>>
I will be buying Super Metroid because i lost my snes cartridge
>>
>>329617898
you must be the dumbest kid ever born. I specifically stated they should lower the price to maximize sales, not give them for free. I don't expect free, I expect cheap if I'm going to buy legit, instead of the equally-easy free option.

8 bucks isn't cheap, and I'm susprised Nintendo continues to charge as such. they must not sell many at all.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.