[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Can use the whip in 3 directions + waggle wooble the whip
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: castlevania4-spot2.png (199 KB, 768x672) Image search: [Google]
castlevania4-spot2.png
199 KB, 768x672
>Can use the whip in 3 directions + waggle wooble the whip around In Super Castlevania 4
>Can only attack in front in Dracula X and Bloodline

Nice game dotards
>>
>>329584732
I actually agree.
Fuck Rondo of Blood.
>>
>>329584732
More options do not make for better design. I think IV is a great game, but it isn't always a very well-balanced one.
>>
>>329585003

Fuckk off, egoraptor
>>
>>329584732
IGA just wanted to say to the players via game mechanics that Simon Belmont is the best Belmont.
Or they were just lazy as fuck
>>
SCV4 is too easy though
>>
File: gitgud.gif (1 MB, 270x235) Image search: [Google]
gitgud.gif
1 MB, 270x235
>muh wurgbllblbl whip
fuck off and git gud
>>
>actually have to time your jumps and attacks properly in other castlevanias, with repercussions if you miss against medusa heads for example
>super castlevania
>DUDE JUST SPAM DIRECTION+Y LMAO
>>
>>329585438

Because it doesn't handicap you.
>>
>>329585208
This isn't news. People have been pointing out some of the dissonance in the game's design long before Egoraptor did. Fuck off with your lazy scapegoat.
>>
>>329585282
>IGA
He was working on Tokimeki Memorial until SOTN retard
>>
Why were Super CV4 and the Sharp X86000 versions so different despite being both CV1 remakes made at the same time?
>>
>>329585003
These plebs have been programmed to think only in terms of features, so that they may be better advertised to. Design is the least of their worries.
>>
>>329587016
Because both games are only "remakes" in the most loose of senses. All three are very distinct.
>>
>>329587016
Super CV4 was made by soon-to-be Treasure members, and x68000 was a literal port with awesome graphics and music.
>>
>>329587016
They're remakes only to an extant to begin with.
>>
>>329585847
That isn't necessarily a good thing.
>>
now that the dust has settled, we can all agree that SCV 4 has the best music and gameplay, right? (unless you actually enjoy backtracking)
>>
>>329585847
Why do you care? You're already handicapped you gay bitch
>>
>>329587218
what is treasure?
>>
>>329587590
>SCIV has the best music and gameplay
I enjoy both for a change of pace, but I wouldn't say they're the best. The more flexible controls lend the game a distinction from the other Classicvanis, but ultimately I think the game is less interesting on the whole.

The original, III, X68000, ReBirth--I'd put all of these above IV.
>>
>>329587218
>x68000 was a literal port
False.
>>
>>329587973
I'm pretty surprised that the only game to follow up on the multiple character concept was PoR. It really added another layer to 3's gameplay.
>>
File: yuno.jpg (26 KB, 285x281) Image search: [Google]
yuno.jpg
26 KB, 285x281
>People will complain about multidirectional whipping making SCV4 too easy, and then turn around and circlejerk Rondo - the easiest Classicvania in the franchise.
>>
File: uncle.jpg (18 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
uncle.jpg
18 KB, 480x360
Waggling the whip was fucking stupid and useless.
It is in every game it's in.
That said, multidirectional is cool, but a bit OP with how long the whip is in SC4.
Also
>Can only attack in front in Bloodline
Wrong, fucker. Even with johnny boy you can hit different angles, though not as many as SC4.
One more thing: Although it isn't entirely obvious, there is a hit box on the top swing of the whip in Dracula X. You can use this to protect richter against falling debris and hitting overhead enemies, though it takes really good timing. Also, crouching in Dracula X removes ALL recoil when you get hit, even from both of Dracula's forms, thus making the platforms in the end less of a hassle.
>>
>>329588669
Maybe if you use maria, fagit.
>>
File: belmont_5.jpg (50 KB, 673x750) Image search: [Google]
belmont_5.jpg
50 KB, 673x750
>>329587590
Not sure if it's my favorite, but people who say SCIV's soundtrack is bad can kiss my ass.
>>
me need FUCK
>>
>>329590596
>Item crash every boss
>Instant win
>>
SCIV's levels are long as fuck and boring until you reach the castle
I like it more than Bloodlines but Rondo of Blood and Dracula's Curve have much better level design.
>>
Classicvania > Metroidvania
all whip directions > only front attack
Egoraptor = hack
>>
>>329592503
Only if you have enough hearts.
>>
>>329592568
Rondo of Blood's level design is frequently pretty flat and dull. The secret path thing is nice, but for the most part the game gets by on having cool boss fights. I agree about IV's levels being too long, but I don't think Rondo's levels are better. Just more brisk.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.