[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where were you when Bethesda totally redeemed itself for tha
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: CcoqfRVW8AArVnY.jpg (131 KB, 1024x557) Image search: [Google]
CcoqfRVW8AArVnY.jpg
131 KB, 1024x557
Where were you when Bethesda totally redeemed itself for that horrible Doom boxart?

https://twitter.com/DOOM/status/705424052358418432?lang=en
>>
Holy shit.
This looks good.
>>
Looks like halo
>>
File: CcoqIAVW0AAediE[1].jpg (29 KB, 600x323) Image search: [Google]
CcoqIAVW0AAediE[1].jpg
29 KB, 600x323
>>329566385
Here's the interior one.
>icon of sin
HELL YES
>>
>>329566385
I still don't understand it even if the marketing team said the original cover was better.
I feel like way more people would buy it if that was the actual cover.
>>
File: DOOM-Original-Box-Art.jpg (262 KB, 800x1207) Image search: [Google]
DOOM-Original-Box-Art.jpg
262 KB, 800x1207
>>329566821
Spotted the underage fag
>>
>>329567028
Doesn't matter what you feel, these people know what sells because it is literally their job
>>
File: MOOOOT.jpg (326 KB, 890x905) Image search: [Google]
MOOOOT.jpg
326 KB, 890x905
>>329566385

Looks bretty brutal
>>
>>329566973
A
>looks out dated
>are these enemies even in the game?
>just a rehash of what came before
>makes the game look more exciting than it is
>looks like a 3rd grader drew it after watching his brother play doom

B
>woah what the fuck is this game?? It looks awesome!
>classic boxart, not too much going on
>not edgy, but just refined and sleek
>looks awesome
>nice color palette
>perfect
>>
>>329566385
It's honestly lacking in detail but it is a million times better than the current one.
>>
>>329566385
Only good thing about the new game
>>
>>329566385

It's only a reverse sleeve.

The boxed copies will still have the horrible original design on shop shelves.
>>
damn. why can't they make this shit split screen?
>>
>>329567172
>nice palette

its two colors
>>
>>329567172
A is more of a sum-up of doom.
B is much of one of those modern "sleek" designs.
See: Every Bethesda game ever
>>
>>329567149
Except how would they know?
Seeing as every cover now uses their "put a guy on the cover" there's no way they can know if "put a great cover on there" wouldn't work.
Wolfenstein had a great minimalist cover, games like uncharted 3 still had a lot of space for background, gta gets to have tiny windows full of different art, mass effect & resident evil gets to use multiple characters on their covers.
There's so many games out there with more imaginative covers and they sell fine.
>>
>>329567095
>taking shit bait
>>
I feel like this one should have the throwback to OG Doom cover, and Doom 3 should've used the more satanic horror one.
>>
>>329567172
I hope you go to prison you little bitch.
>>
>>329567605
Better than the Red and Green color palette of A. What, is it a Christmas game? Fuck outta here familia

>>329567697
Right, B is sleeker and more in line with Bethesda's usual method. A is just trying desperately to attract the old Doom fags who think it'll be like the old games when it won't.
>>
>>329567713
>Except how would they know?
Because they work for a company that is a subsidiary to a multi-billion media company. If they didn't know what they were doing they'd be replaced very quickly. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it doesn't work for the masses.
>>
>>329567172
>>329567876
Looks like Todd already picked the cover.
>>
>>329567938
I think you're very uninformed.
Seeing as games sell well regardless of what they put on the cover there's no reason they'd get fired.
And just because they have a job doesn't mean they're doing it correctly, see every fucking company ever.
>>
>ITT people don't read the article

It's the reverse sleeve. It literally doesn't matter.
>>
>>329568271
did you know you can take out the sleeve and then put it back in with the reverse side out?
>>
>>329568251
>uninformed
>doesn't understand there are entire researches behind cover art in every medium
Okay buddy
>>
is that a dog above the doomguy?
still he looks generic
>>
>>329568498
show me that research show me a single paper on how they figured one guy taking up 90% of the image sells better.
>>
>>329566385
Shame the game is shit.
>>
>>329566385
>totally redeemed itself for the horrible boxart
>horrible boxart is still the final print and "redemption" is a reverse cover box art contest
>game is still a disgusting trainwreck

You got a funny idea what of redemption means.
>>
>>329566385
Honestly if it was in 3D and in pain staking detail that would be just as good as the new cover.
Problem is a lot of retards don't seem to realize that using that cover would confuse the masses to infinitum because it might as well be a rerelease of the original doom seeing as the cover is 2D.
They could have fixed it by not calling it doom but you know how publishers are these days.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.