[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the point of the time mage? Crowssbows have terrible
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 5
What is the point of the time mage?

Crowssbows have terrible accuracy and get gimped by weather effects so if you want to hit enemies you have to sacrifice your only accessory slot to a weather nullyfing ring.
Offensive time magic is shit. Bosses/marks/rare game are all immune to Gravity, and most of them are also immune to Bleed and Disable. It's not even worth it trying to cast Countdown/Stop/Break on anything. The low success rate and immunities are ridiculous.
Time mages are also terrible for support. You need an esper for Cura and Raise, otherwise your best tools are Haste, Reflect (but why would you want to make healing yourself harder?) and items.

Every other class is in some way worth it. Not time mage though.
>>
It's well known that the time mage is the shittiest class right next to machinist.

Go black mage or get the fuck out.
>>
>there are people who aren't blue mages
>>
>>329552005
Compared to a time mage, machinist is an amazing class.
>>
>>329551898
Haste = more turn
>>
>>329551898
Why does it matter when literally every character plays the same and can be given the same abilities?
>>
>>329553152
>he doesn't know international
>>
>>329553184
>release a stupid game
>fix some of the issues a few years later
>expecting any fans (who bought the game on day one) to give a fuck

If it's shit on release it's shit in the mind forever.
>>
>Playing regular XII
>Give Vaan a crossbow and Haste
>apply Berserker
>he becomes a machine gun and only gets outperformed by katana/ninja sword combos

Fuck International and its retarded class system, the game was better off when it only halfway copied 11.
>>
File: 1346539509600.gif (520 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1346539509600.gif
520 KB, 500x281
>mfw Nihopalaoa with all the remedy lores
>>
>>329553565
vanilla was so much more fun that izjs

I hope any HD remake of 12 brings the content of international but the customization of vanilla.
>>
>>329553565

I've played both and I agree, although I can see why they did what they did with International. After all, it is pretty well established that by specializing your team you will do much better in the early-mid game than if you tried to make everyone a jack-of-all-trades. This however doesn't work later on in the end-game, when your characters will really start to overlap with each other and be able to do everything. The international zodiac edition only kept the first part in mind, while throwing the latter part out the window.

It's practically the reason they had to make Yiazmat easier in the IZ edition because he'd be impossible to beat with most party configurations in his original settings.
>>
>>329553896
Yiazmat deserved to be made easier anyway because it's such a poorly designed boss. As a dev, you really should not let a 50 million HP damage sponge cast Death.
>>
>>329552701
Motes
>>
>>329554929
Hastega motes cannot be bought in normal XII and in IZJS you can only buy them from the clan shop after defeating Yiazmat. There's no Haste mote in either game.
>>
>>329554436

You're telling me. I fought him for 7.5 hours straight before beating him. Around the sixth hour my eyes starting to get all twitchy. It's a moot point because they didn't reduce his HP in IZ edition anyway.
>>
>>329553684
Honestly, they should just give the remake a toggle when you start a new game, to determine which system you want to use. Additional content and features are the same for both, just make the jobs optional.
>>
>>329555550
Why would you actually play the game when you can make the game play itself? I beat him overnight while I slept...
>>
>>329552005
how is machinist bad?
I have Balthier as machinist right now and he does pretty well tbqh
>>
>RPG
>Class that specializes in debuffs
>Ever useful

Kek.
>>
>>329556068
>not only having a machinist but having the character with the slowest gun animations as machinist
>>
Red Mage seems pretty fun at least.
unlike older FF games you suddenly have based maces instead of rapiers and they learn every magic school on top of it. I just don't get why Penelo always loses so much mana so that she has to do charge all the time. I don't even know why the mana depletes so quickly. not even casting any offensive spells. I assume it's from an enemy.
>>
I actually just started playing this after so many years, now with the Zodiac System.
What Zodiac classes are best for Fran, Balthier and Basch?
>>
>>329556241
I don't know if this is true. hard to measure when playing on PCSX2 where fps drop and rise constantly. but whatever, he does fine and that suffices.
>>
>>329551898
Who is worse, Penelo, Rikku, or Selphie?
>>
>>329556507
At least, Penelo is cute...
>>
>>329556352
I just went with what I think they'd be canonically. Overall, it really doesn't matter what you give each of them.

I think Fran does great with a bow. so go Hunter.
they are pretty good because you can teach them healing spells as well and you got a nice magic archer support class.

Basch makes for a great Knight and Balthier would be a good Uhlan. I have him as machinist right now and that's okay too. which is what he seems to be canonically anyways.
>>
>>329553363
>>any fans
A true fan would buy the second game. You just dont care enough
>>
>Basch - Uhlan
>Ashe - Samurai
>Balthier - Red Mage
How is my game gonna go?
>>
>>329556686
Right, I guess it won't matter much anyway.
I mean, I actually skipped using the Sphere Grid in FFX because I quit immediately after it was explained and forgot about it the next day.
Game was hard as fuck but fun, and I don't remember FFXII being very hard when I played it years ago.
>>
>>329556232
Ffxi redmage.
>>
>>329551898
what game is this? FF Explorers?
>>
>>329556903
Firstly, it's not a second game. It's the same game being sold twice with the fuck ups fixed.

A fan of the series will buy a game on release. If it's shit they're not going to buy a second version.

A fan of the shit game might buy the second version, but they clearly have shit taste in the first place. A fool and his money, etc.
>>
>>329556352
Depends on how hard you want to min/max. You can really make anyone anything and have no problems.

Fran has animation problems with bows, making it her worst weapon to use. Balthier has similar problems with all ranged weaponry. Neither really excel at anything to the point they'd be a mandatory choice, so they often end up getting saddled with classes you want but weren't filled by someone more desirable for it. Basch will excel with pretty much any physical class, but does slightly worse with Breaker due to low VIT. Uhlan and Archer are great classes for him, even more so because they can hit flying enemies.

Another thing to consider is innate abilities. Females getting cure and some characters getting steal. This is one reason why penelo and fran are often first picks for red and black mages, who otherwise can't get the first-level cure. Same with Ashe being a very popular samurai, as she has ideal stats for it coupled with cure. Personally I love Balthier as a white mage since he gets tons of time to auto-steal everything, and in FF12 a white mage can just be an invincible tank for much of the game.
>>
File: 1451091729305.png (108 KB, 1152x773) Image search: [Google]
1451091729305.png
108 KB, 1152x773
Original FF12
>no IZJE fast forward button
>mind-numbing trotting and non-threatening enemies over and over again
>unbearable monotony and repeating assets
>no fun

Zodiac Job Edition
>more classes than characters, can't multiclass or change classes like previous FF titles
>constantly feel pigeonholed and restricted by classes
>invariably want to change classes or wish you had chosen differently later on
>fast forward button makes the game less mind-numbing, but constantly highlights how content barren and artificially padded it really is
>no fun
>>
>>329557171
Only the optional bosses in XII might kill you, and only later in the game when they start getting bullshit moves like 'total immunity to everything'. The story fights are a joke because gear matters more than levels and even the standard armor the shops hand out is too good for what the mandatory bosses are scaled to.
>>
>>329558323
>>329558169
Cheers. Not really interested in the best stats, just not the gamer I used to be, just want to replay the game because I remember really liking it. And not just Fran.
>>
>>329558169
>Balthier as a white mage
>have to keep a golden amulet/embroidered tippet on him at all times so he can eventually heal worth a damn
>once he's 80% done with his license board and ten levels above the rest of the party he's finally on par
I wish I didn't fall for this.
>>
Some classes are better than others depending on what part of the game your are at.

I think there are 3-4 classes that can be late game beasts while others like red mage are better early on.

And then there are the weapons some of which are class specific.
>>
>>329552005

Machinist has Hastega And all the attack speed licenses.

If put Balthier coupled with a Seitengrat you have a god... Machinist is far better than Time Mage and actually a top tier class.
>>
>>329558553
>3-4 classes that can be late game beast
Knight/Lancer/White Mage destroys every bonus dungeon because of the holy elemental weapons on top of already being top tier powerhouses.
>>
>>329558696
And also has the all the Remedy Lores his Nihopaloa+Remedies are awesome.

And also Decoy and Oil for exploits.
>>
>>329551898
Penelo a cute.
>>
>>329556507
>selphie
>selfie
>>
>>329558313
>can't multiclass or change classes
Is this for real?
>>
>>329556446
It is true, both Balthier and Fran are the worst users for guns and bows, respectively, because of their retarded animations
>>
>>329556507

Rikku is great if you're not retarded
>>
>>329559456
Now I want an image of selphie taking a selfie.
>>
>>329562526
Rikku is not great, you're retarded

>if
>>
>>329563395
The only shitty thing about rikku is you get her so damn late. Khimari can be rikku before you get rikku. Otherwise she's pretty ballin.
>>
>>329563395

You can do a lot of shit with her Mix ability
>>
>>329563395
rikku is the strongest character in the game m8
>>
>>329557676
It's your own fault for not wanting to play the game with the fixes. That doesn't make it shit, it makes you shit you shitter. Go shit in a toilet. Fucking shitter.
>>
farmed 2 trango towers
this shit is ridiculous, what were they thinking
>>
>>329567070
They thought no one would bother to farm them.
>>
File: 1413317427115.gif (179 KB, 375x375) Image search: [Google]
1413317427115.gif
179 KB, 375x375
>mfw using the RNG exploit to farm Zodiac Spears for everyone
>>
>>329565295
The game was shit when it came out. Why on earth would I give them money a second time when they already fooled me once?
>>
>>329556232
>I only play square and nintendo rpgs
>>
File: 1400389930507.jpg (62 KB, 422x599) Image search: [Google]
1400389930507.jpg
62 KB, 422x599
>>329551898

I want to rub my dick between Penelo's buttcheeks.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.