[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>self-righteous order of knights become corrupt and turn into
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 5
File: vordt-of-the-boreal-valley-.jpg (54 KB, 550x366) Image search: [Google]
vordt-of-the-boreal-valley-.jpg
54 KB, 550x366
>self-righteous order of knights become corrupt and turn into beasts

Is there a lazier game than DS3? I'm a huge souls fag, even enjoyed DS2, so i dismissed the rehash stuff as the fotm /v/ meme, but i'm starting to have doubts now that the meme-spouters were right.
>>
>>329547927
>self-righteous order of knights
But the "valleys" are parallel universes. Boreal Valley is a world where instead of the Flame, the Frost has appeared. Now they're invading the world of Dark Souls.
>>
>>329548346
Still looks like a bloodborne rehash to me.
>>
>>329547927
>I'm a huge souls fag
>enjoyed DS2
No you're not, you're a Souls memer.
>>
>>329548346
>Boreal Valley is a world where instead of the Flame, the Frost has appeared.
Source ?
>>
>>329549383
It was shit compared to all the others, but it had some cool ideas that i hope they implemented better in DS3.
>>
>Le back in my le day when I le played dark souls it was le new and not le popular or le rehashed

That's what you sound like faggot. No one fucking cares if the game is lazy, all souls games are lazy with assets but you're too much of a newfag to realize that and just want your quick e-cred by pretending you know anything.
>>
>>329549703
not to this extent, the recycling from bloodborne is almost undeniable this time. Try harder with your shitposting, faggot.
>>
>>329547927
>I'm a huge souls fag

No you're not, you probably started with PtDE.
>>
>I don't like that thing does this.
>Game developers are LAZY!

Then go play another game. Then go make another thread about that game and leave our game alone.
>>
>>329550770
here's your (You).
>>
>>329550770
why dose it matter when he started?
hipster shit
>>
File: duhluminoty.jpg (40 KB, 350x347) Image search: [Google]
duhluminoty.jpg
40 KB, 350x347
>>329548958

>Dark Souls 3 is a rehash of a game that was a rehash of Dark Souls but without shields

Ok.
>>
>>329549431

Not confirmed, but what is confirmed is that the game's world has become so utterly fucked that time and space is collapsing in on itself, and many parts of the kingdom are "converging" through separate realities or something just below the Highwall of Lothric.

You step into those realities in search of the Lords of Cinder. Judging by the thrones in Firelink, it's implied that you fetch them to come to Firelink so they can all probably link the fire one last time, or end it all for good.

Don't know for sure yet though. There's very clearly people who have the game, but we've heard nothing of the actual story so far.
>>
>>329547927
>Self-righteous order of beasts become corrupt and turn into humans

I want this.
>>
>>329550978
How was Bloodborne a rehash of Dark Souls? If you consider keeping the core mechanics the same, then sure, it's totally a rehash.
>>
>>329551297

I'm just using the same logic they used in their post.
>>
i thought the game isnt out yet, why are people talking about the story

was it leaked or something
>>
>>329547927
Have you ever made a game?
>>
>>329551348
But DaS3 uses a lot of really, really similar assets, and doesn't add or change a lot. I see it as a combination of Souls and Bloodborne myself, which is fine, it's a sequel to Souls and comes after Bloodborne. FromSoftware do these things.
>>
>>329551434
Bloodborne had a whole different thematic to it, i don't get why we need to have beasts in Dark Souls instead of new enemies. I really don't understand how can you see it as the same logic.
>>
>>329550936
Because the PC release killed the souls community and began the gradual downfall of the franchise.
>>
>>329553863
I seriously hope people on /v/ who post that only do it """ironically""" and aren't actually retarded enough to believe in what they post.
>>
>>329552447
sorry, meant to quote >>329550978
>>
>>329553986
(u)
>>
>>329553986
The PC release did degrade the community massively, but it's not responsible for DaS2.
>>
>>329552273
>But DaS3 uses a lot of really, really similar assets

And BB has the exact same levers and moving platforms and dozens other shit from DaS2.

Considering the games are in the same genre with the same mechanics and very similar gameplay, of course they're gonna re-use as many assets as they can to cut costs.
>>
>>329554398
>degrade the community massively
What the fuck are you even trying to say?
Do you seriously believe that PS3-owners are some sort of enlightened master race superior to everyone else? You have to be an idiot to believe something like that.
>>
>>329553863
>>329554398
I don't understand why people say it was the PC community, when DaS1 was on 360 as well. The game sold a lot more than DeS did because it was multiplat and it also had the benefit of riding on the fame DeS garnered.

Every other time a series goes through the same thing people say it's just because it's popularity brings in shitty casuals, but DaS is the only one where people are like "it's only cuz the PC community"
>>
>>329554398
No, the fanbase inflating like a balloon and the game being marketed as "HARDEST GAME OF THE YEAR, YOU WILL DIE, PREPARE TO DIE , SO UNFORGIVING, THE DARK SOULS OF X " is what ruined the community.

Of course technically you could say that the PC release contributed to this because it lead to 1/3 of the first point, but there was also the xbox release and the fact that DaS was a LOT more marketed in the west than DeS which kept more to Japan.
>>
>>329552273
>>329554410
I think it's important to note that, even if FROM didn't have a tendency of blatantly referencing previous titles, these assets would most likely still be re-used. They started work in BB while DS2 was still in development, and I remember reading once or twice that they began working on DS3 as while finishing up DS2 and BB.
>>
>>329551212

Read Animal Farm
>>
>>329549431

there is one lord of cinder per "world" so there are at least 5 different dimensions in dark souls 3
>>
>>329554769
Miyazaki actually said that development of dark souls 3 started immediately after artorias of the abyss, which is of course a fat lie
>>
>>329551212
Rad Orwell's animal farm and Sartre's l'engrenage
>>
>>329554620
It was on the 360, too. The community was fine for a long time, it degraded with popularity, and a lot of popularity came from the PC release.
>>329554623
I don't think it's ONLY because of the PC community, but they did shit up a lot of the discussion - either through the game becoming more popular at the time, or just because they could. It's not a big deal, I don't see why people get upset at the idea of it.
>>329554652
I don't disagree, the marketing has made the fanbase what it is, but when I speak of the "community", I mostly mean the discussion here - because this is where I was talking about the game from DeS onwards.
>>
>>329554908
I can believe it just because they were under a contract to make 3 souls games for bamco and I don't think Miyazaki really wanted to keep making them after the first one. At the very least they probably had some kind of time constraint to work with.

>>329555091
Well then, how do you determine that it's PC community? When I remember people shitposting about other multiplat games, they would just target the console they liked the least, it seemed like.

Also everyone insisted that the KB+M controls for Dark Souls was fucking abysmal at the start (I don't know if they were ever improved), and I think a lot of people either don't realize they can use a gamepad, or refuse to out of principal on a PC.

Another thing is I never know what it is the PC community is doing to "ruin" the Souls community; I always just assumed it was complaints about 30 FPS lock, or I guess just saying that they're all bad at it or something. It's a very common sentiment but I've never seen an example where someone is like "this is why PC players are hurting the community"
>>
>>329554410
That's on a much smaller scale, and those re-uses I understand entirely. But there are areas I've played through in DaS3 that look like they're taken straight from Bloodborne, and even animations (which does effect the gameplay coming from Bloodborne, because I know how to handle those already). That's fair enough, because they're better than what there was before, but it's still there; so the comparison to Bloodborne is a lot more logical than comparing Bloodborne to Souls.
Don't mistake me for somebody that is shitting on the game because of this, because I still enjoyed what I got from it, and I'm glad it has more Bloodborne to it. I'm just saying it's a fair complaint, some people want something entirely new, or something entirely Souls. To me, it's sort of a 'best of', and from what I experienced, it works.
>>
lorefags nowadays are garbage
I miss when it was just quaelag and enb

vaati is cancer
>>
>>329555452
OnlyAfro and his 4chan meming REALLY did a number on Dark Souls.
>>
>>329555678
But how? All I remember him doing is PvP vids of ganks or weird builds. Like if you wanna argue that it brings in a bunch of actual little kids, sure, but I sort of just feel it's a misplaced aggression over a somewhat niche game exploding in popularity and making it's way into something you could consider "mainstream" for video games.
>>
File: latest-32.png (430 KB, 500x457) Image search: [Google]
latest-32.png
430 KB, 500x457
>>329555452
>Well then, how do you determine that it's PC community?
>>
>>329555828
>>
>>329555828
>big daddy is PC exclusive

Didn't know that. Is Havelyne on the PS3 or xbox side?
>>
Friendly reminder that if you actually enjoy the series DO NOT try to discuss it on /v/.

Underage PCucks that got into the series with 2 will immediately start claiming that MLGS being in the game makes it a rehash as well as shit like rolling, because they're fucking retarded.
>>
>MUH LORE

top kek, who gives a shit about the story in dark soul. The game is about exploring and killing shit
>>
>>329555828
OnlyAfro made meme videos before the PC release
>>
>>329555452
>>329555802
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyA8odjCzZ4
fire
>>
>>329555452
>Well then, how do you determine that it's PC community?
Correlation, I suppose. I saw the game get an increase in attention at the time of (and shortly after) the PC release, and with that came a lot more shitposting, and a lot more memes. I saw all the "artificial difficulty" posts, more weapons being snubbed as "noob weapons", more complaints about designs that really aren't that bad, more of the waifu stuff, worse lore discussion, shittier builds (So much GiantDad).
Of course, this could have just be coincidence, and the console fanbase could have just suddenly began turning to shit at the same time, but there's less to support that.

The issue with blaming the PC fanbase for a lot of the degradation is that they take it really personally, as any other fanbase would (which is fucking sad). There's shitters in every community, there were shit people in the DeS community here, but on a smaller scale. The PC release just seemed to bring more.

>>329555945
That's DaS2, Anon.
>>329555998
Not on that level. That shit was unadulterated, liquid dogshit.
>>
>>329555828
Why wouldn't this be PS3 or 360? I just don't understand how all the people who point at PC are so sure that it's PC.
>>
Maybe if I had a PS4 I'd be disappointed with how DaS3 is turning out, but as someone who's never played Bloodborne the game looks fine to me.
>>
>>329555945
It's not PC exclusive, but doesn't it seem familiar?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi0TIoL3yhw

It targets the same audience with similar tastes.
>>
>>329556293
>That shit was unadulterated, liquid dogshit.
Coming straight from a consolefag.
>>
>>329555945
>>329556293
It's just clicked that you were talking about flippyhavels, but yeah, they were annoying garbage.
>>329556323
I'm pretty sure it used stuff from the Prepare to Die edition that wasn't available on console at that time.

I never used these builds myself, and never paid much attention the the videos about them, but I saw them enough in my playtime.
>>
>>329556293
>>329556645

This at least makes sense, I forgot that the PC version was released some months after the initial 360/PS3 release. But at the same time I think if all your dark souls community is stemming from a general on /vg/, that's just going to happen anyway. Pretty much every general devolves into stupid meta topics and waifu talk regardless of game after the first few weeks or months, I think; the people there run out of actual game shit to talk about.

>>329556389
BB is legit fantastic, imo. Basic combat is just different enough to feel very fresh in comparison, especially since it encourages aggression, but it still feels like a Souls game. The world and story is a completely different style than the previous Souls games so it doesn't feel as reiterative as DS2 does. Also I think the game is balanced way better, though chalice dungeons shouldn't be a 3-6 hour time investment per character.
>>
File: 1364169077723.png (507 KB, 900x866) Image search: [Google]
1364169077723.png
507 KB, 900x866
Ornstein spinoff by Platinum when?
>>
DaS 3 is a bloodborne rehash, and that's fine.
Us PC players never got to play BloodBorne, and now we have a chance
Thanks Miyazaki :)
>>
>>329556830
It's fine because buttborne is a good game, if it was a rehash of 2 this would not be fine, though it would also be fine if it were a rehash of 1 or Demons'
>>
>>329556628
Fight your instincts and try not to be so stupid, Anon. If you can't offer anything but shitposting, just don't bother. It might upset you to know I've been an idort for a long time, but have always favoured PC. I just don't feel the need to incessantly defend any platform. I was glad the game got a PC release, and I still am, regardless of my comments about the community.
>>329556802
/vg/ and here both suffered, but I was never too fond of /vg/'s discussion anyway, it's just that it got worse. Overall, I'm not bothered by the community becoming shittier. I can discuss the games with more people now, and be a smug cunt towards people with the "I beat Dark Souls" mentality.
>>
File: 1452721475341.gif (3 MB, 273x206) Image search: [Google]
1452721475341.gif
3 MB, 273x206
>>329551119
You're half-correct. Dark Souls 3 is set in the same universe and on the same planet as 2 and 1 BUT, as you said, time and space is collapsing on itself and bringing other realities to it. Every area is a different time, place, location or a different reality all together you have to go to to retrieve them but in the end you come back to the same place that is set in the two previous games.

As someone who played the preview build I was talking to someone else there that claimed they stumbled upon rock debree that vaglely looked like collapsed Amygdala from Bloodborne

>Your face when all the games are converging or will converge and it becomes "Dantes Soul Inferno" or some nonsense like that
>>
>>329556830
>>329556962
>Bloodborne rehash
how so? oh wait I already know the answer, it isn't a rehash and you guys don't know what you're tlking about and pretend to be fans of the series. If you were real fans then you would know they've been reusing assets since Demon's Souls. But, then why wasn't DaS just dismissed and shit on for being a DeS clone? Oh, what's that? Because it wasn't available to the shitty PC community? Yeah that's what I figured.

Bringin DaS to PC was the worst thing that could've happened to this community, now you can't even start threads about it.
>>
>>329547927
That's been the plot of EVERY FROM game since fucking Kings Field you mongoloid. They are ALWAYS the same game. But they're always GOOD so it doesn't matter.
>>
>>329557297
>time and space is collapsing on itself and bringing other realities to it
thats in every game
>>
>>329557303
>But, then why wasn't DaS just dismissed and shit on for being a DeS clone?
People were saying this at the time, though. People were complaining about the Gargoyles being a shittier version of Maneater, and how O&S was their attempt to make Flamelurker harder by "just adding another boss at the same time".
It STILL gets those complaints from DeS fans. A lot of people saw it as a refinement, and not a rehash, though.
>>
>>329557635
Of course but they felt and were more isolated like Dusk of Oolacile and going back in time to fight Manus or becoming a Giant during that battle in Dark Souls 2.

I feel like it's more widespread in this game.
>>
>>329557859
>refinement
>second half is rushed as shit
>>
>>329557859
>A lot of people saw it as a refinement, and not a rehash, though.
Exactly, because it wasn't a rehash just like DaS3 isn't a rehash. I mean fuck if LoZ came out as a series today /v/ would dismiss it as a rehash or fucking Mario bros.
>wooow goombas AGAIN
>what a surprise Ganon was the final boss! 0/10

That is, it would be like that if those games came out for PC because thaty's what all the underage here uses.
>>
>>329554652
This, the popularity or the first Dark Souls skyrocketed and that's why it was ported to the pc in the first place. That's not to negate that the souls pc community is pure garbage that is still mad about bloodborne, but the game suffered from going from niche(DeS) to mainstream and becoming viral(DaS multiplat).
>>
>>329558373
Second half is okay. That's all it is though. Up until then it's top notch. The areas are cool and I like them, and they do have a decent amount of story significance, but I have no idea what the fuck they were thinking when they decided sentient zombie dragon lower-torsos would make for a decent enemy. Lost Izalith is easily the weakest of the end game areas and it's cuz of shit like that; there's no lore related reason for their to be a shit load of dragon asses in there.
>>
>>329558373
Could you imagine if they finished it properly? Fuck. It disappoints me every time I think about it.
>>329558479
I don't really understand the "rehash" stuff, it's part of the franchise and it's a sequel, so it doesn't seem like an issue at most times. You can't deny the similarities, though. Some of which do seem unnecessary, and maybe even come across as lazy.
>>
>>329558862
Bringing back Andre is pretty weird.
>>
>>329557859
The Flamelurker is plenty of different to O&S in theme, gameplay and importance to the lore, the boss in op's pic is basically something like bloodstarved beast or vicar amelia in armor. Just because people lament about two things that appear similar it doesn't necessarily mean that they are or that all critiques are created equal.
>>
>>329558862
>Could you imagine if they finished it properly? Fuck. It disappoints me every time I think about it.

Exactly how I feel about DaS2. The ground work is there, but there's so many little things and a few notso little things I can't really get behind.
>>
>>329556824
End your life
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.