[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a villain more evil than Wily?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: original.jpg (80 KB, 468x410) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
80 KB, 468x410
Is there a villain more evil than Wily?
>>
>>329538058
A bunch, even in his own series.
Wily wasn't a complete psychopath. He wanted the world to know he was better than Light but he never thought about killing the guy.
>>
>>329538058
Only if he really was that old guy from X2, otherwise it was Cain's fault for being so shit at reverse engineering X.
>>
Dr. Weil
>>
>>329538058
Dr.Robotnik
>>
Dr.Wahwee
>>
>>329538804
Weil was just tired of the shit caused by Zero in the first place, not very evil at all. Robots being given free will is a mistake.
>>
>>329538247
Look Dr Wily isn't like Vile or Wiel or even his own namesake from ZX where he gets off on genocide. But it is HORSESHIT that Dr Wily wasn't a psychopath. He's a habitual liar and routinely commits crimes that are punishable by execution and based on the sheer amount of shit he slogs through to continue his plans for world domination: he probably ought have been killed 10 times over by now.

His robots blow up cities and in the latest game he intentionally infected nearly every machine in the world with a virus to make them become erratic and dangerous and blackmailed Dr Light into making a cure so he could lord it over the human race. Classic Megaman is supposed to be like a safe Y-7 show but there's no excusing that shit anymore with "Well maybe they're just destroying empty buildings". There really hasn't been since 7.
>>
>>329538940
came here to post this
>>
>>329539095
Look I appreciate the effort but you're gonna have to do better to incite a flame war.
>>
>>329539095
>What's this, a cure to the virus that finally means robots will stop killing people and we can finally work towards peace? Nah fuck that, I'mma use it to brainwash all the reploids I can and start a war that wipes out over half the world's population dead and every country in uninhabitable ruins.
>>
>>329539104
After X3 though he starts working behind the scenes (Through blackmail and terrible disguises) and he was eventually thrown in a cell. It's only in 7 they went all darker and edgier.

Also the population of Earth runs on pure stupid in Megaman 9.
>>
>>329539308
>X3

Fuck I meant Megaman 3
>>
>>329538871
>Builds a robot army and a space station.
>First weapon of choice is a big ball and chain.

He is the best absolute madman.
>>
He just wanted robots to rule over humans
>>
>>329539429
Not even. He wanted to rule over everyone using robots.
>>
File: ArigaWeil.jpg (48 KB, 318x450) Image search: [Google]
ArigaWeil.jpg
48 KB, 318x450
>>329539252
He's tragic because we don't know how badly he had it with Mavericks. Can't blame him for wanting revenge on them, and I don't think it's implied he enjoyed the chaos he brought about.

Did nothing wrong.
>>
Will never happen but If we ever got a legends 3 Id want the final boss to be Wily
>>
>>329539365
>>329539308
Yes the world's stupid in Mega Man. No argument there. But I don't buy that 7 is where the Dark and Edgy started.They were going for darker and edgier the whole time. Sure "Let's rip off X that's doing well" was a factor in 7 but Wily clearly shows an escalation of force throughout the games. It's MM4 and after that starts to open with explosions rocking cities which becomes a fixture in every game after it. Where it didn't happen in 1, 2, or 3.

MM3 and so on show Dr Wily preparing more and more for Mega Man's responses. He gets to the point he routinely frames others because it diverts attention from himself.Whether by blackmail or outsourcing his robots or specifically creating a holographic duplicate of who he's framing: just to buy time diverting Mega Man's attention, and he seems to aim most of it as public hazards and decoy fortresses.
>>
File: 1315963957010.gif (342 KB, 153x113) Image search: [Google]
1315963957010.gif
342 KB, 153x113
>>329538804
Man, I remember downloading the moon version of MZ3 and trying out the intro stage because I could not wait for the Murrican version.

>Mfw I actually tought Weil was Wily

Wish Capcom actually gave closure to all the Wily/Zero shit they were bulding up since x4.
>>
Master Xehanort
>>
>>329538058

Wily has technically never been confirmed to have actually killed anyone; the worst he's done is take someone hostage.

Now, indirectly, Wily caused a bunch of nasty shit with that virus of his.

What did this man even want to do? Take over the world? Why would he make a virus that would make robots want to kill things indiscriminately? What would that accomplish but make people want to revert society back to the pre-industrial age?
>>
>>329540767
The virus was supposed to affect only X
But of course Light make a good firewall and only his shitty copies got infected
>>
>>329540767
Wily is still"alive" in the X series.
Some say the original maverick virus before it turned into Sigma Virusis actually his soul/will/brain digitally encoded, so his pretty fucking evil.
>>
>>329538058
General Morden.

Seriously, losing his son made that guy fucking twisted.
>>
I A G O
A
G
O
>>
>>329540919
>The virus was supposed to affect only X
That has never been the story Capcom told. You might be thinking of a postulation in the MMZOCW that suggests Sigmas faulty Suffering Circuit mutated the Zero Virus into becoming what it was over the years. But that's a meaningless retcon and only serves to explain how only "Some" mavericks started before Sigma's rebellion.
>>
>>329541491
There was no way Wily knew reploids would exist but he most likely knew about X
>>
>>329541538
I even find Wily knowing about X absurd. But yeah he couldn't predict the future. But he damn well could guess it, like the past, would be built on Dr Light's Template if he knew of it.

Still all the retconning that's done with what Wily intended of the virus is too stupid to fathom. We see the virus affected Mechanaloids, so it didn't target reploids exclusively.
>>
>>329540767
>Wily has technically never been confirmed to have actually killed anyone; the worst he's done is take someone hostage.
Y'know Sigma was never explicitly stated to have killed people either?

The only confirmed Human deaths in the X series are from Eregion, a mechanaloid that didn't even get a fucking line.
>>
>>329542001
Going out on limb here but I'm pretty sure a city got nuked in that OVA that came with Maverick Hunter.
>>
>>329542112
Now there's a Catch 22.
If Day of Sigma was canon then yes he'd have a confirmed human kill.
But Day of Sigma can't be canon, because Dr Cain would die and he was present in X2 and X3.
>>
>>329542324
The PSP game was going to retell the whole X story
Since it bombed and we never got the sequels we can safely declare it noncanon
>>
>>329539376
That's actually a decent catch, nearly all of his inventions use physical force instead of ranged attacks. Or at least all the iconic ones
>>
File: Wily Family.jpg (279 KB, 600x510) Image search: [Google]
Wily Family.jpg
279 KB, 600x510
>>329540676
Too bad everyone at Capcom admitted they didn't so much as have a flow chart about what the hell Wily would've been planning. Fuck they didn't even know what Sigma's motive was half the time.

The only reason they have to make Zero into Wily's invention is "WHAT A TWIST" and to give him a dark and complicated backstory when he was getting popular. The only reason they alluded to Wily is because "Wouldn't it be great if Wily was really behind it all again??".

Just about every 11 year old with a Geo Cities account told the Mega Man X story better than Capcom ever did.
>>
File: 1438333292156.jpg (119 KB, 410x500) Image search: [Google]
1438333292156.jpg
119 KB, 410x500
What do ANY villains gain in any game/text/media by just "ruling the world"? I mean, what else is there to do once you've achieved that? You've gained the ability to attain anything and everything you want. I don't get what else you can do in life that you couldn't do by hard work, getting rich, etc except for being hated by a vast majority of the population.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.