[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some actually good Zelda-like games?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 9
What are some actually good Zelda-like games?
>>
Blood Omen.
>>
I guess there is barely any good zelda likes then.
>>
There's nothing really that follows the Zelda formula to a T. People will say Okami but it plays completely differently.
>>
File: neutopia-usa[1].png (366 KB, 500x585) Image search: [Google]
neutopia-usa[1].png
366 KB, 500x585
Neutopia
Alundra
Landstalker
Crusader of Centy
Beyond Oasis
Legend of Oasis
3D Dot Game Heroes
>>
>>329521637
>There's nothing really that follows the Zelda formula to a T.

Why is this? You would think the games would have been copied to hell and back due to their success.
>>
Depends on what you consider to be Zelda 'like. If you just mean combat, then that can mean anything from Shantae to Ys. If you mean free exploration and NPC interaction, than something like Dragon Quest is more like Zelda than modern Zelda games.
>>
Okami.
>>
>>329520160
alundra is fucking garbage, not going to go to the effort to explain why. its just playstation fanboys who like it, nothing more.
>>
>>329522101

Ignore this post. Alundra is OoT in 2D but actually hard and quite a bit longer.
>>
>>329521974
Anything that for the most part copies the Zelda format. Whether it be the 3D games or the top down views of games like ALTTP.
>>
File: 4111134220_50d6ffd1cc.jpg (264 KB, 434x500) Image search: [Google]
4111134220_50d6ffd1cc.jpg
264 KB, 434x500
>>
Shadow of the colossus.
>>
>>329522473

As a huge fan of the oNES Zelda Dragon Quest games, this game lacked the charm both those series had. Not to mention tons of horrible design decisions.

Hey, let's make the main gameplay mechanic about swinging and stabbing with a sword that takes up the whole screen. Then design every dungeon to be tight walls which your sword always clips.

Couldn't even finish the game, it was so bad.
>>
>>329522101
assmad brainlet that couldn't handle the puzzles and pixel-perfect jumping
>>
Some might call it a stretch but Gunman's Proof has a lot of similarities to LttP
>>
>>329522794
Holy shit, I thought I was the only one who felt this way. I don't know what's stupider: that certain areas are insanely frustrating and near impossible with giant swords but no piercing, or that the entire game is a complete joke with giant swords that ignore walls. The game isn't balanced at fucking all.
>>
>>329520160
Dark Souls
>>
File: thisislamulana.png (10 KB, 68x68) Image search: [Google]
thisislamulana.png
10 KB, 68x68
OP be a man and play God of Thunder. Very Zelda inspired.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIQXI5ns6iU
>>
The Binding of Isaac
>>
>>329523121
I cant believe I forgot to mention La-Mulana.
>>
File: garfield_gate.gif (325 KB, 370x330) Image search: [Google]
garfield_gate.gif
325 KB, 370x330
>>329523089

What's even more sad is my ex wouldn't play any 2D Zelda games. But then got addicted to this game and played it all the way to the end. So she played a game worse than LOZ, but didn't get any of the similarities.
>>
The Binding of Issac

Creator outright said the original Legend of Zelda was his major inspiration. And it shows. And not in a good way.
>>
>>329522473

I found this to be pretty boring. Or is it that I find NES Zelda boring? I only played the original for a short time.
>>
>>329520160
this is the only zelda game i ever played
>>
>>329520160
definitely not Zelda.
which is mediocre at best.
>>
>>329521637
Darksiders is pretty close
>>
>>329522745
Basically Hyrule field stretched to a full game.
>>
Everything back yet?
>>
>>329520160

If you liked ALTTP you would probably like Metroidvanias
>>
>>329521650
Reccing Crusader of Centy
>>
>>329522101
I actually agree with you. But not because the game is bad. Not because its hard. Or that the puzzles are difficult. But because it's an adventure game on a fucking 32-bit system that controls like a goddamn atari game.

Have you ever noticed how inconsistent the controls are? Specifically when you are walking or running in diagonals as opposed to a straight line? I mean really. How did they let THAT get by quality control.

It's just obnoxious to play because the interface is fucked.
>>
>>329522954
Literally Zelda with guns. Gangster as fuck.

You're alright, anon.
>>
>>329520160
Okami.
Play it now.
>>
File: sphinxbox.jpg (202 KB, 1087x720) Image search: [Google]
sphinxbox.jpg
202 KB, 1087x720
>>329520160
>>
File: metal-gear-2-solid-snake-5.jpg (50 KB, 900x510) Image search: [Google]
metal-gear-2-solid-snake-5.jpg
50 KB, 900x510
Metal Gear series
>>
File: Sword_of_Mana.jpg (22 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
Sword_of_Mana.jpg
22 KB, 256x256
I don't remember this game being discussed on /v/, but Sword of Mana is like a Zelda that's more focused on the combat.

This is a remake of the original Mana game (known in the US as Final Fantasy Adventure), but there was recently another remake for the iOS, Android and Vita, which is a lot closer to the original GB game.
>>
>>329520160
Terranigma
Illusion of Gaia
Soulblazer
>>
>>329532393
I love this game
>>
>>329520160
Golvellius on the SMS. It would have been what LoZ is today if SEGA didn't fail miserably.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.