[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2
File: tos2[1].jpg (687 KB, 1099x824) Image search: [Google]
tos2[1].jpg
687 KB, 1099x824
What went wrong?
>>
its not even out
>>
>>329517443
Nothing much, its pretty good.

Class system is fantastic, and skill diversity is literally some of the best of any MMO.
>>
>>329517443
its too slow
>>
>>329517443
its not out. thats whats wrong
>>
>>329517443
Taking to long to officially release and loses the hype, people don't end up caring anymore.
>>
>>329517443
You assumed it would be the spiritual successor to RO.
>>
>>329517443

Its boring as fuck. Got to lv100 in the beta before everything started feeling samey. All you do is quest in a bunch of different areas and grind a dungeon every 40ish levels or so. Granted I didn't get to the part where exp grind parties were a thing (I think thats in the 150s).
>>
>>329517863
>every class has a skill that takes at least a minute to cool down
>every skill is that skill
Yeah great diversity.
>>
>>329518502
>the only defining factor of skills is their cooldown period
Wow, GW2 must be your favorite MMO of all time anon!

You're retarded.
>>
>>329517443
From what I've played of it?

Nothing, save that it's not fully out yet.
>>
Still not out yet
>>
Hope this game has some kind of WoE weekly event, that was the single reason why Ragnarok Online was so active.
>>
>>329517443
It's not out yet.
It's not on Steam.
>>
>>329517443

Remove EXP cards and increase EXP from monsters. As well as having more open areas. And it is the best MMO out. As well as an improvement over RO.
>>
>>329517443
You were too much of a casual bitch.
>>
Game doesnt feel like an open world, like RO did, its a little better than your average MMO, but it still feels like story mode is obligatory and holds your hand through all the game, which is a bad design on something that encourages you to have multiple characters, power leveling is impossible.

Classes are terribly balanced, there's no point playing a lot of them.

I gave up on the beta at some point, the game has potential, they just need to change some stuff, and properly balance classes and gameplay, in general. I have little faith, but I hope they improve it, I love most other aspects of ToS.
>>
>>329517443
People deluded themselves into thinking a good Korean MMO was possible
>>
>>329523238
not really, people just really really want an sucessor to ragnarok, that game was in a lot of childhoods

and dont talk to me about ragnarok 2, that doesnt count
>>
I wanted RO and got Diablo instead. Felt a bit strange.
>>
>>329522549
>Classes being balanced is a bad thing

You what?
>>
anime
>>
>>329522549
>power leveling is impossible.
Good

Fuck you end game faggots.
>>
>>329524495
>>329522549
Feels like there is a slight misunderstanding here.
>>
>>329524495
I think you misread something
>>
>>329524610
>>329524653
Oops
>>
>>329517443
just look at this shit

http://www.gemscool.com/berita/read/2016/03/03/13737/news.html

they literary give BETA game to local publisher, its already show shitty bussiness practice. I am so mad right now
>>
all the sprites look the same

granted that image shows ten different ones, but multiply those ten sprites by ten thousand and you have hundred thousand copies of those base ten.
>>
>>329517443

It has four main issues.

1. It tried to modernize RO's formula too much with things like story quests.
2. Balancing issues between class types.
3. Bugs.
5. Shitty boss fights that are made worse by said balancing issues.

I don't know what the KR version is like but if they can iron out 3 of those 4 issues, it will be good enough for me.
>>
File: 1409676049425.gif (109 KB, 209x193) Image search: [Google]
1409676049425.gif
109 KB, 209x193
>>329525025
>1
>2
>3
>5
>>
I swear, Sadhufags are the whiniest bitches I've ever seen in my life.

Zombietrain bokors get utterly fucked over, and and their reaction was "LOL GOOD SERVES YOU RIGHT!!" when literally all they were good for was large mob density and absolutely nothing else.

Sadhus get dropped from absolutely absurd damage to merely being the best cleric DPS by miles, and you'd swear a war crime was committed, judging by the bitching from the same exact people. I just saw you melt a boss in 15 seconds. Shut up. And don't gimme any "it's not good for anything else" bullshit either. That didn't stop these assholes from acting like STR/SPR build bokors needed to be rendered useless, and I've seen more than enough proof to the contrary in both demon prisons.

Fuck Sadhus.
>>
>>329517443
Pretty much everything. Class balance was shit, class skills were overwhelmingly shit and full of terrible filler in a lot of cases, AoE attack ratio and defense, the game couldn't decide if it wanted to be grind-based or quest-based and decided to just be boring and shit at both, the dungeons were very empty and boring with very underwhelming bosses, and all of these issues were talked about by the coreans but weren't really addressed at all with the exception of some more quests and another starting area.
>>
Do character levels still have those absurd EXP requirement humps?
Just because getting the last few class levels before a rank up will take forever, it doesn't mean the player level should experience the same fucking thing.

All that does is back you up, with levels coming out the wazoo as soon as you get over the hump. So it's not even increasing your grind. It's just forcing you to grind a lot in one place.
>>
>>329517443
Korean.
>>
>>329518348
this desu
iCBT 2 progression rate was rather un-fun and that one was increased than the reguluar rate. The grind was not rewarding at all, Sure my numbers went up but fuck man.

i played archer

damage type penalties just made archer unfun man

maybe iCBT just felt that way because cap was 200 and they didnt want you exploring other areas still in the works.

but ill be fucking damned if they ship the game with those rates and progression dude. Leveling at that rate when level cap is around 600 should feel good. Especially with all those fucking classes
>>
I got burned out at level 90 ish in ICBT 2 knowing that my progress would be wiped and stopped but it's a pretty fun game just some optimization and balance issues.

Apparently the open beta test is going to be announced in the next few weeks or so.
>>
>>329518904
>Can't phrase an argument without erecting some retarded strawman to address
Pot calling the kettle retarded I see :^)
>>
>Huge delay on player and AI skills (not latency)
>Unnecessarily long cooldowns
>Terrible, damage sponge instanced bosses or Touhou bosses
>All the dungeons (best source of EXP/drops) are instanced and people are pushing to queue for them like WoW
>No multiboxing prevention in place
>Grind longer than that of 1x iRO that wont work in the modern era
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.