[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best console of all time thread.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: PS2-slim-console.png (794 KB, 1340x1699) Image search: [Google]
PS2-slim-console.png
794 KB, 1340x1699
Do you still play your PS2? What are you playing? Have you modded it? PS2 thread

Do not act like you don't got a PS2.
>>
playing Yu-Gi-Oh Duelist of the Roses and Battlefront II primarily
>>
>>329490634
I don't have one, mine died years ago and most games can just be emulated so I said fuck it.
>>
Mine died after 8 years.
it even had free mcboot
>>
>>329490634
You can mod it? I have a dusty old fat PS2 and I've been upset because my Ratchet 3 disc stopped working.
>>
>>329490996
>mine died years ago

How did this happen? I still got both my slim and fat PS2's and they both still work fine. The fat was bought on launch.
>>
Sphinx and the cursed mummy
very atmospheric and a hidden gem
>>
>>329491170
This. I've still got the one I bought on launch.
>>
i wanted to play okami a few weeks ago, but when i inserted the disk the game didn't due to the disk being old. then i tried pcsx2 for the first time and now after 4 hours of setting everything up, the game works but it crashes when i use the moves, it literally crashes when i move the mouse.
>>
>>329490634
>Do you still play your PS2?
Yes.

>What are you playing?
Playing Nocturne as a PS2 classic on PS3 and have copies of DDS and Devil Summoner ready to play afterwards. I also will occasionally fire up FFXII: IZJS, KH2FM+, and some other random games when the mood hits me.

>Have you modded it?
I've got an original fat and a slim, both are modded to work with Swap Magic, though for some reason the fatty stopped being able to read the swap magic disk over the years.
>>
More like Best gen of all time.
>>
You can mod ps2? How and what benefit does it have

I pay very little attention to consoles and ps2 is the only one i own
>>
>>329491170
>>329491326
I had a launch one too. The little gear that adjusts and focuses the laser died and froze it in one place so the only disk it could read was FFX.
>>
>>329490634
pretty sure everyone still plays their ps2 from time to time. mine is unmodded, but it still sees semi frequent use. not playing it currently because xenoblade chronicles x
>>
>>329490634
I left it at my parents 10 years ago. Never picked it up cause why bother.
>>
>>329491641
>he has parents
Jelly
>>
>>329491502
Load games off hard drive, or burn discs.

Just look up free mcboot, even a third world nigger could do it.
>>
Had this thing for 13 years and I'm surprised it's still in working condition.
>>
>tfw you missed out on the best console of the best gen

Only had the Cube during those days, but I've always meant to go back and get a PS2. I'd really like to finish the .hack games and finally check out stuff like Destroy All Humans and Katamari Damacy.
>>
>>329491502

free games if you find a torrent in 2016, but it's not that difficult since i remember torrenting like 6 or 7 games i didn't have a year ago or so.
>>
if it's the best console of all time then why do I not want to emulate any of the games for it when I have the entire library at my fingertips?
>>
>>329491975
Because you don't actually play videogames?
>>
Nigga I haven't had a PS2 in like 12 years.
>>
>>329490634
Was playing Tales of Abyss and KH a few months ago. My only controller's port plug thing broke and never touched the ps2 since.
>>
>>329491834
Does it work on the fat ps2
>>
>>329492152
It's easier to mod a fat PS2
>>
>>329492058
but i have thousands of hours of playtime across videogames.

there's just nothing on the PS2 that I feel like playing. I would rather have a PS3 or 360 emulator.
>>
>>329491409
Bruh the gen wasn't even a competition. Sony stomped their competition into the ground with the PS2. So I find it a little hard to say the entire gen was the best when really it was only a one console show for the most part.

Fifth gen of consoles was best gen.
>>
>>329492084
ps2 is objectively better than the ps1 because of retrocompatibility
>right behind the gamecube
goddamn, you're such a fag
>>
>>329492764
Why was that post deleted?
>>
File: PS2-Fat-Console-Back-Ntwrk.jpg (3 MB, 2613x3960) Image search: [Google]
PS2-Fat-Console-Back-Ntwrk.jpg
3 MB, 2613x3960
>Fat PS2 no longer reads blue disks
>Decide to mod
>Most tutorials show needing a game and open the PS2 up to do swapmagic
>To arsed to do so
>Drive some 45 minutes away from house to buy memory card with freemcboot preinstalled for $10
>Get network adapter and a 320GB HDD for around $40 together
>Play the games I have that are blue disks
>Look up what other games to get
>Along the way I find a post on how to install free hdloader
>It's legit
>mfw I wasted gas on something unnecessary for free games

The prices on these things have gone up a lot since I last purchased it.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.