[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone played shadow warrior? I got it on sale from steam
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: header.jpg (43 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
43 KB, 460x215
Has anyone played shadow warrior? I got it on sale from steam for like $5 and it was a really good game. It was 17 levels of action and gore, and the story was actually pretty good. Best $5 I've spent in a while
>>
2013 goty for me

Hype for shadow warrior 2
>>
It was okay. Really repetitive, and nothing really stood out about it.
>>
>>329478309
I did.
I hated it. It totally stained the name of the original SW3D, by being one linear, flat and cringe-worthy experience. The arena-like design does not belong to this kind of shooters, and all the guns sucked ass. MC and his "buddy" were annoying as well.

>>329478402
>SW2
enjoy your procedurally generated maps and RPG damage indicators.
>>
Yep
I liked how using mele weapon was a viable option in fps game for once
>>
>>329478607
not only viable but necessary as well. on the two highest difficulties you couldn't get enough money to buy enough ammo at the start and after that you just couldn't do enough damage with most weapons. severe flaw which they hopefully fix next time.
>>
>Enjoying game on hardest difficulty playable on first run
>Get to first bass
>He's a bullet sponge and the weapons in the game are shit and deter you from actually putting points into them.
>Lose desire to play the game.
>>
File: Shadow_warrior.png (400 KB, 800x500) Image search: [Google]
Shadow_warrior.png
400 KB, 800x500
>>329478607
>I liked how using mele weapon was a viable option in fps game for once
you've not played any FPS games made before 2006, have you?

Also for fucks sake, it's called "first person SHOOTER" for a reason. In this category, SW2013 sucks major ass.
>>
>"Old school" FPS
>RPG elements

Why do they do this?
>>
>>329478969
I guess the gun play wasn't particularly good, but the crossbow was pretty satisfying. And anyway, the sword combat was pretty fun with all the powers you had.
>>
>>329478309
Bought it for PS4, great game. Combat is oodles of fun and the game has tons of personality.
>>
>>329479173
I'm kind of a completionist so I always like collecting shit and upgrading stuff, even though in this game it wasn't too deep
>>
>>329478750
>>329478827
>>329478969
If you play through the game on normal and never use the katana or upgrade any magic skills it's fun as fuck. It might even be decently challenging if you never heal yourself

Of course that's just restricting yourself for no reason but nevertheless it's fun as fuck and feels like what the game should've been from the start
>>
>>329479325
>if you don't use most of the things the game offers you, and play it in this very specific manner, it might be enjoyable
The #1 problem of most major releases and IP-reboots in the past 6 years. I just know D44M will fall to this same bullshit.

goddammit, Serious Sam 3 got it right, why can't western devs?
>>
>>329478750
I had the exact same issue.

OK game, but the guns are all shit. The crossbow and rocket launcher are the only ones that can do any decent damage.

The bosses were also dreadful. They are incredibly boring and tedious to fight and are probably the only reason I never replayed the game.
>>
Hard Reset and Bulletstorm are both better than this one, by far.

Get those, friend. Same devs. Polish games are God tier games.

>PainKiller

That one too.
>>
Yeah got it on ps4. Who hardest difficulty? Very satisfying action game.
>>
Shadow Warrior 2 gonna be sweet
>>
Two things that bothered me the most:
Opening hundreds of drawers and boxes and picking up items felt tedious and almost like fucking padding that killed the flow of the game, especially compared to games like Serious Sam, and a lot of the game's systems like the whole karma results at the end of a battle weren't properly explained.
I could do crazy-ass moves in one battle and only get two stars and then in the next one I'd get five for simply shooting things.
>>
>>329478309
The novelty of the sword mechanics wears off after the third chapter. The guns completely suck ass and the Painkiller gameplay where each time you're locked in a room with enemies to kill was just annoying and repetitive after a while. As someone who played the original Shadow Warrior, the remake was completely disappointing.
>>
I honestly thought the game just dragged on for too long

also the bosses were shit
>>
I'm really looking forward to 2 and being able to play it co-op with a few friends.
>>
It was a good game. A much better "classic" 3D shooter than Wolfenstein - The New Order.
>>
>>329480634
see I really want to get bulletstorm every steam sale, but apparently gfwl makes it unplayable. Is that fixed or is it still shit?
>>
It was a fun ass game, although I never seemed to know where to go half the time
>>
>>329478309
Liked it but I wish the level design was more like the game it's supposed to be a reboot of than Serious Sam.
>>
>>329484930
Still shit last time I checked.
>>
>>329480634
>Painkiller

Just for the love of god only get Black and maybe Overdose if you're super desperate for more.
>>
>>329478309
I wanted to enjoy it but I'm one of those that needed to change the FoV. And that game can fisheye very easily.
>>
fun as shit katana, nice graphics
shitty guns, way too long and repetitive
sw2 has great potential i think
>>
>>329479645
>the guns are all shit.

I can't help but feel as if the game has some fucked up damage calculators, hit zone detection, spread, etc. outside of the usual "higher difficulty = more enemy HP" shit.

If you actually bother to use the aiming function (and let's be honest: no one does in a game like this) you'll notice that those demons should normally go down in only like 1-2 revolver shots or ten Uzi bullets but during more hectic sections it feels like you're pumping them full with lead and you can't hit the broad side of a barn, especially with the shotgun.
>>
>>329487421
but you can change fov
the sprinting fisheye effect can be turned off too
>>
>>329487936
That's what I mean. Just changing the FoV in general made the game fish eye to easily. Not just the sprinting.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.