[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm only 30 years old and I already got arthritis in my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: soccer01.jpg (34 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
soccer01.jpg
34 KB, 640x480
I'm only 30 years old and I already got arthritis in my thumbs from playing vidya since I was a kid.

It hurts to play games now -- what do?

I love vidya so much and can't stop now, I'm beyond repair as a human being.
>>
>>329472356
You know what to do
>>
>>329472356
Use M+K. If you can't type your fucked anyway
>>
>Arthritis from playing games

How can you tell for sure?
>>
>>329472356
Use your fucking keyboard, it was always the better choice anyway.
>>
>>329472356
just replace your hands with a controller
>>
I got pretty bad pains in my hands and forearms from playing RTS and MOBA games all day

I stopped playing so much (for other reasons) and played almost entirely slower paced single player games for like 8 months and now it's gone. I've played games all day today and I don't feel it.

My point is you have to take a long break and let it calm down. Find other types of games to play.

It's hard advice, but it's the same advice you'll get if you search for these issues online. These injuries take time to heal.
>>
>>329472356
you donĀ“t get arthritis from playing games, or more specifically, from using a controller.
You get it from doing nothing else.
>>
>>329472356
stretch and ice
>>
>>329472356
Holy shit, can you actually get arthritis from excessive gaming?
I'm fucked
>>
>>329472356
you're fucked
try transistioning into VR or just watch LP'ers
It is what I've had to do to curb my Tennis elbow from game playing.
>>
>>329472356
switch platforms to something you don't use your thumbs on. use fingers instead
>>
>>329472356
How can you tell that videogames caused your arthritis?
>>
>>329472356

You need to vary what the fuck and how the fuck you do with your hands, it can stil lget better
>>
>>329473032
>Tennis elbow from game playing

wii faggle confirmed
>>
>>329472356
So sound like you have shit genes.
I'm 34, been playing vidya since like I was 5, and have zero issues with my hands of any kind.
>>
>>329472356
hi m2k
>>
genetics nigga

genetics
>>
That's not how arthritis works is it? Weren't you always going to develop it?

I'm 32 and while my fingers aren't quite as quick as they used to be I'm still getting by just fine.
>>
>>329472694
i never asked for this
>>
I know a guy who's been playing Guily Gear on a pad for years. Now the doctor says he literally cant play video games anymore since his hands are so screwed up
>>
stop playing for a week or two, probably some kind of inflammation in your thumbs that need time to heal
>>
>>329473179

Sounds like you are a casual.
>>
Play turn based games?
>>
That's what you get for only having consoles you pleb
>>
learn how to play drunk

no pain no gain
>>
>>329472931
Only if you're a fucking retard.

It's like the "gamer mark". Only morons get that.
>>
Switch to mouse and keyboard or control sticks for a while?
>>
By the time I'm 30 they'll have the technology to fix it easily. See you in nine years
>>
File: time_to_die.jpg (17 KB, 638x359) Image search: [Google]
time_to_die.jpg
17 KB, 638x359
Just build your own controller, man. It's extremely simple technology and you can even re-use the parts from existing controllers to make it a lot easier.
>>
>>329472356
Ride till you die motherfucker
>>
>>329475656
if you live that long
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.