[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>yfw Solas doesn't consider any non spellcasting elves
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7
File: hqdefault.jpg (38 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
38 KB, 480x360
>yfw Solas doesn't consider any non spellcasting elves to even be real people

I knew he looked too much like a star trek villain. Shame too, he was my favorite companion - actually felt like a wise and scholarly mage rather than some douchebag doing sparkler twirls with a staff.

I bet the next shitty game won't even have the option to side with him and exterminate the humans and race traitors
>>
EA is going to take Bioware out back after Andromeda release.
>>
File: best part of dai.jpg (410 KB, 1032x865) Image search: [Google]
best part of dai.jpg
410 KB, 1032x865
>>329433272
>I bet the next shitty game won't even have the option to side with him and exterminate the humans and race traitors

I bet next game won't acknowledge him in any meaningful way because it would making too many change for Elves as a playable race. They're never going back to a single playable race after DA2.
>>
>>329433403
True, friendly reminder they handwaved the first games demon baby
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (281 KB, 1915x1072) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
281 KB, 1915x1072
>>329433272
I don't like the way it ended with DLC (Solas taking elves and Inquisitor deciding what to do with the Inquisition as organization) because the way the story is set up basically calls for immediate continuation of said story with same old cast. Close comparison is how Digital Devil Saga ended and then its sequel immediately picks up so it's not a classical sequel per-se as much as just second part of the story. This doesn't really work for Bioware so it confuses why they ended the game on such a tangible cliffhanger.
>>
>>329433403
Didnt Inquisition allow for non-human player characters?
>>
>>329434026
you're expecting good writing from bioware
>>
>>329433403
>all elves everywhere fuck off to join Solas
This was one of the stupider parts of the ending. Really? Every single elf? Why would every elf just go "yeah sure, no prob bro, I'll join your crazy movement" considering many have no connection to Dalish at all and view them pretty negatively?
>>
>>329434383
To be fair, if you've been shit on your whole life and suddenly a super wizard says you can do the shitting you just gotta get your unga bunga on, you'de have a lot of takers

It's probably a case like the mages revolt where those with no interest in revolt had no real choice
>>
>>329433272
>implying any sort of elf is a real person
>>
>>329434730
But even then, you had plenty of Mages who didn't join. Vivienne was leading a whole faction, apparently. I think the Mage Human Inquisitor also came from a moderate faction that had managed to avoid being swept up.

One assumes something similar will happen in the next DA, if they actually let you choose your race again. They'll back pedal a bit, and they'll be pockets of elves that didn't join.
>>
>>329434809
This. Always hated the bald nigger and turned out I was right in doing so. Piece of elf shit.
>>
I've found the combat in Inquisition too boring to bother. What's the deal with this DLC? I know he's the dreaded wolf, and Bioware is pulling something stupid.
>>
What's Bioware fixation with racial and caste conflict and shit?
>>
>>329435054
All of the events of inquisition were a xanatos gambit by Solas. He gave the macguffin to the bigbag to recharge it but the big bad didn't die like planned - originally it was gonna eat him, but when you interfered with the ritual shit.messed up. So he hooked up with you to get his doohicky back so he could turn around and do near the same as the bigbad
>>
File: file.png (1 MB, 1167x900) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1 MB, 1167x900
>>329433272
y...you mean, i'm not real?
>>
>>329435170
Especially not you you annoying cunt

The death of the human race is worth it knoeing you die too
>>
I heard that he dislikes city elves more than the dalish. Is it true? It seems counter-intuitive given that dalish are a mockery of the former elves, while the city elves could at least build something new instead of being on permanent "we lost everything" status.
>>
Hated Solas instantly when i saw him for first time. I kept him in party through the game with Sera and Cass tho.
>>
>>329434293

Yes.
>>
File: image.jpg (190 KB, 762x857) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
190 KB, 762x857
Are the dlcs worth it /v/?
>>
>>329438295
>no evil choices
>only varying types of "yes, reluctantly yes, straight to the point yes and makes a stupid joke yes" responses
>every single female in the game is purposefully designed to be ugly as fuck
>chock full of mmo quests and other filler "content"
Does this sound like a game worth playing, let alone paying money, to you?
>>
>>329433272
Can someone explain this? I didn't finish the game but the dude seemed like a pretty logical thinker who isn't bigoted, does he just randomly near the end of the game show his true intentions or something?
>>
>>329433272

Why does he have AIDS?
>>
File: 1430297501362.png (879 KB, 710x625) Image search: [Google]
1430297501362.png
879 KB, 710x625
>>329433272
To be fair, he doesn't consider all modern Thedas to be real, AT FIRST. You have to remember that he just woke up from a millennia long slumber during which he witnessed his civilization crumble because of his actions, his people turn into shadows of themselves, humans gain power and influence, magic cut off, people afraid of it and unable to walk the Fade.

The Dalish, the sons of the sons of the sons of the slaves he freed, remembers him only as a cruel, tricky deity. He doesn't hate them, he is just disappointed and sad as fuck.

When he woke up it was like a nightmare to him: he came from a completely different world and you can understand how beautiful and complex it was just by reading the notes in Trespasser, where buildings and palaces were made out of magic and Arlathan hovered in the sky.

If you befriend him, in Trespasser he actually says he doesn't want to do this, that he considers Thedas to be "real" now and that it makes everything more difficult. If you romance him, he is even more torn between duty and love.

>>329433403
>I bet next game won't acknowledge him in any meaningful way because it would making too many change for Elves as a playable race

He will probably destroy the Veil or Mythal will, because she is the real mastermind here. If he hesitates, she will push him aside and free the Evanuris to finally have her revenge, then the Evanuris will come and will be the real villains.

DA4 will be the last game of the Dragon Age, the next one will probably be like Andromeda, a turning point with loose ties to the previous games.
>>
>>329438821
he showed his true intentions from the very beginning if you chose the options in dialogue that disagree with him or challenged his ideals
>>
>>329438821
It turns out near the end he's actually an ancient elven God who lost all his powers, Fenharel the dread wolf and traitor.

The old elven gods were actually just super mages who ruled over their people with an iron fist and kept them as slaves (daelish clan markings are actually slave markings). Eventually these mages killed his waifu so he decided the only way to stop them and free his people was cut them off from magic, so he is the one who created the barrier separating the real world from the fade - elven myths about immortality were actually true and they used to be wholly.magical. this cost all his power as well and his spirit was imprisoned and dormant for a long time, until I believe tevinter fuckery freed him.

At the end of inquisition he eats the willing life force/power of morinth (who is another surviving elven God/spirit), and with that and the reclaimed.macguffin (which was originally his, he let the big bad have it planning on him self destructing but your presence.complicated things) he regains his power. In the ending DLC he blows the Qunari the fuck out and reveals his plans to destroy the wall he created, regretting what his actions have done to his people. He's pretty apologetic about it, just a "sorry, I like you bro, but this is going to kill all humans but let me remove the curse from your hand for old times sake kthnx Bai"
>>
>>329439076
>next one will probably be like Andromeda, a turning point with loose ties to the previous games.
I would love it if it went full high fantasy with flying cities.and fruit made of colors and slvador Dali shit. They aren't very good at the gritty medival stuff and it's gotten old
>>
File: 1328596033114.png (152 KB, 425x608) Image search: [Google]
1328596033114.png
152 KB, 425x608
>>329438559
My friend hyped it like fuck so I caved in and bought it on PS3 for 50+- moneys. It's a shitty game and he horrible PS3 loading times makes it even more tedious. I'm not too mad though, since I've pirated every Bioware game after ME.
>>
>>329434026
>I don't like the way it ended with DLC (Solas taking elves and Inquisitor deciding what to do with the Inquisition as organization) because the way the story is set up basically calls for immediate continuation of said story with same old cast.

Inquisition was supposed to be twice as big: they had to cut it in half because it was already so vast. So yes, the next game is literally a second part of a much larger story.

Everyone here says "the next protagonist" and "if they let you choose your race again", but it's clear the Inquisitor will be the main character again. They will give him/her a prostetic arm (and Bioware said they already made some animations for characters without one arm) and make him/her fix this whole mess which is their responsibility. Even in Trespasser they say so.

They will offer us some new companions (the "new people" Solas doesn't know), but the protagonist will be the Inquisitor. Their story isn't over yet.
>>
Ok, I loved the first Dragon Age and absolutely hated the second.

How is Inquisition?
Is there a way to import my choices from the previous without having to replay the first two/buy it?
>>
>>329439382
If DAI is too big that's because it's needlessly filled with filler.

>Everyone here says "the next protagonist" and "if they let you choose your race again", but it's clear the Inquisitor will be the main character again. They will give him/her a prostetic arm (and Bioware said they already made some animations for characters without one arm) and make him/her fix this whole mess which is their responsibility.
Considering Bioware has never done this I find it extremely unlikely. Except Awakening I guess, but that also has an option of a completely new Orlesian Warden picking up the reigns and isn't anywhere near as related as a direct story sequel would be.
>>
>>329439685
>If DAI is too big that's because it's needlessly filled with filler.

I was referring to the plot/character/locations. DA:I might have a lot of filler content, but at least the world isn't as empty as /v/ says. There are actually many things to discover and see.

Anyway, the plot and all the implications of the Blight, elven gods, Old Gods etc. were supposed to be much more. They even planned a trip in the Deep Roads where the Architect was going to show up again.

They already have the plot for DA4 ready, they know in what direction they want to bring the series.

Even though the DA team never used the same character twice, that doesn't mean it won't happen. The series already has too many heroes (the Warden, Hawke, the Inquisitor) and a fourth one, completely unrelated to Solas and with no ties to him, would ruin everything.
>>
>>329439503
>Is there a way to import my choices from the previous without having to replay the first two/buy it?

Yes. The tapestry system let's you micromanage every major previous game decision. You can even design your Hawke when he shows up in game.

Gameplay wise it's a fusion of 1 and 2, not as tactical as 1 but with a few interesting flourishes

Main problem with the game is polish.
>>
>>329434310

Inquisition was well written, though. With the exception of the romance subplots of some characters and Sera (though she's the only character you can pretty much call retarded in-game) everything was pretty damn good.
>>
>>329436050

I believe his quote on them was that while the Dalish were slaves to ignorance, the city elves are placid slaves to even more ignorant people (humans). The whole reason he hates non-mage Elves is because they're completely removed from the glory time elves.
>>
>>329439503

It's on par with 1 narrative/writing wise and the combat is just as awful as 1 for different reasons. Looks good and so long as you aren't expecting Tolkien when you go into romances then you'll enjoy it.
>>
>>329440104
Also
>all that lore
>all those hints and hidden secrets in the codex entries and dialogues
>all those different landscapes and styles for each kingdom/race
>those tavern songs with references to DA:O
>the whole trip in the Fade
>the Ball at Halamshiral
>the Temple of Mythal and the encounter with the ancient Sentinels
>Trespasser

Fuck you /v/, I loved this game.
>>
>>329439309
Fug, what if that was the endgame to their push for gritty when they started dragon age. The transition to high fantasy was planned from the beginning.

Im giving bioware way too much credit.
>>
it's ok if I buy only the trespasser dlc? the others seems to be shit
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.