[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Devil Daggers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: devil daggers title.jpg (89 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
devil daggers title.jpg
89 KB, 1920x1080
How the fuck do you power up in this? I'm collecting gems like a mad cunt and nothing. Also general discussion if you wanna.
>>
You refund it and play a better game
>>
10 Gems for the first upgrade. Kill the spiders ASAP, they will take gems from the arena.

Also if you stop firing gems will draw to you, if you shotgun they will be blown away from you.
>>
This is still my new favorite meme.
>>
>>329432584

Any way to make more gems appear?
>>
>>329433219
Everything that isn't a small skull will drop gems upon being killed, each red weakspot will also drop a gem
>>
This game is such a flagrant cash grab, can we stop discussing it already?
>>
>>329432260
10 gems first upgrade
70 gems for second upgrade
stop firing and gems will draw to you
by the time you get to the spider you should have 8 gems (unless you farmed) and after you kill the spider and then skull mk 2 you should get the first upgrade

you should prioritize spiders and skulls mk2 over just about everything else as spiders suck up gems (replacing them with enemies) and skulls mk 2 ( the ones that come from nests with two gems on them) are a lot more aggressive
>>
File: breaking-news.png (160 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
breaking-news.png
160 KB, 640x360
>>329432410
>>329432954
>>329433414
>>
>>329433414
>Please stop discussing video games on /v/
>>
>>329433313

Hm, well that matches what I was led to believe by the game. Maybe I'm just not killing as many spawners and horned skulls as I think I am. Still, my best run was 91 seconds and even in that time (modest as it is) not one power up. I dunno, just need to git gud I guess.

>>329433414

In what way is it a cash grab? Because it's simplistic? Big deal, so are arcade games from the early '80s but they're great to play in bursts and try to get a higher score in. It's fun. Sorry it isn't a captivating cinematic experience.
>>
Where's the level design?
Where is the rocket launcher?
Where are the alternate modes?
Where are the graphics?
Where is the music?
Where is the rocket launcher?
>>
>>329433664
>arcade games from the early '80s
The ones that cost a fucking quarter?
>>
>>329433664
You either let gems disapear by not getting them early or the spider eats some of your gems, you should be able to get the first powerup before 50 seconds, if you don't get the powerup then 50-110 seconds will be hard to survive but with it it should be rather easy
>>
>>329433759
>the ones that cost a quarter every time you wanted to play them and were designed to eat said quarters
>>
>>329433709
the game was never promised any of those things aside from graphics which it has. what kind of autist actually has a checkbox of things every game needs
>>
>>329433759
>quarter per play vs 5 dollars for infinite plays
Devil Daggers is obviously the better deal.
>>
>>329433709
>Where's the level design?

You're looking at this game completely wrong. It's not meant to be a Doom/Quake clone despite the constant comparisons.

>Where is the rocket launcher?

Agree. Maybe not a rocket launcher specifically but something like it.

>Where are the alternate modes?

Agree again.

>Where are the graphics?

What? It's not a fucking text adventure. They're right there. Check your monitor for problems.

>Where is the music?

Prefer it without. There's enough going on with sound effects alone.
>>
>>329433709
There is music in the main menu
>>
>>329434102

As an industrial fan it's pretty good too. Reminds me of early Einstürzende Neubauten or SPK.
>>
This would have been a free online game years ago.
Now you not only have to pay, but put up with virgins endlessly praising it despite terrible pricing practices.
>>
>>329434330
t. Someone who has never played the game
>>
>>329434529
Played it, mastered it. I've done all you can do in this game, I've seen it all.
Not worth $5. Sorry if I'm not as loose with my money.
>>
>>329434580
ok
>>
>>329434330
what are you talking about? it IS free
not legally, but still
>>
>>329434580
>mastered it
Hahahaha
>>
>>329433537
>tumblr memes

The game has a great style but it's still just a flat test map with one weapon.
>>
good game, 239s so far, got a mate on friends list with 397, never beating that.
>>
>>329434029
>You're looking at this game completely wrong. It's not meant to be a Doom/Quake clone despite the constant comparisons.

A shame because then it would be something good.
>>
>>329435832
To say the game has no level design proves you haven't played it. Enemies spawn at guaranteed times and amounts. You can get upgrades at exactly the same time each time. If that isn't level progression nothing is.

Also there are three weapons
>>
File: 46743454357.gif (17 KB, 383x317) Image search: [Google]
46743454357.gif
17 KB, 383x317
>>329436253
>would be
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.