[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it even possible to surpass Smash 4 + DLC in terms of roster
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: 1402430176790.png (581 KB, 600x576) Image search: [Google]
1402430176790.png
581 KB, 600x576
Is it even possible to surpass Smash 4 + DLC in terms of roster in future games? I can't help but feel that any change in roster in Smash 5 will end up being a disappointment unless they remove some FE characters and add Snake back in.
>>
are you implying that Smash 4 wasn't a disappointment?
>>
>>329426425

You know it will be a 3rd-party fuckfest because Nintendo has nearly ran out of relevant characters that aren't in the game somehow.

In saying that, I could see Banjo-Kazooie being one of the top contenders.
>>
>>329427264
>relevant
How about we drop that stupid rule and keep things Nintendo-based? All these characters we've yet to see in the game.
>>
>>329426425
i'd like to see knuckles, and better pokemon, i thought they would eventually do Richu after all the elementary school rumors we all heard about him being unlockable in 64 . and maybe some MOTHERFUCKING WAVEDASHING!
>>
>>329427472

t. Geno Supporter
>>
>>329427527
Good argument. You sure showed me.
>>
>>329427582

You never refuted it so I'm rightfully assuming you don't want 3rd-party characters because your niche puppet didn't make it in.
>>
Adding Knuckles and Shadow would vastly improve the roster imo. Also Metroid Fusion Samus.
>>
>>329427582
>>329427804
thread derailed 3 posts in. this is why /v/ sucks...
>>
>>329427939
this
>>
>>329426425
now that cloud is in we just need goku and its perfect
>>
>>329428605
fucking goku
>>
>>329426425

It'll seriously be tough to compete.

For one, Inkling is a shoe-in for the next game, and that's a welcome addition as far as I'm concerned. Maybe Takamaru could get the Little Mac treatment and be fully playable. As much as I'd love Saki to have that, his time has passed him by. Oh, and Chibi Robo is long overdue for SOME KIND of representation.

I'd absolutely love to have every 3rd party back, but I've a feeling someone's gonna pull a Konami and back out Then cancel another Silent Hill game and make some pachinko money.

If I had to choose the fewest possible, I'd just want Sonic, Megaman, and Pac Man back. I feel like Platinum wouldn't really mind all that much if Bayo got in again. Maybe Capcom will just say 'whatever' if Mega goes back in, and let Ryu keep fighting. As for Cloud, they got the rights to like one song total, so I feel like Square Enix was somewhat tough to work with. MAYBE fan demand can secure Cloud another seat, but I don't see it as likely. RIP Snake
>>
>>329426425
I'd prefer it if they flesh out every character instead of adding more
>>
File: shine.png (17 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
shine.png
17 KB, 640x480
>>
>>329429804
Every character's down B should be replaced with shine
>>
I unironically like the roster choices except for bringing back veterans as DLC.
Fuck you.
>>
File: mhm.jpg-c200.jpg (11 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
mhm.jpg-c200.jpg
11 KB, 200x200
>>329430258
>>
>>329426425
very possible. it's called Melee HD
>>
>>329432107
>melee HD
>>>/Twitch chat/
>>
>>329432107
>melee HD
>not modes that change game physics to 64, Melee, Brawl, or 4
>>
>>329426425
By Nintendo acquiring Capcom and Squeenix.
>>
>it's another smash 4 thread where no one talks about gameplay
>>
>>329426425
>Is it even possible to surpass Smash 4 + DLC in terms of roster in future games?
Yes. They have a long while to go before the next Smash even gets announced. In that time, they may create new series to go along with the games and they have other Nintendo characters they haven't used on the roster yet.

>>329426425
>I can't help but feel that any change in roster in Smash 5 will end up being a disappointment unless they remove some FE characters and add Snake back in.
It would only be disappointing if they keep removing characters like they've kept doing since Brawl. Speaking of which, I never understood the reason for people wanting characters gone, especially for a game like Smash. I understand not liking a character, but wanting character removals in Smash seems selfish. That said, I won't find myself disappointed as long as the large majority of announcements are Nintendo-related and not third party-related.

Outside roster silliness, they really need to work on their game modes and content decisions. Talking gameplay itself would take another post since I do have issues with Smash 4's gameplay. It's putting me off from caring about 5 in general.
>>
>>329433501
Do you like the part where you hit them hard enough and they go flying offscreen? I think that is kinda fun
>>
>>329426425
They could add Banjo. Or Crash. Or Rayman. Or Eggman. Or Simon Belmont. Or Snake.
They could stop ignoring DK and Metroid.
They could stop over-repping FE and KI.
Too bad none of this will ever happen until Sakurai dies.
>>
>>329433501
Smash 4's gameplay is boring as fuck. It's better than Brawl and 64, but not as good as Melee.
Sheik, Rosalina, and ZSS win
Not much else needs to be said
>>
>>329433684
i like the part when someone Dthrows into Uair
>>
>>329433912
You know that feel when you return to the stage? like when you get knocked out of the stage and you think that you are done for, but then you remember that you have a double jump so I press the jump button but it is not enough, but then I remember that I can press up and then b and it is enough to save myself
It's the best feel and it rewards skillful play
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 240x320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 240x320
>>329426425
There's always one thing they could add.

Just not while Sakurai is involved.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.