[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
uh
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
File: general_gandhi.png (169 KB, 1553x971) Image search: [Google]
general_gandhi.png
169 KB, 1553x971
uh
>>
>>329417465

>relations have become neutral

Holy shit what a crazy development.
>>
star lanes are objectively better

prove me wrong
>>
>>329417465
>pacifistic militarist

Space kung fu monks.
>>
File: 2016_03_02_00_13_17_Photos.jpg (407 KB, 1281x984) Image search: [Google]
2016_03_02_00_13_17_Photos.jpg
407 KB, 1281x984
pick my race
>>
>>329418282

Humans.
>>
>>329417465
>pacifistic militarist
It's the ultimate strategy. Create an unbeatable army that has no weapons but is completely unkillable, and just walk into enemy bases/capitals and refuse to leave. It's not like they can kick you out.
>>
>>329418282
Game is way more fun when not being OP as fuck. Also RNG mechanics -> Klackons
>>
>>329417465
What drives a man to go neutral?
>>
>>329418660
Apathy
>>
>pacifist militarist

So... space Gandhi?
>>
>>329418282
Klackons

they're the sexiest
>>
>play any 4x game
>no matter what diplomatic thing you do, what kind of alliance you have, what kind of trade relations you have the AI will always dick out and attack you out of the blue for no reason at all even if you had peaceful relations with them for four thousand years
>>
>>329417465
Pacifist does not mean a refusal to use violence. Pacifist means violence is always the last thing resorted to, and killing is avoided if at all possible.

Many Bhuddist warrior monks were pacifists, and slow to go to war, but still very warlike.
>>
>>329419375

well they are trying to win the game too anon
>>
The means to peace is to prepare for war.
>>
>play MOO2
>have heaps of fun
>sooner or later the enemy AI starts sending an infinite amount of flimsy ships that travel to my system, attempt to engage my forces then retreat and repeat the whole thing over and over and over

Happens every time and it's annoying as fuck.
>>
File: DEUS VULT.gif (14 KB, 416x416) Image search: [Google]
DEUS VULT.gif
14 KB, 416x416
>people are discovering the magic of master of orion
>mfw this could bring about another age of 4x space games
>>
>>329419375
I don't remember which game it was but there was one where the AI will never ever betray you and this just makes everything really boring.

You have to treat alliances like ceasefires. At any given moment you could be getting invaded and so you have to still prepare for that event. This is important because it takes momentum out of your primary objective - so YOU can't steamroll all over your focused enemy with 100% of your fleet/army
>>
>>329419746

my favorite 4x game to this day is Birth of the Federation

it has many flaws but I just love starting it up and playing for a bit before the shitty code makes every turn a pain in the ass to go through

Same thing with CIV3. I prefer it to any other Civ game but after a while the crap coding makes every turn last forever
>>
>>329420017

In most recent sim games of that type they have multiple ways to "win" the game, most of them not including warfare at all.
Cultural victory, diplomatic victory, build/research a certain goal tech or advancement, etc...
Even in games like Europa Universalis and its spinoffs you can go through the entire game and never be at war at all and still achieve a lot.
>>
>>329419557
The same thing happens in Endless Space, unless they patched it. The worst part is that it just wastes so much fucking time and slows the turn progression to a crawl, regardless of whether or not you skip the fights.
>>
>>329420246
I really liked that in Rise of Nations. Trying to speedrun economically was fun for a bit.
>>
>>329418282
Gnolams

Jew everyone out of their money
>>
>>329420071
It always started crashing about 100 turns in for me no matter when i played it, back when it was new or at any time i wanted to try it again. In fact i tried it a couple months ago and the endless crashing made it impossible.
>>
>>329420513

botf or civ3?
>>
>>329419746
>discovering
I would say re-discovering. I have fond memories of playing moo1 as a child with my dad, who still plays moo1 to this day, 23 years later.
>>
File: moo2_silicoids.gif (51 KB, 300x330) Image search: [Google]
moo2_silicoids.gif
51 KB, 300x330
>>329418282
Master fucking race.
Fragile creatures need not apply.
>>
File: colonize.gif (598 KB, 896x1120) Image search: [Google]
colonize.gif
598 KB, 896x1120
>>
File: zapp.gif (17 KB, 259x200) Image search: [Google]
zapp.gif
17 KB, 259x200
>>329417465
>relations have become neutral
>>
>>329420573
botf
>>
The game I played the most was Master of Magic.

Ass-backwards imbalanced but I loved the fact that you could explore two parallel world maps and recruit heroes and equip them with magic items you'd forge and so on.
Also special racial units and buildings and so on.

Still have nightmares about phantom soldiers cutting through my heroes like butter though.
Or ranged units fucking my shit up before I can even move.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.