[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
XBOX ONLY HAS (2) EXCLUSIVES FOR 2016
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 6
File: 2.jpg (46 KB, 894x717) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
46 KB, 894x717
What the fuck happened? Two third person shooters, that's literally it.
>>
Why don't you include the games coming to Windows 10 as Xbox exclusives?

I still regarded Rocket League a PS4 exclusive when I could play it on PC.
>>
>>329386140
JUST
>>
>>329386140
>Why isn't Mega Man Battle Network 2 a WiiU exclusive?
>>
>>329385943
>implying those two aren't coming to PC as well

Too bad Windows store is literal cancer
Too bad I don't know how to use the word "literal."
>>
Isn't crackdown coming to windows 10?
>>
Thats not how it works now fampai

Xbone is now under W10, so you tally all the games as Windows exclusives
Nintendo NX is a joint handheld and console, so you tally all handheld and console games as NX exclusive
Sony is the only one left behind. They still have...heh...console exclusive...LOL. I feel embarrassed for them. Always playing ketchup to the mustard race
>>
MUH EXCLUSIVES MUH EXCLUSIVES MUH EXCLUSIVES
>>
>>329386189
I'm not joking. I'm genuinely curious. I'm pretty sure PCs aren't even considered a competing platform.

>>329386223
That's a bad comparison, both are Nintendo consoles.
>>
>>329385943
Thats 2 more than the ps4
>>
>>329386421
This exactly.
MS reaps a full share of profits and is fully in control of its ecosystem.

Nintendo assuming is the same thing, reaps a full share of profits and is fully control of its ecosystem.

Sony either suffers mediocre sales due to full exclusivity, or has to share sales with Steam, or both. But hey at least their fanbase gets to feel like a special snowflake for 15 minutes.
>>
Well I'm gonna get Cuphead and Sea of Thieves.
>>
>>329385943

both those games will be coming to pc. it's inevitable at this point
>>
>>329386725
coming to Windows 10*
>>
>>329386140
You are literally retarded
>>
>>329386631
also Microsofts users are benefiting massively from this already, if Nintendo does the same thing and theyre successful, Nintendo will as well, you'll finally get things like F-Zero again

Sony wants to stick to marketing big AAA multiplats and keeping exclusives fully locked to its system, thats fine, thats okay if the fans want that, but all it means is less money, the advertising works (alot) but the exclusives end up getting massively ignored, apart from a few like Uncharted and to a much lesser degree Bloodborne.
>>
Well, I bought the damn thing already. Might as well buy the games for the Xbone regardless of being on PC. From now on, I'll just wait weeks before the good shit like Scalebound or Phantom Dust come out before actually buying the console.
>>
>>329385943

Sunset Overdrive is still exclusive, right?
>>
>>329386631
What the fuck are you talking about?
Microsoft makes money on software sold on their platforms, Nintendo makes money on software sold on their platforms, and sony makes money on software sold on their platforms.

Microsoft is killing the xbox brand to try and make money on pc games where they have to compete with the infinitely more popular steam, Sony will have less and less competition and will dominate the console gaming market. Microsoft will then be left with a tiny number of xbox console users and a tiny number of windows store users while steam and Sony rake in the big bucks in their respective markets
>>
Is this the thread where we all speculate wantonly?
>>
>>329388086
You really think a game, published by MS, sold through the Windows Store will receive less of a share of money than say, Hellldivers on PC?

Enjoy your absolutely bizzaro world logic.
>>
>>329387662
I guess so.
>>
>>329388683
They get an increased margin in return for murdering their brand and opening the door for every competitor? Great deal
>>
>>329389834
>letting more people play their games is murdering their brand

Literally fucking what are you talking about

The whole 'teehee no-one can play my games but me!' mindset is massively outdated from a consumer standpoint and borderline retarded from a business standpoint.
>>
>>329389941
You're still not understanding this so let me help you with a handy timeline

>Microsoft start releasing 'exclusives' on their pc store

>people stop buying xbox consoles, no exclusives anymore

>ps4 sales increase

>More people buy Microsoft exclusives, but they lose a gigantic chunk of console market share and 3rd party games revenue with it.

Do you think enough pc gamers are going to buy forza and shit to offset the loss of revenue from lower margin, but much higher mass sellers like fifa, cod, ass creed etc?
>>
>>329390831
Normies don't buy consoles for exclusives, if they did shit like CoD wouldn't do well on both MS and Sony consoles.
>>
>>329390831
>people stop buying xbox consoles, no exclusives anymore

Yeah so thats why CoD and Fifa are still the biggest selling games (on consoles) by a wide margin and the Wii U despite being nearly full of exclusives has sold poorly.

Try posting when you actually have a fucking clue about the industry.
>>
>>329390831
>exclusives sell consoles
>>
>trick idiots into buying an Xbox with exclusives
>turn around and make everything available on PC as well
Genius
>>
File: image_33.jpg (56 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
image_33.jpg
56 KB, 540x720
>>329391161
>they don't
Do you know how many people bought a PS4 JUST to play Bloodborne? A fucking lot. Me included. I have a PS4, WiiU, 3DS, Vita, and my toaster of a PC. The only reason I won't buy an Xbox is literally because it has no exclusive games. Any game I can get for it, I can get on my PC or my PS4. There is absolutely no reason to own one now if every fucking game it has will be on PC.
>>
File: 1392564295525.gif (3 MB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
1392564295525.gif
3 MB, 512x288
>>329385943
>2 more than PS4
WE DID IT XBROS!
>>
File: 1451775726816.png (114 KB, 405x210) Image search: [Google]
1451775726816.png
114 KB, 405x210
>>329391793
Didn't Bloodbourne do pretty poorly for how many people owned a PS4 at the time?
>>
>>329391793
True that I was dancing around getting a xbone recalling all the great memories of gears and halo but now it's coming to Windows. Going to use that money and get a ps4 and possible an nvidia shield tv.
>>
>>329390831
>exclusives mattering

The PS4 isn't selling because of exclusives, it's selling because the Xbox One fell flat on it's face in the crucial initial stages and has not and will not ever recover.
Exclusives are not a good way to make money off of a console business, shit like Uncharted barely pays for it's own marketing budget, especially considering the consoles are being sold at a loss. They actually need all of the exclusive sales just to keep the brand afloat for any length of time.
The biggest sellers are dudebro games, which are also on PC.
>>
>>329391793
Halo 5 is still exclusive, as is any Halo game. And yes, people will buy Xbox's just for Halo, as it has been for 15 years.They don't need a plethora of exclusive franchises, only a few.
>>
>>329385943
PC and Xbox One are becoming hybrids. PC and Xbox are now One.
>>
Microsoft has done a smart by merging W10 and Xbone brands

They'll doublesmart if they cut a deal with Valve to let Steam run on Xbones making up to all the people who fucked up by buying a bone, by making it a cheap windows gaming machine

They gotta be aware that PC hardware that utterly destroys the anemic AMD laptop APU both the bone and ps4 run is going to become cheap and portable really soon - the Steam machine thing was a false start but give it another year and prebuilt compact PCs that double the PS4 in power are gonna be only barely more expensive than one, while still being a better deal in every other regard. By throwing everything into W10 Microsoft is hoping to preempt that and get a shot at platform relevance again

What I personally hope is they don't simply toss the xbone out

All the poor bros who got scammed into buying one for one mediocre halo game and a couple forzas, for your sake I hope in 2017 your bones will be running a full W10, and the master race will welcome you back
>>
>>329391793
That's not a lot of people in the grand scheme of things, something like the 1 million out of 30 million who own the console.

Nobody cares what your specific rationale for buying something is when they're simply trying to increase their sales.
>>
>>329392348
>They'll doublesmart if they cut a deal with Valve to let Steam run on Xbones making up to all the people who fucked up by buying a bone, by making it a cheap windows gaming machine

Not gonna happen. Windows 8's store/walled garden approach which is what the Windows 10 store is (literally the same thing and even just X-box Live's marketplace) is why Valve toed into Linux a few years back.

I doubt Valve would kowtow to Microsoft's money to get their "PC-console" initiative done, despite that being the best move for both of them because nobody is going to go to Linux. (Just look at Steam user stats, barely anyone is using Linux for the client)
>>
>>329386421
Xbox One is gonna be a PC powered console.

NX will be a universal console both handheld and console with BC and no optical drive.

PS4... Going to play games...VR........Destiny 2......
>>
>>329391793
Bloodborne sold poorly considering the install base.

PS4 owners are all CoD/FIFA players.
>>
>>329392793
>NX is a handheld
>Nintendo makes a deal with Microsoft
>NX can connect to an Xbox One for HD games
Who else sees this happening?
>>
>>329388086
There not. There evolving the Xbox One through upgradeable hardware.
>>
>>329391937
No, it did perfectly reasonably.

Last time they commented on it, it was well in the 2,000,000 range, it's likely significant more now Old Hunters and a bunch of sales have happened. They also said that it specifically did better than they expected.

What you're looking for is "attach rate" (number of game units sold on a system over systems sold) but it has a perfectly reasonable attach rate for a game on a non-Nintendo console. Even the absolute best sellers on PS2 didn't have exceptionally high attach rates.

People like to compare it to Nintendo stuff, especially Splatoon, but the defining flaw there is that Nintendo is very much appealing to its own niche. It has little outside its own audience (as in the audience for its first party games) on its platforms, and that leads to a very homogenous audience. Couple that with low platform sales and it results in very high attach rates.

So no, it didn't do "poorly for how many PS4s sold" at all. As far as an action game of its pedigree goes, as far as PS/X1 standards go it has a pretty standard attach rate, and regardless it outsold Sony/From expectations.

I'm not saying this to go "hurr Nintendo", I'm just legitimately trying to explain where you presumably heard that and the context it has.
>>
>>329392760
Technically all they'd have to do is let people run whatever they want, by going full W10 on every xbone

But I agree it's kinda unlikely and xbone itself will forever remain even sadder than the WiiU, locked down to run inferior multiplats until they cut support in 5 years
>>
>>329393204
>Last time they commented on it, it was well in the 2,000,000 range, it's likely significant more now
That was vgchartz not From
>>
File: whataps4exclusivelookslike.jpg (36 KB, 968x116) Image search: [Google]
whataps4exclusivelookslike.jpg
36 KB, 968x116
>>329386140
>I still regarded Rocket League a PS4 exclusive when I could play it on PC.

thats pretty delusional
>>
Sea of Thieves and Scalebound are all that matter.
>>
>>329393204
2 million isn't "A fucking lot." and goes against the idea that normal people buy consoles for exclusives.
>>
>>329390831

This comment is correct, and all disagreeing are fucking retards.

>Xbox main selling point becomes being the worst place to play games
>Xbox sales tank as negative stigma attaches.
>all that delicious licensing money disappears because people are buying PS4's and play multiplats there.
>Small amount of revenue Microsoft makes from selling Forza on PC doesn't do jack shit as PC people buy every single other game on steam giving Microsoft 0 money.
>Microsoft stops game development because no money.
>>
>>329392048
I prefer the Xbox One more. Better deals, external hard drives, Xbox rewards program, more and better games, backwards compatibility, you can run your cable box through your Xbox.

It's got more use then PS4.
>>
>>329393204

It was under 2 million sold in last checked and Sony said they shipped 2 million, not sold. But the attach rate for a "console seller" was bad along with The Order 1886 (Completely tanked). It didn't sell consoles. It just sold to the people who had a PS4 already and defeated the notion that "People buy the console for exclusives". The outright flop of Street Fighter V only reinforced it.

The context is that Bloodborne only sold OK for a game that was supposed to move consoles. That's not good. That's "We should sell the porting rights to a 3rd party publisher so they can port it to PC" numbers but the PS4's exclusives slate is so rotten that they have to hold it hostage because they are trying to win back the notion that "People buy consoles for exclusives" when it's far from reality.
>>
>>329393276
> Technically all they'd have to do is let people run whatever they want, by going full W10 on every xbone

Problem with that is, you can't guarantee that Windows 10 X-box PC OS won't somehow fuck up with 90% of the titles that Steam has. Like, if you installed STALKER and needed a work around, how would that happen on X-box when they don't allow you full control of the OS?
>>
>>329392348
Phil said there not getting rid of the One but rather upgradeable like an iPhone. It means we'll see models in a few years that could run PC games on ultra.
>>
>>329393790

Why would people buy games on the PS4 when it's equally as bad as the xbox. Even normies will just buy an easy HTPC solution if it plays COD better.

Exclusives don't sell consoles.
>>
>>329394096
>Exclusives don't sell consoles to Normalfags
FTFY
>>
>>329394203

And weebs are migrating to the PC since that has weeb games so sales are going to rock bottom for PS4 exclusives soon. Only hardcore Sonyfags will buy Uncharted 4. Everyone else will watch it on youtube.
>>
>>329394096

So how would them buying a PC help Microsoft Game Studios?

They're 99% likely to buy those multiplats on steam.

Whether they buy a PC or a PS4 Microsoft is going to lose out on licensing fees which are the cut they get from every single game sold.

You've said exclusives don't matter, so therefore the exclusive games they sell on the windows store won't matter.

When you buy a game on xbox you have to go through Microsoft. When you buy a game on PC you have tons of options, and most don't require giving Microsoft a dime.

There's 0% chance Microsoft increases game revenue by sacrificing the xbox for PC, it doesn't add up.
>>
>>329393927
>That's "We should sell the porting rights to a 3rd party publisher so they can port it to PC" numbers
I was unaware that was a type of number.

If it was, then surely 90% of the other SCE funded games in the past five years would be released on PC? Everything from Freedom Wars to Infamous.

I'm fairly sure that SCE does not ever sell the porting rights to any of their published games to get them released on PC.
>>
>>329393790
You are legitimately an extremely dumb person if you believe exclusives are the reason most people buy consoles.
>>
>>329393128
Nah but I believe it's going to have its on Xbox capabilities. Basically Xbox and NX are going to be the future while PS4 is gonna age badly.
>>
>>329388086
>Microsoft is killing the xbox brand
They aren't. They're still going to sell Xbox consoles. Games sold through the Windows Store, or that use DirectX 12 run in a virtual console environment which restricts their access to the full power of the PC. If they're attempting to kill anything its PC gaming as we know it.
>>
>bought a Xbone on Black Friday for Halo 5 and MCC and other exclusives after M$ said they'd focus on exclusives
>now this shit comes out

JUST
>>
>>329394395

You are extremely dumb if you don't think exclusives are a major selling point. Especially with the enthusiast early adopter crowd.

You may get a large majority of your sales from casuals, but you need that initial surge to prove that your product is viable. Exclusives help provide that initial interest in the product.

If 0 early adopters are onboard with your system then the casual market is never going to materialize because it's already a flop.
>>
>>329394365

They will be on PC. That is all that matters as long as it kills consoles, famicom :)
>>
>>329394924
Even if it means Microsoft turns your PC into something no better than a console?
>>
>>329385943
0 worth playing
>>
>>329395018

>"I am concerned it will turn PC into a console even though I have been trying to subtly shill the PS4 all thread"

Why do you want it to be a console, then?
>>
Microsoft's stance now: Exclusives don't matter, in fact they are bad for the industry.

Then why the fuck did you make xbox exclusives in the first place? Why weren't multiplat in the first palce.

Why are your new games still exclusive? To windows10?

You corporate cocksuckers are going to pretend now that Sony exclusives are bad now you watch, when you games are still exclusive in their own right, it's just okay when Microsoft says exclusives don't matter anymore.
>>
I just want copies for all my xbone games on pc then I can sell my xbone and live in peace
>>
>>329395279

It's even funnier because not even a year ago, especially leading up to E3, Phil's whole message was.

>Fuck 3rd parties, we need to create exclusive unique experiences.

No one seems to remember that.
>>
>>329395159
Not wanting PCs to be turned into consoles, or being against the XBox does not mean I am for the PS4. There aren't two options.

There are PC platforms outside of the hold of tablet and console companies.
>>
>>329394909
Except that they AREN'T a major selling point.
To most console buyers exclusives (and graphics) are just things that justify their purchase for a CoD and Fifa Machine. Exclusives have almost no value to most of them outside of "Look what you don't get to play!" shit.

When Uncharted starts pulling Call of Duty numbers you'll have a point.
>>
>>329395442
Exclusiveâ„¢*

>*So long as the game isn't on Sony or Nintendo's platforms, it's called this.
>>
>>329395279
>You corporate cocksuckers are going to pretend now that Sony exclusives are bad now you watch
PC players have been saying this forever, you deluded ass-blasted Sonygger
>>
>>329395442
You mean they said they need to create first party games, and they're doing that.

What's your point?
>>
>>329395279

Because that's what the industry does. And now with a generation of failed console exclusives behind us like Street Fighter V. Why the fuck would you want to make a game limited to one platform when at least PC will be always there. And with Microsoft's plan, SF V will always be forward compatable with Windows 10 devices. The amount of money Sony would have to pay to Capcom to keep "Forward compatability if MS embraces PC more" would be astronomical. Their plan is to carry your games over on PC/Xbox platform.

I guarantee that if the NX runs COD better than the PS4 that a lot of dudebros used to the Apple/Samsung upgrade train will trade their PS4's away for the newer model.

Than what will be left for the PS4 but exclusives that don't sell?
>>
>>329394605
They said they'd focus on first party instead of third party.
>>
File: nomoreconsoles.png (96 KB, 1806x269) Image search: [Google]
nomoreconsoles.png
96 KB, 1806x269
Saw this a while back
>>
>>329395946

Where is this deluge of first party games they're creating for PC and Xbox? All I've seen is already planned xbox games being ported to PC.

Halo Wars 2 is the only one that might qualify.

This is just coasting by on an already built up xbone audience and strangling a few extra dollars out of people for PC versions until they can gracefully exit the console business.

I'd love to be proven wrong at E3 with a bunch of new game announcements, but I don't see it happening.
>>
>>329386407

>2016
>>
>>329396328
Scalebound
Killer Instinct
Quantum Break
Sea of Theives
Recore
Ori
Gigantic
Crackdown

All new ip's or games that haven't seen an installment in several years

All
>>
>>329395874
Exclusives do matter you fucking dumb PC faggot and they are a good thing.

Consoles built an infrastructure that supports good software development and a market for higher quality video games being exclusives. Real exclusives are funded, created and developed out of consoles own pockets and they are typically good quality vidiya.

You've been playing multiplats for so long you probably don't even know what good or half decent vidiya is anymore.
>>
>>329385943
is this the fresh new meme?
>>
>>329396606
What the fuck does that have to do with what I said, retard? Are you some illiterate nigger?
>>
>>329396606
>exclusives are always a high quality

Yeah gotta love that Knack and Order 1886.

Also your statement is fucking nonsensical, not an exaggeration you type as if you're having a stroke.
>>
>>329396532
>Scalebound
>Quantum Break

Not first party.
>>
>>329396606
You can build an infrastructure with good software development without it being exclusive to one device you idiot.

That's the entire point of Universal Windows Apps
>>
>>329396839
>published and funded by Microsoft who owns the IP

Yes it is.
>>
>>329396532

Most of these were announced or released ages ago back when exclusives apparently mattered to xbox.

I'll give you Sea of Thieves as I believe that was announced at E3 as xbox/PC right away.

I'm more in particular asking where all the announcements are since Phil said by expanding the brand they'd be able to make a lot more games.
>>
>>329396839
Yes they are, MS owns the right to those games.
>>
>>329396963
>That's the entire point of Universal Windows Apps
Lol, no. That may open up a number of devices but you're still locked to one version of one OS.

Vulkan, and SDL provide far better infrastructure for good software development and let you target better platforms.
>>
>>329397047
>>329397161
No, those games are not first party games, they're moneyhatted exclusives from third party developers

>platinum games
>remedy
>first party
>>
>>329396606
Exclusives are only "good" if you're a retard and only own a console.

Even then you're paying more for a game that runs and looks worse than even the lowest settings on PC.

At least Microsoft understands that literally no one wants a Xbox this generation and are moving more games on to PC.
>>
>>329393469

>350 hours

Disgusting
>>
>>329397308
If you own all the rights to an IP, it's still first party you fucking dipshit.

Starfox Zero isn't magically a third party game either, it's been OUTSOURCED, but its very much a first party effort.
>>
>>329396839
The thing that gets me about scalebound is when the contract was drawn up, I am 99% sure Microsoft laid out the terms that scalebound would be exclusive to xbox and no other platform. Hopefully if Microsoft has to break the contract they will allow the game to go on other platforms.
>>
>>329397308
They own those ip's, its first party
It doesnt need to be done by fucking 343i to count as first party
>>
>>329397538
>>329397424

If the developer hasn't been aquired by Microsoft and is not a subsidiary of Microsoft, they are not first party developers making first party games.

The game is being made by a third party developer, funded by Microsoft, it's still an exclusive but it's not a first party exclusive, its a moneyhatted title, not as bad as the outright artificial exclusivity Microsoft pulled with Tomb raider but its a step back.
>>
The days of the traditional console are over. It'll be a PC-variant space from now on until the status quo changes.
>>
>>329397736
You're really just going to carry on spinning your own headcanon about how intellectual properties work aren't you?
>>
>>329397736
dude it literally doesn't work like that at all

sm4sh was done by namco, its still first party
>>
>>329392054
Yeah, but given that HTPCs still haven't caught on in the larger market, the consoles still have an advantage there, even though the true critical benefit of consoles, offline couch co-op, has largely gone the way of the dinosaur. Not disagreeing with you or anything, you're dead on, just expanding on why PCs aren't getting the dudebro market as much.
>>
>>329397736
If the publisher owns the right to the IP, and it's being published on their platform. It's first party.

A hired blind downs syndrome kid working for CNN could make the next Gran Turismo. If it's published by Sony on the PS4, its first party.
>>
>>329398516
Still wrong

Quantum Break is an iffy ground between first and second party

But it's not third.
>>
>>329397391
I didn't know "no one" is 18 million people.
Many people just want to plop in and play and not bother with building a rig.
They just want to port to PC so they can get an even bigger slice of the pie. They're not abandoing the xbox.
God, this board sometimes.
Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.