[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Looking for someone to add to PSN friends who has a good two
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
File: dragon dogma aresian-700x800.jpg (156 KB, 700x800) Image search: [Google]
dragon dogma aresian-700x800.jpg
156 KB, 700x800
Looking for someone to add to PSN friends who has a good two handed skilled warrior in Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen so that I can have them as a pawn while I level. Would be very much appreciated. Add me on PSN: rubertidom or post your tag here so that I can add you. Many thanks in advance.
>>
Do people still play the console versions?
>>
>>329355212
omg is this the response to every thread? Why does it matter to you if I want to play the console version?

Just in case it matters: My gaming PC is fucked up. I'm on crappy laptop right now that sucks for gaming. Therefore, I'm enjoying some PS3 games for the time being IF THAT'S OK WITH YOU
>>
>>329355212
Yep, my old level 90 pawn still gets rents every week.
>>
>>329355102
Does level matter?
>>
>>329355851
lol ps3
>>
>>329355851
It is a personal affront to all pc gamers that anyone anywhere would ever play a console game. Stop liking what they don't like. It's rude.
>>
>>329355212
>>329356201
Your pawns don't go away when you stop playing. They're still there for others to use.
>>
>>329356365
There's such a thing as casual gamers who don't spend enough time on it to nessesitate buying all the newest stuff every year.
>>
>>329356524
God I hate being a pc person somtimes. People like you make us all look bad
>>
>>329355851
jesus calm down
>>
>>329356524

He was asking a simple question. The ps3 version is years old he was just curious.

If he wanted to troll like many sony ponies do he would have said

HURR NO ONE PLAYS ON PS3 IT'S DEAD
>>
>>329358742
>>329358756

Point taken.

So like, does anyone have some pawns I could use or no?
>>
>>329359280
I asked you if level mattered.
>>
>>329360130
My bad I missed that. well I'm at 20 currently, so anywhere around or preferably above that would be cool. I'm open to whatever though. Thanks.
>>
>>329355851
>>
Is Fighter viable in Everfall and Bitterblack Isle? It has no real ranged option but it's still my favorite class to play.

If I stick with it would I have a hard time in endgame?
>>
>>329361631
Kek
>>
>>329359280
Psn: Myrridan ; strider
>>
Can I play a fencer type using dual wield Rapiers? Just started my first character
>>
>>329364570
Closest you'll get to that is dual daggers with Strider, sadly; there is a Rapier sword in the game but it's kinda shit.
>>
>>329364440

Thanks
>>
>>329365060
Hmm.

Is Strider fun? It's either that or Mage, but not sure how fun mage is in this game.
>>
>>329355212
a
>>
>>329365651
Both Sorcerer and Strider are fun and good vocations; Strider gets this skill called Skull Splitter that's pretty much a 'fuck you' button and it isn't a bad ranged user either. Sorcerer is very flashy and definitely more 'tactical' and it's possible to really gimmick some of the boss monsters to death a lot earlier than you could otherwise. I killed a giant Cyclops in BBI way earlier than I should have been able to by just standing in the hallway where he couldn't reach me and spamming Maelstrom over and over.
>>
>>329366063
How active is the spell casting? Is it just MMO fare hotbar stuff?
>>
>>329366215
If I had to pick an MMO it's most similar to I'd have to say FFXI; there's a cast time where you're held mostly immobile (some spells you can move, very slowly, while casting) and you can charge multiple levels of the spell, which of course makes it stronger.

A lot of the bigger spells are absurdly strong (Bolide, Maelstrom, Glicel) and worth the weight, the 'tactical' comes from using your pawns to distract enemies while you cast. I'm a Sorcerer and my pawn is a Mage; I usually hire a fighter and a warrior and it works out pretty good.
>>
>>329366478
I assume once I've picked something I'm stuck with it?
>>
>>329366621
Oh, no. You want to be a LITTLE careful because the vocation you are when you level decides your stat growth (so if you level as a Sorcerer for 50 levels and then switch to, say, Warrior, your Magic will be really high but not help you at all) but you can switch just whenever. I actually started as a Fighter, played most of the game as a Strider or Ranger, and switched to Sorcerer post-game for something different and I'm doing just fine in the endgame.

You can switch vocations via innkeeper.
>>
File: yeah..jpg (110 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
yeah..jpg
110 KB, 500x375
Anyone have that image that describes all the vocations? I remember Assassin was an invisible Sanic.
>>
>>329366063
>Strider gets this skill called Skull Splitter that's pretty much a 'fuck you' button
Just wait until you get the third upgrade
>>
>>329366810
Sweet, thanks for the help.
>>
>>329362609
Still curious about this. Is Fighter asking for trouble?
>>
>>329367384
There's one optional enemy (maybe two) that I'm not sure how you would beat, but otherwise if you've done the rest of the game you'd be super fine.
>>
>>329367968
Which are those, out of curiosity?
>>
>>329366810

High magic stats are useful with elemental weapons or when enchanted. The magic classes all have skills that don't depend on your magic power and get big bonuses from abusing elemental weakness anyway. All that matters is that your weapon is up to par and that you are using the right skills for the job.
>>
>>329368221
Without a ranged option, I don't know how I personally would have dealt with the giant gorecyclops that are constantly raging very quickly and one-shotting me with their spiked club. Almost all my levels were gained as an assassin though, so my defense is low, and pure fighters/warriors/MKs have access to better armor. Plus, I'm sure you'll innovate and find a way to beat them anyway, even if you have to slash at their feet forever.

Other than that, Death? It's probably not even that bad. If you and all your pawns have 100% sleep resistance, you can get a lot of free hits during his sleep storm, and use hit-and-run tactics for the scythe slash.

I changed my mind: I think you'll manage just fine. You'll find ways if you're dedicated to playing fighter anyway. A lot of the fights will be more involving and interesting, too, like the knights that can perfect block from the front. I kind of regretted arrow-spamming my way through them. Have fun!
>>
>>329368730
Nice. I guess if all else fails my pawn's got my back; she's a very well-equipped Utilitarian/Scather Sorcerer, and tends to wreck shit before I can even get a spell off anyway.
>>
>>329366812
Looking
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.