[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would this game have been better if it featured more action and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 6
File: 1454221896141[2].jpg (235 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
1454221896141[2].jpg
235 KB, 2560x1440
Would this game have been better if it featured more action and a better combat system?
>>
It would have been better if it featured 100% more finger ass blasting
>>
>>329335538
Yes.
Also: Dinosaurs and giant robots.
>>
Chloe is a garbage character. Anyone who sac'd the town in favor of her is a retard lonely faggot.
>>
No.

The quicktime 'combat' in something like The Walking Dead just gets annoying after a while.

LiS only has one real 'combat' section as I remember when the stepdad saves you in the rape barn which is done super well, but it's nice that it doesn't wear out its welcome as a mechanic.
>>
Anyone else disappointed that Dontnod's next game is going to be some open world action vampire nonsense, not another point and click?
>>
>>329335738
>Anyone who sac'd the town in favor of her is a retard lonely faggot.
So is Max
>>
>>329335538
I'm sorry /v/ I let everyone down.. I let myself down.... I liked Life is Strange.
>>
>>329336126
There's only sudoku now. You know what must happen.
>>
>>329336126
Sudoku time
>>
>>329336126
Anon it was entertaining if you liked the whole teen drama stuff.
I liked it alot up until episode 5 where everything shit the bed leading to one of the most if not the least satisfying conclusions of any game ever.
>>
File: best girls.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
best girls.png
1 MB, 1280x720
No it would have been better if you could have gone on dates with Victoria or Kate and dropped Chloe
>>
>>329336567
>ywn watch The Passion of the Christ together with Kate and then discuss your favourite Bible verses, and wake up early Sunday morning for Church.

Oh wait, she's not a virgin, nvm, into the trash.
>>
>>329335538
Man.. i could beat up Warren over and over again.
>>
>>329336815
Go away Liam
>>
>>329336837
go away warrencuck
>>
>>329335738
>yfw storm's still coming to cuck everybody after you sac'd max's chick
>>
>>329335538
>Life is Stronge
>>
File: 409.gif (625 KB, 256x512) Image search: [Google]
409.gif
625 KB, 256x512
>/v/ supposedly hates this game
>Episode 5 came out months ago
>still 2 threads every day
>>
File: spoock.jpg (41 KB, 500x373) Image search: [Google]
spoock.jpg
41 KB, 500x373
>>329335538
>It's Max's overuse of her power that's causing the tornado
>Solution is to go back to bathroom and let Chloe die
>Because if it wasn't for that meeting in the bathroom, Max would have never discovered her power
>So apparently the idea is to make a timeline where Max never discovers her power
>But we already did this (alt universe/w Wheelie Chloe), and the same paranormal events were still happening at exactly the same times
>Let's ignore that for the moment, and point out Max discovered her power as a direct result of seeing Chloe die
>Presumably, Chloe not dying would have the same effect (actually a better chance) at stopping her from discovering her powers
>But this is what we actually did in the first rewind, went back to the bathroom and engineered a scenario where Chloe didn't die, so Max wouldn't have to rewind
>Ah, but that was after Max had already rewound once. Maybe the butterfly photo takes you back to the first time Max enters the Bathroom.
>Except that we had to re-take the Butterfly photo the second time we went into the bathroom, so that photo should lead to the second time Max entered the bathroom, where she already has her powers
> And they already established with photographing Kate and David, that you don't get to keep the photos after a rewind (except for the purposes of the optional photo collection thing, you don't keep them in game).
>So the photo must lead to the post-rewind bathroom
>Whateva, let's ignore that for the moment as well and assume the photo does take Max back to the first time she enters the bathroom
>Then since this is the first time in the bathroom, doing exactly what she did the second time, triggering the alarm and saving Chloe, would have prevented her from discovering her powers. Since letting Chloe die the first time around is actually what led to Max discovering her powers.

With this shitty writing? Nah. It includes qt lesbians, that's enough..
>>
>>329337148
>I think /v/ is one person and I like to make retarded statements
>>
>>329336126
Do not despair anon, I liked it, too.

I also like anime
>>
>>329335538
only for beating warren and jefferson
>>
>>329336024
Vampyr sounds pretty great actually. Might become a worthy spiritual successor to VtMB.

Also it's good that they don't pigeonhole themselves into a single genre just because of one good game, they seem like an innovative little studio that can bring new ideas to all kinds of genres.
>>
>>329335538
Life is Stronge?
>>
>>329337186
Nobody reads this wall of greentext you keep spamming.
>>
>>329337490
>>329337048
Life is Stroinge.
>>
File: lis.webm (3 MB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
lis.webm
3 MB, 1024x576
Nah it was perfect
>>
>>329337553
Then learn to ignore faggot
>>
File: Worst soldier ever.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Worst soldier ever.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>329335960

>Done super well
>>
>>329337773

kek
>>
>>329337702
I was shitting on this game before two days ago.
Now this changed my mind. I'm gonna buy it
>>
>>329335538
Not really. Max is still a boring-ass suburban white girl from a boring town in one of the most boring states not named Dakota. She even makes being a lesbian seem really boring.
>>
It's an adventure game with heavy focus on story and characters. I think trying to fit in action and some sort of combat mechanics in it would have been a mistake. Unless you're making the game with combat mechanics in mind from the start it's pointless to add them later. It would just make it a less enjoyable experience if it had shitty combat that is just there to draw in people who don't like adventure games.
>>
>cause of the tornado is satan
>satan is pissed Max somehow stole his rewind powers
>Kate tries to stop him from killing Max using divine powers
>Satan hits Max with magic and she seemingly dies
>cliche life flashing before your eyes
>N-NO, YOU W-WON'T WIN
>qte to stop Satan
>Max finds herself in her young body
>Christmas period 2001
>she's at Chloe's house playing vidya
>Satan appears and tries to kill her
>Max looks at the tv
>OH YEAH
>concentrates and rewinds again
>back at the cliff with overdesigned versions of their clothes
>tornado rages in the background
>Chloe notices the weird stuff and clothes
>MAX, WHAT'S HAPPENING?
>WELL, REMEMBER WHAT WE PLAYED DURING THE HOLIDAYS IN 2001?
>WHAT ARE YO-
> https://youtu.be/kXDxYIWAT7Y >OH HELLA FUCKING YEAH MAX
>I HAD A FEELING YOU'D LIKE IT CHLOE
>TIME TO KICK SOME DEVIL ASS
>satan laughs
>YOU THINK YOU CAN DEFEAT ME?
>Kate stands next to them
>WE KNOW WE CAN DEFEAT YOU, UNHOLY ABOMINATION
>Max steps forward
>YOU'RE NO MATCH FOR US
>battle starts
>it plays like Jecht Aeon battle
>Kate is Yuna, white mage and summoner
>can summon, William, Rachel, and Nathan
>limit break is Holy
>Max is the black mage
>can use tons of black magic spells
and her limit break uses Ultima
>Chloe is the physical attacker
>uses a sword or can switch to Yuna's gunner outfit from X-2
>limit break is either
There I fixed the ending
>>
>>329337898
>Letting a character who is not only shit convince you but on top of that voiced by Ashly Burch
>>
>shoehorning in a combat system

Adventure game devs can't into combat, just look at Dreamfall.
>>
>>329338136
And the other girl is voiced by Hannah Telle right?
>>
>>329338331
She is, yes.
>>
>>329335538
It would've been better in japanese, like everything in life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBAVQmbNbBs
>>
>>329337186
your copypasta is wrong, max gets her powers from the butterfly, she only uses them when she see's chloe. She could easily discover her powers some other way.
>>
>>329337750
Just thought I'd let you know so you'd stop bothering to repost it in every single thread.
>>
>>329338736
that means
>''Because if it wasn't for that meeting in the bathroom, Max would have never discovered her power''

and actually mate, nobody knows that how did she get these powers or about her visions.
>>
>>329335538
>better combat system
>combat system
>combat
I don't think we played the same game Anon.
>>
>>329337702
I don't want to buy this game for /u/
I've managed to stay away from it for this long, but my dick is telling me otherwise
>>
>>329339006
in the reality where chloe is in a wheelchair, max is popular with the vortex club; implying that she has used her powers to make everyone like her. Also, the very fact she is able to still use her powers means she must have gotten them in that reality as well.
>>
>>329339142
>in the reality where chloe is in a wheelchair, max is popular with the vortex club; implying that she has used her powers to make everyone like her

actually no. in original reality William's death affected to Max. in the other reality William was still alive so Chloe's (paralyzed but still alive) that's just because she beated her insecurities somehow. also if you read her journal she never mentioned about her powers in her journal and if did she discovered her powers that'll change her personality either. so no.
>>
>>329337898
>>329339070
its fake dumbasses
>>
>>329339414
Max doesn't talk to chloe after she leaves, So I doubt it had a giant impact on her personality. Also if it was the tragedy, I don't see how Williams death turns her into max but chloe being paralyzed turns her into a preppy vortex club member.
>>
>>329338136
Who fucking cares about voice actors man?
I'm only focused on the girl with freckles and the blue haired girl. Blonde haired girls seem pretty too.
>>
>>329335538
I really don't get the whole "visual novel with quick time events" genre. What's the appeal?
If I want to read/watch a good story I read/watch a book/movie.
If I want read a trashy story that panders to me I'll "play" a visual novel.

The quicktime event fest that these game have only seem to make them worse then regular visual novels to me.
What's the appeal /v/?
>>
Is the plot of this game as predictable as it sounds?
>>
>>329335538
Thanks for making this thread. I meant to get this the other day, and thought I did, but I just added it to my cart. It is still half of on PSN at the moment. Ten bucks is a pretty good deal for this game.
>>
>>329339942
Yes
>>
>>329335538
It would be "ok" if it had better facial animation than Reboot.
>>
>>329340618
The game was made by like seven people that don't speak English. I think it turned out acceptable.
>>
>>329339478
Then I have saved money
>>
>>329340742
For a game that focuses almost 100% on people talking, you could at least make an attempt.
>>
>>329337048
Life Is Strongle
>>
>>329337702
is this supposed to be hot?
>>
>>329339572
In 2008 William had to die in a car accident. but after original Max saved him Max left her body, he didn't die so autopilot Max had to left from the town with her parents (seattle) and Chloe wasn't angry at her like the original timeline. also with that, william's death didn't affect Max at that moment, because he was alive. Possibly Max got friends (she wasn't affected by bad things) and didn't call Chloe often after they moved to Seattle.

In 2010, Chloe involved in a car accident, it left her paralyzed. like i said if Chloe died it'll affect her personality for sure, but she's alive. also Max never visited her but sent to letters,photos to her once in a while. So it's about time.

And there's no evidence about AU Max has powers or not. But if we look at her journal, yeah AU Max didn't use/discover her powers. If she used it, then she wouldn't turn into a preppy vortex club member like you said. but of course maybe she had this power which's she wasn't aware of that, who knows? all these points are leading us to lazy writing. remember Rachel Amber's absence in that timeline either, even we were friends with Nathan..
>>
>>329339478
Shut up retard
>>
>>329341045
would be better if they were wearing underwears
>>
>>329341184
If auto-pilot Max stayed that way shoud would have certainly been killed by Jefferson I'm going to play it again sometime soon. I like this type of game every now and then. I used to play point and click games and dos games so I don't find there to be something inherently offensive about this game.
>>
>>329341697
>If auto-pilot Max stayed that way shoud would have certainly been killed by Jefferson

Yeah multiple realities...
>>
>>329335538
I thought this was a French lesbian film
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.