[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So now that you played the originals, can we all agree that Pokemon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 6
File: Pokemon-Red-2DS-Bundle.jpg (131 KB, 1080x600) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon-Red-2DS-Bundle.jpg
131 KB, 1080x600
So now that you played the originals, can we all agree that Pokemon as a franchise has only gotten better in every way over the years?
>>
Stories have been getting mad dumb desu imo senpai
>>
File: Musashi.(Pokémon).full.1803906.jpg (230 KB, 694x800) Image search: [Google]
Musashi.(Pokémon).full.1803906.jpg
230 KB, 694x800
I still think that Giovanni[/spoilers] being a Gym Leader was a nice plot twist
I'm enjoying myself trying to catch them all right now, 144 seen, catch 114, on my way to be the Pokémon Master.
>>
>>329334602
Why does that 2ds look so good?
I want it
>>
>>329334602
Nope. Every Gen 6 game was a few steps back from gen 5.
>>
>>329334602
>can we all agree that Pokemon as a franchise has only gotten better in every way over the years?

no, it's more or less the exact same shit every game except with more pokemons.
>>
>>329335032
Transparent consoles are sexy
>>
>>329334602
desu it peaked at gen5, and went to shit in 6.
N is best poke-husbando
>>
>>329335061
>pokemons
It's pokemon in plural you big dummy. Do you say animes too?
>>
You know what I realized really miss from gen 1?
The non-linearity. You could do badges 3-6 in pretty much any order you like, even more if you use glitches. No other gen had that to this extend if at all.
>>
>>329334602

The games, yea with the advancements of tech which leads into graphics and art, but other than that, the story and scope is pretty much the same, and lackluster. Latios/Latias flying around is great but runs into the problem,the region is too small for that kind of freedom.

Online connectivity is also good but diminishes the social experience, you also can fight anyone in the world, but can never talk or text them. No real way of making friends unless you use a fb group or something.

The story is pretty shitty and very repetitious.

Also afraid what will they do next, in terms of evolution. Mega was ok, but there is word of fusion.... might be coming which will kill the feel of the franchise.

The anime are pretty shitty, Ash is a pretty bad char. With the exception of origins,which was fantastic.

What also kills me is that there hasn't been a coliseum or stadium game for many years now, the fighting game looks good, but I wont buy a wiiu just to play that, I would buy one to play a stadium or coll.
>>
>>329335326
>wanting a metroid-like pokemon experience
>>
>>329335474
>but can never talk
To be fair, the latest game included voice chat for just this purpose. I can't understand why they didn't do a text based thing outside of "BUT THEY MIGHT SAY BAD WORDS!" and why using the GTS is a fucking nightmare.
>>
>>329335290
Actually, the plural is loneliness.
>>
>>329335567
>not wanting that
>>
>>329335572
no one really uses it, its a little too late, also the hardware of the 3ds makes me cringe, Got the new 3ds xl, and you still lagg with battles when 3d is on. What nonsense is that. The vita blows the 3ds out of the water when it comes to hardware, minus the preparatory memory card.

Honestly I haven't touched my 3ds xl in awhile
Been on my vita playing Cyber Sleuth and the Gundam game.
>>
>>329335567
It's like that already but linear

>can't access this part of the map until you have this hm
>>
>>329335789
Imagine a Digimon game that gives people everything they want and more. The start of a revitalized franchise, on the vita. Launched for all regions with dubs/subs,dlc,expansions and merchandise to match.
>>
File: opinion of pokemon.png (52 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
opinion of pokemon.png
52 KB, 800x600
>So now that you played the originals
>Paying for a port of a game you've already played
Why?

I do agree, though. As a game pokemon has only improved, but at the same time age and experience with many games (that are actually good) has had an effect on my opinion. It's all shit.
I made a graph
>>
>>329335015
God I wanna kiss Jessie's tummy.
>>329334602
Most definitely.
The mechanics exspecially.
Playing the first game in a long running series really puts things in perspective.
>>
>>329334602
The art style and monster designs got shittier.
>>
>>329336124
Because the cart my parents payed for on my 7th birthday has a dead save battery and I can't trade with anyone.
>>
>>329336648
loser
>>
>>329336648
>he didn't replace the battery
>>
>>329335326

I dont really miss it because then we'd get GSC tier level scailing and we all know Gamefreak can't balance the game around non-linearity
>>
Can you use pokebank to transfer to ORAS on the originals?
>>
>>329335326
>You could do badges 3-6 in pretty much any order you like, even more if you use glitches. No other gen had that to this extend if at all.
And for that to be done they have lower levels overall. There's a reason why Giovanni's mons just say fuck it and go from 45 to 50.
>>
>>329337110
Sabrina and Koga both have lv 50 pokemon in Yellow.
>>
>>329335032
No 2DS looks good. You must have brain damage.
>>
>>329334602
It kept improving up to gen 5, but then 6 took 2 steps backward
>>
>>329337242
They also have one less Pokemon and replace one of them with a shittier one.
Ironically enough Blaine's team is IMPROVED by losing Pokemon. How the fuck.
>>
>>329337480
How

Gen 6 was the same just in 3D and with cute dress up for your trainer
>>
>>329337104
Pls respond
>>
>>329335868
Keep imagining, autist.
>>
>>329338029
no.
red blue yello > bank>sun and moon >oras/xy
>>
>>329337104

No.

RBY will only be compatable with Sun/Moon. No one knows why exactly, but people are assuming a game mechanic is being removed or brought back.
>>
>>329338592
>but people are assuming a game mechanic is being removed or brought back.
Probably has something to do with the multiverse theory.
>first Zelda
>then Mario
>now Pokemon
>>
>>329336648
You can very easily buy a new battery and replace it. All you need is a little screwdriver to open the cart up.
>>
Gen 6 was waaaay too easy. They also admitted to rushing it.
>>
>>329335680
underrated
>>
>>329337480
This. B2W2 was the pinnacle of Pokémon so far. XY's gimmicks were clothes and 3D, nothing else.
>>
haven't played since blue. which generation is best for gameplay depth and difficulty
>>
>>329334602
No, i skipped a shit ton of gymsthis time around and the game didnt give a shit which was great. I hate the fucking rail roading in new games. The newer stories boil down to a "chosen one" trope nowadays too. I could really do without megas as well.
>>
>>329334602
No, they have gotten way worse. If you think megas are an improvement and all, fucking kill yourself.
The only improvements are movement speed and in battle move description
>>
>>329339935
IMO Gen 5 had the most depth.
>>
>>329339960
>I could really do without megas as well
Same. Megas are shit.
>>
>want to play them again
>my stupid 3DSs hate trying to connect to the internet at home and I don't know of any public wifi I can use
Any guaranteed chain restaurants with wifi I can bum off to load these from?
>>
>>329339960
>The newer stories boil down to a "chosen one" trope nowadays too
Ebin.
>>
>>329340529
I remember watching Pokemon 2000 when I was ten, will at 'Choooosen Oooone' shit and being like 'this is a dumb idea, so his whole life was leading up to moving a bunch of orbs? No one else was going to do that?' And then I started really getting annoyed with stuff like destiny and lack of choice, it just irked me right in my core that people couldn't decide for themselves who they were.

Christ, I think Pokemon made me an atheist.
>>
>>329340529
The chosen one cliche is so fucking boring though.
>>
File: laughingcybrids.png (595 KB, 702x649) Image search: [Google]
laughingcybrids.png
595 KB, 702x649
>>329340851
>his beliefs got changed by stuff added by the dub for "epicness"

>>329341343
Yep. But shitposting doesn't make it any truer. The only chosen one bullshit is in the first BW game. Every other game is "trainer is at the right place at the right time please trainer help us".
>>
>>329340529

Are you saying they're not?

>Here's a super rare bracelet that gives your pokemon god powers
>Every other person that bought the game or has any plot importance has one in some form

This is how we move to Digimon territory. I love the monsters in Digimon, but the chosen one meme killed the franchise. It's like saying, "I want nothing but exponential power creep from now on."
>>
>>329337545
Except less features for literally everything, ugly 3D models and the worst single player in the series
>>
Yeah, and then it got boring.

Not that I'm trying to imply these things are related or that gen 1 is better because it's shit.
>>
>>329334602
First game for me was yellow. Peak was hg/ss and gen 5. I'm not excited for Gen 7 after Gen 6.

>>329340429
Mcdonalds.
>>
>>329341663
>>Here's a super rare bracelet that gives your pokemon god powers
>fight a gym to prove your power
>man you look strong we have something that can make you stronger here unfortunately we only have one right now
>fight between you and your rival we only have one of this item who will get it you or you
>oh remember those items the prof gave you guys, now you can use it
Yeah, sure is "chosen one" here. Oh wait, it's not.
"Here have this Pokeball that never fails, use it WINK WINK on the game's WINK WINK legendary WINK WINK nobody else has one and will never get one, nobody but you" is just as bad. Not mentioning half the plot of the first game being impeding the villains from getting this Pokeball that YOU get given right after because you're superspeshal. Or why only gym leaders and you are the ones allowed to use TMs despite there being hundreds of trainers.

>It's like saying, "I want nothing but exponential power creep from now on."
Curious, because the ones from the previous generations are the only ones who have been consistently good/amazing through the games.
If you want to complain about power creep then ask GF why Raticate wasn't made as good as Mewtwo.
>>
>>329334602
Buying mine in 2 days, what color should I go with
>>
>>329344193
Blue
>>
Every time I play these I find cooler and cooler stuff to do. Did you know instead of just catching mew with the curelean town glitch you can fight other trainers and get more pokemon. You can even get a level 100 gengar and mew from experience under flow glitch.

Game always surprises.
>>
>>329344456
Blue has the worst exclusive pokemans tho
>>
>>329345618
The first 2 pokemon gens had the best glitches. I'm gonna have a lot of fun with glitches when GSC inevitably releases.
>>
>>329345926
>Vulpix
>Sandshrew

>Worse
>>
>>329337110
Why lower level? In Gen 1, the type tree was suppose to be this big advantage.
>>
>>329345926
Stop sucking dicks.
>>
File: excl.png (142 KB, 1619x2071) Image search: [Google]
excl.png
142 KB, 1619x2071
>>329346321
Worse than Growlithe and Mankey? Absolutely.
>>
Design if the Pokemon has gotten objectively worse like they hired the dude who made Jinx and told him to do all of them.

Super evolutions or whatever the fuck is retarded and not Pokemon.

Games are much much easier

Otherwise yes they are improvements all around if they could get these three problems on lock it would be great.
>>
>>329346672
primeape>sandslash
>>
>>329346865
hence why red > blue
>>
>>329334602
They are simple but effective. It's just a classic JRPG with a good collecting element. It doesn't have the overly intrusive story of the newer games (which have horrible stories compared to other rpgs) and just goes for basic but effective.

Their are weird balance issues but that will only ever effect you if you are big on multiplayer, which a lot have no interest in and it is fucked in all the games anyway.
>>
>>329334907
>Stories have been getting mad dumb desu imo senpai
This.
We went from a pokemon mafia, to a slightly confused pokemon mafia, to ecological terrorists to weird cults to I don't even know what the fuck.
And in the old games at least text limitations didn't let them put 10-page spiels on how AMAZING POKEMONS ARE into every character encountered.
>>
>>329346672
Sandslash is actually pretty good with how many poison types there are in gen 1.
He's basically a tankier Dugtrio.
Marowak is shit because it has no speed in a gen where speed is what gets you crits.
And Rock/Ground type a shit. Have fun being 4xed by very common attacks.

But in my opinion
Sandslash>Arbok
Weepingbell>Vileplume
Primeape>Persian
Scyther>Pinsir
Electabuzz>Magmar
>>
>>329347594
The villains aren't my problem, my problem is OH HEY CHILDHOOD FRIEND WHO I HAVE NO REAL RELATIONSHIP WITH LETS GOOF OFF IN THIS SIDE HOUSE AND DO SOME POINTLESS SHIT WHILE WE LEARN ABOUT MYTHS

It's fine if they want more story, it's fine if they want more interaction but make it good. I hate to bring up youkai watch but at least they made that stuff semi entertaining even if the rest was meh
>>
>>329334602
>now
i know this is bait so ill step away

i still think the first two generations were the best. their worlds are more interesting and exploration is fun and worthwhile. newer games i lose interest in completely around level 20 of any pokemon. there are no branching paths just a bunch of gimmicky shit like full 3d buildings WOOOAAHH and they suffer from sever featurecreep with OVER 700 FUCKING POKEMON as if 151 wasn't enough. i think its too time consuming to beat pokemon now.
>>
>>329348137
>being a faggy genwunner
>>
>>329348213
actually my favorite generation is generation 2
>>
>>329335567
>not wanting this

idjit
>>
>>329336124
It's because Gamefreak is atleast 3~4 generations behind modern developers, in technical skill. I don't think there are developers as incompetent as Gamefreak. Pokemon brand is literally hiding their developers lack of technical skill.
>>
I can't go back from gen 3,

I could tolerate gen 2 if it had gen 3's PC but that's what Hg/Ss is for.
>>
How am I supposed to get all pokemons in these versions?
>>
>>329348137
>their worlds are more interesting and exploration is fun and worthwhile.
How are they more interesting? Everything looks the fucking same wherever you go.
Johto at least tried to change a bit by having a city on a mountain and two cities just on the coast(and not "just there" but built on them)

>i think its too time consuming to beat pokemon now.
You're retarded.

>there are too many features
Christ.
>>
>>329348345
Still makes you a genwunner. I bet you like the original gen 2 over the remake too.
>>
File: 1451784576025.png (235 KB, 948x627) Image search: [Google]
1451784576025.png
235 KB, 948x627
>>329335680
>>
>>329338592

Sugimori said they wanted to simplify things in gen 7 so many people are assuming they are removing I.V's/making all Pokemon have 31 I.Vs.
>>
>>329339935

Play Platinum.
>>
>He fell for the gen 1 meme
>>
#
http://strawpoll.me/6964237
>>
>>329345926
Then don't ask which one to go with
>>
>>329348957
>plant
found the fucking spic pendejo
>>
>>329334602
there's so much I'm thankful for, especially storage boxes I don't have to make a routine to go change out. I will say I love how relatively small-scale and non-obtrusive the story in this game is, but Gold/Silver did that well too.
>>
>>329349547
I translated the word my country uses for them and forgot it's grass in US.I'm from germany.
Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.