[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this game constantly priced below $5? I've even seen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: The-Last-Remnant.jpg (646 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
The-Last-Remnant.jpg
646 KB, 1280x800
Why is this game constantly priced below $5? I've even seen it priced at $1.99 on the gamestop digital store.

Triple A title that released six years ago being sold for less than a happy meal? What's the deal?
>>
Because it never really sold well in the first place. It's a JRPG aimed at a western audience. So it neither did well in Japan or the US.

6 years later and it shockingly still isn't selling well.
>>
Because people are too lazy to figure out how to play it, either that or they'll give up at hell's gates and cry it's too hard. Honestly, it's one of the best jrpgs I have ever played. Easily worth the 10 dollars I spent on it.

Emma best girl btw
>>
Because the main character is a whiny bitch. This is the only game I have stopped playing because the main characteris an insufferable faggot
>>
>>329313902
Liked the game has objectively the best desert song but I fucked up by grinding like a faggot and got stomped by an op ass dragon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6STeWC9hw18
>>
>>329313902
It's obscure as fuck and it's hard enough that casuals hate it while having one of the most pathetically inadequate tutorial sections ever, without even having a good story or good characters to back it all up.

I enjoyed the game a lot, but it's not hard to see why it's an unpopular niche title.
>>
>>329313902
The characters sucked, the story sucked, the OST had some great themes but mostly sucked, the tutorial sucked, the setting sucked, the dungeons were linear, you were punished for leveling up too fast, etc. etc. Such a forgettable experience.
>>
>>329313902
It's a good but relatively unpopular game. If you like SaGa games this is a spiritual successor to that series (and a much better one than Legend of Legacy, too)
>>
>>329315853
About 3/4 of this is wrong, but the worst offender is
>the dungeons were linear

You havin a giggle m8? Dungeons were bullshit labyrinths of death
>>
>>329315853
>OST had some great themes but mostly sucked

Nigga wat

Seriously the OST is fucking underrated
>>
>>329314729
>objectively the best desert song

pls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yl-B_qd0VQ&index=7&list=PLFD1792C1064BA917
>>
>>329316450
His was better.
>>
I wonder how much The Last Remnant has made in long-tail sales.
>>
>>329313902
Non-standard combat system requires brain, failed to garner mass-appeal and acclaim as a result.

Also console version was vastly inferior in the worst ways, in regards to locking you out of using more than a handful unique characters and hordes of generics instead.
>>
>>329318251
It was refreshing to see a PC port that was actually the superior version
>>
Because it's a six year old PC game?
>>
Was too hard and too complex for casuls.
>>
>AAA title
But it's not.
>>
>>329318251
Yeah I played on the 360 version and they FORCED me to use generic fodder to fill up my team. Fucking bullshit.
>>
>>329313902
i loved the combat in last remnant but hated the story, is there any game that has this good turnbased combat but doesn't have the shittiest most bland story of all time?
>>
>>329313902

>6 years old

By that point everybody that wanted to play it already bought it. You can't sell it for too much or nobody would even consider watching a gameplay about it on yourtube.
>>
File: lrplayed.png (34 KB, 251x97) Image search: [Google]
lrplayed.png
34 KB, 251x97
Loved it, fuck all the haters.
>>
2hard4plebs
>>
Whats the problem if you grind? is there some kind of hardcore autolevel?

Bought it for 1$ in some humble bundle, but I didnt played it yet
>>
>>329315853
>The characters sucked, the story sucked, the OST had some great themes but mostly sucked, the tutorial sucked, the setting sucked

I can't stress this enough.

Kill yourself.
>>
>>329313902
It isn't a triple A title. Like almost every JRPG, it's double A
>>
>>329323940
The game gets harder the more you grind
>>
>>329313902
Because it's not that great. JRPG hipsters will sing praises for it though.
>>
File: cat pls.jpg (55 KB, 342x316) Image search: [Google]
cat pls.jpg
55 KB, 342x316
>>329324297
>JRPG hipsters
>>
>>329323940

The only problem is the hidden mechanics that the game never tells you about. Read the wiki first before playing. There are a lot of missables.
>>
>Grind
>Get your ass handed to you

>Don't grind
>Still get your ass handed to you
at least I got past hell's gate so far

What is the sweet spot when it comes to battle rank?
>>
>>329313902
too hard for final fantasy retards ( every so often one of them will come and say he figured the game out by himself )
>>
So is this game really good or it's just /v/ memeing as usual
>>
Game withholding massive amounts of information from you is not good design.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.