[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, /v/, so I've finally decided to start playing some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 8
File: download.jpg (14 KB, 310x163) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
14 KB, 310x163
Hey, /v/, so I've finally decided to start playing some FE however I'm undecided as to whether I should start with Awakening or Fates. Help me choose?
>>
I would say start with fates, the two games have next to nothing to do with each other or any other games in the FE series. Fates has a lot of gameplay improvements and has 3 different paths for the plot, where as awakening only has one (as do every other FE game)

The paths kinda let you feel like you are the MC and it helps with immersion, plus kamui a qt.

Awakening is still a great game but id play fates first, fates also has new difficulty options to make it easier on newbies.
>>
>>329314019
Thanks a lot, man. What exactly are the differences between Conquest and Birthright? I could easily Google that shit but I'd feel more at ease hearing the important bits from someone who seems to know what they're talking about
>>
>>329314138
Birthright is what you start with. Conquest is hard as shit actually. Don't go in expecting an impressive story, story is what fire emblem lacks. Great, fun gameplay though, and I like the characters too.
>>
>>329314138

Birthright is easier all around. It lets you grind old maps for exp, the chapter missions are much more straightforward and pretty sure there are less enemies overall.

Conquest is a straight march through all the story chapters without exp grinding, the mission objectives are more complex and enemies are laid out in more difficult formations.
>>
>>329314138
Conquest plot wise has you choose to side with the nohr family, which is a nation surrounded by evil and darkness.

Birthright plot wise has you choose to side with the hoshido family, a peace loving nation that is only at war with nohr because they want to destroy hoshido.

As for gameplay, birthright is the easiest of them all, the missions are always stuff like rout the enemy (kill all the bad guys) and there's a ton of extra challenges and stuff to help you grind for XP and money in case you're short.

Conquest is balls on the wall. The missions vary alot, focusing on specific goals rather then just kill everything. It's also ridiculously harder no matter what difficulty you're playing on. On top of that XP and money are limited so if you're behind on levels...you're gonna stay behind unless you manage your troops efficiently.

Also side note, dont forget there's a third version of fates called Revelations that comes out in 2 weeks. It's a middle ground between birthright and conquest. Difficulty is in the middle and the story has you choose neither family.

If you're going to ask for my recommendation, get birthright first since you're new (even though it's easy, the game can get brutal if you aren't good at managing your troops) play through that

If you like it go buy conquest and see the other side of the plot/gameplay.

If you REALLY loved the game then buy revelations to finish the true plot of the game.

Nintendo has a deal where if you buy one retail game (birthright/conquest) you can download the other and revelations for just $20 instead of having to pay $40 for each game. In the end it'll cost you $80-ish but it's worth it.

There's also a special edition that has all three games on one cart with some bonuses but good luck getting that man, its sold out everywhere.
>>
File: 20160229_222314.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160229_222314.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
OP here! Thanks so much for the input guys, as you can see I've gone with Birthright. Have a good one guys!
>>
File: 1444950535317.png (238 KB, 407x511) Image search: [Google]
1444950535317.png
238 KB, 407x511
>>329315206
Nice job man. Youre gonna love it. Try to avoid going on /v/ to discuss the game because everyone bitches about censorship. The game is perfect the way it is, fun as shit. Enjoy all the hours of life you will lose due to this game
>>
Oh hey, a fates thread.
>>
Why isn't it called seal of flames fates?
>>
>>329313762

Awakening for sure. Much better game.

Script for the one game is longer than all $90 of Fates put together
>>
Conquestfag here. On chapter 10, does killing Takumi stop the water drain?
>>
File: 1383520479491.png (2 MB, 983x1073) Image search: [Google]
1383520479491.png
2 MB, 983x1073
>losing a unit to a critical hit in Classic mode

Is this what homocidal rage feels like?
>>
>>329318156
No.
Homicidal rage is when your favorite unit gets shitty stat gains for the 5th straight level up in a row.
>>
>>329317932
yes ofcourse, who would use dragon vein if hes gone
>>
>>329318620
>tfw arthur did this from 10-15
>>
>>329314138
The story in conquest is pretty good though
>>
>>329319474
dont kid yourself
>>
>>329319531
I just finished and I liked it. It's not the best shit ever but easily better than Elibe, Awakening and Sacred Stones
>>
>>329315206

Enjoy yourself.
>>
>>329319682
nah sacred stoner is better
>>
>>329319682
It's not better than any of those
>>
>>329321069
>>329321170
well I say it is better
whatcha gonna do faggots
>>
>>329319682
Even Awakening's cliche-ridden story is better than Conquest's.
>>
>>329321338
Ill shit on your lawn
>>
>>329321341
Awakening's story is just a mess
disconnected arcs, shit pacing, overdone ancient evil plot, etc
Conquest is GoT lite anime version
>>
>>329318156
Criticals save me more often than they fuck me over. I've only had one unlucky critical so far.

My Laslow just miraculously saved a unit's life by dealing two 6% criticals in a row.
>>
I would say Fates and Conquest, but that's me.

Probably want to start with Birthright, because Conquest WILL fucking break you.
>>
>>329321686
> I've only had one unlucky critical so far.
I'm betting it was Arthur, wasn't it?

I love him as a character, but as a unit, he's got 'CRIT MAGNET' written all over him.
>>
>>329321691
Yep, I liked that they really removed the option to grind to death. You have to properly level your unit or you're fucked
>>
>>329321541
What you just said basically describes all Fire Emblem games. Too bad in Conquest it's ten times worse.
Not only are those aspects included, the characters are beyond retarded, the game loves to shit all over Nohr and paint Hoshido as the good guy, and the end is basically "Make sure to buy Revelations!"
>>
>>329321827
Nah, I saw that coming a mile away and dropped him as soon as I noticed crit chances creeping up. I don't have much tolerance for Fighters in higher difficulties anyway with their unreliable hit chances.

It was Scarlet vs my Silas. Everything was going so well too, the Outlaw was dead with no houses raided. I was mad.
>>
>>329322053
how are the characters retarded? I bet you're retarded
>>
File: image.jpg (82 KB, 515x422) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82 KB, 515x422
Norh has the better missions and characters.
Birthright has a slightly better story and allowed for grinding.
Go with your gut and pick a side.

who here on mission Sakura aka Norhmandy
>>
>Finally got the game and just started
>Can't bring myself to actually start playing it because I can't decide which route I want to take

Fug. Unfortunately Fire Emblem is one of those series I really enjoy reading and talking about, but am yet to ever actually finish any of the games.
>>
>>329322218
Isn't it past your bed time?

>Hey Kamui, your father is evil but let's do what he says for now and hope for the best.
>Who was that blue haired dancer who almost killed daddy? Where did Aqua go? Oh, there you are Aqua, did u happen to see a blue haired dancer pass by?
>Instead of pulling the royal siblings into to 4th dimension to try and convince them that your daddy is some eldritch abomination, we'll keep them in the dark about it and just try and get him to sit on a magical throne instead.
>>
File: 1364111808248.jpg (152 KB, 600x599) Image search: [Google]
1364111808248.jpg
152 KB, 600x599
>>329322232
I'm still stuck get Takumied on 10. The fact that this is harder than anything in Birthright is both satisfying and frustrating.
>>
>>329322773
What difficulty are you on?
For Hard I had to go against all of my Fire Emblem instincts and let Camilla chase down and murder some of the Pegasus Knights. Don't forget about the Freeze stave as well.
>>
File: 1422026267396.png (83 KB, 274x237) Image search: [Google]
1422026267396.png
83 KB, 274x237
>Conquest
>S rank Xander with Hero Charlotte
>Pair up
>mfw Xander is broken as fuck

Finally a OP paladin in FE
>>
>>329322875
Hard Classic. The biggest problem for me is that people are missing shit they shouldn't, like a 92%, and then getting killed because of it.
>>
>Just beat Conquest

Fuck not being able to save on endgame.
>>
>>329313762
Anyone who says Awakening is pretty much a contrarian

Awakening was never good. The game is so fucking unbalanced that isn't even fun (try Lunatic and L+, is literally artificial difficulty), pacing is shit and it feels like the game is trying to get into a grindfest (again, balance is garbage)
It's just not help that there are like two or three good characters (though supports are more funny than Fates)

Just play Fates (Birthright is good for newbies but I think that Conquest is more fun to play) and try to ignore Awakening existance, unless you only want to get into waifus and enjoy playing as baby-sitter Frederick for like 6 chapters
>>
Is the official version or translation patch 3.0 currently preferable?
I'm drawn to the japanese audio but the lack of translated supports is a turn-off, whereas I couldn't care less about pokemon-amie and I'd get a game that's fully "translated".
>>
>>329323310

At least Awakening had the "How fucking hard can I break the game's mechanics over my knee?" kind of unbalanced which can be fun. Fate's Lunatic difficulty is just as much cheese-central nonsense too.
>>
>>329323391

English dub is good, of course there are some fucked up voices (Felicia, Effie) but overall it is pretty good
>>
>>329323147
I know that feel. I only won because I got lucky with aegis activating on three killing blows. Hell, the final boss himself was easier than what it took to get to him.
>>
>>329313762
>Starting with either
Fates if anything, but both are kinda shit in different ways.

Real anons play 7, 9 or 12.
>>
>>329323532
>Effie

It's really a shame how bad her voice is since she was third best Nohr girl. It's bad enough hearing her after she kills a nigga, I don't want to even imagine her talking about eating my dick.
>>
>>329322631
>My father is evil, but I will be executed if I move out of line. Every time I try to defy him I almost get executed
>got nothing for the azura thing that was retarded, but not really important
>the only way for the nohrian siblings to go to the other dimension was through the black canyon, and they couldn't even talk about the other dimension beforehand, it would have been stupid to even try. "Hey Xander, wanna jump to this bottomless pit? I can't tell you why though, but my friend Azura who's been living with the enemy all this time told me it was great!"
>>
File: 1439793057639.gif (2 MB, 500x360) Image search: [Google]
1439793057639.gif
2 MB, 500x360
>tfw just finished Revelation
Fuck me that final chapter is stressful, I'm still happy I managed to do it on my first try
>>
>>329323686
I had to spaz out at the very end for me, MU and Xander where my main forces while I relied on Leo with Excaliber as a dumb luck glass cannon to mop up the Faceless and whatnot. I had at least 4 people manage to win fights with 1hp at the same time. At least I got a face full of tits afterwards.
>>
>>329323481
No, its not. A fun unbalanced game is something like FFV or Custom Robo Arena
Spending hours and hours in griding, pairs up units and reclassing like a idiot just to get a Unit with one or two overpowered skill is just fucking stupid
>>
>>329323865
>Committing murder repeatedly and while trying to stop it, you do nothing about his subordinates.
Even halfway through the game you probably have enough power to slap down the entire Nohr kingdom if your siblings would just join you. They even know that Garon isn't the man he used to be.

Even for the last part, trying to start a rebellion within the army is a better idea than committing genocide on the neighboring kingdom.
>>
>>329324963
The royal siblings, even when face to face with slime Garon wouldn't react immediately.
They were blinded by their memories of old Garon, trying to convince them of killing Garon without any proof would have been suicide.
Besides, if you died, who would make sure the bloodshed is kept to a minimum? Hans?
>>
>Ctrl+F "FE7"
>0 Results

Play 7 if you haven't
>>
awakening
>>
>>329325326
That doesn't help the fact that the 'theme' of Conquest was to change everything from the inside. Kamui is too much if a dumbass to actually try and kill off the other members of the army to try and make that happen.
The siblings also strive for a somewhat peaceful kingdom, but can only do so by trying to pussy foot around daddy's plans. Their backup plans do not work, and it seems as though they can't be bothered and just hope their father will just have a change of heart sometime.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.